Golden Angels 1 11 0/ 8/ L5/ 0-4-0

East Division
Team W L T GB Strk Div
Brogie's Bears 6 6 0/ 0/ W1/ 4-0-0
Usual Suspects 4 8 0/ 2/ L1/ 1-3-0
L.A.BIAS 4 8 0/ 2/ L4 /2-2-0
Go Ahead Pigeons 3 9 0/ 3/ W1/ 1-3-0

Division Champions;

Brogies already in playoffs as East div. Champs, due to superior divisional record. (edit; LA BIAS can equal Brogies record with 2 wins, and 2 losses for the Bears, but the Bears have more points scored)
Canary can clinch Central title with a loss this week for Wealdstone Wasters, and the Yellows win.
X-Men can win the West division with a loss for PA Knights, and a win against Destination Hawaii.

Wildcard berth in the playoffs;

4 teams are in with a chance of the one wildcard spot, if results don't go the way of the Central and West division leaders this week, make that 6 teams vying for 3 playoff places.

Wildcard contenders (if Canary and X-Men win their divisions)

Guildford PA Knights; 8/3/1
Wealdstone Wasters; 8/4 half a game behind leader
London Otters; 7/4/1 one game behind leader
Pleasant Hill Goats; 7/5 one and a half games behind leader

Guildford PA and Pleasant Hill are in a massive matchup this week, the Goats have to win to have a chance of reaching the playoffs, the Knights want to win keep the pressure on X-Men, and also to have a winner takes the title game vs X-Men next week.
Wealdstone looks to have the easiest game of all the playoff contenders this week, but will have to have a good showing against the improving Angels to win. A loss means no playoffs this year, if the Knights win.
The Otters have a difficult week 13 game, against a Canary team striving for the divisional title. As with Wealdstone, a loss coupled with a win for the Knights, will effectively end the season.

Good luck to everyone

porgey
Red & Blue Braces

Post by porgey »

Some crunch matches are still very close going into the final hour of SUnday's games (Late game and MNF excluded)

Come on the Angels! :wink:

brogie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by brogie »

Knights and goats must be pissed off when Xmen's opposition cant be bothered looking for any replacement qb's. Destination Hawaii has both Leftwich and McNabb.... Why? especially mcnabb

X-Man
Dumbledore

Post by X-Man »

brogie wrote:Knights and goats must be pissed off when Xmen's opposition cant be bothered looking for any replacement qb's. Destination Hawaii has both Leftwich and McNabb.... Why? especially mcnabb
...or swap a kicker that is playing for one that isn't (he would have beaten me :oops: :? ).

That's the problem of having a game which is played on a divisional basis. Once you're out of the running there isn't a great deal of incentive to keep playing (other than honourable reasons). The divisional system does have other anomalies though. It is entirely conceivable that you could win the whole thing with a losing record, whereas I could still be knocked out with the highest points score... :?

But this game is irritating for all sorts of reasons, particularly leaving players on the bench who score more than the rest of your team put together :cry: :cry:

porgey
Red & Blue Braces

Post by porgey »

X-Man wrote:
brogie wrote:Knights and goats must be pissed off when Xmen's opposition cant be bothered looking for any replacement qb's. Destination Hawaii has both Leftwich and McNabb.... Why? especially mcnabb
...or swap a kicker that is playing for one that isn't (he would have beaten me :oops: :? ).

That's the problem of having a game which is played on a divisional basis. Once you're out of the running there isn't a great deal of incentive to keep playing (other than honourable reasons). The divisional system does have other anomalies though. It is entirely conceivable that you could win the whole thing with a losing record, whereas I could still be knocked out with the highest points score... :?

But this game is irritating for all sorts of reasons, particularly leaving players on the bench who score more than the rest of your team put together :cry: :cry:

The best scenario (and I have seen it in other games) would be to have one or both wildcards decided on the Highest Season Points score amongst those teams that have not qualified through their divisional record.

Mark1886
Grumpy Old Gooner
FS Record: Tinkerman, average to poor

Post by Mark1886 »

Unfortunately, the game as a whole is a bit of a lottery. Having just the highest points scorers would penalise players like me, who on various weeks have had players injured (or just not picked the right ones :( ) I would go for the power breakdown to determine the playoffs. Using high scores, overall record and your performance compared to everyone each week. imho, its a fairer system.

CanaryYellow
FISO Knight

Post by CanaryYellow »

Golden Angels DST scores 48 :shock: to give her a second win of the season. Mrs Yellow has been celebrating all morning.

Spencer4
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: 2008/9 FPL 172nd, 2007/8 TFF 6th, Vid's Predictions winner 2014/5, Fiso TFF Hot shots champ 2015/6, murfs Egg chasers winner 2017 & 2024, winner PB's last man standing golf comp 2018, 2024 Fisodas champion

Post by Spencer4 »

CanaryYellow wrote:Golden Angels DST scores 48 :shock: to give her a second win of the season. Mrs Yellow has been celebrating all morning.
I see the underdogs are having their time. You had a close one CY.

CanaryYellow
FISO Knight

Post by CanaryYellow »

We arent talking about my game, 1 more lousy yard for Alexander last night and id have drawn, and made the playoffs.

Mark1886
Grumpy Old Gooner

Post by Mark1886 »

CanaryYellow wrote:Golden Angels DST scores 48 :shock: to give her a second win of the season. Mrs Yellow has been celebrating all morning.
Quite right too, i've never seen such a great score from a DST, well played.

porgey
Red & Blue Braces

Post by porgey »

Thanks to the Seahawks, the Central division now seems to have as many permutations as Benfica's Champions League group last night!

Onwards and upwards..

CanaryYellow
FISO Knight

Post by CanaryYellow »

There are no perms, i'm gonna slaughter the wifes team and steal a division i feel i dont deserve to win.

porgey
Red & Blue Braces

Post by porgey »

Fix Fix Fix! :lol: :P

CanaryYellow
FISO Knight

Post by CanaryYellow »

Believe me, the wife would like nothing more than to beat me. The real competition is the home team challenge between the 2 of us. I dont think there has been more than 40 points between us all year.

porgey
Red & Blue Braces

Post by porgey »

Well that last message was tongue in cheek.

I dont think the Otters have done quite enough to deserve a playoff spot anyway. But thanks to the Seahawks, including Stephen Alexanders 49 yards, we still have a chance 8)

CanaryYellow
FISO Knight

Post by CanaryYellow »

Well that was 2 highly unlikely semi final results.

X-men defeated Guildford PA Knights by just one point. Going into MNF Samkon Gado needed just 6 points, and he had 4 into the 2nd quarter. Gado got injured and didnt return. Couple that with the fact the Bucs DST scored a season low 1 point, and he would've beaten me or Brogies Bears had he played us, and i think Mark can count himself a little unlucky.

A see-saw encounter between me and Brogie saw me taking a big lead after the early games, only for Paul to take the lead back after the late games. I needed 10 points from Todd Heap in the MNF game. He had managed that just 3 times in 12 games. A TD early in the 1st quarter gave me hope and Heap eventually wound up with 2 TD's and 23 points to send me into the final.

So the 2 teams with the best record in the regular season have found themselves in the final with some good fortune.

X-Men have a 9-6 record against CanaryYellow and have outscored me thru the season by 78 points. My one hope is the 113-56 demolision when we met in the regular season, perhaps i match up well!

I have a shocking set of matchups next week so i install X-Men as my 2/5 favourites with CanaryYellow available at 7/4.

brogie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by brogie »

Congrats Canary Yellow

Thought i had a good chance after sunday nights game. Didnt expect Heap to 'heap' up the points. Then again should have expected him to do the damage against an inept Pack defence. Difference came down to our tight ends with Randy McMichael not doing enough against a poor jets team

Good luck in the final... I'm left with cheering on the bears on christmas night to a divisional title and send favre into retirement. Good to see we may have an offense finally with grossman back in the frame and now named the starter. Maybe my 25/1 for the NFC and 55/1 for the superbowl could have a chance :?:

Mark1886
Grumpy Old Gooner

Post by Mark1886 »

CanaryYellow wrote: So the 2 teams with the best record in the regular season have found themselves in the final with some good fortune.
Sorry Canary, i had the best record during the regular season, thats why i played X-Men who was the wildcard(who would of thought that would happen, i did'nt)

Yet again my downfall is Running Back injuries, to take nothing away from my opponent, who has been bloody awkward to get the better of all season. Good luck in the final to you both, i'll get yer next season. :lol:

CanaryYellow
FISO Knight

Post by CanaryYellow »

Ahhh i just looked at the standings which for some reason have had our playoffs added to them, you are right of cause. My second straight year in the superbowl perhaps i can go one better this year.

Reading last years thread, Corey Dillon scored 24 to overturn Xmen's 22 point lead on me to send me into the playoffs (then just the top 2).

porgey
Red & Blue Braces

Post by porgey »

Being back at my Sky-enabled parents home for a few days over Christmas means that I can finally see some live NFL football for the first time in a couple of months :D

Nice to see the 2 best-performing teams reach our final.

Well done and good luck to both of you.

Mark1886
Grumpy Old Gooner

Post by Mark1886 »

Congratulations Carl, a fine victory over the unfortunate X-Men.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy NFL”