To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

►►FISO Divisional Championships 2018/19 - Season 14 Registration - SEASON OVER (check the date, LOL)

A Forum for all Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Links, Mini-Leagues and Side Games (i.e. inter-FISO competitions run by FISO users)
MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

►►FISO DIVISIONALS 2018/19 - Season 14 Qualification & NEW DIVISIONS

Post by MoSe »

repost quoting from previous page, for readability
MoSe wrote: 28 Aug 2018, 08:03 REGISTRATION CLOSING

last season teams who didn't register yet, have lost their chance to reclaim their place in the division they had earned

130 players regsitered, the PERFECT number for divisions sizing, by my preferences

however, up to 4 berths are still available for any player, either new or returning,
to start Round 1 in the BOTTOM Division (regardless their old Division, and regardless their Qualification score)

you can continue registering here all season, to enter the game from the bottom at next available Round

_____

Qualification summary and new season divisions coming up soon, today or at latest tomorrow

with 130 players, Divisions size is the following

20 22 | 24 24 | 24 16

tiers have been indeed reduced to 6, from 7 there were last season

6th tier is now bottom tier, with no relegations thus smaller in size than other divisions
as such it "retains" the name of Sunday League (a tradition started by phantomscythe in 2013/14 IIRC)
what was National League last season has de facto been "suppressed", you pass from tier 5 Conference to bottom tier 6 Sunday League

as usual, there are 5 Promotions/Relegations between Divisions, except just 4 P/R between PL and Championship
(highlighted by the dotted lines in the following sheet)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... eibTtaLhIQ

inside a division, teams are sorted by Q-Score
one could argue that current preseason score alone is more indicative of the potential of a team for next 5 GWs,
but Q-score is the stat of election in Qualification, and it's also the 4th tiebreaker in-season

check the tabs at the bottom
following tabs to the right contain furtherly increasing details

the "Upgrades" one has teams still sorted by division of origin first (always inside a Division)
it should better show how Division "upgrades" (moving up) were determined using the Q-score, to fill vacancies

Stemania, who also had the best Pre-Season, earned the only PL berth left vacant
Multiple Scorgasms, topcat24 & Smurphy's Paw were "guaranteed" a PL place from last season (GTD), and could NOT lose it thru qualification (they could lose it only in case PL had to decrease in size)
so they kept it, despite hiragii, jobmeister & Geoffv had a better Q-score
similarly The Catman kept his guaranteed Championship berth, despite RomynPG (and other 4) having a better Q-score

with 7 vacancies in L.One and 10 in L.Two (plus the 3 rippling down from the upper divisions) there are much more upgraded teams there
Hödi is the only one to make the double jump from Conference to League One, thanks to a top Pre-Season he made up over 40p HeadStart behind ctibbits, and then some
enhanced by the ripple-effect, there are 4 teams moving up 2 tiers from former 6th (Nat) to League Two
in practice, all former Conference teams other than Hödi were moved up 1 notch to League Two, and all former Nat ones got up 1 or 2 levels

with only 105 returning teams, and 114 slots to fill in top 5 tiers, there were inevitably 9 New Players who had to be called to "Leap" bottom entry level, to start directly in Conference
On top of that, 5 more New Players (from CertiF down) actually "muscled" their way up into Conference, by outscoring 5 former Sunday League teams in qualification
For them there was no "protection", it makes indeed no sense being "guaranteed" the bottom tier, as there is no lower tier they could have been allocated in ;)
Those 5 managed nevertheless to end up 1 tier higher, as there's no 7th tier this season ;) one less rung to climb in their quest to reach PL -- 5 climbs in 7 rounds, it's been done before! :o

mandoncare is the first new team "left out" of Conference, by 1.6 Q-score behind HHS (in practice, 2p in this preseason 3 GWs)
similarly primitive man, who was only guaranteed tier 6, which had tho become bottom tier, managed to clutch at his upgraded Conference berth by mere 2.5p

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Re: ►►FISO Divisional Championships 2018/19 - Season 14 REGISTRATION (almost) CLOSED

Post by blahblah »

Awesome shit, Mose - I'm happy not understanding it, and rock on for the new season.

I'm after a debut in the Prem this season :? :? :? :?

MoSe
Dumbledore

Re: ►►FISO Divisional Championships 2018/19 - Season 14 REGISTRATION (almost) CLOSED

Post by MoSe »

TEST
Season 14 NEW Divisions
sorted by PreSeason score only (until the season starts of course, I'll be using this same file)
https://tinyurl.com/y8yk2v49

primitive man
Grumpy Old Man

Re: ►►FISO DIVISIONALS 2018/19 - Season 14 Qualification & NEW DIVISIONS

Post by primitive man »

MoSe wrote: 28 Aug 2018, 11:52 primitive man, who was only guaranteed tier 6, which had tho become bottom tier, managed to clutch at his upgraded Conference berth by mere 2.5p
Gettin! If there is one thing I am good at - it is clutching!

MoSe
Dumbledore

Re: ►►FISO Divisional Championships 2018/19 - Season 14 Registration always Open

Post by MoSe »

ROUND 1 REGISTRATION CLOSED

REGISTRATION IS ALWAYS OPEN to enter the game in the FOLLOWING ROUND from the Bottom Division
Round 2 will start on GW9 (register before Friday 19 Oct at noon UK time)
following Rounds will start on GW14 19 24 29 34

Fuzzy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: meh

Re: ►►FISO Divisional Championships 2018/19 - Season 14 Registration always Open

Post by Fuzzy »

Yikes!

I don't want to try to understand it - MoSe is amazing, and I wouldn't doubt him for a second - but I got an upgrade to the Championship, woohoo!

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Fantastic as usual MoSe. :D

Glad to have fluked an PL reprieve after such an abject showing at the end of last year...

Chinese Whisperer
Treebeard

Post by Chinese Whisperer »

I would like to be added to this competition when a place becomes available. Thank you.

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/ent ... 31/history

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

Kris_fiso wrote: 31 Aug 2018, 03:57Is it too late to join
you might want to read 5 posts above yours (or in the OP)
MoSe wrote: 29 Aug 2018, 07:35 ROUND 1 REGISTRATION CLOSED

REGISTRATION IS ALWAYS OPEN to enter the game in the FOLLOWING ROUND from the Bottom Division
Round 2 will start on GW9 (register before Friday 19 Oct at noon UK time)
following Rounds will start on GW14 19 24 29 34
yes, it's late for Round 1

I'll welcome you 3 latecomers in Sunday League for Round 2
(and whoever else posts here before the abovequoted date)
___

whilst CW Fiso participation has been "spotty" in last 4 seasons, and he might be a bit "rusty", you two bros are forum veterans, and should know how things work ;)

this topic had been up with the registration window open for 3 weeks, and you both had actively posted in the forum in that while
owenclass even got a PM reminder, as he had played last season

anyway,
owenclass got relegated last season to Sunday League in the end
Kris_Fiso played in Season 11 (15/16, relegated to Conference after last round) but then left the game for two seasons
you'd have both had to start from Sunday League in any case, so you didn't lose ground, you'll just have to skip first round :)

Multiple Scorgasms
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Multiple Scorgasms »

I did enter right?

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

Multiple Scorgasms wrote: 05 Sep 2018, 10:35 I did enter right?
yes, you can say it because you posted in this topic earlier :P (on Aug 21st, page 4)

you can also check the ► ONLINE RESULTS ◄ link in the sidegame topic proper viewtopic.php?f=82&t=128813 (2nd post)
after 1st GW, you're 4th in PL

Stu255
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stu255 »

Is it too late to enter this?

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

Stu255 wrote: 03 Nov 2019, 01:27 Is it too late to enter this?
All good, You are in :)

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Links, Mini-Leagues & Side Games”