To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

*** FISO Five-A-Side Association Rules ***

A Forum for all Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Links, Mini-Leagues and Side Games (i.e. inter-FISO competitions run by FISO users)
RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

**##**~~FISO 5AS Head2Head 2015/16~~**##**

Post by RomynPG »

snakzz wrote:Would it be against the rules to get my brother to start to play ahead of next season, and take him in? (Its his first season and he was supposed to wait until next to begin).

Or would you need an old team that have been active since gw 1 and an fiso member?
If he's a FISO member with a score less than xxxx etc then I personally don't see an issue - however I'm not completely sure. Anyone see a problem with this if another recruit can't be found?

Moist von Lipwig
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL Spring 16 Winner 2010-11. Murfs F1 Predictions 2012 Winner. Pick Quick 2012-13 Winner. SP4s Predictions League A & Champions League

Re: **##**~~FISO 5AS Head2Head 2015/16~~**##**

Post by Moist von Lipwig »

RomynPG wrote:
snakzz wrote:Would it be against the rules to get my brother to start to play ahead of next season, and take him in? (Its his first season and he was supposed to wait until next to begin).

Or would you need an old team that have been active since gw 1 and an fiso member?
If he's a FISO member with a score less than xxxx etc then I personally don't see an issue - however I'm not completely sure. Anyone see a problem with this if another recruit can't be found?
No, I don't think there'd be a problem in that - it technically meets the rules. There are currently 2 brothers in different teams in this years 5AS, one of whom started out a few years back as a FISOer (and is still a regular) in these same circumstances as a late replacement in a team that regularly needed late replacements...

The Dazzler
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 9th overall in FPL 2005/06, 50th 2010/11, 288th 2014/15

Post by The Dazzler »

RomynPG wrote:

So the manager is not currently a member of Fiso and doesn't even currently have a team? They are going to start playing the FPL game this week just to join this 5AS team for the last 6 weeks of the season?
If a player starts this week, he effectively gets a wildcard now and will still have a wildcard to play. As well as having all his other chips. The team he would be replacing has already used his Triple Captain. Overall finish is irrelevant so it could effectively take a wildcard every week and ignore any points hits. They could play exclusively for the benefit of the 5AS team.
It's an advantage, for sure.
If a situation arises where a team needs a replacement outside of the transfer windows, the rule is that they can't have a higher score than the team they are replacing. Why is that? Presumably because you shouldn't gain an advantage from doing so.
I'm pretty confident that if I needed to get a replacement from Fiso for my team, I could get a replacement from Fiso. Mose got a large list of players that fit the criteria. Were every one of those players contacted? This player that needs to be replaced has been barely active all season, long before the January window. Why weren't they replaced in that window?

I'm not saying this because I want the Aristocrats to have a chance of winning the league, as we don't have much hope of that. But I'd be pretty annoyed if I was the 2nd place Assassins who do have a real chance and I just think it's a bad precedent. You're creating a team just to play 6 weeks of 5AS. That gives a team an unfair advantage imo.

I'd say, "no way", but it's up to you Romyn :D

P.s. FA Cup ties this weekend chaps!
viewtopic.php?f=82&t=120474

V1.0
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Triple FISO 5AS Champions

Post by V1.0 »

It pains me to say that that I have sympathy with Dazzler's arguments but I think he has a point, especially in respect of the new player having a full set of chips including a TC that the incumbent has already played. If the Aristocrats had used a similar tactic to beat the Pandas at the death last season I'd have been well hacked off!

Ardrageen
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Retired from FPL. Used to be ok at it. 120th FPL. 1st FFS HOF.

Post by Ardrageen »

The Dazzler wrote:
RomynPG wrote:
snakzz wrote:I just think it's a bad precedent. You're creating a team just to play 6 weeks of 5AS. That gives a team an unfair advantage imo.
Totally agree with The Dazzler and V1.0.

I think it should be easy to find a FISO member to join a team with a little bit of effort and scouting. At the moment the team is suffering slightly and rightly so in my opinion because it appears they haven't put in a small bit of effort. I think the brother option is just the lazy option( but a very clever one) and gives a team a huge advantage. And if this was accepted I think there would be nothing stopping someone entering a brother, granny etc to give their flagging 5AS team a boost whenever they wanted.

That's just my opinion, if RomynPg thinks its all above board then I will accept that.

Neath boy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Egg Cup Premier league champions 2011-12 and 2012-13. Fiso H2H PremierLeague champion 2015/16. FISO Super League regular season champion 2016-17.

Post by Neath boy »

I also agree with the Dazzler. We are struggling with an inactive player too and actively looking for a replacement but none have yet come forward.

Spencer4
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: 2008/9 FPL 172nd, 2007/8 TFF 6th, Vid's Predictions winner 2014/5, Fiso TFF Hot shots champ 2015/6, murfs Egg chasers winner 2017 & 2024, winner PB's last man standing golf comp 2018, 2024 Fisodas champion

Post by Spencer4 »

This was never being seriously considered, though I suppose there's no harm the issue being discussed. As Bad Boys captain I've already said no to the idea.

snakzz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by snakzz »

Looks like I should try to contact the players on the list myself, I just hate loosing and playing with handicaps to much :D

tenpinterry
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL 214th (15/16), 734rd (13/14), 650th (08/09), 507th (07/08) & 132nd (06/07)
Mail - 47th (11/12)
Telegraph - 98th (14/15)

Post by tenpinterry »

RomynPG runs the game so it should be his decision. Let him take on board the various comments and make a final decision.

Just goes to show you, no matter how much effort you expend on setting up rules they will always be open to different interpretations.

PS I'm not playing my wildcard this week so my losses over the next two weeks will cancel out Bad Boys 5th player :)

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

The Dazzler wrote: Mose got a large list of players that fit the criteria.
to be fair I posted a list of 12 players who met the OP criterion at the time,

and a long list of players who I knew had their FPL button, but didn't keep track of their OP,
so they needed to be individually checked via their FPL button whether they met the OP criterion (which could turn out to be very few actually)

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

and I'd also like to add my personal PoV on the issue, as others did

I'll keep it short: :mrgreen:

by common sense, I agree that a newly formed team "could be" exploited to give an unfair advantage to the club

on the "legal" side tho, it woud worry me more, and set imho a worse precedent, that missing rules are made up underway

if I were to decide, I'd say:
- here's a request abiding by the current rules
- it "might" exploit a loophole in the rules to gain an unfair advantage
- but it's legal under the current rules :arrow: we have to accept it
- and then fix the hole in the rules for next season

but of course I'm not to decide, so that's luckily just my opinion :mrgreen:
then we might expound HOW to fix the rules, but that's a tricky issue, and I promised to be short :wink:

RomynPG
Dumbledore

Post by RomynPG »

A long long time ago in a galaxy far away....

... 5AS rules were posted in 2007 by Wyld and schemeing/nupptying/backhandedness was encouraged and bending the rules to your advantage was not uncommon ... it's not the same now - just one transfer the whole season so far - so it is what it is.

However as Sp4 has already ruled out bringing in a ringer we don't need to sort this now.

... but the transfer rule does need some editing I think to make it easier to find active FISOers to fill places. I say active as it would be preferrable to have names we at least recognise and those posters tend not to points totals low enough to fill in at the very bottom of teams rosta at this point in the season.

I have some thoughts for amended rules and would like to keep some possible "ringerness" about it.

Would it be possible for a MOD to move the last part of this thread (starting with Le Reds post on the previous page maybe) to the FISO Five-A-Side Association Rules thread and the discussion can carry on there? - it's seems a more suitable location ...ta

stripes1973
Grumpy Old Man

Post by stripes1973 »

This might put the cat amongst the pigeons or even the bad boys amongst the good boys but the way I see it is, we've had a good season, top of the league & all of this with the same team from the beginning, so if we win or lose with that same team so be it. Some say it is given us an advantage by getting another player in, then other teams could have an advantage over us by having an extra player each week, 1-0 down before we start. But whichever way this goes I will accept it, hey this is my best season in a 5AS team so I win either way. But to my other team mates don't forget........

Bad boys, bad boys whatcha gonna do whatcha gonna do when they come for you. :D

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

stripes1973 wrote:Some say it is given us an advantage by getting another player in,
then other teams could have an advantage over us by having an extra player each week, 1-0 down before we start.
to be fair, what other posters said, and I concur,
it wasn't that you'd get an advantage by getting another player in (that's allowed by the rules)

it was that if the new member is a team registering now in GW33, then of course it would not care for overall ranking,
then it could make any number of transfers EVERY gameweek, as this games does not deduct transfer hits from the score,
and THIS would be the unfair advantage over a "normal" replacement team
(which supposedly would refrain from taking hits, regardless the 5AS advantage, as it would damage its overall final score and ranking in FPL)

re: the advantage you give other teams by having one less member each week, well, that's the whole point of the discussion,
there are rules allowing you to replace the missing member, you should have gone for it a while ago, it was up to you to find it
the problem was not with you getting a replacement, but with the "special" replacement which was proposed, i.e. a new team and not a team existing from the start
Last edited by MoSe on 08 Apr 2016, 19:47, edited 2 times in total.

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

do'h double post :oops:

stripes1973
Grumpy Old Man

Post by stripes1973 »

Like I said in the post, it's a win win situation for me cos it's the best season I've had in a 5AS team, anyway what difference does it make winning 5-0 or 4-1 haha :D

DrBunker
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISODAS season 21 Premiership champion

Re: *** FISO Five-A-Side Association Rules ***

Post by DrBunker »

The 20 posts above were moved from the 2015/6 discussion thread to be continued in here.

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

hhmmm... great thanks, but.... did you forget to unlock it thereafter? or is there something else pending? :?

DrBunker
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISODAS season 21 Premiership champion

Post by DrBunker »

It's unlocked now. Apologies.

RomynPG
Dumbledore

Post by RomynPG »

RomynPG wrote: 15 Aug 2013, 16:59 (* H2H allows any transfers in the window and outside that period the transfer of squads provided the incoming squad sits no higher than the out-going within their league. This hasn't been added to the main rules - it should be really - but H2H does this anyway as without it some teams find they just can't replace inactive squads)

bumping this ... and it's time to make this an official rule - or confirm that this is our understanding.

Above I said it was a unofficial rule in H2H but even I had it in my mind that we used the old rule ... ?

Old rule - official 5AS - (outside of the transfer window) a replacement must have <= overall points than the team they are replacing.

New rule - unofficial H2H -(outside of the transfer window) a replacement must sit no higher in the 5AS league than the team they are replacing.

Those in favour say Aye :P

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Hmm, but our 4th placed team are shite :lol: :lol: :lol:

RomynPG
Dumbledore

Post by RomynPG »

blahblah wrote: 17 Mar 2018, 20:28 Hmm, but our 4th placed team are shite :lol: :lol: :lol:
which makes our 5th place team... :(

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

RomynPG wrote: 17 Mar 2018, 20:34
blahblah wrote: 17 Mar 2018, 20:28 Hmm, but our 4th placed team are shite :lol: :lol: :lol:
which makes our 5th place team... :(
Erm, erm brilliant?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

And you asked the numpty (well OK, better than us 2 :lol: ) when he wasn't as good as the one you are looking to hook?

RomynPG
Dumbledore

Post by RomynPG »

I was a bit confused before ... but know I'm certain I'm reading what you're writing differently than how you meant it :? :P

... anyway we're all brilliant in the Incredibles - whether active or in retirement :)

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I don't think that the odd few points is relevant as opposed to dumping Managers for those really high up in ranking etc.....

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Tbh: if an H2H manager can show no reply to a PM on FISO after a certain time, then said manger can be hooked....

(I am talking months, not days...)

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

For people curious about this exchange: this is an offshoot from a Wyld Comp with very specific rules which I obviously never read, as I don't read them :lol:

RomynPG
Dumbledore

Post by RomynPG »

blahblah wrote: 17 Mar 2018, 21:00 Tbh: if an H2H manager can show no reply to a PM on FISO after a certain time, then said manger can be hooked....

A captain can hook a team member any time they wish - PMs or no PMs :mrgreen:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Yes, you are on the rules rather than the spirit of them?

And seeing as we are in the same team: just do it and wait for the flak :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My point re time etc was that it is supposed to be FISO based, as opposed to mangers who just refreshed past Private Leagues.... a handful of points really shouldn't matter....

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Links, Mini-Leagues & Side Games”