To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Week 22 aka Snowmageddon

A Fantasy Football forum for news on Telegraph Fantasy Football Online Squad Manager (TFFOSM) - formerly TTF, TFFO & TPLO. For Telegraph Newspaper games see forums above.
reds363
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 28th 06/07; TFFO 3rd 09/10; TFF 3rd 12/13

Week 22 aka Snowmageddon

Post by reds363 »

Thought I'd do it again as no-one's done one yet, and there's not much left to do anyway!

With weather and cancellations on a scale not seen for yonks, here's what's left in week 22 (at time of writing):

Tuesday 19:45
Stoke v Fulham

Just got a feeling about Dempsey for this one. :wink: Even though he may only start on the bench, keep the faith and star him. Go on, trust me :wink:

Saturday 15:00
Arsenal v Everton
Wigan v Aston Villa

Looks 95% like Wigan will go as it's subject to an early morning pitch inspection after undersoil heating failed! No snow news from Arsenal on Friday which was a bit odd but seems like they're pretending it's all fine. Snow overnight might change that, but if it goes ahead Fab is still out so anyone with Arshavin or Eduardo could be in for a flurry of points while others may be forced to star Vermaelen or Gallas or a risky Cahill.

Saturday 17:30
Birmingham v Man United

The club and authorities seem happy, and if there's only one match going ahead this weekend this is my bet for it. Chance for Rooney to make the few managers without him suffer again then, or can Birmingham's defence freeze him out?

Sunday 13:30
West Ham v Wolves

See Arsenal above re lack of snow news. But I think snow in London Saturday night has a high chance of putting paid to this one. Not that many TFFO managers will care. :wink:

Monday 20:00
Man City v Blackburn

With snowmageddon set to last well into next week this game is probably at a massive risk too, especially with it being an evening game when it'll be colder. Expect more news on this on Sunday / early Monday - but if it does go ahead it looks like a great chance for anyone with Tevez or Bellamy to steal a march.

Lord knows how long this cold snap is going to go on for! At present, who'd bet against Drogba et al coming back in a few weeks and not having missed any games?! :lol:

mike_d99
Grumpy Old Man
Location: cut down like a vegetable by your hard kickin mother who's an animal
FS Record: 269th TFF 08/09, 11th TFFO 08/09, 49th TFFE 08/09, 50th Elephant 10/11, 92nd Sky Sports 10/11

Re: Week 22 aka Snowmageddon

Post by mike_d99 »

Cheers for the write-up Reds!

I'm so unenthused by the lack of action that I haven't even bothered setting my teams up yet. Was planning applying a few transfer-shaped plasters to my lesser squads, but not much point now :lol:

I'd have thought the city match is very unlikely to go ahead. All the snow that caused the postponement during the week is still there, and now it's frozen solid. According to the Met Office, we're due more snow overnight, heavy snow on Sunday and on Monday....guess what? :P

Personally, I'm just hoping that my star man scores five goals and everyone else's doesn't play ;)

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

Wigan vs Villa has gone as well now.

Fuseballah
Treebeard

Post by Fuseballah »

seems like all weekend fixtures have gone... except Arsenal/everton Brum/Man Utd

:lol: well there is the African Cup of Nations to look forward to at least

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

Maybe I should have kept Drogba for longer.

Fuseballah
Treebeard

Post by Fuseballah »

I was contemplating taking him out on monday...for Tevez maybe, but seeing as the snow has set the premiership back, and with Adebayor on his way home.. Drogba might be back soon, if Angola security lapses again.

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Eduardo * and Cahill assist for my team so far today. Think that is 15 points.

mike_d99
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 269th TFF 08/09, 11th TFFO 08/09, 49th TFFE 08/09, 50th Elephant 10/11, 92nd Sky Sports 10/11

Post by mike_d99 »

Ashers wrote:Eduardo * and Cahill assist for my team so far today. Think that is 15 points.
Donovan got the assist for Everton's goal.

12' Goal! Arsenal 0, Everton 1. Leon Osman (Everton) header from the centre of the box to the top left corner. Assisted by Landon Donovan with a cross following a corner.

Seriously, use the TFF match centre for your assist info or you're just wasting your time:

http://telegraph.jumpmediagroup.com/MatchCenter.aspx

FrankieFrog
Treebeard

Post by FrankieFrog »

mike_d99 wrote: Donovan got the assist for Everton's goal.
That was the first goal.

Cahill assisted the 2nd Everton goal.

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

mike_d99 wrote:
Ashers wrote:Eduardo * and Cahill assist for my team so far today. Think that is 15 points.

12' Goal! Arsenal 0, Everton 1. Leon Osman (Everton) header from the centre of the box to the top left corner. Assisted by Landon Donovan with a cross following a corner.

Seriously, use the TFF match centre for your assist info or you're just wasting your time:

I suggest you check this as well, because there were 2 Everton goals

mike_d99
Grumpy Old Man

Post by mike_d99 »

Ashers wrote:
mike_d99 wrote:

I suggest you check this as well, because there were 2 Everton goals
Sorry Ashers, for some reason I forgot it was 2-2 and not 1-1 :oops:

What can I say, it's been a long day! :lol:

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

That's ok Mike99 and sorry if that came across aggressive.

Does Evra's cross count as a assist (no mention in match centre)

reds363
Dumbledore

Post by reds363 »

No assist for Evra (it was an OG, there are no OPTA assists for own goals), but he did get MOM to make up for it! :)

One of three my teams got into double figures yesterday :oops:

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Who was MOM for the Arsenal vs Everton game?

mike_d99
Grumpy Old Man

Post by mike_d99 »

Ashers wrote:That's ok Mike99 and sorry if that came across aggressive.

Does Evra's cross count as a assist (no mention in match centre)
That's ok matey, don't know why I suddenly forgot the score. I was watching MOTD and thought "great ball by Cahill", then I thought "hang on a minute..." :lol:

Denilson was MOM for the Arsenal game (or was last time I looked anyway).

reds363
Dumbledore

Post by reds363 »

Denilson.

Bookmark this link Ashers, it's very handy as it tells you all the official OPTA assists and MOMs: http://footballstats.telegraph.co.uk/MatchCenter.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You can use the drop-down date box near the top right to see yesterday's / last week's fixtures etc.

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Not to bad for my team then:

Eduardo * and Cahill assist - 15 points
Evra - MOM - 4 point
Rooney * and Valencia - 4 points

Plus I moved up to 32 from 56

looneytoon77
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFFO 07/08 15th place, TFF Twitter League 3rd Place 12/13, William Hill MOTM 5 Winner 12/13, William Hill Season Winner 2012/13

Post by looneytoon77 »

Think a few of us with Tevez will be smiling tonight! :)

Fuseballah
Treebeard

Post by Fuseballah »

surely, didnt expect a hatrick and star man...
initially put micah on star...then had to contemplate for 15 mins wether to temporarily replace drogba wit tevez...
in the end i did ...put him on star...and a good return :P

mike_d99
Grumpy Old Man

Post by mike_d99 »

Fuseballah wrote:surely, didnt expect a hatrick and star man...
initially put micah on star...then had to contemplate for 15 mins wether to temporarily replace drogba wit tevez...
in the end i did ...put him on star...and a good return :P
Don't you just love it when a transfer you're in two minds about comes off so spectacularly? 40 points means the transfer has pretty much paid for itself, regardless of what happens in the next few matches.

And in this lowest-scoring of weeks, those points are golden!

MindVampire
FISOhead
FS Record: TFFO - Runner-up 2009/10

Post by MindVampire »

That is going to give me nightmares for a while :!:
I was soooo close to putting Tevez into Mindvampire6 (I hovered over confirm for at least a minute)… this was so predictable… his form and the fact that Cold Pigeon and a few of the other top 10 clearly have him… grrrr. In the end the tortoise on my shoulder convinced me that it's WAY to early in the season to be defensive, especially when I’m just as likely to finish top 10 as I am top3.
Anyway, I am terrible with opportunities lost... so excuse my.... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr f3 s4 w8 c2

Tonight’s scores for me were -4 lowest ( :lol: ), 22 pts average and 42 pts best.

A congrats for those of you that made the Tevez transfer or had done so previously.
And thanks for the snowy write up Reds :wink:
Last edited by MindVampire on 11 Jan 2010, 23:06, edited 1 time in total.

MindVampire
FISOhead

Post by MindVampire »

Writing that felt strangely cathartic… although posting it suggests I’ve fallen into the internet trap of self-important tweeting LOL :P

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 8th TFFO 2008/09

Post by Northernmonkey »

That's rough MV, on this form and with upcoming games hope he doesn't become your nemesis, you must still be tempted to bring him in I know I would! I only had him in 1 side before tonight and wished i'd brought him into more sooner, I added him in a couple of others tonight so had 3 starred in the end. I got 40, 40, 4, -2 and 40, chuffed as my top 2 had him but gotta be nailing a few more 40 pointers like that to get up there. According to most selected list Tevez is only in 13% of sides, assume that's accurate before tonight and probably a bit higher now but anyone who starred can expect a healthy rise. And yes.. cheers for the write up Reds :)

AkNotSpur
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2nd YTM 09/10; 3 TFFO Top 10 finishes; 6th TFCI 2008.

Post by AkNotSpur »

Transferred Tevez into my non-ISO squad (+ TFF & CYKI sides) before tonight's game 8-) . Just wish he was in my top 2 YTM sides and that I hadn't tranferred him out of my best SDT side at the last Window. :cry:

MindVampire
FISOhead

Post by MindVampire »

I wonder if Oddsman transferred him into Iguana? I guess we'll know come the points update as that's one score that's impossible to hide :wink: Presumably FFrog also has him in the odd team...

So, 13% had Tevez... I wonder if that was on Sunday or this morning...
Whatever, I guess 17.3% will have Tevez at the update tomorrow
Anyone else care to predict :)

AkNotSpur
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2nd YTM 09/10; 3 TFFO Top 10 finishes; 6th TFCI 2008.

Post by AkNotSpur »

I would have expected most squads in the Top 100 to already have Tevez as he's been in such good form for the past month and there hasn't been a decent alternative Man City player since Adebayor stopped scoring. Perhaps those with Rooney, Drogba, Defoe and Bent - like my ISO squad - can't afford him without burning 3 transfers. Doing something like Drogba->Tevez & SWP/Ireland/Barry->Lampard requires a lot of spare cash and I doubt if anyone wants to ship out Defoe directly before some nice-looking home fixtures.

I had Zamora in the relevant squad, so it was quite an easy decision to make. The downside was bringing in my least favourite Premiership player - Lee Bowyer (it was him or that Spurs reject-chav Prince dude) - for SWP to get the necessary cash. Cue instant injury, suspension or police cell for Bowyer!

MindVampire
FISOhead

Post by MindVampire »

Interesting AK. Most of my teams were combos of Torres, Rooney, Drogba, Defoe, Bent and Adebayor early season. With the exception of my teams with Adebayor in, there haven’t really been many natural moments for me to bring in Tevez until recently.
I’m very curious to see the top-100 Tevez count when the points are updated later today… :)

As for Zamora… my timing sucked with him in my ISO team as I transferred him in for the Stoke game only for him to get immediately inured. I guess on the positive side, it at least prompted me to dump him for Tevez… something I wouldn’t have otherwise done…

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Very bad night for my team - I have Shay Given and Barry.

Decided to star Given as could not afford Tevez without making a double change.

Think I will now be over 200 points behind first.

Need Defoe to start firing.

Oddsman
FISOhead
FS Record: Daily Mail Winner 2014-15 TFFOSM Winner 2007-08 & 2008-09; TFC 5th 2001; TFF 7th 2009-10

Post by Oddsman »

MindVampire wrote:I wonder if Oddsman transferred him into Iguana?
I think, MV, in your heart of hearts you know the answer to that :D :wink:

Expected a few more, than seems apparent, to make the Drogba/Adebeyor :arrow: Tevez transfers a couple of weeks ago. :?

However - mainly due to the frustration of the weekend inaction - probably a few made the Tevez tweak last night.

Belated thanks for the write-up reds.

looneytoon77
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFFO 07/08 15th place, TFF Twitter League 3rd Place 12/13, William Hill MOTM 5 Winner 12/13, William Hill Season Winner 2012/13

Post by looneytoon77 »

Back into the top 100 after last night's 40 points from Tevez, no doubt i will be out of it again by this time tomorrow as have no cover in the Brum / Portsmouth games...

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Telegraph Fantasy Football Online Squad Manager (TFFOSM)”