To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Sky to show NFL Total Access every day from may

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy National Football League (American Football) games
brogie
Grumpy Old Man

Sky to show NFL Total Access every day from may

Post by brogie »

:D
NFL Draft 2007 – The NFL Draft is now less likely to be shown live on the weekend of April 28–29, but it is highly likely that instead there will be a two hour roundup show to be shown on the evening of Sunday April 29. We are also working on a scenario that the draft could be shown live interactively via the red button on one of their Sky Sports channels.

NFL Total Access – NFL Network’s flagship show will be shown every day in a fixed time slot – or as close as possible with considerations for live sport that may overlap with it on occasions. If we can conclude contract details soon I would expect that NFL Total Access coverage would begin in early May.

Other NFL Network programming will be available through the summer and into the 2007 NFL season on Sky Sports channels. We are still working on what those shows will be and the timings of those with Sky. Although the anticipated live UK televising of the NFL Draft in 2007 looks unlikely, we have it in writing that the draft will be shown live in 2008 and future years.

Statement on NFL Network programming on Sky

X-Man
Dumbledore

Post by X-Man »

wooohooooo :D :D :D

almost makes up for them losing the golf!!!

CanaryYellow
FISO Knight

Post by CanaryYellow »

Great stuff, i really liked watching the pre-game stuff on NASN when we had it.

brogie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by brogie »

despite its excellent game coverage, sky has really pissed me off this year with regards to nfl programming. previously we had game coverage with sky and buildup with nasn. looks like sky spat the dummy out when setanta started to pick up golf and premiership football, and decided to nab all the nfl coverage.
They have promised the nfl programming with a big song and dance in conjunction with NFLUK. Despite promises and more promises still no NFL programming :evil:

A substandard draft highlights package was rushed out when the compliants came in. we had no nfl europa coverage, not even the final. hardly coincidental that nfl europa is no longer to be with us.
and still no sign of what is to come :roll:

brogie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by brogie »

:D :D :D
After months of waiting it looks like we will be finally getting nfl programming in August as well as 6 preseaon games. Also looking forward to seeing the America's game series

From a post by one of the moderators on the NFLUK webiste

Re:Alistair Kirkwood Q&A
« Reply #133 on: Today at 03:38:57pm »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As promised, I have a reply of sorts for you all regarding your Q&A questions for Alistair Kirkwood, although we do not yet have all the information in place to answer these individual questions. Nothing is absolutely definitive, as the final legal talks are going on this week, but conscious that you want to know something I can give you the following details, although please note that it is not all set in stone.

Assuming that the latest Sky agreement is signed after the legal meetings this week, I can confirm the following:

Firstly, that NFL Network programming will begin on Sky at the start of August. This will include NFL Total Access every day in and out of season between Tuesday and Sunday shown the day after its US broadcast (it goes out live in the US at midnight) with at least one showing between 9pm and midnight each night. The other NFL Network coverage - which will continue during the off-season - will include shows like America's Game, Who Is?, Top 10 and Playbook.

Secondly, there will be six preseason games shown live on Sky during August. Details and fixtures to be confirmed.

Thirdly, there will be the same number of interactive games every Sunday night during the season on Sky as there were in 2006.

Terrestrial negotiations should be completed in the next fortnight. If everything continues as it appears to be going, you should expect - at minimum - the same type of service you received in 2006. Also, I can confirm that through a mixture of Pay TV and terrestrial coverage all Sunday Night and Monday night football games will be available in the UK.

This has been by far the most difficult TV rights negotiations by the NFL in this market. We have had several curve balls thrown at us during the time we have been in negotiations, but we are confident that the details above will be released as confirmed information in the next two to three weeks. We are also working on one surprise which could be very popular with forum posters!

I am aware that this still leaves some of your specific questions sent in during the Q&A unanswered. I think what we will probably do is set up another TV specific Q&A once the announcements have been made in which you can send us any questions which remain outstanding after that point. I apologise to those of you who sent your questions in previously, but I hope that at least some of your questions on TV coverage have been answered above

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy NFL”