To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Guardian Football Quiz

FISO's forum community quiz competitions including Caption challenges
stuboy
Dumbledore

Guardian Football Quiz

Post by stuboy »

If you have already done this quiz, then please ignore but just put your answers below = eg 1a, 2c, 3b etc and I'll announce the winner in 24 hours time (or so). Please don't check the website, well until you've finished sending in your answers :wink:

1. Which manager joked about his team that “the only way we will be going to Europe is if the club splash out and take us all to EuroDisney”?

a)Dean Holdsworth
b)Ian Holloway
c)Dennis Wise
d)Paul Fairclough

2. Which ex-England manager said: “I'm not sure Michael Owen is a natural born goalscorer”?

a) Kevin Keegan
b) Bobby Robson
c) Glenn Hoddle
d) Sven-Goran Eriksson

3. Which legend made a gaffe when he said: “Playing with wingers is more effective against European sides like Brazil than English sides like Wales”?

a)Sepp Blatter
b)Ron Greenwood
c)Martin Tyler
d)Alan Shearer

4. Which commentator got his words confused when he said: “The game is evenly balanced in Arsenal's favour”?

a) Clive Tyldsley
b) Alan Parry
c) John Motson
d) Barry Davies

5. Which ex-Liverpool player said of his time playing abroad: “I couldn't settle in Italy – it was like living in a foreign country”?

a) Steve McManaman
b) Ian Rush
c) Robbie Fowler
d) Alan Hansen

6. Which goalkeeper said he felt “very disappointed with the way it's been reported” after a blunder?

a) David Seaman
b) Paul Robinson
c) Peter Shilton
d) Rob Green

7. Which ex-Dutch international embarrassed ITV bosses when he used his time on TV to advertise a street soccer tour?

a) Dennis Bergkamp
b) Edgar Davids
c) Patrick Kluivert
d) Pierre Van Hooijdonk

8. Which ex-Aston Villa player said: “I'd like to play for an Italian club, like Barcelona”?

a) Joe Rutheford
b) Stan Collymore
c) Mark Draper
d) Steve Staunton

9. Which Premier League manager told the press that his side, which had finished in the top five for the past three seasons, were a mid-table team when he took over?

a) Roberto Mancini
b) Gérard Houllier
c) Roy Hodgson
d) Harry Redknapp

10. Which ex-footballer turned pundit said: “There's going to be four or five teams battling for the top six spots”?

a) Gary Lineker
b) David Ginola
c) Chris Waddle
d) Gareth Southgate

League table
Sportsmeister 6
richt 4
Surprised 3
blah 2
murf 1
Last edited by stuboy on 14 Jan 2011, 20:49, edited 2 times in total.

Richt
FISO Knight
FS Record: Averagely consistant.

Re: Guardian Football Quiz

Post by Richt »

Many of these are guesses. I know that I definitely have 1 right.

1c
2a
3b
4c
5b
6c
7c
8d
9b
10a

stuboy
Dumbledore

Post by stuboy »

Richt wrote:Many of these are guesses. I know that I definitely have 1 right.

1c
2a
3b
4c
5b
6c
7c
8d
9b
10a
4 out of 10 for Richt

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

1. Which manager joked about his team that “the only way we will be going to Europe is if the club splash out and take us all to EuroDisney”?
b)Ian Holloway

2. Which ex-England manager said: “I'm not sure Michael Owen is a natural born goalscorer”?
c) Glenn Hoddle

3. Which legend made a gaffe when he said: “Playing with wingers is more effective against European sides like Brazil than English sides like Wales”?
a)Sepp Blatter

4. Which commentator got his words confused when he said: “The game is evenly balanced in Arsenal's favour”?
a) Clive Tyldsley

5. Which ex-Liverpool player said of his time playing abroad: “I couldn't settle in Italy – it was like living in a foreign country”?
b) Ian Rush

6. Which goalkeeper said he felt “very disappointed with the way it's been reported” after a blunder?
a) David Seaman

7. Which ex-Dutch international embarrassed ITV bosses when he used his time on TV to advertise a street soccer tour?
d) Pierre Van Hooijdonk

8. Which ex-Aston Villa player said: “I'd like to play for an Italian club, like Barcelona”?
b) Stan Collymore

9. Which Premier League manager told the press that his side, which had finished in the top five for the past three seasons, were a mid-table team when he took over?
c) Roy Hodgson

10. Which ex-footballer turned pundit said: “There's going to be four or five teams battling for the top six spots”?
a) Gary Lineker

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

5b
Rest would be guesses

stuboy
Dumbledore

Post by stuboy »

blahblah wrote:1. Which manager joked about his team that “the only way we will be going to Europe is if the club splash out and take us all to EuroDisney”?
b)Ian Holloway

c) Glenn Hoddle

a)Sepp Blatter

a) Clive Tyldsley

b) Ian Rush

a) David Seaman

d) Pierre Van Hooijdonk

b) Stan Collymore

c) Roy Hodgson

a) Gary Lineker
Just 2/10 for blah

stuboy
Dumbledore

Post by stuboy »

murf wrote:5b
Rest would be guesses
You got the one that was quoted just the other day..... :lol:

Congrats, 1/10 :wink:

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

stuboy wrote:
murf wrote:5b
Rest would be guesses
You got the one that was quoted just the other day..... :lol:

Congrats, 1/10 :wink:
I thought you would have got 2, as well - the only other that I knew :?

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: TFFOSM MotW in 2008 and MotM in 2003. 78th overall in TFFO for 2002/3 and 2003/4

Post by Surprised »

1c
2a
3d
4c
5b
6a
7c
8b
9d
10c

sportsmeister
FISO 2006 Golf Champion

Post by sportsmeister »

1 b
2 d
3 d
4 a
5 b
6 b
7 b
8 c
9 b
10 c

stuboy
Dumbledore

Post by stuboy »

3 for surprised
6 for sportsmeister

countbasie
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Group Stage Winner OFL EURO 2008. Top 1500 TFF 08/09 4th Week 3 TFC 2010. Winner Div 10 TFF 09/10 219TH Overall 09/10 TFF August winner of works FPL 2012/13. Won works Premier League on last kick of ball of 13/14 season in a league of 45.

Post by countbasie »

1B
2C
3B
4A
5B
6A
7B
8C
9B
10C