To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Telegraph Fantasy Football Squad Manager 2010/11

A Fantasy Football forum for news on Telegraph Fantasy Football Online Squad Manager (TFFOSM) - formerly TTF, TFFO & TPLO. For Telegraph Newspaper games see forums above.
Art Vandelay
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: not bad

Re: Telegraph Fantasy Football Squad Manager 2010/11

Post by Art Vandelay »

I'm just going to plug the Daily Mail game for TFFOers. It's got a squad (albeit a 12 man one) and captains and it's free. I recommend you give it a try :)

reds363
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 28th 06/07; TFFO 3rd 09/10; TFF 3rd 12/13

Post by reds363 »

Art Vandelay wrote:I'm just going to plug the Daily Mail game for TFFOers. It's got a squad (albeit a 12 man one) and captains and it's free. I recommend you give it a try :)
Ditto. It's virtually identical to the Metro game of last year (I believe Metro and Mail actually were a shared game last year), which was mentioned as a possible game for ISO's relocation because some of its features are similar to TFFO. I'm in. :)

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

reds363 wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:I'm just going to plug the Daily Mail game for TFFOers. It's got a squad (albeit a 12 man one) and captains and it's free. I recommend you give it a try :)
Ditto. It's virtually identical to the Metro game of last year (I believe Metro and Mail actually were a shared game last year), which was mentioned as a possible game for ISO's relocation because some of its features are similar to TFFO. I'm in. :)
Yes,both papers are owned by Associated Newspapers,and the season before last the Mail had it's own game,then last season the 2 ran in parallel,but merged for prizes etc. Now the Mail's decided to go it alone again with a separate £40k prize pot.
I couldn't help wondering if this might have been a contributory factor in the decision to kill off TFFO,as with GFM producing all of these games,maybe one had to give way to enable the others to get up and running in time,and TFFO was the most dispensable in terms of the number playing it ? Just a thought :idea:

Anyway,what's brought me here is that I've noticed the desire among long time TFFOers to keep in touch,and whilst heading off to OFL,Mail and elsewhere it occurred to me there was a perfect vehicle for this purpose which no-one had suggested.

As you'll see from my avatar and reds363 's, there is a 5AS sidegame within the FPL game,which I'm sure you all know by now is bigger than all the other FF games put together - for a reason - over 500,000 have already entered this season, and there were 2.3 million playing last season,and I've been trying to persuade AkNotSpur via PM's to join and establish a 5 a side team of former TFFOers - I even suggested a team name, FISO 5AS xTFFOers to get it moving.

It seems to me a perfect way for you all to keep in touch with each other during the hoped for temporary absence of TFFO, as apart from the great banter on the Fiso 5AS thread you could join in,you'd have your own private team forum within FPL.

I suspect that there's scope for several such 5AS teams to be formed by TFFOers getting together,and you could do it by the end of this week even,though RomynPG ,if you declare your interest now,will probably be able to give you up to 7th AUGUST to finalise everything and enable him to produce the season's fixture lists.
He's even offered to design an avatar for your team,if that removes an obstacle,and all he asks is the name and sufficient time to produce it,with MarquisMark having offered to help with designs if Romyn gets too busy.

Both the main FPL game and the 5AS sidegame are free to enter,and here are the links to do so:

to join FPL: http://fantasy.premierleague.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

5AS Recruitment thread,within which you'll see a link to page 1 of last season's 5AS thread explaining how it works:

fiso-5as-2010-11-recruitment-general-t75063.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

I take it everyone selected Rooney and is captaining hif for tonight's flange.

Any other tactics out there?

How many like me are glad we picked and starred Drogba over Lampard 8-)

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

But make sure that you are sitting besides your computer at 7.30 so that you can change your captain to Nani or Vidic if Rooney doesn't turn up. Lets face it after captaining Adam Johnson, Nzogbia, and Joe Cole in the other three flanges you're already in danger of not improving on your last year's performance. Pull up your woolly socks Murf or the newbies will soon suss you out. :wink:

Pouzar
Dumbledore
FS Record: 3rd in TFFO 2005

Post by Pouzar »

C'mon you two, you're making me cry. OFL is nice, but I miss TFFO. Maybe next year?

Oddsman
FISOhead
FS Record: Daily Mail Winner 2014-15 TFFOSM Winner 2007-08 & 2008-09; TFC 5th 2001; TFF 7th 2009-10

Post by Oddsman »

Good to see you haven't lost your sense of humour lads :lol:

But your right there was definitely something missing this weekend - namely our beloved flanges :cry:

looneytoon77
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFFO 07/08 15th place, TFF Twitter League 3rd Place 12/13, William Hill MOTM 5 Winner 12/13, William Hill Season Winner 2012/13

Post by looneytoon77 »

Yeh I know what you guys mean re something missing. I just had to leave my teams to it for the games I am playing & didn't even know goal scorers etc till Sunday as was out all day Sat. I would hope TFFO might come back next year after a year out & proper marketing etc but I doubt it. Think the weekends of flanges & captaincy choices are a thing of the past...

Incidentally, didn't go with OFL in the end, infact not playing a pay games this season as there are enough freebies out there to keep me busy. Hope you all do ok though in whichever games you are playing!

Biscuitman
FISOhead
FS Record: 10th TFFO 2009/10

Post by Biscuitman »

Failing a return of TFFO next season, we could always lobby OFL to introduce captains - after all, TFL have this and it is a very popular feature, looking at the general discussion on the FPL threads. Personally I also find the multitude of possible squad set-ups and team formations an unwelcome distraction on OFL and many other games. TFFO somehow seems (oops - seemed) a "purer" test.

Biscuitman
FISOhead
FS Record: 10th TFFO 2009/10

Post by Biscuitman »

In the meantime, use those 15 transfers wisely - they are like gold dust :)

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

Sad days, with this thread now archived. :cry:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Telegraph Fantasy Football Online Squad Manager (TFFOSM)”