To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

PDC Darts Final Taylor v Barney

A forum for fans of Fantasy Darts
jonnyg
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: FISO BLACKJACK CHAMPION 09

PDC Darts Final Taylor v Barney

Post by jonnyg »

Who will win this cracker tonight? I like the 11\2 on offer for a 7-3 victory to Taylor. Please send me your opinions

unhappyhoppy
DumbleSaint
FS Record: TFF 10/11 3rd. Now sorting out Happyhoppy's mess.

Re: PDC Darts Final Taylor v Barney

Post by unhappyhoppy »

Should be great. Taylor seems to be a bit short on the doubles but he is the No 1 and has been rarely challenged so far, but you can't help thinking that Barneys name is on it after so nearly going out v Baxter and he has done the 9 darter !

jonnyg
Red & Blue Braces

Post by jonnyg »

I so agree the heart says Taylor but with Barney you just dont know both awesome players.enjoy the final tonight

Lister
Grumpy Old Baggie
FS Record: Won a few golf things a long time ago!!

Post by Lister »

Taylor I think is 7/1 for a 9 darter, I would not be suprized to see another one tonight.

jonnyg
Red & Blue Braces

Post by jonnyg »

I ve seen 4-1 that either of them doing it!7-1 for Taylor is very tempting

AKNel1
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: pretty dire with occasional moments of genius

Post by AKNel1 »

On form, Taylor is scoring better but Barney is hitting the doubles - which is a great equaliser. You get the feeling that Taylor can raise his game whilst Barney is playing right at his peak. On the other hand, Barney has the bottle in the close ones, Taylor has not been pushed or tested at any stage. If it gets to 5-5, I'd fancy Barney to come out on top.

For me, hitting the doubles will be crucial for Taylor if he does that he wins. Like most head says Taylor, heart (and more importantly, pocket) says Barney.

Taylor 7-4

thespecialone
FISO Knight

Post by thespecialone »

all one sided in the end

unhappyhoppy
DumbleSaint

Post by unhappyhoppy »

awesome display by taylor, the undisputed champion, Barney wilted under the pressure of having to make those all important doubles. When he went 3-1 down instead of drawing level at 2-2 the writing was on the wall.

on a separate note can someone explain the background as to why there are 2 world championships going on ? I know there was a breakaway some time ago but how does that all work, how do you get to join the proper one ?

CanaryYellow
FISO Knight

Post by CanaryYellow »

Some of the top players wanted the bbc/itv to show more events (thus attracting more sponsorship and increased prize money) and felt the BDO werent doing enough to attract new sponsors.

Sky sports offered them a far enhanced deal televising lots more tourneys and helping clean up darts image so basically every top player signed up (altho a few defected back). The system of swapping organisations is a bit complex - you are not supposed to be able to swap willy nilly if you are a top ranked player but Barney and Klaasen both did anyway which i dont really understand.

Most competetions are "reserved" for players from one organisation and i am sure theres some sort of world champs clause in both which prevents players swapping which is why people dont swap back and forth constantly.

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

If you listen to the dross served up by Tony Neanderthal Green and look at the general standard of play in alot of the games it makes you never want to tune in again to anything the BBC televise in the future dartwise.

As for the atmosphere dont even go there.

They were waxing lyrical last night because 3 games contained 3 140's. Perhaps if you turned over to Sky you would of seen 7 180's hit in 4 legs or was it 3....

I dont think you will ever see darts taken to a higher standard than where Taylor is currently perched.

And even with a few decent players in the BDO still they will not have a game with a 3 figure average in the whole of their tourny imo.

unhappyhoppy
DumbleSaint

Post by unhappyhoppy »

Yep he got the all time scoring record, which they later confirmed to be over 110, that will take some beating !

I love watching Taylor he talks a good game too and then delivers.

CanaryYellow
FISO Knight

Post by CanaryYellow »

Dunno why he does prematch interviews. May as well just wheel out any old one he has ever done.

"Yeah, he is a terrific/great player. He never gives up. I am going to have to play well to beat him because it wont be easy" :roll:

The Jezster
Dumbledore

Post by The Jezster »

unhappyhoppy wrote:Yep he got the all time scoring record, which they later confirmed to be over 110, that will take some beating !

I love watching Taylor he talks a good game too and then delivers.
Thats actually the all time FINAL record. His match top match average is higher than that. He's hit 112 a couple of times and 111. I think he may have topped 115 too

Groomyd
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Groomyd »

Lots of players have scored over 110 in matches but of course the format may be first to 2 sets which is not as impressive as doing it over best of 13!

The Jezster
Dumbledore

Post by The Jezster »

Groomyd wrote:Lots of players have scored over 110 in matches but of course the format may be first to 2 sets which is not as impressive as doing it over best of 13!
I think this may be a slight exaggeration. I cant see lots of players having scored over 110. Maybe 100 but not 110. Not many infact can even reach 100, its that much of a milestone

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Darts”