To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Week 20 Part 1

A Fantasy Football forum for news on Telegraph Fantasy Football Online Squad Manager (TFFOSM) - formerly TTF, TFFO & TPLO. For Telegraph Newspaper games see forums above.
Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 8th TFFO 2008/09

Re: Week 20 Part 1

Post by Northernmonkey »

Papa Giddy wrote:First time I've been on here in ages - and thought I'd post a Congratulations and good luck message for NorthernMonkey on the imminent arrival... Top work Jonny. Hope everything goes well for you and your good lady wife. Do you know what you are having or is it a surprise?

Hope everyone here has had a good christmas and is expecting a good and successful new year.

All the best
Paul
Cheers Paul, appreciate it and top to see you on here again. Would be fab if it's more than a cameo appearance :wink:

We're still waiting for it to happen, due date was yesterday so can't be far away and enjoying a bit of calm before the storm at the mo! Gone for a surprise contrary to last time, so no idea what we're having which we're really excited about.

Been playing a very straight bat over the festive period in case I get called away, but has it's advantages as 4 starred Rooneys tonight meant all my sides got in 30's and 40's. Will need some luck at the weekend, should be ok to find someone in the main flange but the other 3 standalones involving the big 4 may be a bit sparce! Finally got a side in top 100 before the year's out with my ISO side in 63rd this morning, a couple of others just outside with a lot more subs left which are probably better bets. Definitely encouraged by how much they've gained over the last few weeks though and seem to be catching teams which looked miles ahead only recently.

Gutted about the Glenn Johnson news as he features in all my teams, now gotta decide what (if anything) to do with him. The full backs are hardly racking up the points and if he's only out a couple of months tempted to just leave him be :?

Happy new year everyone :)

Worm
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: 5th TFFOSM 07/08, 466th FPL 12/13

Post by Worm »

MindVampire wrote:For the final Flange :D of 2009 I scored: Lowest 26 pts, average 36 pts and highest 44 pts.
Nice work in getting your nose back in front MV. Hopefully that 44 was for your leading team, or at least the 36 average :?:

I keep playing a game of cat & mouse with my top 2 teams after another swing towards one of my non ISO teams that saw them fetch 43. (Think Valencia may of been stiff to miss out on MOM) :roll: Other scores were 33, 31 (ISO) & 17. Star to Asharvin over Rooney for that "17" & punished accordingly :evil: Back in 1700th with that mob, so not too perplexed. Should of just named them Worms Experiment in hindsight :wink:

Not good news on Johnson. Transfer warranted me thinks if prognosis hits over a month out :roll:

Throw in KPB & Santa may have left us on a sour note :cry:

Happy new year guys 8-)
Last edited by Worm on 31 Dec 2009, 11:31, edited 1 time in total.

Worm
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Worm »

Northernmonkey wrote:
Papa Giddy wrote:First time I've been on here in ages - and thought I'd post a Congratulations and good luck message for NorthernMonkey on the imminent arrival... Top work Jonny. Hope everything goes well for you and your good lady wife. Do you know what you are having or is it a surprise?

Hope everyone here has had a good christmas and is expecting a good and successful new year.

All the best
Paul
Cheers Paul, appreciate it and top to see you on here again. Would be fab if it's more than a cameo appearance :wink:

We're still waiting for it to happen, due date was yesterday so can't be far away and enjoying a bit of calm before the storm at the mo! Gone for a surprise contrary to last time, so no idea what we're having which we're really excited about.

Been playing a very straight bat over the festive period in case I get called away, but has it's advantages as 4 starred Rooneys tonight meant all my sides got in 30's and 40's. Will need some luck at the weekend, should be ok to find someone in the main flange but the other 3 standalones involving the big 4 may be a bit sparce! Finally got a side in top 100 before the year's out with my ISO side in 63rd this morning, a couple of others just outside with a lot more subs left which are probably better bets. Definitely encouraged by how much they've gained over the last few weeks though and seem to be catching teams which looked miles ahead only recently.

Gutted about the Glenn Johnson news as he features in all my teams, now gotta decide what (if anything) to do with him. The full backs are hardly racking up the points and if he's only out a couple of months tempted to just leave him be :?

How about Insua for Johnson NM :?: Frees up plenty to splash on a non performer in your teams trying to break into the top 100 outside of ISO.

MindVampire
FISOhead
FS Record: TFFO - Runner-up 2009/10

Post by MindVampire »

Worm wrote:
MindVampire wrote:For the final Flange :D of 2009 I scored: Lowest 26 pts, average 36 pts and highest 44 pts.
Nice work in getting your nose back in front MV. Hopefully that 44 was for your leading team, or at least the 36 average :?:
My top team scored 32 pts and my next two highest scoring teams scored 44 each... I can't complain with that (although I wouldn't have minded your 53 :lol: )

And I fear you're right about Johnson... having just looked at the injury type on Physioroom.com... I wouldn't be surprised to see him out for 6 - 12 weeks... EEK!

I do like the idea of the Insua swap :wink:

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

32 and 33 for the flange.
42 and 43 for week 20 Part 1.

Hopefully tonight I should have regained those places I lost last night.

I really hope 2010 brings me more TFFO luck....

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 8th TFFO 2008/09

Post by Northernmonkey »

Worm wrote:
Northernmonkey wrote:

All the best
Paul

How about Insua for Johnson NM :?: Frees up plenty to splash on a non performer in your teams trying to break into the top 100 outside of ISO.
Also liking the Johnson :arrow: Insua swap Worm to free up some cash, a bit risky but he seems to be holding down his place and I'll probably do in a couple of sides where I could do with the money. Can't argue with a regular top (cough) 4 full back for £3.0m can you. Where subs are a bit thinner just weighing up if it's worth it come the end of the season, very rarely star a full back and been trying to save my subs for tinkering strikers especially with the FA Cup coming up. All depends what news comes out about Johnson as their fixtures this month are decent but Feb's are a bit rubbish anyway. If he's expected back by say the end of Feb then he'd still have 11 or so games left and only 2 of which are against the current top 8, Johnson could still score big come the end of the season compared with most replacements.

Edit: also rumours than Lennon's out for a month. Dropping like bloomin' flies!

Fuseballah
Treebeard

Post by Fuseballah »

and how does Rooney get MOTM over Valencia?
I know he was infuential but Valencia was involved in almost everything....
being bias is not far from these staticians.......
never the less i can't complain, having starred rooney in the top team. :twisted:

Worm
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Worm »

MindVampire wrote:
Worm wrote:
My top team scored 32 pts and my next two highest scoring teams scored 44 each... I can't complain with that (although I wouldn't have minded your 53 :lol: )

And I fear you're right about Johnson... having just looked at the injury type on Physioroom.com... I wouldn't be surprised to see him out for 6 - 12 weeks... EEK!

I do like the idea of the Insua swap :wink:
Ahhhh.......the school boy antics continue :evil: After all the patience I have kept in reserve for Eduardo, I go & leave him on the bench for last nights game :roll: I was positive I had him selected :oops: Also did not realise that Valencia was only awarded 1 assist so I went from 53 to 43 for the night. Dissapointing, but we live to fight another day. (Glad it wasn't my ISO team) :!:

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

My team is like a YoYo

16 to 96 this week and now back to 56.

Shame I took such a hit in week 20

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Telegraph Fantasy Football Online Squad Manager (TFFOSM)”