To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

NFL FF Live draft - FISO's Dirty Dozen

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy National Football League (American Football) games
brogie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by brogie »

think you'll find i rate him... should bloody well too after what he did to us in last years playoffs :cry:

CanaryYellow
FISO Knight

Post by CanaryYellow »

Well as no-one seems to like my squad i may as well just resign the whole lot and win both with the same team. :twisted:

viddleodge
sir goatus australis
FS Record: now 2nd highest ever weekly score at Goalsneak.com.au

Post by viddleodge »

aw, hell.
missed out.
if anyone changes their mind, pm me & i'll take your place.
cheers

X-Man
Dumbledore

Post by X-Man »

viddleodge wrote:aw, hell.
missed out.
if anyone changes their mind, pm me & i'll take your place.
cheers
I'm happy to 'share' a team with you viddleodge. We'd have to work out the practicalities but it seems a shame to miss out...

X-Man
Dumbledore

Post by X-Man »

On the basis that I always enter a couple of cash leagues I have offered my spot to Viddleodge. Problem is that I can't seem to disband my team. It looks as though I have to join another league...Any suggestions?

CanaryYellow
FISO Knight

Post by CanaryYellow »

Create you own private league then dont fill the spots maybe?

X-Man
Dumbledore

Post by X-Man »

CanaryYellow wrote:Create you own private league then dont fill the spots maybe?
The only problem with that is that you only get three team per log in and I don't want to have the faff of having two log ins...(I'll do this if that's the only pratical solution... :cry: )

CanaryYellow
FISO Knight

Post by CanaryYellow »

How many leagues/teams have you entered?

X-Man
Dumbledore

Post by X-Man »

CanaryYellow wrote:How many leagues/teams have you entered?
Just the two so far.

CanaryYellow
FISO Knight

Post by CanaryYellow »

Well there you are, drop X-Men 2 out of this league and create a new one for XM2 to join. One login, one league which will vanish when you dont fill it anway (presumably).

X-Man
Dumbledore

Post by X-Man »

CanaryYellow wrote:Well there you are, drop X-Men 2 out of this league and create a new one for XM2 to join. One login, one league which will vanish when you dont fill it anway (presumably).
Yes that's the way I'll go...Any idea when the league will vanish? Presumably when I set the draft date for tomorrow and there is just 1 team) he says answering his own non-rhetorical question :lol: )

X-Man
Dumbledore

Post by X-Man »

I'm gone - a little bit sad because I enjoy the craic.

I have a suggestion (feel free to dismiss me out of hand :lol: )

Can I be the independent trades arbitrator for this league?

CanaryYellow
FISO Knight

Post by CanaryYellow »

I reckon when the draft time arrives and you are all alone it'll just vanish. Either that or you will be joined by 11 statto Americans who will tut every time you draft. :lol:

AKNel1
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: pretty dire with occasional moments of genius

Post by AKNel1 »

X-Man wrote:I'm gone - a little bit sad because I enjoy the craic.

Seems fair enough to me - any objections

viddleodge
sir goatus australis

Post by viddleodge »

X-Man wrote:I'm gone - a little bit sad because I enjoy the craic.

thanks for that x-man.
i owe ya one!
pumped now that i'm in this draft.
cheers

:D

viddleodge
sir goatus australis

Post by viddleodge »

alright! i'm 6th this time. :)
ready to roll again, folks?

CanaryYellow
FISO Knight

Post by CanaryYellow »

Ive been ready since 3.30 seeings as i was convinced we were starting at 4pm. I even woke angel up as at 3 so she didnt miss it. She was not amused.

AKNel1
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by AKNel1 »

20 minutes to draft time - for those lucky 12 to be involved - get your arses over to the Draft room pronto..........

viddleodge
sir goatus australis

Post by viddleodge »

CanaryYellow wrote:Ive been ready since 3.30 seeings as i was convinced we were starting at 4pm. I even woke angel up as at 3 so she didnt miss it. She was not amused.
oh dear!
well, she's first.

nastynursesxi
Wideboy

Post by nastynursesxi »

good draft......heres the end product for the Nasty's!!!

QB: Brady (NE), Brunell (WAS)

RB: Jordan (OAK), Droughns (CLE), Bell (DEN), McAllister (NO)

WR: Holt (STL), Driver (GB), Smith (DEN)

TE: Troupe (TEN), Putzier (HOU)

K: Feely (NYG)

DEF: Falcons, Bengals

I might be hanging on the waiver wire over the next couple of days to try and make a few minor changes, but I'm happy enough with the overall makeup of the team. Good luck to everybody.

CanaryYellow
FISO Knight

Post by CanaryYellow »

If you want to remain optomistic for the season its best not to ask AKNel or me to RMT.

viddleodge
sir goatus australis

Post by viddleodge »

well, i got;

Manning, Peyton QB IND
...Kitna, Jon QB DET

Dunn, Warrick RB ATL
Williams, Cadillac RB TB
...Addai, Joseph RB IND

Fitzgerald, Larry WR ARI
Curtis, Kevin WR STL
...Clayton, Michael WR TB
...Jones, Matt WR JAC

Crumpler, Alge TE ATL
...Smith, Alex TE TB

Elam, Jason K DEN

Panthers, DST DST CAR
...Redskins, DST DST WAS

pretty happy with that other than the wide receivers. hmmm.
looking forward to the first game, @ peterborough alchemy.

good luck all.

nastynursesxi
Wideboy

Post by nastynursesxi »

CanaryYellow wrote:If you want to remain optomistic for the season its best not to ask AKNel or me to RMT.
Not a problem......I'm confident enough that what I have will stand upto most scutiny (apart from my 2nd TE !!!!!)

CanaryYellow
FISO Knight

Post by CanaryYellow »

You gotta be kidding, i have two of the elite WR in the NFL in the other draft game and AKNel tore them to shreds, so much so i am now the Steve Smith fanclub simply to prove him wrong.

nastynursesxi
Wideboy

Post by nastynursesxi »

Its all a matter of personal opinion until the season starts and we really get to see which players will live upto all the hype.......all of my picks are based on projected stats/hunches that may or may not happen......I'm glad I got Brady though....Go Pats !!!!!

CanaryYellow
FISO Knight

Post by CanaryYellow »

AKNel1
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by AKNel1 »

CanaryYellow wrote:You gotta be kidding, i have two of the elite WR in the NFL in the other draft game and AKNel tore them to shreds, so much so i am now the Steve Smith fanclub simply to prove him wrong.
Randy Moss is no longer an elite WR top 15 at best.

Steve Smith has had one great post-season - in regular season he has always been streaky, some weeks a World beater others you'll be lucky if he breaks 5 points. He also tends to be a big game player IF the Panthers struggle he'll disappear.

AKNel1
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by AKNel1 »

nastynursesxi wrote:good draft......heres the end product for the Nasty's!!!

QB: Brady (NE), Brunell (WAS)

Brady and the Pats could well be on the slide. Decent pick but you'll regret not taking a RB.

Brunell is a nice safety valve

RB: Jordan (OAK), Droughns (CLE), Bell (DEN), McAllister (NO)

First 3 are poor picks IMO wouldn't be surprised if they all fail to hit 1000 yards. Deuce is interesting, good upside if the knee holds up and if he can keep Reggie riding the Pine

WR: Holt (STL), Driver (GB), Smith (DEN)

3 solid veterans, a few years ago this would have been fiercesome, unfortunately we're not playing Retro NFL FF

TE: Troupe (TEN), Putzier (HOU)

Awful

K: Feely (NYG)

He kicks outdoors, on grass, in a windy stadium and has a penchant for missing gamewinners.

DEF: Falcons, Bengals

2 nice picks but you don't win NFL FF with defence

I might be hanging on the waiver wire over the next couple of days to try and make a few minor changes, but I'm happy enough with the overall makeup of the team. Good luck to everybody.

There are worse teams, unfortunately for you there are better teams too.

AKNel1
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by AKNel1 »

viddleodge wrote:well, i got;

Manning, Peyton QB IND
...Kitna, Jon QB DET

Peyton is, well he's Peyton, arguably the only QB who should be drafted in R1.

Kitna's a gamble - good luck

Dunn, Warrick RB ATL
Williams, Cadillac RB TB
...Addai, Joseph RB IND

Nice pair of starters although Dunn may lose goalline carries to Duckett. Addai is another gamble, may be next year before he usurps Dominic Rhodes

Fitzgerald, Larry WR ARI
Curtis, Kevin WR STL
...Clayton, Michael WR TB
...Jones, Matt WR JAC

Fitzgerald is good he makes Kurt Warner look good, no easy task these days. Curtis is a bit risky if as suggested the Rams go Rush happy. The other two are potentially good, maybe very good.

Crumpler, Alge TE ATL
...Smith, Alex TE TB

Lumbering Alge will post good points for a TE.

Elam, Jason K DEN

Always a good pick, kicking at altitude means his kicks fly further, which will get him an extra 6-10 FG successes every season.

Panthers, DST DST CAR
...Redskins, DST DST WAS

A couple of nice DST's

pretty happy with that other than the wide receivers. hmmm.
looking forward to the first game, @ peterborough alchemy.

Life could get tricky when you have to start bringing in the backups.

good luck all.

AKNel1
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by AKNel1 »

For any other team shredders here are my motley crue

I'm much happier with the team I've got from this draft here's how I rate it round by round

round 1 - Steven Jackson RB, having taken on board the comments about St Louis suddenly becoming a power rush team, I took an educated gamble on Jackson - not overkeen on him as a player, probably because the Hawks have to stop him twice a year and it's bloody difficult.

round 2 - Julius Jones RB, Jones has kind of crept up on fantasy managers over the last season or two and could well be a definite first round pick come next season if he can avoid injuries and produce the figures he expects too.

round 3 - Roy Williams WR, decided to pass on TE Antonio Gates as I felt a number of WR's still onthe board would post better fantasy points. Gates also has to overcome the teething problems of essentially a rookie QB. Williams is a nice pick though obvious #1 receiver at his team, playing in a weak division on a team with a balanced Offence.

round 4 - Santana Moss WR, I predict that Santana will score more FF points than Randy Moss this season. A pretty good pick for round 4 giving me a pretty potent front 4 on it's day

round 5 - Tony Gonzalez TE, Almost certainly in the twilight of his career and rumoured to be spending more time blocking these days. quality player though who on his day will outscore some of the best receivers.

round 6 - Kevin Jones RB, If Jones was at almost any other club bar Detroit he would likely be a 2nd or 3rd round pick - to get him at the top of the 6th as a #3 RB was simply too good to miss, provided he can get back to the form of his rookie season after a poor year last term

At this point in my draft the computer was commandeered by Lady Nelson and then one of the Nelson youth, forcing me to pile up players in a draft queue. How did this pan out....

round 7 - Drew Brees QB, Brees is a legitimate starter based on his final season in San Diego. I believe he has better receivers in New Orleans as well as potentially 2 of the best receivers out of the backfield in Duece and Bush. I could have this horribly wrong but we'll see.

round 8 - Jake Plummer QB, He'll be consistent in Denver and if Brees doesn't work out in NO he's good enough to start - may be a Game week decision each week as to who starts

round 9 - Terry Glenn WR, How did that happen, no way should Glenn still have been on the board this late - yes his numbers should dip with TO in town but on the other hand with TO drawing double teams every week Glenn must surely be able to get open.

round 10 - Lee Evans WR, Another player who could post 1,000 yards still on the shelf this late - thankyou very much guys a fantastic option at WR 4

round 11 - DST Bills, Hmmm not over pleased with this pick but we'll see

round 12 - DST Jets, Hmmm makes the Bills pick look good hopefully one of them will overperform (weren't the Bills listed at #21 in the NFL draft list?)

round 13 - Josh Brown K, Always nice to have a 'Hawk on board. Brown has a great leg and regularly boots 50+ yarders. Seattle should post plenty of points which will see JB close to double figures most weeks.

round 14 - Bubba Franks TE, Always a throwaway pick. Will keep him on board until Gonzo's bye week (wk 3) and then he's toast

On the whole this look's a damned good team. Once again I've avoided the Swiss Army brigade, it's a tough enough league without going in with niggling injuries. Haven't really looked at everyone else's just yet although I thought Brogie was having another good draft and was quietly impressed with Red Five Diehards early round picks.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy NFL”