Steve Smith 12 10 Lee Evans
Braylon Edwards 8 9 Joey Galloway
Tight Ends
Alge Crumpler 7 6 Chris Cooley
Kickers
Adam Vinatieri 9 7 John Carney
defence/STs
DST Colts 10 19 DST Bears

The NFL website has this one favoured heavily for the bears.... i dont see it that way.... the qb's points could be close, though my fear is with LDT and the bears defence. LDT could do some reps and then get pulled. However his desire to play and extend his records may push him on to another great score. At least SD still have to push on for homefield advantage. The bears however may play a second string defence... quite a number of starters are suffering with injuries, and having nothing to play for is a worry. The secondary backup didnt look to good in the second half against tampa...i hope they get it together and push for a starting place in the playoffs

Gore should post big numbers again. Lee Evans has a good rapport with Losman, and are still in the hunt, and galloway linked up well with the new starter rattay. TE cooley is hit and miss, while carney should get scoring opportunities with the NO offense looking to bounce back from last week

CY team could post big... and then again could completely falter... the weather in NY could affect Brees stats, though i think his rb's will do well especially westbrook. Steve smith needs a big game to keep Carolina in it though they have struggled with the qb getting him the ball. Crumpler will get a lot of recptions if vick decides to go sensible and not gungho to his ineffective wr's.. as for the colts well its anyones guess as to what defence will turn up

Could be a close one... could be a rout... who knows :!: :?:

crystal tips
Red & Blue Braces

Post by crystal tips »

For what its worth I'd go for the Brogie Bears - I don't think much of the Colts defence and Ron Dayne has run well the last 3 weeks.

CanaryYellow
FISO Knight

Post by CanaryYellow »

Here we go, good luck Brogie, dont get too greedy one champiosnhip ring is plenty for one year. :wink:

CanaryYellow
FISO Knight

Post by CanaryYellow »

I have 7 players in the early games to Brogies 5. Then he has 2 in the late games before sweating over Brian Westbrook on Xmas day.

I'll settle for being no worse than 20 points behind at the end of today to at least give myself a chance.

CanaryYellow
FISO Knight

Post by CanaryYellow »

Houston march down the field and score a TD against the Colts on their first possession. Oh dear.

brogie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by brogie »

looks like ladell betts is keeping you in this one

CanaryYellow
FISO Knight

Post by CanaryYellow »

Fancy Steve Smith having -5 total yards. :cry: Not looking good this, i need a big lead before your 3 big guns come out and your 4 donkeys + Bears DST are outscoring my 7.

CanaryYellow
FISO Knight

Post by CanaryYellow »

Watching on a 30 minute delay so i cant keep up live anymore. No doubt a good thing.

brogie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by brogie »

another td for betts and a td for detroit... oh dear :roll:

brogie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by brogie »

td for lee evans :P

CanaryYellow
FISO Knight

Post by CanaryYellow »

Ok i cheated and looked up the final scores. Carolina threw the ball 7 times? what is all that about? Has a team every thrown the ball fewer times in a game. That'll inspire the backup QB wont it. :evil:

The Colts gamble blew up in spectacular fashion, no sacks, no ints and no TDs. That said the Raiders DST only managed 10 and the Bills are on 3 so i hardly shot myself in the foot.

I think you have this one in the bag Brogie with Palmer, Gore and LDT still to come. Dont run up a cricket score and force me to amend that biggest victory margin record of yours in the hall of fame now will you. :cry:

brogie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by brogie »

palmer has thrown 2 picks.... and no yardage for LDT.... it aint over .. till its over :shock:

Looking back for my team against angel :cry: should have went for bush instead of benson :x ...injuries have cost me in that one ( fragile fred may have run all over buffalo)

CanaryYellow
FISO Knight

Post by CanaryYellow »

Im sat here shaking my head in disbelief. That panthers game, my other WR scoring 0, 3 points for Crumpler, 2 for my DST its a minor miracle im even close.

If LDT doesnt pickup the pace (he surely will with Rivers playing badly again, SD will ask him to win it for them) it might yet be close. Still rather be sat in your shoes than mine.

CanaryYellow
FISO Knight

Post by CanaryYellow »

Crikey that team in Angels final :shock:

I didnt realise the strength in depth you had. That is a mighty squad. Good job you dont like TE's.

CanaryYellow
FISO Knight

Post by CanaryYellow »

TD for Javon Walker, MrsY getting excited.

More pins going into the San Diego doll....

brogie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by brogie »

big run by LDT ... needed a td though :x

brogie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by brogie »

frank gore td for SF... looks like its all over... in this one :) ... however angel a BIG favourite in other one... LDT touchdown just pulled back for a face mask :cry:

CanaryYellow
FISO Knight

Post by CanaryYellow »

Urgh, ive been crushed. My title reign is over. Now hoping the wife can bring at least one ring home for Christmas. I'll settle for the joint best regular season record with a team that was far from the best and a more than respectable defence. Everyone knows how hard it is to repeat championships. :wink:

My draft picks:

1. Portis
2. Westbrook
3. Smith
4. Moss :shock:
5. Warner :shock:

Makes you wonder how i made it this far doesnt it? Well done Brogie, i think we can pen you in as the winner of this altho fancy winning it all and being the only person to lose to the Pigeons. :?

viddleodge
sir goatus australis
FS Record: now 2nd highest ever weekly score at Goalsneak.com.au

Post by viddleodge »

sounds like it's cheers to brogie.
well done, that sir. :wink:
hopefully next next year we can get tom4nash playing this too. :)

CanaryYellow
FISO Knight

Post by CanaryYellow »

Brogie's Bears won the The FISO 12 Championship by a score of 96 to 59 over CanaryYellow. Frank Gore led the team in scoring in the championship round and LaDainian Tomlinson led the team in scoring for the season. Congrats once again to Brogie's Bears on a terrific Fantasy football Season. Hope to see you all next year!

Mark1886
Grumpy Old Gooner
FS Record: Tinkerman, average to poor

Post by Mark1886 »

Nice one Brogie, the highest scoring team of the season won, so fair enough. Unlucky to the other playoff contenders, getting to the playoffs is a good achievement in its own right, you know. :wink:
See you all next year, hopefully.

Karrde
Sir Stormtrooper
FS Record: Profitable

Post by Karrde »

viddleodge wrote:sounds like it's cheers to brogie.
well done, that sir. :wink:
hopefully next next year we can get tom4nash playing this too. :)
Congrats to Brogie. Nice work 8-)

Ive had fun playing this game, and will be happy to play again. However if there is a genuine fan with real knowledge of the game who wishes to join then I will step aside. As someone who doesnt know the game at all, I would hate to occupy a roster space when there is a real fan out there who can add more.

Cant believe I made it all the way to the final week without entering the record books in a negative way... then blew it :lol:

porgey
Red & Blue Braces

Post by porgey »

Congratulations to Brogie.

Given the various earlier discussions about Fantasy NFL being decided by a large portion of luck (re head-to-head matchups, a short 16 game season and nasty propensity for star players to get injured) it's good to say that the strongest team won!

Roll on the playoff challenges for the Otters to regain some pride.

brogie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by brogie »

Who is going to set up the fiso 12 this year. was it CY last year? probably worthwhile seeing when people are available for the live draft even at this early stage

I presume it will be first call to those who participated last year., though it looks like we should have enough interest to have at least a couple of leagues again this year

CanaryYellow
FISO Knight

Post by CanaryYellow »

I think its fair to ask last years 12 to get first refusal on the 12 spots since everyone has demonstrated that they play the game regularly and a number of us have played together for a number of years now.

If anyone else fancies a crack at fantasy NFL, AKNel setup a 2nd league last season, the empty slots were then filled by a few of us running a second team. We may even have enough for a 3rd league this year? Everyone is more than welcome, just there is a limit of 12 teams per league.

Im sure some people will be happy to make up numbers in running n extra team in any extra leagues if nescessary.

I wouldnt mind coming up with some better names for the various leagues we do setup tho without them sounding like one is superior to another. Fiso league 1, 2, 3 etc is not so good.

FISO AFC North, FISO NFC south might be a bit better maybe?
Last edited by CanaryYellow on 30 Jun 2007, 13:26, edited 1 time in total.

X-Man
Dumbledore

Post by X-Man »

brogie wrote:Who is going to set up the fiso 12 this year. was it CY last year? probably worthwhile seeing when people are available for the live draft even at this early stage

I presume it will be first call to those who participated last year., though it looks like we should have enough interest to have at least a couple of leagues again this year
It's the highlight of my fantasy year...you can forget the rest...
:D

I would be happy to have a couple of teams in different leagues - I gave up my second space last year in a gesture of altruistic FISO brotherhood...

crystal tips
Red & Blue Braces

Post by crystal tips »

CY are you setting up the league again this year? And yes I think a rename sounds about right.

CanaryYellow
FISO Knight

Post by CanaryYellow »

We never had to bother naming it before since we never had more than 12 people in it. Thinking about it, it was me who set it up, i remember emailing codes out.

I'm happy enough to do it again.

brogie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by brogie »

good idea on the league names cy. perhaps the two guaranteed leagues could be the FISO AFC Conference and the FISO NFC Conference. if their is interest in another league then it could be the FISO Rookie Conference or FISO Europa, with the winner and r/up getting elevated to the big leagues the following year

CanaryYellow
FISO Knight

Post by CanaryYellow »

Did you know NFL Europe became a thing of the past this week?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy NFL”