To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

KCs and MotM for Week 38 Apr 25th 26th 29th 30th and May 1st

A Forum holding the historic Key Contributions (KCs) and Man of The Matches (MOTM) data from TFF from 2005 up to May 2007
johnjohn
FISOhead

Post by johnjohn »

and unless you can point out an argument Ive made where its been half-baked, irrelevant, or whatever then Im going to carry on as I am
Can we hold you to that statement?

http://fantasyfootballuk.co.uk/viewtopi ... onds#82393 For me some of your comments on this thread summed up why I criticise some of your comments:

My favourite tonysymonds moment was:
1) Substitutions. Managers are not allowed to make substitutions after the added time board is put up.
but his dad runs tony close for most ridiculous suggestion with:
My dad had this opinion a while back that any player who was taken off in one game could not start the next game.

tonysymonds
Red & Blue Braces

Post by tonysymonds »

This is what I love. At least when i make an argument I back it up. This is just 'Look at these posts. I don't agree with them. Lets point and laugh.'

Raisin
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Raisin »

It's depressing how regularly we get invaded by some agressive, jumped-up, self-important, immature self-aggrandiser like this. Usually they end up getting de-activated.

Tony, this forum is a community of people who share a common interest and within a framework of rivalry try to help, support, amuse and inform each other. It is not about you, how good you are, how many guesses you get right No-one is interested in your opinions except where they add value.

To take an example of how to get it right Bramernic only posts KC opinions when he has seen the incident, usually on MOTD. He doesn't try to offer MOTM predictions because you can't legitimately do that based on a few minutes of highlights ( and certainly not by following text commentaries). People who have seen a whole match, live or on TV, often post MOTM predictions and that is welcomed and appreciated.

There are conventions in a forum which most of us try to follow. Sometimes we get it wrong and get slapped down. We try to learn from our experience. No-one respects you Tony. Don't you want respect? If you do, try to mature and understand why people are posting things like this. If you can't, please go and play elsewhere.

tonysymonds
Red & Blue Braces

Post by tonysymonds »

The answer to that is a full and hard, and quite impressively immediate NO. Im not going anywhere, because this site is helpful. Yeah I'd like to get some respect, but the sort of people who are going to bash me aren't those I want respect from.

Im going to carry on as I am because Im not breaking any rules whatsoever. In fact I was hoping to start more of a friendly debate over this whole MOTM idea, but the general view seems to be you can only post if you're anti-telegraph.

I am so pro-telegraph that you lot can't take it, and while I continue to be unoffensive there's nothing you can do about it.

The irony is, I'm simply defending myself. If you were to just keep quiet and stop repeating the same points over and over again, then I would only have to say it once, and Id 'go away.'

---

Durno rules !!! :D :D :D

---

Show us some love on that Bellamy pick!! No-one saw that coming.

unhappyhoppy
DumbleSaint
FS Record: TFF 10/11 3rd. Now sorting out Happyhoppy's mess.

Post by unhappyhoppy »

Raisin wrote:It's depressing how regularly we get invaded by some agressive, jumped-up, self-important, immature self-aggrandiser like this. Usually they end up getting de-activated.

Tony, this forum is a community of people who share a common interest and within a framework of rivalry try to help, support, amuse and inform each other. It is not about you, how good you are, how many guesses you get right No-one is interested in your opinions except where they add value.

To take an example of how to get it right Bramernic only posts KC opinions when he has seen the incident, usually on MOTD. He doesn't try to offer MOTM predictions because you can't legitimately do that based on a few minutes of highlights ( and certainly not by following text commentaries). People who have seen a whole match, live or on TV, often post MOTM predictions and that is welcomed and appreciated.

There are conventions in a forum which most of us try to follow. Sometimes we get it wrong and get slapped down. We try to learn from our experience. No-one respects you Tony. Don't you want respect? If you do, try to mature and understand why people are posting things like this. If you can't, please go and play elsewhere.
Superbly put.

Trouble is it is wasted energy and you are all playing into his hands. If everyone just ignored him he wouldnt have an audience and he would then go and find some other forum to annoy people in.

snowy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 4th nationally in TFF 05/06

Post by snowy »

lots of forums i see have an 'ignore' feature, whereby you can simply choose not to see a particular users posts. Shame this one doesn't.

Raisin
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Raisin »

unhappyhoppy wrote: Trouble is it is wasted energy and you are all playing into his hands.
Absolutely right. I just had to get it off my chest. It is however my last posting on the subject of this person.

Point
Kevin and Perry

Post by Point »

tonysymonds wrote:
I love this.

We get people who score and get MOTM: "MOTM effectively turns a goal into a brace."
We get people who score 2 and get MOTM: "MOTM effectively turns a brace into a hattrick"
Then we get those who say "MOTM should be awarded to those who don't get the other points in the match."

Then we get Ronnie's today. The MOTM wasn't given to a defender so it didn't add 5 stupid points to their tally, and it was given to who was apparently the most influential player on the pitch when they got onto the pitch, and yet we still have moaning.

You lot keep asking for consistency with the MOTM decision. Shall we get some consticiency on the moans. Each week you find a new direction to moan about.[/i]
IU've been browsing this site all of ten minutes, and with ten windows open perusing the information and I agree wholeheartedly with you tonysymonds. There is a lot of this going about, but these people are the sort of people that would beat on people like you at school.

You know, more muscle than brain, think with their groin. That sort of people. You need be a lot more subtle than that to get them on your side.

Point
Kevin and Perry

Post by Point »

Raisin wrote:It's depressing how regularly we get invaded by some agressive, jumped-up, self-important, immature self-aggrandiser like this. Usually they end up getting de-activated.

Personally, a newbie here, (according to the left) Im with tonysymonds on this. This forum is a forum for discussion. If Bramernic was to get things wrong you wouldn't jump on him.

However, tonysymonds is learning and to his credit got 75% of the MOTMs right this week. Thats pretty good I believe.

snowy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by snowy »

Point wrote:
tonysymonds wrote:
I love this.

We get people who score and get MOTM: "MOTM effectively turns a goal into a brace."
We get people who score 2 and get MOTM: "MOTM effectively turns a brace into a hattrick"
Then we get those who say "MOTM should be awarded to those who don't get the other points in the match."

Then we get Ronnie's today. The MOTM wasn't given to a defender so it didn't add 5 stupid points to their tally, and it was given to who was apparently the most influential player on the pitch when they got onto the pitch, and yet we still have moaning.

You lot keep asking for consistency with the MOTM decision. Shall we get some consticiency on the moans. Each week you find a new direction to moan about.[/i]
IU've been browsing this site all of ten minutes, and with ten windows open perusing the information and I agree wholeheartedly with you tonysymonds. There is a lot of this going about, but these people are the sort of people that would beat on people like you at school.

You know, more muscle than brain, think with their groin. That sort of people. You need be a lot more subtle than that to get them on your side.
hey guys, maybe it's just a coincidence that someone who REGISTERED TODAY, decides to use his first posts to defend a troll. Admin, it's fairly plain to see what's happening here.

Point
Kevin and Perry

Post by Point »

This is paranoia. Check all my posts before making a claim like that.

snowy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by snowy »

Point wrote:
tonysymonds wrote:
I love this.

hey guys, maybe it's just a coincidence that someone who REGISTERED TODAY, decides to use his first posts to defend a troll. Admin, it's fairly plain to see what's happening here.

Tony - NO ONE respects you on this forum. They all think you're a self obsessed idiot. I'm sorry, but it had to be said.

Point
Kevin and Perry

Post by Point »

snowy wrote:
Point wrote:
tonysymonds wrote:
I love this.

Tony - NO ONE respects you on this forum. They all think you're a self obsessed idiot. I'm sorry, but it had to be said.
Here's an idea. Why doesn't this topic get back to the matter in hand, or are you going to continue to point fingers until you're blue in the face. I'm not tonysymonds; he doesn't seem like a bad guy, his arguments seemed pretty good and you're looking pettier by the second.

Judio
Dumbledore

Post by Judio »

Manchester Utd 0 Middlesbrough 0
Booked: Neville, Silvestre, Bates, Rochemback
Missed Penalty: Van Nistelrooy
Penalty save: Jones
Sunderland 0 Arsenal 3
Goals: Fabregas, Henry
Own goal: Collins
KCs: Henry x2
Booked: Kyle, McCartney
West Brom 0 West Ham 1
Goal: Reo-Coker
KCs: Zamora
Tottenham 1 Bolton 0
Goal: Lennon
KC: Carrick
Booked: Ben Haim, Davies, Hunt, Gardner, Campo
Birmingham 0 Newcastle 0
Goals: Melchiot, Johnson, Solano, Carr
Charlton 0 Blackburn 2
Goal: Reid
Own goal: Powell
KCs: Pedersen
Booked: Powell, Kishishev, Sorondo, Pedersen, Neill, Savage, Bellamy
Chelsea 3 Manchester Utd 0
Goals: Gallas, J Cole, Carvalho
Booked: Lampard, Drogba, Cole
KCs: Powell, Kishishev, Sorondo, Pedersen, Neill, Savage, Bellamy
Booked: Cech, Makelele, Gallas, J Cole, Ronaldo, Rooney
Liverpool 3 Aston Villa 1
Goal: Morientes, Gerrard x2, Barry
KCs: Alonso x2, Hughes
Manchester City 1 Fulham 2
Goal: Dunne, John, Malbranque
KCs: Barton, Richards, Boa Morte x2
Booked: Barton, Diop, Christanval, Malbranque
Middlesbrough 0 Everton 1
Goal: McFadden
KC: Osman
Booked: Parlour, Cattermole, Naysmith, Yobo
Wigan 1 Portsmouth 2
Goal: Camara, Mwaruwari, Taylor
KCs: Thompson, Jackson, Taylor
Booked: Baines, Henchoz, McCulloch, Hughes
Sent off: Teale

workie-ticket
Grumpy Old Geordie
FS Record: Champion NEFI superleague 2009-10

Post by workie-ticket »

Judio wrote: Sunderland 0 Arsenal 3

Were these really the list of players booked in the Sunderland Arsenal match? :D

i know neville has a knack of getting on people's nerves, but really... :D

workie-ticket
Grumpy Old Geordie
FS Record: Champion NEFI superleague 2009-10

Post by workie-ticket »

Judio wrote: Birmingham 0 Newcastle 0
and that really is an entertaining 0-0 draw!!! :lol:

sorry Judio!! :)

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

workie-ticket wrote:

Judio is after a job doing the BBC text commentaries!!!

Bramernic
Dumbledore
FS Record: Plenty of super league prizes, nothing from the organisers.

Post by Bramernic »

murf wrote:
workie-ticket wrote:

Judio is after a job doing the BBC text commentaries!!!
He's cut and pasted from here http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tffo/p ... _pandp.xml so it's a bod at TTF who is really having a 'mare

Mins
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF 15th in 2010

Post by Mins »

who got MOTM last night? Yakubu maybe?

Mins
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF 15th in 2010

Post by Mins »

Please ignore last post, I am accidentally on the wrong the thread.

tonysymonds
Red & Blue Braces

Post by tonysymonds »

You've also made a slight error with the Chelsea ManU game.

Bramernic
Dumbledore
FS Record: Plenty of super league prizes, nothing from the organisers.

Post by Bramernic »

tonysymonds wrote:You've also made a slight error with the Chelsea ManU game.
No, TTF have made a slight error with the Che-MU game. As I have a team in that comp I'll use the contact us facility to let them know.

tonysymonds
Red & Blue Braces

Post by tonysymonds »

Bramernic wrote:
tonysymonds wrote:You've also made a slight error with the Chelsea ManU game.
No, TTF have made a slight error with the Che-MU game. As I have a team in that comp I'll use the contact us facility to let them know.
I was only trying to be helpful without being sarcastic. Jeez.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “TFF KCs & MOTM History to May 2007”