To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Scrum Fantasy Rugby - World Cup

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy Rugby (Rugby Union and Rugby League) games including Fantasy Six Nations
juckster
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of a mile in another mans shoes pre TW2. Total wins £550 SDT 2011/12.

Re: Scrum Fantasy Rugby - World Cup

Post by juckster »

Wow, Gills been knocked off the top and you're upto 3rd and only 11 behind the new leader - who has only got 2 NZ starters (not Dagg) and only 1 French starter (Hardiniquay).

If your Kahui and Smith gel, who knows....

Good Luck.

Chuck Taylor
Dumbledore
FS Record: 11/12 Sun WDT Top 100 ~ 2012 BDO Darts FISO League Champion ~ 2011 Yorkshire Post Golf Weekly Winner ~ 10/11 TFF Wk 8 Winner ~ TFF FISO Block Party Cup Winner ~ Daily Mail 61st

Post by Chuck Taylor »

Estimado Russell,

lolo balocco acaba de solicitar permiso para unirse a tu Liga Privada 'FISO'.

A fin de aceptar o declinar a esta persona, por favor conéctate al sitio y sigue este enlace:

http://deportes.fantasyleague.com/Frien ... spx?p=7112" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

¡Buena suerte!

El equipo de ESPN Scrum - Desafío Mundial 2011

:lol:

Good luck for the final nabby!! as juckster said we're all routing for you!

Spencer4
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: 2008/9 FPL 172nd, 2007/8 TFF 6th, Vid's Predictions winner 2014/5, Fiso TFF Hot shots champ 2015/6, murfs Egg chasers winner 2017 & 2024, winner PB's last man standing golf comp 2018, 2024 Fisodas champion

Post by Spencer4 »

Agreed, terrific effort regardless of where you finish. A top 3 certainly possible. GL.

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

I don't think I can catch you now Nabby,so I'll be cheering you on too ! nothing more you can do now except keep your fingers and legs crossed. :D

Nabby
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nabby »

Cheers guys.
Last transfer Barnes proved inspired 8-) and has perhaps given me a slight chance although still a long shot.
The leader still has 1 transfer but has 4 ABs already. Problem is he has SBW and Hore who are both replacements. Is it worth him bringing in a French back for this one...perhaps Clerc to cover Mr Gills main threat? or switch SBW for Kahui to cover both 2nd and 3rd teams. Problem is you can see SBW coming off the bench and doing some damage late on so that would be a risk. I can see him bringing in Clerc.
That would give him a max 15 points from appearances only.
Mr Gill in 2nd can hope for a max 19 points from appearances.
Of course chances all players stay on for the full 3 points is unlikely, but just looking at the maximums with no tries scored.
So 4 points diff with a 3 point gap at the top. Will be very close. Not sure if Parra is kicking on Sunday, if he is you have to make Mr Gill a slight favourite.
Me - I'm hoping Conrad Smith or Ritchie McCaw do a Berrick Barnes and steal in with a try and a motm. That could just make it interesting for me. :D

Nabby
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nabby »

Not to be.
Needed a big score from the All Blacks...very frustrating watching them play I must admit. Mr Gill will take back the lead with Dusautoir scoring a try and getting motm. Congrats to him - it must have been nerve racking over the past few weeks watching your lead get eaten away, but he held on.
For me it came down to the selection of McCaw i/o Kaino at the outset. Kaino outscored McCaw by over 30 points and all the leaders had him. Never mind I think/hope I have clung on to 3rd.

Chuck Taylor
Dumbledore
FS Record: 11/12 Sun WDT Top 100 ~ 2012 BDO Darts FISO League Champion ~ 2011 Yorkshire Post Golf Weekly Winner ~ 10/11 TFF Wk 8 Winner ~ TFF FISO Block Party Cup Winner ~ Daily Mail 61st

Post by Chuck Taylor »

Unlucky nabby

Nabby
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nabby »

Cheers Chuck.
I see the Gill family are flying high in the Footie Daily Mail Mini Leagues too. Perhaps we can gain revenge in that.

Chuck Taylor
Dumbledore

Post by Chuck Taylor »

FINAL FISO STANDINGS

1 Nabby Phil Dines Lily 41 27 609 (3rd overall)
2 topspur paul branigan Odd shaped ball boys 34 23 543
3 bossdrum Oscar Deacy Time for Trumpton 31 31 530
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
4 Zoolander Paul Stringer Mogwai 34 22 525
5 Chuck Taylor Russell Cane Mother Hakas 39 18 519
6 Mr Green Matt Sims Read It And Weepu 31 21 519
7 juckster Justin Johnson Here For Beer 29 21 505
8 Alchemist andy harvey Edgar Mobbs a true boy's own hero 29 18 502
9 Doogal Mike Maguire Is this really necessary? 26 22 500
10 Takeshi Kovacs Chris Richards JOCI Club 31 17 494

Congratulations to Nabby for winning the FISO League and also claiming 3rd overall, well played sir.
Also well done to topspur and bossdrum for their podium finishes.

Spencer4
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: 2008/9 FPL 172nd, 2007/8 TFF 6th, Vid's Predictions winner 2014/5, Fiso TFF Hot shots champ 2015/6, murfs Egg chasers winner 2017 & 2024, winner PB's last man standing golf comp 2018, 2024 Fisodas champion

Post by Spencer4 »

A great performance Nabby, enjoy your prize !

Nabby
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nabby »

Cheers Spencer4.
Must say I'm going to miss looking at the ESPN Scrum site checking for the latest team news. I think ITV missed a trick there - surely with their coverage an accompany comp would have made sense.
Back to football now. TFF monthly is now top of my priorities list :)

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

Perhaps ItV will do so when Wales win the next World Cup in 4 years time Nabby. Well played indeed,not only in the points you scored,but the sporting manner in which you earned them.

I doubt the overall winner will derive half as much satisfaction as you would have done,and probably won't even know what to do with his prize.

juckster
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of a mile in another mans shoes pre TW2. Total wins £550 SDT 2011/12.

Post by juckster »

Does anyone know if there's a fantasy game for the Rugby League 4 Nations ?

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

Unlikely I would think juckster. It's a minority interest game,unlikely to attract sufficient players on a country-wide basis,which is what the sponsors usually seek.

juckster
Grumpy Old Man

Post by juckster »

Had a quick google and there isn't, but there was one 2 yrs ago - obviously not popular enough.

banana
Grumpy Old Man

Post by banana »

bad luck, phil. :( still, 3rd is a fine effort...agonising about the mccaw over kaino selection...

Nabby
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nabby »

Cheers Nick.
I'm sure we all made decisions which cost us a shot at the title, but the Kaino one just stood out on the basis everyone else had him.
I don't actually know that much about Rugby so my Back Row of McCaw, Elsom and Burger were put in without too much analysis purely based on my memory of the last world cup. Burger did ok but the other 2 were disappointing.

juckster
Grumpy Old Man

Post by juckster »

Nabby,

What prize did you get ?

Nabby
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nabby »

Sorry Juckster - only just seen this.
Nothing yet!
Sent a note this week but no response. :x

The prize does not involve cash and I would have thought it would be sitting there ready to go once the comp was over. With cash prizes I appreciate there is an element of getting sign off etc which can hold things up. It does frustrate me - a competition with over 80,000 entrants with relatively minor prizes and they can't be bothered to send them off within a reasonable timeframe.

nahiean.sa
Cheetah
FS Record: 400 images per second

Post by nahiean.sa »

I do not know what is the FISO league ? And I can not hear what you hear. Can anyone tell me clearly ...?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Rugby”