To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Manager of the month strategies

A Fantasy Football forum for news on Telegraph Fantasy Football Online Squad Manager (TFFOSM) - formerly TTF, TFFO & TPLO. For Telegraph Newspaper games see forums above.
MindVampire
FISOhead
FS Record: TFFO - Runner-up 2009/10

Manager of the month strategies

Post by MindVampire »

Back by popular demand... for what it's worth:

Read the terms and conditions for the dates of the particular manager of the month you are going for… they are not always a calendar month!!

Then, I start off by copying the month’s fixtures into a spreadsheet and group them into flanges. I highlight any teams that may be playing less or more during the month.
I look for favourable runs of matches for high scoring teams and I look for the incidences where a favourable run ends for one team at a time before another team that is due to start it’s favourable run has played in that weekend (for my pre-planned transfer use).

I look for the teams that I think will get the most clean sheets during the month. I then choose the teams I’ll pick defenders from ensuring that I won't be benching any defenders during the month.
Then I start by marking who I think will be the best scoring attacking players in every flange (based on quality, form and opposition (later I may return here due to cost)). With 10 outfield player slots, I'll generally then cover every flange with an outfield-attacking player as a starting point and fill up any remaining places with players from teams that play extra fixtures, form players and if necessary an enabler (whilst making sure I don’t bench any players during the month).

Obviously there is the usual iteration between players that I predict will do well and budget. I then consider the pre-planned transfers I may make… this will allow for better player choices earlier in the month (as I don’t have to cover later flanges from my starting 18). Planning this way will also gain the extra game from the transferred in player.
I will then pick my defenders. Sometime, so as not to put all my defensive eggs in one basket, I choose defenders from 2 or 3 teams. One or two of those would normally have some value defenders (like Dunne/ Warnock/ Friedel from AVL for example).
I then juggle attackers and defenders in the squad to find the right balance.

There are probably other considerations too that don’t quite jump into mind, but the above system (it’s not as ridged as it sounds) has won me MOM and scaled down has won me MOW prizes before. Oh and often if I have a block defence or 3 defenders from a team I will star a defender if in a stand-alone flange. Depends on the match as usual I guess.

Elliptical
Kevin and Perry

Re: Manager of the month strategies

Post by Elliptical »

Go straight through Falken's Maze!

MindVampire
FISOhead
FS Record: TFFO - Runner-up 2009/10

Re: Manager of the month strategies

Post by MindVampire »

I can't believe it, Jim. That girl's standing over there listening and you're telling him about our back doors?

Mister Potato Head! MISTER POTATO HEAD!! Back doors are not secrets!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Telegraph Fantasy Football Online Squad Manager (TFFOSM)”