To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

FISO Cup 2017/18 - ARDRAGEEN WINS!

A Forum for all Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Links, Mini-Leagues and Side Games (i.e. inter-FISO competitions run by FISO users)
jeffmcgow
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL - FISO Mirror League 1st 2015-16 | Sun - Cheap as Chips Conference 1st 2014-15 & 2015-16

Re: FISO Cup 2017/18 - GW6 RESULTS

Post by jeffmcgow »

TheBigLewandowski wrote: 26 Sep 2017, 13:16 Group O is certainly tight!
Still sitting top despite my second defeat in a row!
I'm coming back at you TBL, after narrowly beating my FPL nemesis DAREEL :)

I'm not sure why DAREEL and I are showing 1 game drawn though :?

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: OR 1,259 2016/17

Post by TheBigLewandowski »

jeffmcgow wrote: 26 Sep 2017, 19:11
TheBigLewandowski wrote: 26 Sep 2017, 13:16 Group O is certainly tight!
I'm coming back at you TBL, after narrowly beating my FPL nemesis DAREEL :)

I'm not sure why DAREEL and I are showing 1 game drawn though :?
Only 3 points separate 1st and 5th?! :o
Makes for an interesting ending! :lol: :!:

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Re: GW6 RESULTS

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Tacalabala wrote: 26 Sep 2017, 12:33
They won't appreciate this being signposted, but Sunbather (P) and Aldershot Rejects (Q) are the only managers yet to get off the mark with five losses from five games.
Cheers Tacalabala, I appreciate the mention :oops:

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

TheBigLewandowski wrote:
jeffmcgow wrote:
TheBigLewandowski wrote: Group O is certainly tight!
I'm coming back at you TBL, after narrowly beating my FPL nemesis DAREEL :) I'm not sure why DAREEL and I are showing 1 game drawn though :?
Only 3 points separate 1st and 5th?! :o
Makes for an interesting ending! :lol: :!:

Yeah, it is very tight. I play Jeff's Giants this week and we both need to win really. Our teams are quite similar, main difference is that I will have Lukaku and Jeff will have Aguero. Unless you are doing Aguero :arrow: Lukaku, Jeff? I can tell you now that I plan to save FT unless Eriksen is still unavailable. Want to share your plans? :P

jeffmcgow
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL - FISO Mirror League 1st 2015-16 | Sun - Cheap as Chips Conference 1st 2014-15 & 2015-16

Post by jeffmcgow »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 26 Sep 2017, 21:05 Yeah, it is very tight. I play Jeff's Giants this week and we both need to win really. Our teams are quite similar, main difference is that I will have Lukaku and Jeff will have Aguero. Unless you are doing Aguero :arrow: Lukaku, Jeff? I can tell you now that I plan to save FT unless Eriksen is still unavailable. Want to share your plans? :P
:) I'll be doing the same Ruth_NZ: saving the transfer unless I have a major casualty in midweek. I've already moved the settee away from the living room wall so that I can crawl behind it on Saturday :wink:

jeffmcgow
Dumbledore

Post by jeffmcgow »

After today's news Lukaku is back in my squad and the couch has been pushed back against the wall.

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

GW7 RESULTS

Post by Tacalabala »

GW7 RESULTS - https://goo.gl/photos/zE9eP8bjzGv9vHgbA

We're getting to the business end of qualification now, with many finding themselves eliminated with three games to go.

Abumies was looking good in Group A at the half way point, but two defeats later he is fighting to stay in 1st with Neath boy and Spinynorman beating him these past two weeks to claw him back into a battle for top spot.

There has been a change in leadership in Group D, with Asm_fanz taking advantage of Spiderm4tt's single point defeat to Multiple Scorgasms to jump and lead by one point - they go head-to-head in GW8.

Group G continues to intrigue, with five points separating leader Roga from Libero to the foot of the table. This is the only section with a three-way tie for the lead.

Double Zone's top section, Group O, is turning into a slugfest with Jeffmcgow remaining on top with a win over Ruth_NZ and TheBigLewandowski falling to a defeat away to Jobmeister, but this is not over with even DAREEL in 6th ranking within the world's top 750k.

As Albert_ini lost for the first time to Sunbather, JOK57 faulted against Bølla pinnsvin, and Folcane also went down to Ironfist to ruin the only remaining perfect records in the competition.

And finally, RomynPG (Group R) missed an opportunity to jump into 1st over the resting PSA as he lost to Owenclass, the tussle at the top of Group H saw Baganboy smash Ardrageen to now lead by three points, while Isalla took full advance of Mo Bot's loss to Sibrown4 to beat Jasonbek and go into 1st.

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

Another defeat for myself in Group O.
Incredibly tight group with not much between us all.
Good luck for the remaining games guys!

jeffmcgow
Dumbledore

Post by jeffmcgow »

TheBigLewandowski wrote: 02 Oct 2017, 11:57 Another defeat for myself in Group O.
Incredibly tight group with not much between us all.
Good luck for the remaining games guys!
Thanks TBL. Yes, it's unbelievably close and I'm certainly looking forward to our match day 10 tussle :)

Good luck all!

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Re: FISO Cup 2017/18 - GW7 RESULTS

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Looks like it has reached the must win stage for me. Top 2 in Group O make the FISO Cup but only the winners reach the Spring League. Need my wildcard to pay off immediately. :mrgreen:

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

Even tougher than that Ruth, you'll have to playoffs with the Group P winners to get in Spring League!

Good luck to All, squeaky bum in October who'd have thought it!

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

Ruth_NZ wrote: 14 Oct 2017, 08:52 Looks like it has reached the must win stage for me. Top 2 in Group O make the FISO Cup but only the winners reach the Spring League. Need my wildcard to pay off immediately. :mrgreen:
After a great start, I have fallen the past few weeks.
All the best Ruth in the remaining games which is sure to be an interesting finish!

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Group O

RNZ 47 + Vardy vs Pleasedtomichu 44 + Foster
JeffMcgow 42 vs Jobmeister 49
Dareel 50 + Vardy vs BigLewandowski 41 + Vardy

So, that's wins for Dareel and Jobmeister with the other tie favouring RNZ unless WBA keep a CS. Although there is a possibility that Foster may not be fit to play, in which case Pleasedtomichu would be 45 all out.

That will put Jobmeister into the lead on 15 points after 8 weeks with JeffMcgow on 13 and most likely 2 other teams on 12. Unbelievably that would mean that any of the 6 teams would still be able to win Group O going into the last 2 rounds. :shock:

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

Ruth_NZ wrote: 16 Oct 2017, 09:32 Group O

RNZ 47 + Vardy vs Pleasedtomichu 44 + Foster
JeffMcgow 42 vs Jobmeister 49
Dareel 50 + Vardy vs BigLewandowski 41 + Vardy

So, that's wins for Dareel and Jobmeister with the other tie favouring RNZ unless WBA keep a CS. Although there is a possibility that Foster may not be fit to play, in which case Pleasedtomichu would be 45 all out.

That will put Jobmeister into the lead on 15 points after 8 weeks with JeffMcgow on 13 and most likely 2 other teams on 12. Unbelievably that would mean that any of the 6 teams would still be able to win Group O going into the last 2 rounds. :shock:
I've completely bottled it after my great start, Ruth! :oops: :lol:

Very tight at the top still?

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

TheBigLewandowski wrote:I've completely bottled it after my great start, Ruth! :oops: :lol:
Very tight at the top still?

Yep. Anyone can have a bad run, BL, my performance wasn't glorious so far either. :roll: But look, the plan for you now should be:

1. Lose narrowly to me next week, allowing me to stay in the hunt;
  2. Beat Jeff in GW10 to recover some pride for yourself (and give me a chance to overtake him).
That sound OK? :P :lol:

Edit: Foster does miss out so failing a Vardy red card or something that matchup is settled as well.

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

GW8 RESULTS

Post by Tacalabala »

GW8 RESULTS - https://goo.gl/photos/zE9eP8bjzGv9vHgbA

There are just two rounds of matches left in qualification, and we already have two names confirmed alongside Joccki and Mashed.

JOK57 came back from last week's defeat to Bolla to hammer RichH6109 by 20pts, and with WINNING! losing (haha) to Dorset Hammer, that was enough to secure his place. There is still all to play for in Group J though, as the runner-up will also qualify.

The other FISOer to book their spot was Albert_ini, who defeated Morganb as Pulpy suffered a narrow five point loss to Geoffv to hand Albert_ini one of the two slots in Group P.

Leading overall in terms of FPL points is Smurphys Paw with a terrific 516pts so far this campaign, but that is not enough even in the Double Zone's lowest tier section, Group T! Britinus tops the five team league and will qualify should he win his remaining game next week before sitting out the last round of qualifiers.

Ralfbergs is second overall, but he too is not in a clear lead in his group as you might have expected. Doogal is hanging on in Group S, albeit with a far inferior FPL points tally, but Ralf has one game in hand and the two meet next weekend, so it's all Ralf's to lose it seems.

I have provided the current ranking of second place teams in the Spring League zone. Bottom of those is Abumies, who has lost top spot in Group A after three successive defeats, disastrous! That has opened the contest right up, with even 5th place Andybarrell in with a shout after a forgettable 3pts earned against Fingerpass. Neath boy leads the section on FPL points.

Taff Murray needs one more point to qualify from Group E, and will play second place MoSe next. Calvin1979 is looking odds-on to secure a third successive appearance in the finals stage in Group I, just one win required against either 4th or 5th in the closing weeks. We've talked about Group G a lot, and now it looks like we are going to get answers - Roga v Tall Paul is a top of the table clash, with closest challengers Jpk and Fred1266 also facing off next weekend.

And finally, Group O. It's the only group remaining where all six teams continue to fight for places (two go through from this section), and with Ruth_NZ and TheBigLewandowski going head-to-head in GW9, Jobmeister won't be able to secure a place even with a win over DAREEL. Should he lose though, well, that would set-up one hell of finish....

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Re: GW8 RESULTS

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Tacalabala wrote:And finally, Group O. It's the only group remaining where all six teams continue to fight for places (two go through from this section), and with Ruth_NZ and TheBigLewandowski going head-to-head in GW9, Jobmeister won't be able to secure a place even with a win over DAREEL. Should he lose though, well, that would set-up one hell of finish...

Indeed it would. Group O has been a real attritional affair so far. For BL and myself, the GW9 H2H is pretty much a knock-out game. The loser will be done for. The winner will at least still be in the hunt coming into the final week. :|

These FISO sidegames are more fun than I realised. :)

Edit: BL took a hit which should help a bit. It could largely come down to my Hazard(c) against his Lukaku(c). Neither owns the other one's captain. :mrgreen:

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

GW9 AS IT STANDS

Post by Tacalabala »

GW9 AS IT STANDS - https://goo.gl/photos/zE9eP8bjzGv9vHgbA

I thought that given that the two remaining games today are likely to swing many results, an update would be welcome :D Abumies, what has happened?!

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

Re: FISO Cup 2017/18 - GW9 AS IT STANDS (AFTER SATURDAY)

Group O is so tight that I can't bear to look! :mrgreen:
Only a point separates myself and Ruth, but I only have Kane left and he has more to play than me? :oops:

andybarrell
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2013 Licence to Kill Winner
2019 S15 R2 Championship Winner
2020 FISO H2H League 1 Winner
2020 5aSide Champions (Falcons)

Post by andybarrell »

Abumies came up against a fearful opponent :) :)

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Group O

RNZ 71 vs BigLewandowski 58
JeffMcgow 66 vs Pleasedtomichu 57
Dareel 54 vs Jobmeister 76

Mark (Jobmeister) is into the top 10k now, kudos. :)

That puts Jobmeister on 18 points, JeffMcGow on 16 and RNZ on 15. I'm basically relying on BigLewandowski to turn Jeff over next week, otherwise I'll be done for. :wink:

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

An impressive home win over me, Ruth. I couldn't keep up with your Sanchéz and Hazard!
Another tough match for me next week against Jeff. I'll try and get a win, even though I can't buy one atm! :mrgreen:
Am I out of the race at the top now? Or have I a small chance of catching anyone? :oops: :lol:

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

You can catch me. :) But you can't make the top 2 (I think).

Gotta play for pride, BL. :P

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

Ruth_NZ wrote: 22 Oct 2017, 21:05 You can catch me. :) But you can't make the top 2 (I think).

Playing for the shirt, then.
I'll have to send my team out to do a professional job next week then. :wink:

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

GW9 RESULTS

Post by Tacalabala »

GW9 RESULTS - https://goo.gl/photos/zE9eP8bjzGv9vHgbA

Please make sure that your GW score (points scored minus transfer penalties) and your FPL points total ('+' in group table) is correct. The programme used to extract data from FPL is not returning correct overall total and overall ranking for this Gameweek, but this should not effect this sidegame but does mean that I cannot provide an overall table at this time.

The key battles are now known for the final weekend of FISO Cup qualifying....

Group A - Neath's narrow win against Fingerpass has put him in prime position to qualify, but he must still beat Hogmeister this coming weekend to make sure. If not, then Spinynorman will need to outscore Neath as well as defeat Andybarrell to qualify for the finals for a third time. Abumies has blown it after a fourth straight loss, this time to Andybarrell, and is unlikely to figure as one of the top 5 ranking runners-up should he finish in second.

Group B - Brightwater has qualified for the finals for the first time after a commanding 70-54 victory against Velcro, as nearest challenger Canary94 fell to a two point loss to Stripes1973. That's not a disaster for Canary though, as his sizeable FPL total is likely to be enough to secure a runner-up spot provided he doesn't hit a wall in GW10.

Group C - It's just a two way fight now between Mo Bot and Isalla, after Amc and Curwinkle's challenge faltered in GW9. But the eliminated pair do have a crucial role to play on the last weekend: Curwinkle faces leader Mo Bot (hoping to qualify for a second time), meanwhile Amc plays Isalla. And get this - Curwinkle and Amc won the corresponding ties in GW5!

Group D - Asm_fanz can still deny former world champion Spiderm4tt top spot, and given his points situation probably needs to as well. Spi is under far less pressure and should be confident of qualifying even if he finishes in 2nd. The top two play the bottom pair of Mick and MS to conclude the group.

Group E - MoSe grabbed a big win in GW9 against table topping Taff Murray to leave things hanging in the balance with one game to go. Taff really must win the section given his comparatively poor FPL tally so far, though MoSe will also need to score well to place in the top five of the runners-up. The top two cannot be caught.

Group F - With last season's semi-finalist, SE, looking unable to improve his FPL tally significantly, this section is now a three-way fight between Tenpinterry and Wiseowl65 on 18 group points, and Jeffersdn three points back but with a overwhelming FPL advantage. Wiseowl definitely needs a favour from TPT when he faces Jeff this weekend!!!

Group G - Tall Paul looks very comfortable after scoring a big 76pts in his GW9 victory over Roga. Roga will now need to pull out all of the stops in the coming weekend, but his opponent, Fred1266, will jump above Roga should he win that encounter but is unlikely to be able to qualify as a top ranking runner-up.

Group H - Ardrageen is looking safe as houses with a big 569pts on the board, so it's Baganboy's to lose here when he plays Robot in the weekend. Spring League anoraks will also have noted Coryphaeus's continued fall from grace on the back of last season's four wins in 16 games, just a single positive result in nine games here.

Group I - The unexpected win for Topcat24 over leader Calvin1979 has plunged this group into a final day fight, with just 11 FPL points seperating Calvin (19), From4corners (18) and Spencer4 (16). As fate would have it, there are no head-to-heads between the trio, so Moist von Lipwig has a chance to cause a shock in GW10 by eliminating the 2015/16 Cup winner.

Group J - With Jok57 assured of finishing at the summit, attention turns to the battle for second, which guarantees passage in this group. WINNING! and RichH6109 have three points over Dorset Hammer, but it's DH that has the FPL advantage to cut through in a tie. Like Group I above, the three do not actually face each other, so the already eliminated Bolla and Hiragii may have a hand in determining the outcome.

Group K - We have winner! Neville Wears Prada will take his place in the finals following a 61-53 win against Slowfish in the weekend. That leaves the play-off place for the rest, and it very nearly is the rest with only Johnnyhp definitely out of contention in the section. Hodi is in prime position at the moment, but concludes his campaign against the leader, so will need to complete the job to make sure.

Group L - Folcane has made it to the finals, albeit in perhaps not the style he would have hoped. 39-26 is not a scoreline that will be remembered for months to come! The play-off place is also wrapped up for The Dude Abides, so will he use the spare week to set-up for his Group K opponent in the play-off?

Group M - While this group is not mathematically over, the top two cannot be caught now, and Rohitpotter is unlikely to be able to make up the 37pts deficit to leader Ironcub14. This is over.

Group N - Chandler took full advantage of Shevchenko's defeat at the hands of Will Locke to seal is passage to the finals. That leaves an incredibly tight tussle for the play-off spot - Chandler can put to bed Shev's challenge as they face-off, meanwhile it's Will Locke versus IndEleven in a pre-play-off.

Group O - The Double Zone's top group is coming to a crescendo, as Ruth_NZ secured a crucial victory over BigLew to set-up a nail-biting battle on the last day: with Jobmeister looking safe to grab at least second given his 564pts total, Ruth needs BigLew to beat Jeffmcgow and do the business himself against DAREEL. This is going all the way!

Group P - It's all over here! Morganb's untimely loss to Sunbather opened the door, and Pulpy walked right through, taking three points versus Albert_ini to join him in the finals.

Group Q - Fuzzy went, well, fuzzy at the prospect of qualifying and lost to long since eliminated Aldershot Rejects at the weekend. He will now have to score well to block Latic from top spot should he beat Mad dog. Not much of a 'rest week' after all...

Group R - RomynPG took his rest a little too literally and must now beat Mogwai in GW10 to make sure PSA doesn't steal top spot at the last moment. It may not have been such a concern if RuudTheDudeVanTheMan had been able to beat PSA in GW9, but no such good fortune for the 5AS chairman.

Group S - Ralfbergs will have to suffer a catastrophe not to win this group, as he leads by three points and has no less than 102 FPL points over his only remaining competition, Droughton (Doogal has no more games to play). Will he take the opportunity to prepare for the play-offs?

Group T - Britinus could have made it certain in this weekend past, but tripped up at home to struggling S_sutton87, and will need to score well to fend off Oxford NZ who surely won't lose to Sutton a second time in the group.

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

Re: FISO Cup 2017/18 - GW9 RESULTS

4 defeats in a row after winning my first 5. What a disaster! :lol:

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

What a last week we're facing indeed, thanks Taca for these wonderful updates and for allowing me a win in GW10. ;) Also trusting on my buddy MvL to allow his fellow Eagle to fly to the next round.

jeffmcgow
Dumbledore

Post by jeffmcgow »

TheBigLewandowski wrote: 22 Oct 2017, 21:08
Ruth_NZ wrote: 22 Oct 2017, 21:05 You can catch me. :) But you can't make the top 2 (I think).

Playing for the shirt, then.
I'll have to send my team out to do a professional job next week then. :wink:
I'll also need my team to be especially focussed this weekend. :) This could all come down to a Lukaku/Aguero transfer decision or a captain choice.

One thing is for certain: I cannot choose this week to take a -4 hit.

Good luck for the coming GW TBL.

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

You too, Jeff mate. :)

I'm playing for pride really now, considering my awful run of form. All that good work I managed early in the Group has gone to pot! I need my players to dig deep and be professional. :oops: :lol:

RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Re: GW9 RESULTS

Post by RomynPG »

Tacalabala wrote: 23 Oct 2017, 22:13Group R - RomynPG took his rest a little too literally and must now beat Mogwai in GW10 to make sure PSA doesn't steal top spot at the last moment. It may not have been such a concern if RuudTheDudeVanTheMan had been able to beat PSA in GW9, but no such good fortune for the 5AS chairman.
Up 60 vs 47 at the moment - my Yoshida/Gross against Mogwais Mbemba/Cork to come - still all to play for.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Links, Mini-Leagues & Side Games”