To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

NFL chat 2018/19 season

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy National Football League (American Football) games
blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Re: NFL chat 2018/19 season

Post by blahblah »

Haven't Baltimore shed some defenders?

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

But gained Earl Thomas.

Mark Ingram also adds a real RB to a glorified one.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Post by forestfan »

George R.R. Martin isn’t happy about the Giants trading Becks...

http://georgerrmartin.com/notablog/2019 ... ll-me-now/

Winter is coming for NYG? :wink:

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

KHunt suspended 8 Games, so 12 in total. My aged memory had it at more than 4 last season, but hey ho I am used to those grey hair convincing my brain cell that they are blonde.

Obviously I was a tad confused by suspended as I assumed a suspended 8 game ban :oops:

Maybe they should have a look at Ben Rat, TH(r)ill and a host of others too :wink:

In other news the Giants "have a plan" :shock: :lol:

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

blahblah wrote: 15 Mar 2019, 17:45 KHunt suspended 8 Games, so 12 in total. My aged memory had it at more than 4 last season, but hey ho I am used to those grey hair convincing my brain cell that they are blonde.

Obviously I was a tad confused by suspended as I assumed a suspended 8 game ban :oops:

Maybe they should have a look at Ben Rat, TH(r)ill and a host of others too :wink:
Ray Rice must have served his time by now?

NFL players without something dubious on their personal life CV seem in the minority though...

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

blahblah wrote: 15 Mar 2019, 17:45 In other news the Giants "have a plan" :shock: :lol:
Suck for... that college QB kid who is eligible in a couple of years?

Recruit some actual giants? (GRRM would approve of that... not surprising that’s his team given there’s no “Dragons” franchise in the NFL, though he could have opted for the three-eyed Ravens...)

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

forestfan wrote: 15 Mar 2019, 18:15
blahblah wrote: 15 Mar 2019, 17:45 In other news the Giants "have a plan" :shock: :lol:
Suck for... that college QB kid who is eligible in a couple of years?

Recruit some actual giants? (GRRM would approve of that... not surprising that’s his team given there’s no “Dragons” franchise in the NFL, though he could have opted for the three-eyed Ravens...)
Are those GoT references again? :?

I think I am picking the NFL ideas up :shock:

I think that Herbert and Lawrence are eligible next year, and both are safer than Kyler GnoMurray. He may well be better than Baker and M'homie, but he could be really bad, and those out of that decision are the lucky ones. The Cruds have painted themselves into a ridiculous corner by appointing a HC with such a crush on him that I would be shocked if this wasnt addressed at his interview, but I would be lying as nothing shocks me in NFL "management" :lol: Looping back to when I questioned Barkley as a the NYFG's pick I typed something about him being the icing on a cake not the cake, well I have progressed to understanding Quantity vs Quality in drafting and a lil bit about Value Positions etc. In theory the Cruds should be trading down to get some quantity, especially their OL to protect Rosen, then if he is pants they can tank again to get Herbert\Lawrence. I am struggling to understand how Gnome is going to fair much better than Rosen, apart from his scrambling\running which just exposes him to more contact\injury.

https://lettermenrow.com/ohio-state-foo ... -buckeyes/ check out the difference in eye level with the 6'3 Haskins and measure from the bridge of your nose to chin.... The whole over\under 5'10 was ridiculous especially when put with Baker (at an alleged) 6' and 5 8ths is short so Gnome will be OK. Gnome must be nearer 4" shorter than 3?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9uSG2ahvzM (well the fisrt how little I have watched) shows loads of head\neck hits as he is so short, which means a load of penalties but is very risky? I'm no expert, but he seems to throw behind runners quite a lot too and the Receivers on short routes make good catches? If the No 5 cathces your eye, well guess who his Uncle is :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLsV3GB ... annel=null gnome at 1'50 :lol: :lol:

Whoops... back to NYFG:
Eli (and Tate) are a tad expensive to tank with? Or is it going to be lil passes and loads of running as they try to get topost season?
When does Barkley's Draft Contract end? He could be in the position to do an L Bell and walk before they are ready to win?

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Gronk announces his retirement...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... retirement

Tom, Bill, you know it’s time to follow suit... let the Dolphins or Jets win the division with a 7-9 record next season :wink:

Will be interesting to see if the Pats trade up to draft the top TE or make a blockbuster trade for one of the top guys in the league right now, or if they follow their general strategy with WRs and RBs of plucking people off the street and making them look like world-beaters in January and February.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

The NFL close season is more than a tad interesting :lol:

(And such an easy watch on YouTube :| )

Its gone quiet TH(r)ill and his 3 year old daughter's broken arm, which drew chatter on a long ban.

Your last 3 words are spot on as I sense Billy B treats it as a 16 game preseason. Gronk was like 2 players, imho, and with no notable WR's .... But they have a ridiculous number of Draft picks; returning from injury thingy like an extra pick; and Jared Cook hasn't signed with the Saints yet. What did strike me as odd was that despite everyone saying how tight they are: they had next to no Cap space.

The Jets should be a fair whack better than the tanking Dolphins :wink:

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Yeah, even the Bills might be better than the ‘Fins, though there will probably be enough sparks of Fitzmagic to prevent Miami drafting high enough to end their 20-year wait for a decent QB...

The Pats’ thin receiving department (WR and TE) really is striking, it’s basically Edelman plus whoever they can find wandering around Boston and Foxboro who wants a game right now. But they’ll surely strike gold in the draft and/or pick up the odd unheralded free agent who will become a world-beater in the play-offs. They always have a rotating cast of dual threat RBs as well. Barring a Brady bombshell, I still think the only question is whether they will be playing the AFC Championship Game at Gillette Stadium or on the road next season.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

There will be loads of Pass Interference Reviews including those not given on the field next season if they implement the change, and it lasts the whole of the season long trial period.

Chew chew chomp chomp those with WR's who can catch and QB's who can throw more than 20 yards accurately #believeland :wink:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

So it's my 1st Draft Night, and it is as funny\insane as the last few hours before the FF deadlines for season starts here.

I'm hoping the Raiders do something really daft like trade up for Murray and bring in one of his old receivers to join his uncle\cousin as car crash sport is kinda fun.... "Hollywood" seriously? (The other WR Lamb(?) looks better to my untrained eyes.

Metcalf at Green Bay could be interesting as a diversion with enough plays to keep defences double coveraging him.... But he can't really catch and Allen has a wayward big arm so that has comic value re when Allen goes long and actually hits him long does Metcalf catch it? :lol:

On a less flippant note: the more I hear about Murray the more worried (well not actually as I don't know him etc) about him I am becoming. Its the culmination of s lot of little things, but the big one was tonight and noticing his eyes: they either have the distant loom if genius or something more morbid..... Was Arizona's OL any good before they all got injured? Their GM seems to be the worst of SAM, Pullis et al and is clueless re Air Raid and the OL and WR's needed to play it. I can see (well hope for his sake) Murray not signing like Vick or Bo did and were drafted the next year and going to Baseball.

Back to the flippancy: apparently the Redskins owner has stepped in to control their Draft and has some previous of madness 8-). Boselli, Hudson-Othingy etc

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

My first draft too although I may not stay awake for most of it. It has a lot to live up to to rival an NBA draft with lottery build up and tall men wearing garish outfits ( who the hell wears a suit with shorts?)
I expect it'll all work out to predictions but it would be great to see Bengals trade up to get some decent players

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I thought they were top contenders to tank, but started 5 and 1 or something mad last season?

I liked watching Cleveland find new ways to lose and Believeland is beyond brilliant then Baker gets a win from 15-0 down.... That kinda got me interested tbh and the shite he got as first pick was :shock: :shock: :shock:

Tis a tad conflicting as I prefer Rodgers to Brady but Baker to M'homie, but hey ho....

I have learned a bit about humans too :shock:. Simms with Lethkoe was good ie a geek kept in his place and as such interesting. But without he is just someone who wants to be liked unless he has is bring a dog with a bone.....

Magic
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Improving

Post by Magic »

So, who 'won' the draft?

Which teams had the best drafts??

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Jones walked it as he must get more cash for going so high, although the public ridicule must be a bit of a pisser.

Magic
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Magic »

blahblah wrote: 01 May 2019, 10:22Jones walked it as he must get more cash for going so high, although the public ridicule must be a bit of a pisser.
Giants fans are not happy!

I was curious, though, as to what teams people felt had the best draft. Giants probably had the worst one :lol:

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

Magic wrote: 01 May 2019, 12:20
blahblah wrote: 01 May 2019, 10:22Jones walked it as he must get more cash for going so high, although the public ridicule must be a bit of a pisser.
Giants fans are not happy! I was curious, though, as to what teams people felt had the best draft. Giants probably had the worst one :lol:
Redskins :mrgreen:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Bob Newhart wrote: 01 May 2019, 18:10
Giants fans are not happy! I was curious, though, as to what teams people felt had the best draft. Giants probably had the worst one :lol:
:lol:

There seems to be loads of hyperbole(ox) being shouted about it....

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

A bit of a strange draft in that it was so influenced by trades, with a number of teams having no first round pick and some having two or three. The QBs were divisive and it was a defence-heavy class with seemingly little to choose between many of the top prospects.

The Patriots, Jets and Redskins all seemed to get good grades which will wind up Giants fans even more... obviously it will be years before we can fully rate the draft classes, but the early grades are based on filling needs and not picking players much higher than the consensus (and not drafting kickers and punters, where you’ve equal chance of striking gold with a UFA :wink: ). I know teams look for hidden gems, but you need players who can contribute straight away really, from the first two days in particular.

Magic
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Magic »

blahblah wrote: 01 May 2019, 18:43
Bob Newhart wrote: 01 May 2019, 18:10
:lol: There seems to be loads of hyperbole(ox) being shouted about it....
About the Draft? There always is.

What was quite funny was the agreement between the NFL and the Cardinals to keep the #1 pick 'secret' meaning that the league had a big unveiling on the night but the Cardinals lost a ton of potential trade value on Josh Rosen. Wonder if there was a sly backhander somewhere to compensate for this?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I don't give Keim (sp) the intelligence for that, or to have some sort of closed auction with a deadline a little while before the Draft started tbh.

Pick 6 is now getting chatter as a good pick and season starter :lol:

My favourite story is that the Bears had 8 kickers in some sort of Comp, however.... This is so unbelievable that it must be true: the old bod used to practice aiming at a post - is it any surprise that he hit more than any other kicker? :lol: :lol: :lol: It's like a golfer practicing putting by getting the ball to rim the hole and roll back to him\her... So why dump him, rather than the idiot coach who encouraged\allowed this gross stupidity?

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Well, kickers are generally seen as dispensable and it’s hard for them to regain favour with fans and coaches after a season-determining miss. Unless you find a real reliable stalwart (Vinatieri, Tucker, Gostkowski) a kicker’s head is constantly on the block.

Surprised it’s proving that hard to find a replacement though. Teams rarely use draft picks on kickers as decent ones tend to be available as UFAs.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Saw the first article of the season writing off Tom Brady this week... so expect MVP-level form from now until the Super Bowl.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

If he gets those WR's and TE's to the Superbowl then he'll more than deserve it, imho. They (and the Bills) have hardly played anyone in what seems to be heavily skewed schedules this season given those who are tanking.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

blahblah wrote: 24 Nov 2019, 09:34 If he gets those WR's and TE's to the Superbowl then he'll more than deserve it, imho. They (and the Bills) have hardly played anyone in what seems to be heavily skewed schedules this season given those who are tanking.
Apparently his stats over the last 7 games are worse than Trubisky and Rudolph... with a mere 7-5 TD-INT ratio over that time. If he had Gronk and some elite WRs to throw to it might be different, but he clearly can’t carry an offense on his own at 42, even if you’d still back his winning mentality at the business end.

It’s a piss weak AFC as well which could give them a get out of jail free card. But if he gets a seventh ring it might well be similar to Peyton Manning’s win with the Broncos, where he’s basically carried to it by a dominant defence. And then retires to start an era of QB crapness at the franchise that lasts years...

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

It does seem that their WR's and TE's aren't even average and I wouldn't be surprised to see Callaway roll up there, if they can still sign players.

It is more the Bills that benefit from 2x Jets and Dolphins, Giants, Washington and Bangles which is 7 easy matches and an artificial ranking. I'm not sure that easy wins help BB to prepare for post season, and they get 2 easy Bills matches to get to 9.....

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Edelman turns into Jerry Rice every January, so they do have that straw to clutch at...

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Yep, well in theory..... There are too many schedule anomalies to judge them ... However, them vs KC could be something: no Pat Offence vs no KC defence and then great Off vs great Defence.....

Unlike last weekend, there are a lot of tempting matches today. Assuming the Lions stroll to a win, the rest are all "interesting". Who do I start with?

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

blahblah wrote: 24 Nov 2019, 17:36 Yep, well in theory..... There are too many schedule anomalies to judge them ... However, them vs KC could be something: no Pat Offence vs no KC defence and then great Off vs great Defence.....

Unlike last weekend, there are a lot of tempting matches today. Assuming the Lions stroll to a win, the rest are all "interesting". Who do I start with?
Redzone?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy NFL”