To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

► WHO PLAYS WHAT 17/18

A Forum for all Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Links, Mini-Leagues and Side Games (i.e. inter-FISO competitions run by FISO users)
MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

► WHO PLAYS WHAT 17/18

Post by MoSe »

a little later than last season viewtopic.php?f=82&t=122570
I had it dormant, and only got around to polish it now

useful resource to myself in the first place, and to anyone who wants to lookup which Fiso Member is playing which sidegame,
and conversely to lookup whether the owner of a team you find in a League standings, has a known Fiso username

This is a List of all Fiso Usernames whose FPL 2017/18 Team ID is known (to me)

I compiled this WPW18 List by
  • collating all the team info posted for the entrants to the main SideGames in this subforum
  • collecting the IDs from posters' FPL Buttons, browsing the main topics in FPL Main and its subforums
  • in a few cases, tracking a poster's team by following his team rank and info he posted
  • FPL Manager Name changes are rare, so barring omonimies all those who got in this season forum League by simply renewing it, were kept track of their identities by matching their username to manager name (also cross-checking their last season final OP & OR) even if there's no trace of them in the forum this season
FISO WHO PLAYS WHAT 2017/18
(as always, I religiously tried to respect the capitalisation of your usernames as you registered them in Fiso. Please forgive any mistyping)

for 5AS the game League is reported
for FISO H2H and Mirror the starting Divison, which won't change all season
for FISO Cup the placement (from QF up) or the starting Zone (SL, Open, Double)
for Spring League the League (SUPER, Streamed A / B / C)
Divisionals' divisions change every 5 gw, current Round ones are reported. Won't commit to update them here for rounds 6 & 7

I don't consider STC and Veterans as Side Games, they're just Private Leagues with no format change from the Overall League
Just a subset of the Forum League if youy want. Of course that's what work/friends Leagues are for.
Just not a sidegame, so theyr'e not counted as such.

In medium grey those who only play FFL (Fiso Forum League) but no sidegame
In deeper grey those who play neither, but their team ID was tracked anyway

• 453 Fiso Members are listed (and 454 teams... :roll: )
    370 thereof are in the FFL*, 83 are not
       *this entails 811 of the currently 1181 Forum League teams (68.7%) have unknown owners :?

of the 370 known members in the FFL,
       211 also play at least one Side Game (hayesag and Spinynorman the only ones to play all 8 listed here)
       159 play none (FFL only, not counting STC/Vets)

of the 83 known members NOT in the FFL
       67 play tho at least one Side Game
       16 play nothing
the "NO FFL GW24" tab shows the current FPL OP and OR for the 83 Members not in the Forum League
   this season Forum League standings are stored atop my RMT page 6 viewtopic.php?f=99&t=115292&start=150
   (yet to be updated with the lates results, I've no commitment to update it regularly)
this one is useful to integrate the Forum League standings with the performances of other Fisoers not in it
   there are currently 4 Fisoers in the Top 1k who don't contribute tho their performances to the prestige and quality of our Forum League
   Jay P, Fergi222, 10Hughes, jonwebb76
   6 more in the Top 10k, and further 7 in the Top 20k :-/

THE LIST IS OF COURSE NOT EXHAUSTIVE, it's just what I could find out, only investigating to some extent.
- a few usernames could have got squeezed from the FPL/SKY combo game, but mad dog didn't post a detailed teams list
- there are a few unknowns in STC, wonder maybe BFM has the infos
- I was far less dedicated in browsing the forums this season, than last one

any contribution to extend this list is welcome,
either by disclosing info about your own team,
or by pointing out infos about someone else's team that you know is already public in the forums, that I have overlooked
___

EDIT: just noticed Highlander12 has recently added his FPL Button.
Added to the file, figures above not updated (he plays nothing Fiso-branded)
RE-EDIT: NO, his team is the same which was listed belonging to Arsenal4EvERr...
no fiso Account name change either: A4 account still existing, but stopped posting in October. Two days later the H12 Fiso account was created.
It's such things making this endeavour difficult....
___

EDIT: found in the GW25 Captains that finkelele has added his FPL button (or I failed to spot it in his previous posts)
this time it should all be OK :)
1 more playing FFL (and no side)
___

EDIT: and SirMattBugsby
455 Members with their team: 371 in FFL, 84 not

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Re: ► WHO PLAYS WHAT 17/18

Post by Tacalabala »

:thumbsup: Good job! I think that really is as far as we can go with working out just who is in our league. I do think that next season we will have to think about starting a new FISO and giving out the code only after people have entered their details on a Google Form, seems nuts to have everyone and his dog pitching up.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Tacalabala wrote: 29 Jan 2018, 20:31 :thumbsup: Good job! I think that really is as far as we can go with working out just who is in our league. I do think that next season we will have to think about starting a new FISO and giving out the code only after people have entered their details on a Google Form, seems nuts to have everyone and his dog pitching up.
Handing out the code once people have provided some info does make sense.

Taca, you’re a star for stepping in with the FISO Cup from MoSe (who has also been a star doing it). My one headscratch, having repeatedly failed to qualify for your Spring League, is why unknowns get a decent shot at the expense of known contibutors to the Forum. Is it too late to suggest a tweak to favour those who get involved rather than those who don’t/lurk?

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

Beware to not mix the two Cups.
Fiso Cup
Fiso League Cup

Taca revived the Fiso Cup 3 seasons ago.
Reserved to members (thus KNOWN owners only) who register.
3 Berths at least to qualify to SL
Complex WC format, with groups and quali+finals.
Runs in the 1st half of the season (gw1-19)

As we had a League and that Cup, I developed the idea to complete the treble with a League Cup.
It had tho to differentiate radically from the existing Cup, to avoid any kind of overlap.
It had to run in season 2nd half. It had to be a simple straight KO till the final.
Being a LEAGUE Cup, it had to keep a direct link to the League, as I explained in this season League Cup 2018 topic, now locked.
If Fiso Board/Admin liked to have unknown strangers in the Forum League to boost its numbers, I wasn't to question that, and felt compelled to follow that Board principle in being all-inclusive in League Cup, with no filter from the Forum League, not excluding teams with unknown owners.

I ran it two seasons, then this one had to give up.
Taca was quick to step in. He's not deputising. It's HIS competition now. Considering now he runs both the Cup and the League Cup, he's the best one to keep the two formats apart.
He promptly revamped the format, changing the spirit radically from my one. I think he showed clarity of mind, and he knows the deal when it comes to devising formats.

But some principles have to stick.
- whilst there's no room for any unknown in the Cup..
- ...there must be room instead for unknowns in the League Cup, because the Board likes/accepts unknowns in the League

Indeed Taca is not advocating not having unknowns in the League Cup: he's proposing to go back barring unknowns from the League itself in the first place, as it was a few years ago. Then automatically there wouldn't be any in the League Cup either.

It was Taca's original idea to have the two groups opposing each other in this season League Cup 1st round.
Going by the figures posted above in this topic we see that the current ratio in the Forum League is OVER 2 unkowns per each known owner.
By making that ratio 1:1 he actually already found a way to *protect* known owners from being swamped by unknowns, which might not be immediately evident.

Re: SL qualification, he chose to grant 1 berth from the League Cup as well.
But the clause (subject to meeting criteria) should reassure you that it can't favour unknowns in any way: indeed unknowns can't be eligible for SL :)

In case the LC winner turns out to be unknown, well, he/she'll have to step forward to play SL.

Indeed, the purpose of my LC was to stimulate incognito and lurking owners to come out and present themselves in the Forum, to claim their team honours.

I managed it for instance in 1st season, bringing simonl87 and SpartaBhoy, completing 2016 podium behind danzku, to come into the light and post.
I still hold it as one of my best Fiso moments.

Not slamming the doors to unknowns keeps us hoping to transform them into known owners.

Besides, simonl87 is having a great season again, He's currently 5th in the Forum League (Passed the Buck team). Without 2016 League Cup, we'd probably not know now whose team that was. (that said, he surely could be using some more posting now...)

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

I had forgot Dynamos!
they were last to declare
viewtopic.php?p=3095409#p3095409
and I must have taken on from a WPW file version prior to when their issue got sorted :o

updated file, and figures:
456 Members and their 457 teams in the list
   (1albert entered two different teams in two different sidegames, but he's not in FFL anyway)

371 members in the FFL, 85 not
281 members play at least one sidegame, 175 don't

213 play FFL AND some sidegames
158 play FFL but NO sidegame
  68 didn't join FFL but play some sidegames
  17 play nothing with Fiso-brand, but they made their FPL ID visible, or it got tracked
___
EDIT:
spotted silversurfer19 posting in TRK with the button
1 more "unknown" team tagged with its owner username, 19th in FFL (no sidegames)
file updated (also with NON-Leaguers GW25)
___

added davidoff and zomri from the Overall Rank topic
they're currently 1st and 3rd in all Fiso, yet they're not taking part in anything Fiso-branded :(
___
and wylesy from the transfers thread
___
davidoff and zomri joined the Forum League during the weekend :) and appear atop its GW26 standings,
as did team "Rusty Nail" (one of my favourite cocktails ;) ) currently in 29th
Whilst Brunauge left the League (boo :( he did the same last season too)
file updated
___

I tried a different approach, to tie loose ends.
I re-checked Fisoers whose team was known last season, but not this one.

this led to identify/tag 11 more username/teams :D

4 were already in the Forum League: Adelante, pipolinus, Stevieste31, Swish41 - name tags added
(they might have altered their Manager Name, but mostly was my initial match and research not being thorough)
luckily none would have qualified for the League Cup ;) so no skew on the quotas

7 are not in the FFL but had updated their FPL Button - I just hadn't stumbled in any of their posts when doing the research
jonnymac_ratm, Punty, SefSemillia, Shareef Babu, SuccessKid, TheGoatian, TOPCATDUSS
remarkably, Punty is the best ranked of all non-Leaguers, with 1636p and OR 204, he'd be 4th in the Forum League

For those remaining I lost track of their new season team, for various reasons...
they might have quit FPL, or quit Fiso (sometimes since over a year), or stopped posting and went into lurkerdom
or maybe they're still posting but didn't update their FPL Button, or dropped from the sidegames/leagues where I had got their team info from
Here's the list:
Bencrus, cakey, CarlosTheFinger, CupidStunt000, Dajiba, danderman1, DrBunker, epik, IceCreamFirm, Jolldo, Jukebox, Kotzata, maddocio, MartyBhoy7, Monsignor, Paul_Football, Pesh, Razorback, redcat1, reddevil 99, Redrum2, scarletjim, sunnO)))jihai, The Dazzler, TheBenchmark, tiredjoecole, Tye86, WHATEVER
_____

updated file, and figures:
471 Members in the list

377 members in the FFL, 94 not
281 members play at least one sidegame, 190 don't

213 play FFL AND some sidegames
164 play FFL but NO sidegame
  68 didn't join FFL but play some sidegames
  26 play nothing with Fiso-brand, but they made their FPL ID visible, or it got tracked
___
redcat1 kindly updated his FPL Button, as did epik.
And yeboah. And found aldo1's team from the info he posted in Overall Rank
and Budhabhoy. And ThingsCouldGetMessi

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

snakzz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by snakzz »

MoSe wrote: 02 May 2018, 09:30 bump for snakzz :)

Haha, thanks buddy :)

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

updated with over 180 usernames :o who were in the 2010/11 Forum League, and kept renewing their fpl leagues since
thanks to RomynPG for providing the list already in xls format :)

PS: the match was done by Manager Names, and there are 4 new cases of teams which have the same one :o (i.e. 8 teams, 4 couples)
it could be double teams, or omonimies, will investigate with the fisoers themselves if possible

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

test bump

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

Nice Fiso history and information Mose.

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

actually it was only a test to bump up an old thread, because suddenly I have problmes posting from PC as it keeps sending me back to login, especially in my RMT which hasn't been posted in since overe a year
This was from longer and it worked
damned site...

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

MoSe wrote: 19 Aug 2019, 10:27 actually it was only a test to bump up an old thread, because suddenly I have problmes posting from PC as it keeps sending me back to login, especially in my RMT which hasn't been posted in since overe a year
This was from longer and it worked
damned site...
That is the https bit at the front of the url. if that is omitted now the site has changed it logs me out to.

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

I was following the site navigation buttons, and those DID have https in it
you don't see the URL for Preview and Submit, that's why I tested it with this older file

Are you suggesting that they omitted the https from Preview and Submit in my RMT topic only, but not in other topics?
conspiracy!

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

anyway, once I bumped my RMT from mobile, it kept on working :)

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Links, Mini-Leagues & Side Games”