To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

FPL Six Nations - ENGLAND WIN (Spinynorman, Brightwater, TheBigLew.), Blah player of the championship

A Forum for all Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Links, Mini-Leagues and Side Games (i.e. inter-FISO competitions run by FISO users)
MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Re: FPL Six Nations - Smurphy's Irish take the early lead

Post by MoSe »

[I rearranged the text in the quote a bit]
Tacalabala wrote: 31 Dec 2017, 12:07 Playing positions for each FISOer within each team will be determined by FPL ranking following Gameweek 25
  • highest ranking :arrow: try scorer
  • intermediate :arrow: penalty taker
  • lowest :arrow: conversion taker
Positions will not change from this point.
interesting, so no 5AS-like system
We have no proof that sorting a team each week by ranking brings a stronger correlation on single GW scores, i.e. that the currently highest ranked have a higher chance to get a better GW score next....

Will this lead easier to conversion takers having to "waste" their skill because they scored better than their try scorer,
as the positions will not be reassigned with the members changing performances over the season?
Some leeway was indeed taken by paring Highest with Lowest after gw 25 in the two positions.
We'll see... in game first GW there was no such occurrence in 6 teams.

Then the Penalty position is not compared towards his try+convert teammates, but versus the opponent's Transfers,
so it's less relevant whether he outscores his teammates on a GW

On another consideration, the above means that if the try scorer hits a patch of bad form, and/or another teammate a purple patch, so that they switch ranking in FPL, the team here is stuck in the GW25 "formation" and can't profit of the better form to "promote" another member to try scorer.
Was this choice just in order to make the sidegame easier managed, or an intended preference about the game "philosophy"?

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

Not going to lie, easier to manage for this but for full launch next season I will be asking for the teams to nominate their positions and that would be locked in for the season. Will go into more detail later on.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

As if I'll catch the other two Italians :lol:

tenpinterry
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL 214th (15/16), 734rd (13/14), 650th (08/09), 507th (07/08) & 132nd (06/07)
Mail - 47th (11/12)
Telegraph - 98th (14/15)

Post by tenpinterry »

Stemania wrote: 06 Feb 2018, 20:58 The transfers limit on penalties is a particularly excellent rule, as was MoSe's commentary on how it killed Wales.
We in Wales tend to differ from this view. It's typical of the canny Scots to do this. They must have consulted Conor O'Shea for any ideas that could help them 8-)

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

Anybody played their WC?

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

blahblah wrote: 07 Feb 2018, 14:46 As if I'll catch the other two Italians :lol:
Does that make you the Alfa Romeo of the Italian team? Beautiful to look at on the outside; something not quite right under the bonnet? :wink:

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Smurphy's Paw wrote: 10 Feb 2018, 10:30
blahblah wrote: 07 Feb 2018, 14:46 As if I'll catch the other two Italians :lol:
Does that make you the Alfa Romeo of the Italian team? Beautiful to look at on the outside; something not quite right under the bonnet? :wink:
8-) 8-) 8-)

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

That's curious, because of course when you talk about sports and race cars, it Italy it's Ferrari. But that's a car only 1 in a million can afford.
When you talk about everyday cars for the general customer tho, the Alfa still is thought as the car to go here if you want to privilege engine and performance over comfort and style.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight

Post by Smurphy Paw »

MoSe wrote: 10 Feb 2018, 11:53
That's curious, because of course when you talk about sports and race cars, it Italy it's Ferrari. But that's a car only 1 in a million can afford.
When you talk about everyday cars for the general customer tho, the Alfa still is thought as the car to go here if you want to privilege engine and performance over comfort and style.
There’s always a joke over here, largely based on past poor performance of the Spider, about Alfas being unreliable.
More pertinently, it was an open goal opportunity to gently tease blah.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Smurphy's Paw wrote: 10 Feb 2018, 12:30
There’s always a joke over here, largely based on past poor performance of the Spider, about Alfas being unreliable.

Missed the teasing, I'm openly quite pants :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not sure about being called "cheap" though :shock:

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight

Post by Smurphy Paw »

blahblah wrote: 10 Feb 2018, 12:33
Smurphy's Paw wrote: 10 Feb 2018, 12:30

Missed the teasing, I'm openly quite pants :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not sure about being called "cheap" though :shock:
Oh dear. Right:
Alfa’s are arguably the third Italian ‘Marque’ after Ferrari & Maserati, hence the comparison with you being in 3rd.
As for the detail, every time I reply to one of your posts I have to remind myself that you’re not the beauty in your avatar (or are you!); meanwhile, the ‘under the bonnet’ thing, for the last month you’ve been lamenting your manmoania.

As they say, if you’ve got to explain it’s obviously not as funny as you think it is.

That’s not you in your picture, is it?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Re: FPL Six Nations - Aldershot kicking masterclass sees Italy go top

Post by Tacalabala »

The Azzurri are top thanks to Aldershot's 100% conversion success over Ireland, in a game that saw Joccki denied even a single penalty despite a century score. The Italians are on 7pts now, as are England with the kickers Brightwater and BigL making the difference at Twickers. Les Bleus are third following the drumming of Scotland as Chris went over five times and now leads the Player of the Championship standings.

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

really players are NOT making Transfers in FPL to avoid conceding penalty kicks in this sidegame :shock:
astounding :o :D
one of the best indicators of a succesful design: that a sidegame influences someone's FPL team management

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

So only 1 Transfer by the 6 FPL teams in that match :?

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Sorry guys, my kicking let us down this week. I told Ray Finkle to make sure the laces were out, but alas...

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Post by Spinynorman »

A win and a draw for England sounds reasonable. Onwards and upwards. :)

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Stemania wrote: 13 Feb 2018, 11:28 Sorry guys, my kicking let us down this week. I told Ray Finkle to make sure the laces were out, but alas...
Not all you. I was only an Alonso or Gomez appearance away from another try, and I made the transfer (that lost me points in the real game as well as this!!)
Chris, well played. We’re 1&2 in one of the standings, but we could both do with lessons on who to play and who not to bench in the real game :lol:

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Draft spreadsheet for next season

Post by Tacalabala »

I've attached the spreadsheet that I've been working on for whoever is kind enough to take this on next season. The font if you're wondering is available from Google Fonts - https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Montserrat

As you can see, it's going to be a pairs knockout competition in three week tournaments, initially with two tiers for promotion and relegation. I'm aiming to make the spreadsheet very easy to work with - you should be able to start a new seasons from the template every three weeks, load up the starting week and teams and then the spreadsheet should do the rest, then all you'd need to do is refresh the scores, copy-paste the image into Paint, save and then upload to Google Photos after every Gameweek, easy-peasy. You would have to add/amend pairs on another part of the spreadsheet between tournament as new people join and pairings change, but we'll get to that when the time comes, and that should be straightforward as well.

Oh, and while I'm testing with national teams, actually I think if the pairs were to use club rugby teams for the Premiership, Pro 14, Top 14, Super Rugby and RL Super League that would be better :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Re: FPL Six Nations - Spinynorman spearheads England to the summit

Post by Tacalabala »

We've got this weekend off XV's action, time to look back at what happened this week.

The big headline is England's charge to the top on the back of three tries from Spinynorman, Quaner and Tomkins the unlikely stars at Murrayfield. The home support was left dejected as Zimmerman came agonisingly short of the line to claim a draw. It did finish all square between Ireland and Wales, with Jockki able to put an extra pen over thanks to Tall Paul's wildcard. The Italians are keeping pace with the English, running out winners in a tight encounter under the lights in Paris as Aldershot's kicking inspiring another famous win. The Gallic crowd did embrace their captain Chris at the end, he continues to lead the individual standings with two rounds left to play.

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Re: FPL Six Nations - Spinynorman spearheads England to the summit

Post by Tacalabala »

Big weekend, no doubt cards are going to effect pens next week so this is the last 'clean' GW.

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Re: FPL Six Nations - Stingy England cling on in Paris to remain top; Blah kicks big for the Azzurri

Post by Tacalabala »

We're down to three mathematically, and realistically two to fight it out for the Six Nations title in BGW31.

England's three dug deep to grind out a result against the French, not that the French looked able to take any opportunities that might have presented themselves - only Fred1266 managed to break through the 40pt barrier. The English stay on top, but by just two Rugby points difference from Italy whose performance this weekend had their travelling supporting in raptures as they condemned Wales to a third loss. I want more of what Blah is drinking - captain Mkhitaryan for 26pts!

With a low scoring BGW31 anticipated, Ireland will have to beat England handsomely next weekend and rely on Scotland to do them a favour against Italy, a favour which they may well not fancy doing after the Scots played out of their skins only to lose again against the men in green. Only Italy scored more FPL-XV points than the Scots but Ireland's single transfer blocked Mad dog's kicking. Wales and France will also play for 4th place, or alternatively to avoid the indignity of finishing with the wooden spoon.

.......... and I was busy this weekend, and can now show off (attached) what is more or less a working spreadsheet for what will hopefully be the full competition next season. So, the question is, who is up for running this next season? Send me a PM if so :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Re: FPL Six Nations - Stingy England cling on in Paris to remain top; Blah kicks big for the Azzurri

Post by blahblah »

Tacalabala wrote: 13 Mar 2018, 20:45 I want more of what Blah is drinking - captain Mkhitaryan for 26pts!
Who else should I have banded? :lol:

It was between Mahrez and Mkh, with Aubething bubbling.... (Salah at OT was never on my radar.)

JAyew's red stopped me breaking the 80 barrier :evil: :evil: :evil:

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Ah, Taca, I don’t seem to be able to open it on my iPad.

Stem, Joccki, good kicking gents

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

Smurphy's Paw wrote: 13 Mar 2018, 23:19 Ah, Taca, I don’t seem to be able to open it on my iPad.

Just to check, you mean this https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Tacalabala wrote: 13 Mar 2018, 23:35
Smurphy's Paw wrote: 13 Mar 2018, 23:19 Ah, Taca, I don’t seem to be able to open it on my iPad.

Just to check, you mean this https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
That’s fine, the file in your 8.45pm post wouldn’t open though.
If it’s the same thing, possibly due to format (zip file?)

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

Smurphy's Paw wrote: 14 Mar 2018, 08:13
Tacalabala wrote: 13 Mar 2018, 23:35

That’s fine, the file in your 8.45pm post wouldn’t open though.
If it’s the same thing, possibly due to format (zip file?)
No definitely not the same thing. That is a zip of the spreadsheet for next season's full blown competition.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Smurphy's Paw wrote: 13 Mar 2018, 23:19 Stem, Joccki, good kicking gents
I've had a bit of a shocker this tournament, but glad you two have kept us in the running. I'll change my studs for the last match and try to drag myself up to your level to whoop those English. :P :mrgreen:

And, come on Scotland!

(Thanks Taca)

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Re: FPL Six Nations - ENGLAND WIN (Spinynorman, Brightwater, TheBigLew.), Blah player of the championship

Post by Tacalabala »

Congratulations to our English trio, Six Nations champs! Spinynorman was the hero at Twickenham, going over the line six times to lead England to victory over Ireland and grab a crucial try bonus point. There was nervousness at news from Rome as Italy were chasing a big total against the battling Scots, and they gave everything - Snakzz played 10 men, Blah with at least 5pts each from his playing contingent, Aldershot converting every opportunity - but they fell three points short of overall victory. Blah did take the individual accolade, 383pts over five weeks of XV action is a great effort. Spinynorman's bench proved crucial in the final two rounds with two extra tries, he scored 49pts from his four 'extra' players. In the other game, Fred's kicking made the difference against Wales to secure fourth for Les Bleus.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight

Re: FPL Six Nations - ENGLAND WIN (Spinynorman, Brightwater, TheBigLew.), Blah player of the championship

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Congratulations England, well played Spiny. Your bench did for me this weekend - I didn’t anticipate scoring 5 tries and losing!
See you over in 5AS H2H next week :-)

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Links, Mini-Leagues & Side Games”