To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Scrum Fantasy Rugby - World Cup

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy Rugby (Rugby Union and Rugby League) games including Fantasy Six Nations
grob
Dumbledore

Re: Scrum Fantasy Rugby - World Cup

Post by grob »

That Carter situation is indeed very frustrating.
He was an early doubt yesterday a.m due to a back injury,but then the team was announced with him in it,so like you and most people probably,I went off to catch a train feeling safe with him in place especially knowing he was going for a record.
As NZ aren't playing until Friday it doesn't seem fair that we can't change our captain in the circumstances.

Spencer4
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: 2008/9 FPL 172nd, 2007/8 TFF 6th, Vid's Predictions winner 2014/5, Fiso TFF Hot shots champ 2015/6, murfs Egg chasers winner 2017 & 2024, winner PB's last man standing golf comp 2018

Post by Spencer4 »

Kicker.

I was going to go for the Samoa kicker, so 6 points i think, I suppose that's not too bad.

Chuck Taylor
Dumbledore
FS Record: 11/12 Sun WDT Top 100 ~ 2012 BDO Darts FISO League Champion ~ 2011 Yorkshire Post Golf Weekly Winner ~ 10/11 TFF Wk 8 Winner ~ TFF FISO Block Party Cup Winner ~ Daily Mail 61st

Post by Chuck Taylor »

I didn't know about Carter :evil: , I don't mind about the defensive players missing out but a poxy kicker against Japan, fuming!!
I only went up 2 places with a hatrick, seems I should just reside to fighting for the FISO title rather than the whole thing.
Have mapped out my potential transfers and am looking at going into the Quarters with about 7 transfers in tact and hopefully a full team of Quarter finalists, hope it's enough.

Chuck Taylor
Dumbledore
FS Record: 11/12 Sun WDT Top 100 ~ 2012 BDO Darts FISO League Champion ~ 2011 Yorkshire Post Golf Weekly Winner ~ 10/11 TFF Wk 8 Winner ~ TFF FISO Block Party Cup Winner ~ Daily Mail 61st

Post by Chuck Taylor »

4 out of the top 10 have Carter so are in the same boat, with a scattering of Pisiata's and Coopers so gotta hope Cooper has an off game.
Do we expect Carter to be ready for the next round of matches? Worth wasting a transfer on?

Spencer4
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: 2008/9 FPL 172nd, 2007/8 TFF 6th, Vid's Predictions winner 2014/5, Fiso TFF Hot shots champ 2015/6, murfs Egg chasers winner 2017 & 2024, winner PB's last man standing golf comp 2018

Post by Spencer4 »

I'm sure he'll play against France, it's not for another 10 days and that's the big game for them. He was 50/50 for this one so unless he does something else or Slade has a career game v Japan, he'll start.

Chuck Taylor
Dumbledore

Post by Chuck Taylor »

Just to make everyone who actually follows Rugby a little embarrassed..... as league leader I'd like to ask why certain teams have 5 points for a win and others have 4? also teams with 1 point for a loss or 0 for a loss? that's how much I know about the game!! :lol:

unc.si.
FISO Knight
FS Record: 'Loser' by Beck

Post by unc.si. »

Chuck Taylor wrote:Just to make everyone who actually follows Rugby a little embarrassed..... as league leader I'd like to ask why certain teams have 5 points for a win and others have 4? also teams with 1 point for a loss or 0 for a loss? that's how much I know about the game!! :lol:
Bonus points. You get one if you score 4+ tries or lose by less than 8 points.

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

Chuck Taylor wrote:4 out of the top 10 have Carter so are in the same boat, with a scattering of Pisiata's and Coopers so gotta hope Cooper has an off game.
Do we expect Carter to be ready for the next round of matches? Worth wasting a transfer on?
As I understand it,you can't do that even if you want to. You only had until 3.29am bst today to do so. The next opportunity is not until next Sunday,18th Sept @ 11.30a.m bst until Tues 20 Sept @ 8.29 a.m bst. Most will take the hit and stick with him barring any deterioriation of his injury.

Mr Green changed him in time though,for the same f/h Spencer4 was considering,who was MoM = 6 pts :wink:
Last edited by grob on 14 Sep 2011, 15:07, edited 2 times in total.

Chuck Taylor
Dumbledore

Post by Chuck Taylor »

@unc, thanks for that, I'm basing my selections on what the bookies say from here on in, in regards to how each team will progress (1st in group, 2nd etc) and guess they'd have taken into account the bonus points as to whether it would make much difference as to how each team will progress, Scotland and Argentina as an example but handy knowing that info

@grob, I meant for the next window, 18th-20th for kicker changes for round 3, NZ play the 24th and team news may not be available 4 days prior but as sp4 said he should play being a big game, obviously depending on the severity of the injury, will have to keep an eye on any news about it

juckster
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of a mile in another mans shoes pre TW2. Total wins £550 SDT 2011/12.

Post by juckster »

Spencer4 wrote:Kicker.

I was going to go for the Samoa kicker, so 6 points i think, I suppose that's not too bad.
Also don't forget that Samoa play again in this gameweek, so don't transfer any out of you team yet.

So seeing as you can't transfer out a Kicker, picking the Samoan was a good idea.

I'm happy to stick with Cooper - great to hear about Carter :mrgreen: i might be able to close up some more ground.

Chuck Taylor
Dumbledore

Post by Chuck Taylor »

juckster wrote: Also don't forget that Samoa play again in this gameweek, so don't transfer any out of you team yet.

So seeing as you can't transfer out a Kicker, picking the Samoan was a good idea.
now there's something I missed! :evil:

Italy, Japan and Namibia likewise in the next round

Italian kicker v Russia and USA a good idea over the potentially injured Carter v France?

Spencer4
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Spencer4 »

Kickers value is a little over-rated I think. One point per kick, especially as the weather makes kicking hard, is not that great an advantage over a wing who should get a try a game.

juckster
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of a mile in another mans shoes pre TW2. Total wins £550 SDT 2011/12.

Post by juckster »

Spencer4 wrote:Kickers value is a little over-rated I think. One point per kick, especially as the weather makes kicking hard, is not that great an advantage over a wing who should get a try a game.
The point I was trying to make was that the Samoans have two games to score points in this gameweek, so if you've got a Samoan in your side, don't waste a tfr taking him out. All the better if you've got Tui like me 8-)

Chuck Taylor
Dumbledore

Post by Chuck Taylor »

juckster your point makes sense with a kicker but not so much with other players seeing as they can be offloaded whenever you wish, so getting in a NZ, Aus or SA player who all play before Samoas next game may be more tempting than Samoa v Wales

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

Well in that case juckster,I've made a schoolboy error by not differentiating between calendar dates and gameweeks.

I took out Mapusua,happy with the 5 pts he brought me,because he doesn't play again until Sunday at 4.30am bst against Wales, and as a proud Welshman I didn't particularly want 2 Samoans to be rooting for against Wales,as I've also got Tuilagi, but I did want Kahui and NZ play Japan on Friday,so having seen he was selected,I swopped them over in case I forgot

So it would seem I'll have to hope that Kahui outscores Mapusua. I'm not really in a position to focus on this game as I should.

However,since typing the above, I've just seen Chuck's post and feel better now. Thanks Chuck :wink:

Chuck Taylor
Dumbledore

Post by Chuck Taylor »

huh? what did I say?

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

Just by pointing out to juckster that what I'd done wasn't so daft after all.

Chuck Taylor
Dumbledore

Post by Chuck Taylor »

Ah well I'll be keeping Tullagi for the Wales game because I only have 3 transfers left in the gameweek and other plans force it that way, however I am stuck on how many transfers to have left by the Quarters if all 15 are in teams that should make that stage, I couldn't say with any confidence how many of my squad are definate first teamers and would rather not use my transfers on defensive players, the Quarters is where I'll potentially get stuck and not know what to do whether I have 3 transfers or 8 transfers, I'm now looking at having 3-5 left by that stage

juckster
Grumpy Old Man

Post by juckster »

Chuck Taylor wrote:Ah well I'll be keeping Tullagi for the Wales game because I only have 3 transfers left in the gameweek and other plans force it that way, however I am stuck on how many transfers to have left by the Quarters if all 15 are in teams that should make that stage, I couldn't say with any confidence how many of my squad are definate first teamers and would rather not use my transfers on defensive players, the Quarters is where I'll potentially get stuck and not know what to do whether I have 3 transfers or 8 transfers, I'm now looking at having 3-5 left by that stage
That was my point exactly. Samoa have an extra game, so don't waste your tfr on them, tfr out one of the other players instead.

For instance, at the mo, I have Dagg, Nona (forgot his name) Tullagi, Lamont and AA Cooper. I want to get Jane NZ and Ashton in, so I tfr out Lamont and Dagg, rather than Tullagi and Dagg.

Just be aware that you're best not ditching a Samoan if you have other options available.

Chuck Taylor
Dumbledore

Post by Chuck Taylor »

grob hasn't wasted a transfer if in his mind one player will outscore another and wants Kahui coverage just in case he rips Japan to shreads

His team was

McCabe(Aus) Mapusua(Sam)

He wanted Kahui coverage

He had the choice of getting rid of the Aussie or the Samoan, the Aussie plays before the Samoan plus maybe he fancies the Aussie more in his game thus going Mapusua (Samoa) to Kahui (NZ), he kept Tullagi (different position anyway)

If grob fancies both the Aussie and the NZ to outscore the Samoan then he's done the right thing as both play before Samoa anyway. On a sidenote I fancy Kahui to outscore Mapusua anyway, not that I know what I'm talking about though.

juckster
Grumpy Old Man

Post by juckster »

Chuck Taylor wrote:grob hasn't wasted a transfer if in his mind one player will outscore another and wants Kahui coverage just in case he rips Japan to shreads

His team was

McCabe(Aus) Mapusua(Sam)

He wanted Kahui coverage

He had the choice of getting rid of the Aussie or the Samoan, the Aussie plays before the Samoan plus maybe he fancies the Aussie more in his game thus going Mapusua (Samoa) to Kahui (NZ), he kept Tullagi (different position anyway)

If grob fancies both the Aussie and the NZ to outscore the Samoan then he's done the right thing as both play before Samoa anyway. On a sidenote I fancy Kahui to outscore Mapusua anyway, not that I know what I'm talking about though.
Ok I see now. Fair enough.

I wasn't trying to say Grob had made a mistake, I was just making people aware of the fact that the Samoans play twice.

Nabby
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nabby »

juckster wrote:

Also don't forget that Samoa play again in this gameweek, so don't transfer any out of you team yet.

I'm happy to stick with Cooper - great to hear about Carter :mrgreen: i might be able to close up some more ground.
Samoan kicker went off with a hammy today - must be unlikely he's fit for Sunday. If so that could save us holding Carter much potential grief. I toyed with Pisi but couldn't find out enough to know whether him or Williams was first choice kicker, so held Carter in the knowledge that the NZ team had been named. Williams was playing fb today and one must not assume that the fly half always kicks.

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

juckster wrote: I wasn't trying to say Grob had made a mistake, I was just making people aware of the fact that the Samoans play twice.
I know you weren't juckster, you were just trying to be helpful,as was Chuck in correctly outlining the options I had. It's good to be able to exchange views on the game in this way.

The Bear
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Would be alot better but for Andy L & E !

Post by The Bear »

Nabby wrote:
juckster wrote:

Samoan kicker went off with a hammy today - must be unlikely he's fit for Sunday. If so that could save us holding Carter much potential grief. I toyed with Pisi but couldn't find out enough to know whether him or Williams was first choice kicker, so held Carter in the knowledge that the NZ team had been named. Williams was playing fb today and one must not assume that the fly half always kicks.
Pisi was their kicker in their last game when they beat Australia !!!
I would imagine OConnor will start next game for Australia and he is their no1 kicker so people with Cooper might not feel so smug :) - although alot happier than those with Carter :(

Nabby
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nabby »

The Bear wrote: Pisi was their kicker in their last game when they beat Australia !!!
I know, but So'oialo had kicked the 2 games before that (Pisi playing) and Williams had kicked the game before that against Scotland last year and that combination was enough to cast doubt.
In fact until today the game against Australia was his only kicking game in 5 years!If i'd gone into this round with Pisi and found out he wasn't going to kick i'd have been gutted. Just don't know enough about Samoan rugby to be sure so played safe (well thought I'd played safe anyway!)

Spencer4
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Spencer4 »

The Bear wrote: I would imagine OConnor will start next game for Australia and he is their no1 kicker so people with Cooper might not feel so smug :) - although alot happier than those with Carter :(
Although doesn't O'connor play at full back? More complications :?

The Bear
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Would be alot better but for Andy L & E !

Post by The Bear »

Spencer4 wrote:
The Bear wrote: I would imagine OConnor will start next game for Australia and he is their no1 kicker so people with Cooper might not feel so smug :) - although alot happier than those with Carter :(
Although doesn't O'connor play at full back? More complications :?
And ? :?

Spencer4
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Spencer4 »

Thinking ahead really, I'm happier if it's just fly halfs that we need to consider as kickers, seeing full backs as well makes it more complicated.

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

O'Connor's playing on the wing anyway.

The NZ FB fiasco will have hurt many without any transfers left for this round. NZ can't even turn back to Dagg,as he's also injured.
Lots of people will also be upset by the withdrawal of Richie McCaw.

The only consolation is that NZ reckon all their injured men will be available for France.

juckster
Grumpy Old Man

Post by juckster »

Wow that was a bad game for me - I only had Nanu Nanu and he only scored 1 try.

Looks like Slade had a good game, I assume no-one brought him in. Will that mean he'll take Carter's place now ?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Rugby”