To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

NFL chat 2023/24 season

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy National Football League (American Football) games
blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

NFL chat 2023/24 season

Post by blahblah »

Here we go, and far more interesting than the EPL, imho - but that could just be as the EPL is a tad jaded.....
Last edited by blahblah on 22 Aug 2023, 11:04, edited 4 times in total.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Re: NFL chat 2019/20 season

Post by forestfan »

I started a thread earlier in the week with some thoughts/predictions, in the sports talk forum I think... still, as long as one gets some use...

Antonio Brown to the Patriots the latest blockbuster move. Everything just seems to fall perfectly for them, you sense Belichick will somehow keep him in line.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Sorry, I didn't see that and I do use "New Posts"...

The AB thing is very odd and not much adds up for me. He had his "out" and then apologised..... My guess is that the "lost guarantee" letter arrived after the apology and before the Gruden Phone Call vid, which I thought was a spoof, but seems to have been genuine. I'm a bit surprised the Pats are paying that much up front, and I'm far from convinced that AB believes BB will kick him out. I expect it to go bang, but not to impact the Pats too much, and no idea what happens to AB.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

re Predictions: I was thinking of a last 6 in each Prediction type of thing, which could still start before Thursday?

I am loaded up with PFF info 8-) :lol:

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Foles injured in first game, the Jags now with a rookie in at QB...

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Browns are after the record for most yards in pens :(

Robinson LT ejected from their dodgy OL....

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Miami 0-16 odds falling rapidly.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

forestfan wrote: 08 Sep 2019, 19:20 Miami 0-16 odds falling rapidly.
Not sure why as today is hardly a surprise.... did anyone go for Ravens in Sp4's Comp? :wink:

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

blahblah wrote: 08 Sep 2019, 19:22
Not sure why as today is hardly a surprise.... did anyone go for Ravens in Sp4's Comp? :wink:
Well, we expected they would be crap, but to ship 35 before HT?

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

blahblah wrote: 08 Sep 2019, 19:18 Browns are after the record for most yards in pens :(

Robinson LT ejected from their dodgy OL....
And in his absence Mayfield is brought down for a safety, and seemingly injured as well.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

forestfan wrote: 08 Sep 2019, 19:23
42 now, they are tanking with no shame.....

Not sure how Washington are beating the Eagles, but hey ho they have a shiny young QB :lol:

It looks my Browns Jinx is alive and well :oops:

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

blahblah wrote: 08 Sep 2019, 19:30

Not sure how Washington are beating the Eagles, but hey ho they have a shiny young QB :lol:
Who isn’t even starting...

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

forestfan wrote: 08 Sep 2019, 19:32
blahblah wrote: 08 Sep 2019, 19:30

Who isn’t even starting...
But they do have one :lol:

I'm genuinely worried about tiny Kyler, but then he could have played Baseball....

Baker is a tough cookie :lol: 107 Pen Yards now :shock:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

The Pens keep coming in Cleveland :roll:

The Vikings clipping, well ripping off, the Falcons wings is a bigger shock than Washington who have been brought back to level by the Eagles.

Falcons were one of my tips for the season, but then that is more due to their first 13ish matches indoors than today.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

To quote the Bunnymen:

Am I the shall in potential or am I the suck in cess
and
All My colours turn to brown

Hopefully this is the slap they need, but the OL is pants (can they afford Trent Williams?) and the kitchen could be sending out the wrong orders - notto mention the endless stram of Penalties.....

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

forestfan wrote: 08 Sep 2019, 19:08 Foles injured in first game, the Jags now with a rookie in at QB...
Broken Clavicle apparently...

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

blahblah wrote: 08 Sep 2019, 21:20
forestfan wrote: 08 Sep 2019, 19:08 Foles injured in first game, the Jags now with a rookie in at QB...
That’s probably half the season then... anyone mentioned the “K” word yet? :wink:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

forestfan wrote: 08 Sep 2019, 21:34
blahblah wrote: 08 Sep 2019, 21:20
That’s probably half the season then... anyone mentioned the “K” word yet? :wink:
Grier was crocked today, and Cam survived - so not yet :lol:

Jags just need a "Game Manager" to let their defence win matches?

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Patriots v Dolphins in week 2. Could be 100 points if Belichick doesn’t follow the unwritten rules of the game... more likely Brady just gets the second half off!

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

had to work all weekend including late last night so have missed pretty much everything.

Sea.
Hawks.

:mrgreen:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

raoul wrote: 09 Sep 2019, 09:48 had to work all weekend including late last night so have missed pretty much everything.

Sea.
Hawks.

Well it just gets better 😂

Darnold has "Mono" which must have an English name but seems to be dome form of Herpes and is known there as the kissing disease. Hmm, I could be tempted to go Cleveland in the Prediction Comp 😱

AB has a sex crime case against him going through the civil court from his former physical trainer. (That's how I first heard of it with No clue if male or female so I'll report it similarly 😉)

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

blahblah wrote: 12 Sep 2019, 20:04
raoul wrote: 09 Sep 2019, 09:48 had to work all weekend including late last night so have missed pretty much everything.

Sea.
Hawks.

Darnold has "Mono" which must have an English name but seems to be dome form of Herpes and is known there as the kissing disease.
Glandular fever, in English, I believe... usually lasts a few weeks I think but in some cases can have long term effects and has ruined the occasional sporting career before.

Siemian is a decent backup, was seen as a viable starter at Denver a couple of years ago before losing his way.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

forestfan wrote: 12 Sep 2019, 20:30
blahblah wrote: 12 Sep 2019, 20:04

Sea.
Hawks.

Darnold has "Mono" which must have an English name but seems to be dome form of Herpes and is known there as the kissing disease.
Glandular fever, in English, I believe...
How dull 😢

More amusingly a work GP misdiagnosed me with this and literally ran back against a wall and screamed for me to get out and see my GP. That one laughed and sent me for blood tests at local hospital, where I was sent to the corridor to wait and infect loads of people, rather than put to the front of the queue....

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Whoops that was Mumps :lol:

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Cam seems a shadow of his former self at the moment... will he be the next Luck?

TheTon
FISO Knight

Post by TheTon »

I wouldn’t be too concerned with the Darnold injury, the better news for the Jets is Le’Veon Bell getting the all clear from an MRI. He has a heavy work load in that offence, and that’ll just get even heavier with Darnold out.

New England, even at this early stage, just look a cut above. They don’t even need AB, just a joke team - like Man City of the PL. Yet to see if there is a Liverpool that can really challenge them. It’ll need someone to step up big time if they’re to topple the defending champs, or for Brady to pick up a knock in the post season.

Hard to judge how good Baltimore look as that Miami team is absolutely rank awful.

Cleveland...well, did what the Browns do. I believed the hype as well. I still think they’ll come good, and wouldn’t back against a winning record by the end of the campaign.

Goff needs to shake off some rust for me. Couldn’t get his arm going properly in the opener. Gurley’s reduced work load could be beneficial long term as they massively missed him in the post season, and could’ve cost them a super bowl.

Dalvin Cook lead the Vikings to a solid W in week 1. They’ll be a good team to watch this year if they can continue to develop a strong running game alongside the deep ball threats they have (need Diggs and Thielen fit and firing)

And how about them Cowboys! I expected NY to put up a little more resistance, but Dallas have all the offensive weapons they need. They only eased Zeke in last week and still won at a canter. Gallup looks like a legit #2 WR as well

In fantasy terms, I need to bench ONE of the following this week, so any advice greatly appreciated...

Le’Veon Bell (NYJ) vs Cleveland *not practiced, slight injury concern, will be main man if on the field

Chris Carson (Sea) @ Pitts Big *target on the ground and through the air. Played 77% of the snaps last week

Marlon Mack (Ind) @ Tennessee *who I drafted early as I think he’ll be a huge weapon in that Colts offence this season, despite Luck retiring. Was a good call week 1 but will it continue. He’ll get 20-25 carries again

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Glandular Fever can be bad for sportsmen and is responsible for the premature decline of Mark Cavendish.

Looks like a tough call. In theory the Browns and Steelers should be less bad this weekend, and can the Tits play that well again?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Tricky week for Sp4's Comp :(

All the obvious lot to go against have opponents with tastier fixtures and PO mathes to come.....

re Sam's Mono: it is highly likely that he won't be the only Jet to get it as he was contagious for a fair while before Weds\Thurs and they could well infect a Brown or 3?

TheTon
FISO Knight

Post by TheTon »

This Green Bay defence is something to enjoy. Properly under the pump for 3 quarters after the offence retired on 21 for the evening. Great divisional win for the Packers, gonna be tough to call that one this year.

My 49ers have started strong, despite injuries to all their running backs! Big game from Jimmy G tonight

Problems for Pittsburgh as they go 0-2 and Big Ben hobbles off with an elbow injury

Cowboys secure their second win as they continue to impress. Dak with another 269y through the air with 3 TD’s, and he ran another 69y himself

Giants in big trouble. Love the look of Buffalo this year though. Exiting rookie’s stepping up early doors

Fournette fails with a last ditch game wining dive for the line as the Jags get edged out by Houston. Watson becomes leading QB for rushing TD’s in franchise history

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

The GB match was weird, and I sense a few honest words being said. If Felr and Rodgers can work together then 8-)

Jimmy G looked a lot better from Red one and 2 away wins?

I have found a Prediction Site if people are interested..... I only got 3 of the early ones wrong, including the arguably unfortunate Jags.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy NFL”