To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

NFL chit chat thread

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy National Football League (American Football) games
AKNel1
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: pretty dire with occasional moments of genius

NFL chit chat thread

Post by AKNel1 »

A little late for this week with Denver having mauled reigning Champions Baltimore on thursday night - Peyton Manning equalling a league record with 7 TD's in a 49-27 win.

In todays early games, New England go to Buffalo and shouldn't have too much trouble in notching up their first victory of the season. A much hyped Seattle go to Carolina and again should win fairly comfortably but the last time Seattle were this hyped prior to a season they finished 8-8 so as a Hawks fan I'm not getting carried away at all.

The Bengals take on the Bears at Soldier field and it's always tough to go there and win, but I like the Bungles chances today. Miami go to Cleveland and the Browns should be too good for them. Minnesota at detroit is potentially one of the games of the day and I really like the Lions offense this year with Stafford, Johnson and Bush they could/should be explosive to watch - can they stop Adrian Peterson though, probably not but if they can keep him to 100ish they should win.

Oakland at Indy looks like a romp for the Colts, whereas Kansas City at Jacksonville looks a close call. Pick of the early kickoffs though comes in New Orleans where the Saints play host to the Atlanta Falcons. A heated rivalry this one but I think the Falcons are too strong even in New Orleans.

Tampa Bay go to New York to take on the Jets and I'm going with the Jets to win a poor game. Tennessee at Pittsburgh should be a brutal old school style scrap with the Titans edging it and then we're into the evening kick offs.

Green Bay at San Francisco should be a points fest but Rodgers will have to play superbly well to keep it close never mind win. Watch out for Anquan Boldin, he could be a scary good receiver for the 49ers. Arizona at St Louis is a classic divisional rivalry which Arizona have done well in over recent years but the momentum in this one looks to be swinging to St Louis and I'd expect the Rams to win this one.

Talking of divisional rivalries is there a better one than the Sunday night late game as the Giants go to Dallas. Always a tough game to predict but this time I'm siding with New York.

Two games on Monday as Philly go to Washington in another divisional match, will RGIII be ready to go and finally my early Superbowl fancy Houston travel to San Diego in a game that could well be the biggest blowout of opening weekend.

Mark1886
Grumpy Old Gooner
FS Record: Tinkerman, average to poor

Re: NFL chit chat thread

Post by Mark1886 »

The two games on Monday is news to me. Hou at SD on tv, instead of ATL at NO, madness.

Also looking forward to GB at SF, and the usual titanic struggle between the Giants and Cowboys.

Rick Spangle
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFC 2012 T20 - 3rd in runs league

Post by Rick Spangle »

Mark - both NO/ATL and SD/HOU games are on TV - the Saints Falcons game is this evening, and the San Diego/Houston game (preceded by Washington/Philly) are both on Eurosport tomorrow night.

Edit - nice preview AKNel :)

AKNel1
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by AKNel1 »

Thought I'd see if we could spark a bit more interest this year.

AKNel1
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by AKNel1 »

Just watched Seattle's 12-7 win over Carolina, really good game from both defenses. The Seahawks did their best to shoot themselves in the foot with several bonehead plays but ultimately a DeAngelo Williams forced fumble inside Seattle's 10 proved to be the key.

300+ for Russell Wilson who had great figures but was harried and hurried all day.

Watch out for the Panthers, they are better than the scoreline suggests.

Lots of close games all around the league though :D

AKNel1
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by AKNel1 »

Watching Arizona @ St Louis now. Rams are 4 behind but have had some spectacular balls ups.

Early on Bradford completes a pass and the receiver is wide open then 3 yards from the end zone the ball is stripped and recovered by the Cards.

Early in the second half, Palmer throws a pick, the Rams return it inside the 5 and settle for a FG

Then on their next possession they are deep in their own half, Bradford is pressured, the pass is tipped caught by the Cards nose tackle who falls into the endzone for a TD

:lol:

AKNel1
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by AKNel1 »

Now they come up an inch short on 3rd and 1 and choose to punt :lol:

AKNel1
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by AKNel1 »

After falling 11 behind the Rams have now battled back to be level at 24-24. Good game

calc
FISOhead

Post by calc »

Just a couple of things. For those who don't know, Absolute 90's has taken over from Radio 5 Live for NFL commentary on Sunday nights. Beware of the same adverts thoughout. Secondly, I noticed they've compiled a long list of next year's Hall Of Famers and in that list is former QB Trent Green. What on earth has he done? Competent, yes, had bad luck with injury. But he shouldn't be anywhere near the list.

calc
FISOhead

Post by calc »

What is to be made of Richardson's switch to the Colts? I could understand it more if the Browns got a first round pick and another 2nd/3rd/4th round pick but just like for like seems very strange. I guess this is what happens when you keep changing the management.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy NFL”