To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

NFL Game Season 4

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy National Football League (American Football) games
Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Re: NFL Game Season 4

Post by Mo Bot »

Well played on the playoff thingy and thanks for organising Alchemist. Well played Reds over the season, a worthy winner. Unlucky Maldini although a 20-0 record is not to be sniffed at. I wonder how much cash you'd have if you bet on all of those games.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Post by forestfan »

Mo Bot wrote:Behave yourself Forestfan. Dalton is currently a nearly, nearly man. You surely need to get to a Championship game or Superbowl to be a nearly man.
Yeah, I suppose he's never even won a play-off game, so doesn't really belong in that company, probably in the middle of the road starters category, same probably goes for Alex Smith although he got the 49ers close one year before being ditched for the man now known as Krapernick.

I think the hierarchy (in career terms) among current veteran QBs is probably:
League of his own: Brady
First ballot HOF bankers: Brees, Rodgers, Roethlisberger
Divides opinion but has two rings to his name: E. Manning
Nearly men who still have a chance: Ryan, Romo, Rivers, Palmer
Won a SB but not as good as those four: Flacco
Then the rest, from Dalton and Smith down to the journeymen backups.

In terms of the under-30s it's too soon to judge as they're not half way through their careers, I think only Russell Wilson of the younger ones has a title to his name, a number of them could still go either way. We've been spoilt with this era of QB play really, look back a little over a decade and there were some real nonentities and one-season wonders starting in Super Bowls.

reds363
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 28th 06/07; TFFO 3rd 09/10; TFF 3rd 12/13

Post by reds363 »

Mo Bot wrote:Well played Reds over the season, a worthy winner.
Thanks! A 1 point win, but never in doubt from mid-2nd quarter... really wanted the Falcons to see it through though :(

Amazing 20-0 record by Maldini, congrats! Doubt we'll ever see that again here.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

You can get odds of 6/1 on the Patriots retaining their title... I know, nobody has done so for over a decade, but they've made 6 straight AFC Championship games, so surely even 3/1 would be bordering on generous? :?

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Anyway, how will we cope with no NFL tonight? Has to be the only major sport that goes more than half the year with no meaningful action, though understandable given the brutality and unique physical demands of the sport. And I guess it works, in that it always leaves us wanting more, unlike the constant 12-month grind of football and cricket which can get tiresome on occasions. Bring on the draft...

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy NFL”