To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

NFL.com AFC Championship 2007/08

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy National Football League (American Football) games
brogie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by brogie »

Brogie's Bears (Brogie) has won the East, and Canary Yellow (Canary Yellow) has won the Central.

The West remains a cloudy affair as does the wildcard spot.

Xman(Xman) holds the edge in the West with a one game advantage over Cincinnati Goats (Viddleodge) and Seoul Survivors (AKNel). Victory for xman over the otters and the title is his. Defeat will leave the door open for the winner of the goats/survivors in what would be a winner takes all senario due to a stronger divisional record if xman succumbs to the otters.

As for the wildcard spot, if Love Me True (Crystal Tips) wins then he gets the spot. Defeat for LMT would mean that he will be cheering on xman to victory as that result would also guarantee the wildcard spot as xman is the only wildcard contender with a comparable points for record. The goats and the survivors only chance of progression is to take the western title as they do not have a good enough points for record to progress in the wildcard spot.

There you go, hope youre as lost as i am :lol:

Last weeks results and next weeks fixtures are as follows

viddleodge
sir goatus australis
FS Record: now 2nd highest ever weekly score at Goalsneak.com.au

Post by viddleodge »

thanks brogie.
good game porgey.
i nearly blew it there.
keep up the good work :wink: (vs x-man :) )
tis all or nothing now.
going for gold - score well aknel. :wink:

calc
FISOhead

Post by calc »

God, this NFL. How does a 3-10 team beat a 10-3 :wink:

viddleodge
sir goatus australis

Post by viddleodge »

ahhhrgh! just missed out. :(

well done, crystal tips.
you got the wildcard. :wink:

when i looked at the status of my match with aknel yesterday i was way behind. i thought 'no way' can colston single handedly win this week for me. but 21 pts. :D if only i'd picked him in home team challenge. :roll:
a win this week was looking pretty unlikely after having no quarterback! :shock: bulger sidelined as expected but i brought vince young [0] for kurt warner [21]. :cry:

and my 2 dst plan flopped as i started the cowboys [3] instead of the colts [24]. :?

but parker, colston, edwards, welker, and witten did great. still, there's no point playing tuesday morning quarterback down the keg & pretzel.

week 15 is the first round of the playoffs..

and it's;

Love Me True(crystal tips) at Brogie's Bears (Brogie)
X-Men (x-man) at at CanaryYellow (ah, c y :))

good luck, lads.

viddleodge
sir goatus australis

Post by viddleodge »

so, week 14;

CanaryYellow 68 at The Devils 89
Mark1886 109 at Golden Angels 85
London Otters 113 at X-Men 122
Seoul Survivors 89 at Cincinnati Goats 94
THE BLUE LIONS 88 at Love Me True 82
Brogie's Bears 160 at Go Ahead Pigeons 74

standings;

East Division
Team W L T PCT GB Strk Div Wks PF Back PA
Brogie's Bears 10 3 1 0.750 0 W9 4-1-1 4 1590.0 0.0 1341.0
Love Me True 8 6 0 0.571 2.5 L2 3-3-0 3 1432.0 158.0 1208.0
Go Ahead Pigeons 7 7 0 0.500 3.5 L3 2-4-0 0 1208.0 382.0 1403.0
THE BLUE LIONS 6 7 1 0.464 4 W2 2-3-1 1 1207.0 383.0 1261.0

Central Division
CanaryYellow 10 4 0 0.714 0 L1 5-1-0 1 1259.0 331.0 1218.0
Mark1886 7 7 0 0.500 3 W1 3-3-0 2 1300.0 290.0 1203.0
Golden Angels 6 8 0 0.429 4 L2 2-4-0 0 1147.0 443.0 1246.0
The Devils 4 10 0 0.286 6 W2 2-4-0 0 1108.0 482.0 1249.0

West Division
X-Men 9 5 0 0.643 0 W2 4-2-0 2 1477.0 113.0 1269.0
Cincinnati Goats 8 6 0 0.571 1 W3 5-1-0 1 1274.0 316.0 1211.0
Seoul Survivors 7 7 0 0.500 2 L2 3-3-0 0 1219.0 371.0 1235.0
London Otters 1 13 0 0.071 8 L4 0-6-0 0 994.0 596.0 1371.0

power rankings;

Rank Team Record Points Brkdn Power
1 Brogie's Bears 12 12 12 36
2 X-Men 10 11 11 32
3 Love Me True 8.5 10 10 28.5
4 Cincinnati Goats 8.5 8 9 25.5
5 CanaryYellow 11 7 7 25
6 Mark1886 6 9 8 23
7 Seoul Survivors 6 6 6 18
8 Go Ahead Pigeons 6 5 5 16
9 THE BLUE LIONS 4 4 4 12
10 Golden Angels 3 3 3 9
11 The Devils 2 2 2 6
12 London Otters 1 1 1 3

X-Man
Dumbledore

Post by X-Man »

Well done to all - this league has been very competitive.

I think Brogie has this league locked up...put it this way I'd rather be playing CY than one of the other two play-off teams... :lol:

calc
FISOhead

Post by calc »

Yep, thanks for letting me participate. I really enjoyed playing. Had a bad year overall but am sure I can improve markedly in 2008.

Best of luck to those left. Got to say my money's on Brogie too.

CanaryYellow
FISO Knight

Post by CanaryYellow »

X-Man wrote:Well done to all - this league has been very competitive.

I think Brogie has this league locked up...put it this way I'd rather be playing CY than one of the other two play-off teams... :lol:
We shall see over the weekend if that statementreturns to haunt you or not. :twisted:

crystal tips
Red & Blue Braces

Post by crystal tips »

viddleodge wrote:ahhhrgh! just missed out. :(

well done, crystal tips.
you got the wildcard. :wink:

when i looked at the status of my match with aknel yesterday i was way behind. i thought 'no way' can colston single handedly win this week for me. but 21 pts. :D if only i'd picked him in home team challenge. :roll:
a win this week was looking pretty unlikely after having no quarterback! :shock: bulger sidelined as expected but i brought vince young [0] for kurt warner [21]. :cry:

and my 2 dst plan flopped as i started the cowboys [3] instead of the colts [24]. :?

but parker, colston, edwards, welker, and witten did great. still, there's no point playing tuesday morning quarterback down the keg & pretzel.

week 15 is the first round of the playoffs..

and it's;

Love Me True(crystal tips) at Brogie's Bears (Brogie)
X-Men (x-man) at at CanaryYellow (ah, c y :))

good luck, lads.
My money is on Brogie too :!:

brogie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by brogie »

there seems to be a major punt on my guys.

Cue the collapse :lol:

Good start with johnson picking up 14

not a great start for the xman in his grudge match against cy, with the broncos D getting spanked and only picking up 2pts

X-Man
Dumbledore

Post by X-Man »

brogie wrote:there seems to be a major punt on my guys.

Cue the collapse :lol:

Good start with johnson picking up 14

not a great start for the xman in his grudge match against cy, with the broncos D getting spanked and only picking up 2pts
DST has been my weakness this season...

I'm struggling in the game but I think that our two scores added up wouldn't be the winner of your contest... :shock:

brogie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by brogie »

starting to get worried by my lot. Galloway is having a bust of a day. 7 yds, and it doesnt look like winslow will be doing anything in the snow in cleveland. I need LT to put in one of his usual games, and Portis to get decent figures

X-Man
Dumbledore

Post by X-Man »

CY needs 40+ yards for 4 points from Sidney Rice to win it...Is it right that 3 points would mean that I win on the basis of higher points scored in the regular season or is it on record? :?

brogie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by brogie »

Both games in the FISO championship could still swing either way in tonights game.

Love Me True 109-95 Brogie's Bears

The big time favourite is up against the ropes. With 14 pts to surpass, i have the dilemma in supporting my bears against a dst i need to create havoc on them to win this tie. The way the bears have played this year it may not be too hard for the vikes to rack up the required 15 pts :oops:
Jackson finally proved his top 3 draft pick for crystal tips and Fargas surprised most. The pats dst also chipped in impressively. If brogie fails then the disappointment will be the zero pts from the previously impressive joey galloway and the fact kellen winslow got stuck in the cleveland snow

XMen 73-70 Canary Yellow

Another tight affair that could swing either way. CY needs three pts to lock up a final spot. Only problem he is relying on rookie wr sidney rice. rice has three td's on his last five games, though is just as likely to perform like he did the last time out against the bears, 13 yds. Tony Romo and the broncos dst were the huge disppointments for xman, while antonio gates and the steelers mucked up big time for cy

X-Man
Dumbledore

Post by X-Man »

brogie wrote:starting to get worried by my lot. Galloway is having a bust of a day. 7 yds, and it doesnt look like winslow will be doing anything in the snow in cleveland. I need LT to put in one of his usual games, and Portis to get decent figures
Still in with a good shout Brogie although Vikings will have to do the business in relation to your beloved Bears...FF or real life - the choice is yours... :wink:

brogie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by brogie »

X-Man wrote:CY needs 40+ yards for 4 points from Sidney Rice to win it...Is it right that 3 points would mean that I win on the basis of higher points scored in the regular season or is it on record? :?
CY just needs the three pts as the rules state
During the playoffs, there are no ties, and the team with the highest number of points scored by its 'reserve' (bench) players in that playoff game will be the winner. If this doesn't break the tie, then the team with the higher playoff seed gets the Win.

His reserves lead 47-32

X-Man
Dumbledore

Post by X-Man »

brogie wrote:
X-Man wrote:CY needs 40+ yards for 4 points from Sidney Rice to win it...Is it right that 3 points would mean that I win on the basis of higher points scored in the regular season or is it on record? :?
CY just needs the three pts as the rules state
During the playoffs, there are no ties, and the team with the highest number of points scored by its 'reserve' (bench) players in that playoff game will be the winner. If this doesn't break the tie, then the team with the higher playoff seed gets the Win.

His reserves lead 47-32
Ah...then I'm probably done for... :(

X-Man
Dumbledore

Post by X-Man »

CanaryYellow wrote:
X-Man wrote:Well done to all - this league has been very competitive.

We shall see over the weekend if that statementreturns to haunt you or not. :twisted:
On the basis that I would have lost to either of the other teams (as would you :wink: ) I think it's fairly safe to say that I was sound in my predictive skills... :wink:

brogie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by brogie »

brogie wrote:Both games in the FISO championship could still swing either way in tonights game.

Love Me True 109-95 Brogie's Bears

The big time favourite is up against the ropes. With 14 pts to surpass, i have the dilemma in supporting my bears against a dst i need to create havoc on them to win this tie. The way the bears have played this year it may not be too hard for the vikes to rack up the required 15 pts :oops:
Jackson finally proved his top 3 draft pick for crystal tips and Fargas surprised most. The pats dst also chipped in impressively. If brogie fails then the disappointment will be the zero pts from the previously impressive joey galloway and the fact kellen winslow got stuck in the cleveland snow

XMen 73-70 Canary Yellow

Another tight affair that could swing either way. CY needs three pts to lock up a final spot. Only problem he is relying on rookie wr sidney rice. rice has three td's on his last five games, though is just as likely to perform like he did the last time out against the bears, 13 yds. Tony Romo and the broncos dst were the huge disppointments for xman, while antonio gates and the steelers mucked up big time for cy
Back in the land of the living after sitting up to watch another miserable bears offensive performance. unfortunately the bloody vikings didnt capitalise enough for me to progress to the final

Love Me True 109 at Brogie's Bears 108
The vikings came up just two points short. they hassled the bears offensive but despite creating plenty of fumbles, they couldnt recover the ball. Well done to crystal tips in upsetting the odds and reaching the big one. Alas I have relinquished my title after a good fight.

X-Men 73 at CanaryYellow 71

The vikings also came up short for cy. sidney rice could only muster one catch for 10 yds as the real bears D decided to finally show up, stifling the vikings passing game. Xman is on for the double. can he go one step further than brogie last year? Poor cy fails at the playoffs in both games this year 8-)

crystal tips
Red & Blue Braces

Post by crystal tips »

Brogie it couldn't have been any closer. Unfortunately for the final I have lost Fargas who has been stacking up the points for me in recent weeks. A re-think is needed.

CanaryYellow
FISO Knight

Post by CanaryYellow »

Good luck in the final both of you. I have just about gotten over losing 3/4 playoff games. Losing to crappy scores in 2/3 just rubbed salt in the wounds, of all the weeks for Antonio Gates to shove in another of his no-shows. :cry:

viddleodge
sir goatus australis

Post by viddleodge »

and crystal tips vs x-man in this one.

so x is the man of the moment in nfl stuff this season.
while c y would be a narrow 2nd maybe.

X-Man
Dumbledore

Post by X-Man »

viddleodge wrote:and crystal tips vs x-man in this one.

All due respect to CY but what about Brogie - 'Bowl contender in one and beaten play-offs in the other...? :?

Generally speaking this game is a bit of a lottery - especially in the championship games. Alchemists were clearly the best team in The Dirty Dozen and Brogie was most fearsome in the AFC - neither made the Superbowl - go figure...

CanaryYellow
FISO Knight

Post by CanaryYellow »

I dunno why they dont have 2 week playoffs like ESPN. I wouldve beaten the #1 team if it had been 1 week but he collared me over 2. Seems much fairer.

That said only my ESPN team was truely any good, neither of my nfl.com sides were great so i wont lose much sleep over their demise. If i lose fox sports i might tho, i've only lost once all season and that was week 2.

viddleodge
sir goatus australis

Post by viddleodge »

X-Man wrote:
viddleodge wrote:and crystal tips vs x-man in this one.

All due respect to CY but what about Brogie - 'Bowl contender in one and beaten play-offs in the other...? :?

Generally speaking this game is a bit of a lottery - especially in the championship games. Alchemists were clearly the best team in The Dirty Dozen and Brogie was most fearsome in the AFC - neither made the Superbowl - go figure...
yes, i thought of brogie but didn't write him in as 3rd.
c y is top of home team challenge in addition to making 2 league playoffs so i popped c y in as 2nd. but it's only my humble opinion of course. :)

should we have a vote? :wink:

brogie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by brogie »

Love Me True 113 X-Men 97

Congratulations go to crystal tips and his team Love Me True. He leads the big one by 16pts with one still to play. He has continued his impressive playoff form with big games from big ben, steven jackson and aaron stecker. Xman posted a respectable score with big games from boldin and steve smith.

CanaryYellow
FISO Knight

Post by CanaryYellow »

Well done Crystal Tips. I knew Ben would lead someone to a superbowl. :wink:

crystal tips
Red & Blue Braces

Post by crystal tips »

Thanks.

viddleodge
sir goatus australis

Post by viddleodge »

congrats, crystral tips.
commiserations, x-man.

X-Man
Dumbledore

Post by X-Man »

Congrats Crystal Tips - You had a much better all round squad and were one of the two stand out teams.

Thanks for another great season everyone - no drop outs and given some of the records it might have been easier to have done so... :wink:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy NFL”