To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

2009 Season AFL DT - Recruiting for the FISO CHAMPIONSHIP

A forum for fans of Fantasy Australian Rules Football (AFL)
dalythgoe
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: All round don

2009 Season AFL DT - Recruiting for the FISO CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by dalythgoe »

The other thread got a bit grim so here's a new one.

Evicted list- to be reinstated if rejoin: Ianovich, Viddleodge, Sligorover, Brogie (all Prem), Slarty (Champ), MM, Adidasandahalf, Trigger Happy, Beglee (Old Div1)

At the moment the DT leagues placings are (after evictions):

Premiership:

Definite (posted on this board): Tippaz, Cookiezncream, UncSi, Tedbull, SunderlandFan, Atx1303, Dalythgoe, Canary Yellow, X-Man
Probable (there last year but not posted yet): Sarky, Scotty-mac, M-Boy, Worm, Downboys, Bal, Jellysticks

Championship:

Definite (posted): Five Long Bones, Irish Raider, Gravesy, Redmen82, , Cherylhoney, Golden Bear, The Pom
Probable (there last year but not posted yet): Flyman, Zulu Warrior,
Possible: Devil's Advocate, Walrus, Skyfire, Pommie Jimbo
Teabaggers: 3

Please post below to confirm (those who are probables/possibles), enroll, withdraw or relegate yourself :shock:
Last edited by dalythgoe on 29 Jan 2009, 17:04, edited 11 times in total.

uncsi
Grumpy Old Man

Re: 2009 SEASON AFL LEAGUES

Post by uncsi »

Well I'm still in. Not heard from some of the other AFLers for a while though...

Five long bones
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Five long bones »

I`ll be back.

dalythgoe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by dalythgoe »

Five long bones wrote:I`ll be back.
Good man and well played in FPL for the Chopoppers- your December was majestic 8-)

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

I think myself and Cheryl are still in for AFL, hopefully there's enough of us to do a decent sized league despite the bannings.

I'm looking forward to playing the league actually understanding whats going on for a change :D
Last edited by SunderlandFan on 19 Jan 2009, 15:53, edited 1 time in total.

tedbull
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 82nd 08/09

Post by tedbull »

As far as I'm aware you and Cheryl are in the divisional structure however it ends up (once we have all confirmations). If for any reason that doesn't happen then count me in for the non VIP league.

dalythgoe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by dalythgoe »

The bans have hit the Premiership hard at the moment :shock: but there's enough time yet before the season starts to get things sorted so hopefully a mass structural change won't take place.

irishraider
Treebeard

Post by irishraider »

I'll be in again. Cheers

redmen82
FISOhead
FS Record: always last

Post by redmen82 »

i would like to be in it

M-boy
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 94th 07/08

Post by M-boy »

I'll be back. 8-)

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

Nice to see the return of some old faces and some new ones too! 8-)

brogie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by brogie »

Just been trying to unravel what has been going on lately, and it seems that the afl fantasy leagues will be taking a battering.

Viddleodge and schlocky rekindled my interest in aussie rules a few years ago, and together with slarty, sligo and others, much craic was had following the afl. The growth of the fiso afl fantasy league was testament to the popularity of the game and the banter of those involved in it.
It seems these guys will not be involved in a FISO league, and as it stands i particularly do not want to enter a league that will be sadly lacking the original banter which made it so popular. It was these members who re-introduced me to the game, therefore i will hope to join them in a league on another forum such as afl site bigfooty.
I see schlocky has been singled out for something going on within the site and has been banned. I don't understand what this is in relation to, though i would like to point out on my behalf that he along with viddle they have been the focal point of the popularity in the afl footy game on the fiso site. Schlocky has even went as far as sending out league prizes from australia to ireland to both sligorover and myself, at his own cost. Such generosity is most appreciated and i am disappointed to see that he has been removed from participating in this forum

tedbull
Dumbledore

Post by tedbull »

Be a shame if you choose not to play, brogie. You can put DT teams in 3 leagues - any chance you'll enter and just see how it goes?

Dalythgoe, is that evicted list correct? I'm pretty sure I've seen adidas and slarty posting, and think that beglee has gone. Has sligo been on?

M-boy
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 94th 07/08

Post by M-boy »

tedbull wrote:Be a shame if you choose not to play, brogie. You can put DT teams in 3 leagues - any chance you'll enter and just see how it goes?
I'll echo those comments ted. Brogie: we're all disappointed - and probably a little bit confused - about what happened. The guys you mention were integral to Aussie Rules on this forum. However, so were Tippaz, Unc, SunderlandFan, you and a few others and hopefully some of those who are gone will come back. As ted says, some of those are back already. Vannie's back, ianovich is back, adidas never went away I don't think.
tedbull wrote: Dalythgoe, is that evicted list correct? I'm pretty sure I've seen adidas and slarty posting, and think that beglee has gone. Has sligo been on?
Don't know about slarty - shame as it is I think he pretty much said he wasn't coming back. Don't know about beglee either, but adidas is here. Stay Classy says Sligo's gone. Hopefully he'll reconsider.

cherylhoney
Dumbledore

Post by cherylhoney »

I only wanted to play this game to get abused. :lol: Still looking forward to it though.

dalythgoe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by dalythgoe »

I agree that the lack of those banned will be a huge loss but I will be playing in both of the Leagues, so feel free to do the same Brogie.
tedbull wrote: Dalythgoe, is that evicted list correct? I'm pretty sure I've seen adidas and slarty posting, and think that beglee has gone. Has sligo been on?
Slarty's left, Adidas was involved due to Schlocky etc so probably won't participate here. I'll remove Beglee and Sligo, if they have gone, which I think they have.

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

I think we'll still have plenty of banter between those staying and some new people. I'll do my best to abuse Cheryl in Schlock's absence. I think it's a bit of a myth that we can't have good banter without certain people although if anyone feels like they can't enter out of solidarity to Schlock and the others then that's fair enough, albeit a huge shame.

CanaryYellow
FISO Knight

Post by CanaryYellow »

I will be playing again this year, i didn't realise i had to confirm myself as an entrant.

uncsi
Grumpy Old Man

Post by uncsi »

CanaryYellow wrote:I will be playing again this year, i didn't realise i had to confirm myself as an entrant.
You gonna play for the whole season this year CY? :wink:

Oh and Brogie - I know what you mean about Schlock - I thought he was a good guy at heart (and he certainly didn't need to send those prizes out) but why not join the bigfooty league and the FISO one then you get the best of both?

Plus you can boast to Frankie boy how you've ripped us all a new one.

C'mon - HTFU - don't be a WAS mate.

CanaryYellow
FISO Knight

Post by CanaryYellow »

So long as my internet connection doesn't vanish on me, of course. I do feel i wasted that really strong start because i had literally 10-15 minutes to read injury threads and make my changes each week.

cherylhoney
Dumbledore

Post by cherylhoney »

SunderlandFan wrote:I think we'll still have plenty of banter between those staying and some new people. I'll do my best to abuse Cheryl in Schlock's absence. I think it's a bit of a myth that we can't have good banter without certain people although if anyone feels like they can't enter out of solidarity to Schlock and the others then that's fair enough, albeit a huge shame.
:lol: :lol:

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

cherylhoney wrote:
SunderlandFan wrote:I think we'll still have plenty of banter between those staying and some new people. I'll do my best to abuse Cheryl in Schlock's absence. I think it's a bit of a myth that we can't have good banter without certain people although if anyone feels like they can't enter out of solidarity to Schlock and the others then that's fair enough, albeit a huge shame.
:lol: :lol:
Ironically if Schlock et al were still here this thread would fill up with about 100 posts about us being a couple of hairy lezzers when obviously we're not.

We wax regularly :wink:

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

brogie wrote: I see schlocky has been singled out for something going on within the site and has been banned. I don't understand what this is in relation to, though i would like to point out on my behalf that he along with viddle they have been the focal point of the popularity in the afl footy game on the fiso site. Schlocky has even went as far as sending out league prizes from australia to ireland to both sligorover and myself, at his own cost. Such generosity is most appreciated and i am disappointed to see that he has been removed from participating in this forum
Apparently there's a rumor going round that they deliberately got themselves banned because they didn't want to risk the humiliation of me beating them this season. Now I know what I'm doing I think it's pretty obvious that they are too scared to risk getting a placking from me this season. They need to HTFU

redmen82
FISOhead
FS Record: always last

Post by redmen82 »

i am really new to AFL so can people let me know what site to use etc

any information would be great as i dont want to finish last

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

redmen82 wrote:i am really new to AFL so can people let me know what site to use etc

Don't worry, Cherylhoney's taking part this year.

Good site for tips and info is Big Footy. I'll do a round up of all the relevant sites soon. I'm going out for a drink right now though :)

golden bear
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 9 Ball Champ, Incidental and murfs Knockout Cups Winner

Post by golden bear »

I looked at the AFL forum last season and someone put some very funny youtube vids on. When I was looking at these I found one from The Footy Show called Gary Lyon Stretcher. After watching it about ten times I could not for the life of me work out what was supposed to be funny about it.
Can anyone enlighten me?

dalythgoe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by dalythgoe »

redmen82 wrote:i am really new to AFL so can people let me know what site to use etc

Last seasons Dreamteam was:

http://afl.virtualsports.com.au/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The two main sites are Bigfooty and league

Bigfooty's more about talk with a few good threads being:
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=521948" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=514811" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Have a browse though as its full of info- although don't take anyones word too seriously as they were talking up a fair few duds last year,

The league site is good as it shows all the players past and present Dreamteam and Supercoach scores i.e.
Dean Cox
If you register (which is free and quick to do) you can make your team on there when the Dreamteam game gets underway. At the moment you can use the Fanplanner feature which allows you to build your team now- the prices and positions should be similar towhen the game starts in February.

tedbull
Dumbledore

Post by tedbull »

golden bear wrote:I looked at the AFL forum last season and someone put some very funny youtube vids on. When I was looking at these I found one from The Footy Show called Gary Lyon Stretcher. After watching it about ten times I could not for the life of me work out what was supposed to be funny about it.
Can anyone enlighten me?
He hosts 'The Footy Show' over here so his co-hosts like to show the footage of him squealing in pain due to a broken leg. They show it most weeks.

golden bear
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 9 Ball Champ, Incidental and murfs Knockout Cups Winner

Post by golden bear »

tedbull wrote:
golden bear wrote:I looked at the AFL forum last season and someone put some very funny youtube vids on. When I was looking at these I found one from The Footy Show called Gary Lyon Stretcher. After watching it about ten times I could not for the life of me work out what was supposed to be funny about it.
Can anyone enlighten me?
He hosts 'The Footy Show' over here so his co-hosts like to show the footage of him squealing in pain due to a broken leg. They show it most weeks.
Sounds like a right laugh :?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Australian Rules Football”