To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Week 29

A Fantasy Football forum for news on Telegraph Fantasy Football Online Squad Manager (TFFOSM) - formerly TTF, TFFO & TPLO. For Telegraph Newspaper games see forums above.
yoda1680
Wideboy

Week 29

Post by yoda1680 »

23/02: Man Utd v West Ham
A rumoured return for Rio and Vidic and probably some late checking required for the rest of the teamsheets. Rooney, if he plays, has to be standout star man. In his absence, perhaps Berb, Valencia or Evra will be the most likely captain choices. West Ham look set to rest a few for this game and I'm guessing 3-0 Utd.

24/02: Stoke v Man City / Spurs v Bolton / Villa v Palace
Still no sign of Tevez, so Defoe and Agbonglahor [if fit] seem the most likely captain choices followed closely by Milner, Young and Ade. Tricky to look beyond Villa for a clean sheet but maybe Stoke can pull off a miracle at home to City. Myself, I'm betting on wins for City, Spurs and Villa.

27/02 12.45: Chelsea v Man City
Any point looking beyond Drogba? I doubt it - the boy's on fire. Can't see City producing much down at the Bridge and reckon Chelsea could well get away with another clean sheet here. Whether the bos will return is sure to be worrying a few with Ivanovich in their sides - other than that, not too many dillemas here I suspect.

27/02 3.00: Brum v Wigan / Bolton v Wolves / Burnley v Portsmouth
From my own point of view, this is a disastrous flange. With an injured KPB [possibly now out till May :shock: ], my only hope comes from Cohen at Bolton and he hasn't even started in the past couple of weeks! Perhaps a risky Birmingham defender on star will reap rewards; otherwise the ever consistent Nzogbia is likely to be the popular captain. Anyone still holding Milijas - I hope for their sakes not! I reckon there are goals in this flange but who's going to score them is beyond me.

27/02 5.30: Stoke v Arsenal
Bendtner or Fab for star in most sides presumably. Can't see Stoke holding out as Arsenal continue their surge towards the top two.

28/02 1.00: Spurs v Everton
One word - Defoe. [I don't have him myself but that's probably why I am languishing in the 600's...] Everton have been on a great run but i think this will be one game too many for them myself as Harry targets his top 4 finish

28/02 3.00: Liverpool v Blackburn / Sunderland v Fulham
Is torres really fit and raring to go - we'll see. I'll be starring Gerrard who will no doubt get booked and do nothing. Got to be Liverpool for the win - most likely with a clean sheet too. Quite a few of us will be hoping Bent comes good against Fulham but Sunderland have looked dreadful of late and it won't surprise me if Fulham snatch this one from under their noses. Still Zamora on star would be a brave decision..

All round, this could be an interesting points scoring week and one with potential to shake up the leaderboard. Will MV mount his comeback? Has Oddsman left it too late? Who is Cold Pigeon and how did he catch up? And most importantly can I get back into the top 500 finally?!?

Good luck everyone!

Despite the website, my unbelievable injury list and an endless stream of wasted transfers, I'm finally beginning to enjoy this season - reckon we have a cracking finale to come

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Re: Week 29

Post by murf »

yoda1680 wrote:24/02: Stoke v Man City / Spurs v Bolton / Villa v Palace
Still no sign of Tevez,
His agent reckons he'll be back for the weekend (but not that midweek game). Too late though as I lost faith in him and ditched him a week or so back.

I'll be glad when I'm out of transfers as it will stop me focussing too much on what has become a write off of a season.....

Evvy18
Treebeard

Post by Evvy18 »

Still awash with transfers in all teams and am contemplating transferring out Tevez for Wednesday's game in a couple as with Ade back Tevez has lost that sparkle and is now playing the supporting role.

Will split xfers between Defoe and Ade but which one where is the question.

Oddsman
FISOhead
FS Record: Daily Mail Winner 2014-15 TFFOSM Winner 2007-08 & 2008-09; TFC 5th 2001; TFF 7th 2009-10

Post by Oddsman »

Thanks for the early preview yoda :)

Anyone not captain Rooney tonight ? :shock:

AkNotSpur
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2nd YTM 09/10; 3 TFFO Top 10 finishes; 6th TFCI 2008.

Post by AkNotSpur »

Ta for the preview, Yoda - I really should do one of these before the season ends. :oops:

Yet another showing of Wayne's World tonight and I can only speculate how much higher The Banned United would be in the Top 100 if I hadn't taken until early Jan to bring him in for Berbatov (pre-Hull, luckily).

Not sure what kind of team Villa will field tomorrow night, but I'm guessing that Milner, and other TFFO talent, may be on the bench. Defoe is likely to start against Notlob - despite Pavs' 2 goal cameo at Wigan (probably, because of the fact that JDF didn't spend 90 minutes on that bog) - and that, together with Tevez's absence, probably raises an issue with some managers who have held onto Lennon as their Spurs rep.

reds363
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 28th 06/07; TFFO 3rd 09/10; TFF 3rd 12/13

Post by reds363 »

Gonna be 30 Rooney points all round at the top tonight I expect :D

I doubt there'll be much (if any) change on the leaderboard - maybe a little shuffling depending on Valencia or MU defender presence in squads. :?

And cheers yoda for the early preview!

MindVampire
FISOhead
FS Record: TFFO - Runner-up 2009/10

Post by MindVampire »

Thanks Yoda… Cool write-up for what could be a very interesting week…
And a good shout on the 3-0 score tonight… my Betfair P&L looks all the better for that score line 8-)

As for TFFO... probably an average start to the week for my teams with an average score of 36 pts from tonight’s game… Good luck everyone

yoda1680
Wideboy

Post by yoda1680 »

thanks MV - stupidly i didn't place a bet last night as was caught up late at work :oops: note to self, open internet betting account...
36 points for me which made practically no difference at all in overall standings
fingers crossed agbong starts tonight [or at least scores from the bench] but i suspect he may be rested with other key players in advance of the weekend..

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

yoda1680 wrote:fingers crossed agbong starts tonight [or at least scores from the bench] but i suspect he may be rested with other key players in advance of the weekend..
(murf said that) someone on FISO said that Martin O'Neill said that Agbonlahor will be rested tonight.

yoda1680
Wideboy

Post by yoda1680 »

Well, that's a pretty strange night of football all round - reckon i got 20 points in the end excl MOTM's
Could be worse i guess - fingers crossed Cech's injury isn't as serious as they first suspected as i can't waste a transfer on a goalie at this stage!
anyone have ade on star?!?

reds363
Dumbledore

Post by reds363 »

Interesting day... Lampard getting two goals to Drogba's nothing will be a blessing to those who have the chubby midfielder instead of the big striker, Tevez's two will also be a nice reward for some, but unfortunate for any managers who dumped him for Ade recently. Minus 4s for Terry and Ivanovic too made for a very weird flange! Not a lot to speak of in the 3pm flange with a first CS for Brum in a while and another CS for the reformed Bolton defence along with an assist for cheapie mid Lee Chung-Yong. And while the terrible Shawcross/Ramsey incident will make the media headlines from the late game; a goal, two assists and MOM to boot for Fabregas is the big FF news, a nice 32 points for the majority of teams I expect.

Scores today for me ranging from 54 to 78.

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 8th TFFO 2008/09

Post by Northernmonkey »

Lamps goals should see me close a bit on you in ISO reds, need a few more along those lines though! It's been a horrible death by Drogba lately in that, could also do with Defoe firing tomorrow but doesn't look like he'll make it, maybe I could star Lennon then again maybe he's still a couple of weeks away as ever. 74 (ISO), 61, 45, 61 & 53 for my straggling lot.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

reds363 wrote:Interesting day... Lampard getting two goals to Drogba's nothing will be a blessing to those who have the chubby midfielder instead of the big striker, Tevez's two will also be a nice reward for some, but unfortunate for any managers who dumped him for Ade recently.
I had Fat Frank and Tevez!

....then I sold Tevez for Adebayor

....then I had the great idea of selling Adebayor for Drogba

....then I had the great idea of captaining Drogba instead of Lampard

yoda1680
Wideboy

Post by yoda1680 »

A nightmare day for me!
Started off with cech, carv, terry and drogs for no points whatsoever. (lucky late assist for swp from the bench)
Nul points in the 3pm kick-off, followed by Shawcross in the evening match...
35 points in total and I suspect a dramatic overnight fall down the table!

reds363
Dumbledore

Post by reds363 »

Northernmonkey wrote:Lamps goals should see me close a bit on you in ISO reds,
Fingers crossed for a (long-overdue :roll: ) Gerrard brace tomorrow to cancel that out :wink:

MindVampire
FISOhead

Post by MindVampire »

Low 44 pts, average 57 pts and high 66 pts
Mindvampire6 scored 60 pts... which is not enough for an immediate comeback LOL

looneytoon77
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFFO 07/08 15th place, TFF Twitter League 3rd Place 12/13, William Hill MOTM 5 Winner 12/13, William Hill Season Winner 2012/13

Post by looneytoon77 »

Not a great day, had Drogba on star but with Tevez in the team, nothing from the 3pms as my captain got booked, but Fab on star & Vermalen goal got me some pride back to around the 50 point mark.
Hoping for a Gerrard & Bent brace today! :lol:

MindVampire
FISOhead

Post by MindVampire »

Low 17 pts, average 23 pts and high 27 pts
Mindvampire6 scored 27 pts

reds363
Dumbledore

Post by reds363 »

Between 12 and 25 for me today, not quite as good as yesterday but fingers crossed should hang on to 6th place

looneytoon77
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFFO 07/08 15th place, TFF Twitter League 3rd Place 12/13, William Hill MOTM 5 Winner 12/13, William Hill Season Winner 2012/13

Post by looneytoon77 »

Low of 12pts, high of 23pts from today's scores, not much to shout about!

MindVampire
FISOhead

Post by MindVampire »

Glad to see I missed 4 pts when totting up my score... giving me a decent score of 31 pts on sunday 8-)
Disappointed to then see Cold Pigeon beat that with a score of 34 pts though :roll:

Oddsman
FISOhead
FS Record: Daily Mail Winner 2014-15 TFFOSM Winner 2007-08 & 2008-09; TFC 5th 2001; TFF 7th 2009-10

Post by Oddsman »

Disappointing weekend for Iguana :(

After chipping away at the lead over recent weeks to get within 50 points off the summit it's a big shame to have all that hard work undone so quickly.

Shame the animal on top is not one of mine :lol:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Telegraph Fantasy Football Online Squad Manager (TFFOSM)”