To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

NFL.com Home Team Challenge

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy National Football League (American Football) games
Bushwhacker
Kevin and Perry

NFL.com Home Team Challenge

Post by Bushwhacker »

Although I haven't had an email about this, it is already available if you want to sign up. I've changed my home team this season, although I still don't support any NFL team above any other. I help run the Cowboys in an NFL sim so I thought I'd better sign up for America's team this season.

I haven't set up a league, as I've been out of circulation for a while so I'd rather leave it to one of the regulars. Still, if you'd prefer me to do it, I'll get on it this week. Anyway, what are you waiting for?!

CanaryYellow
FISO Knight

Post by CanaryYellow »

Im waiting for a league name and password. Oh and im waiting for Mark to slaughter me by 2 weeks worth of points again.

Spencer4
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: 2008/9 FPL 172nd, 2007/8 TFF 6th, Vid's Predictions winner 2014/5, Fiso TFF Hot shots champ 2015/6, murfs Egg chasers winner 2017 & 2024, winner PB's last man standing golf comp 2018, 2024 Fisodas champion

Post by Spencer4 »

I'm game again for this, trust one of you to set it up.

Bushwhacker
Kevin and Perry

Post by Bushwhacker »

The way the league is set up is that whoever organises it has to invite the others. I'm happy to set it up, but anyone who wants to play will have to pm me with the email address you want me to use for the invitations.

CanaryYellow
FISO Knight

Post by CanaryYellow »

If you build it they will come. :D

Ah bum thats not the right sport is it. :?

Mark1886
Grumpy Old Gooner
FS Record: Tinkerman, average to poor

Post by Mark1886 »

count me in, I've PM'ed you Bushwhacker.

brogie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by brogie »

i'll join

Bushwhacker
Kevin and Perry

Post by Bushwhacker »

OK, I've sent out the first few invitations. There is no League ID or password, you need to pm me an email address. An invitation is then sent to that email address by NFL.com with a link for you to join the league, or "buddy group" as they prefer to call it. As it comes from the website, you might as well send me the address they already have for you.

CanaryYellow
FISO Knight

Post by CanaryYellow »

Does anyone else have the same trouble me and Angel have? In previous years our games have appeared as little icons on the fantasy homepage yet this year Home team challenge has not appeared. We have to access it by signing up each time which is far from ideal.

Also if anyone else wants to sign up that would be good. You pick a new team each week and the players prices change according to their performances.

Previous seasons have seen around 5-6 teams enter so it would be good to get a more lively league going and it would also be nice for someone to prevent Mark1886 going for a 3peat having won the last 2 years (and possibly the year before that too in a TBC affair).

Finish in the top 2 of any FISO NFL game and your name will appear on the stickied hall of fame and earn your place in NFL History.

Bushwhacker
Kevin and Perry

Post by Bushwhacker »

It's also worth pointing out that it's not a draft or an auction each week. You can pick whichever players you want, so long as you can afford them from your points total, which is reset every week. The formation is set for you, so you just need to decide which players to pick to fill those slots.

I haven't had the signing in problem, but then as I can never remember my password, I never sign out. Ever. The website still remembers me every time.

cam23
Red & Blue Braces

Post by cam23 »

I'll join if you will have me.

First year playing fantasy nfl but beginners luck will hopefully count for something!

Spencer4
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: 2008/9 FPL 172nd, 2007/8 TFF 6th, Vid's Predictions winner 2014/5, Fiso TFF Hot shots champ 2015/6, murfs Egg chasers winner 2017 & 2024, winner PB's last man standing golf comp 2018, 2024 Fisodas champion

Post by Spencer4 »

Bushwhacker has disappeared, anyone else know how I can get in. Team set, but I'm off on hols in a couple of days so may not get the chance to join up.

Mark1886
Grumpy Old Gooner

Post by Mark1886 »

So is there a league or not? i've not recieved an invitation, even tho' i sent my email addy. :cry: :(

Spencer4
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Spencer4 »

He's not picked up my PM, so must be away from Fiso.

Mark1886
Grumpy Old Gooner

Post by Mark1886 »

Spencer4 wrote:He's not picked up my PM, so must be away from Fiso.
I'll run this is everyone agrees, send me your email addys, and i'll set the league up.

Mark1886
Grumpy Old Gooner

Post by Mark1886 »

The league is set up now. So anyone who wants to join 'FISO Limeys HTC' send me your email addy. I think there is a limit of 12 in this game, so get in quick. I will do another league, if required. And will of course, amalgamate the two leagues scores in to 1 division, on a separate thread.

Spencer4
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Spencer4 »

My email is visible. Send it over please.

Mark1886
Grumpy Old Gooner

Post by Mark1886 »

Invites sent to; Carl, Fe and Spencer.

CanaryYellow
FISO Knight

Post by CanaryYellow »

Ive entered and im now showing in the 2 leagues. Seems like i just have to pick one team tho which is great. Still not showing as an icon on the fantasy home page. Believe Mrs Y has joined too. She is a bit dosed up atm so its hard to get much sense out of her.

Mark1886
Grumpy Old Gooner

Post by Mark1886 »

All 4 of us are in, Carl

Bushwhacker
Kevin and Perry

Post by Bushwhacker »

Sorry, guys, been working nights all week. :( FISO is blocked at work, unfortunately, so I didn't get any PMs until just now.

CanaryYellow
FISO Knight

Post by CanaryYellow »

Well as it looks like you just pick one team regardless of how many leagues you have joined it doenst hurt to have both open so long as we post the tables from both each week.

Mark1886
Grumpy Old Gooner

Post by Mark1886 »

sent 2 more invites, to cam and bushwhacker. If they join then thats 6.

bluelionman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won a week in TFC once many years ago. Came 3rd over all once in First Downs fantasy NFL newspaper magazine game.

NFL Home Team Challenge

Post by bluelionman »

Hey if you can be in more than one buddies group I'll join up but am also in my own one with 2 mates - we are putting a Tenner in each with the winner taking all so if any of you are gamblers and wanna piece of the action then PM me and I'll invite you and send you my details (to send a cheque). :)

nastynursesxi
Wideboy

Post by nastynursesxi »

Lads, Theres another NFL draft game thats being run via the ESPN site...the draft is on Sunday evening.....if anybodys interested check out the attached thread and contact Mark to be invited:

http://www.fantasyfootballuk.co.uk/view ... 169#234169

Bushwhacker
Kevin and Perry

Post by Bushwhacker »

Don't forget the season starts on Thursday evening, so make sure you get your lineups in by then!

Mark1886
Grumpy Old Gooner

Post by Mark1886 »

That's a good one coming from you! Mr i did'nt realise it was Thanksgiving Thursday. :lol: At least you know this season.
How many you got for Home Team challenge? I am thinking of amalgamating our 2 leagues. For example put all the teams in your league and ignore the other one.

bluelionman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won a week in TFC once many years ago. Came 3rd over all once in First Downs fantasy NFL newspaper magazine game.

Post by bluelionman »

Mark1886 wrote:How many you got for Home Team challenge? I am thinking of amalgamating our 2 leagues. For example put all the teams in your league and ignore the other one.
I've been waiting to get in to Bushwakers league but alas his ivites have not been reaching me - I think hotmail are intercepting them for some reason and deleting them as spam - peeing me off - as there not, they could send them to my junk box so I have the choice but there not. Same thing happened to people with hotmail addresses I sent invites to, also my mate wanted to join a poker site - I've sent him links from the site several times and he just called me to say he got nothing in his e-mail - 2+2 = 4 - I just noticed he is hotmail to... gota be them, they have done some new over zealous security thing without telling us - gotta be! :evil:

Bushwhacker
Kevin and Perry

Post by Bushwhacker »

Mark1886 wrote:That's a good one coming from you! Mr i did'nt realise it was Thanksgiving Thursday. :lol: At least you know this season.
How many you got for Home Team challenge? I am thinking of amalgamating our 2 leagues. For example put all the teams in your league and ignore the other one.
Well, there's no fanatic like a convert! :wink:

There is a grand total of 5 in my league: my team, Canary Yellow, Pepsi Angels, Brogies Bears and Seoul Survivors, plus bluelionman's team if either of us can ever get an invitation to him.

Mark1886
Grumpy Old Gooner

Post by Mark1886 »

I've got exactly the same people, it seem daft having 2 leagues.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy NFL”