To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

KCs and MotM for Week 38 Apr 25th 26th 29th 30th and May 1st

A Forum holding the historic Key Contributions (KCs) and Man of The Matches (MOTM) data from TFF from 2005 up to May 2007
murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

tonysymonds wrote:
Raisin wrote:
tonysymonds wrote: However I am offering informed opinions on how I see matches
Thanks for amending.

Opinion based on matches you have seen is fine and helpful (when stated as such). I'm a little confused however how you have seen two matches happening at the same time, one of which wasn't on TV.
:D I haven't seen either, but just as Bramernic has a set of rules for KeyC, Ive devised a set for MOTM.
Sorry Tony but please keep opinions on MOTM and KCs to yourself if you haven't seen the game.

Feel free to start your own speculation / 'lets see if i'm right' thread.

tedbull
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 82nd 08/09

Post by tedbull »

tonysymonds wrote: Apologies. I have edited my post. However I am offering informed opinions on how I see matches; opinions which each week are very accurate.

I got 4 from 8 this weekend.

Very accurate?

Hammertime
Grumpy Old Hammer
FS Record: Some success and a lot of failure

Post by Hammertime »

Just seen the Hammers goal and it was said earlier a defender touched it, seen it from 2 angles and it doesn't look like the defender did.
So I'm predicting a Zamora KC :D
(Although I'm probably the only person here who has him) :roll:

Hammertime
Grumpy Old Hammer

Post by Hammertime »

tedbull2002 wrote:
tonysymonds wrote: Apologies. I have edited my post. However I am offering informed opinions on how I see matches; opinions which each week are very accurate.

I got 4 from 8 this weekend.

Very accurate?
Tony didn't you also list 8 possibles for the Utd/Chelsea game and not include John Terry :wink:

tonysymonds
Red & Blue Braces

Post by tonysymonds »

Hammertime wrote:

Tony didn't you also list 8 possibles for the Utd/Chelsea game and not include John Terry :wink:
Thats very true. What a ludicrous choice.

Crompton
Dumbledore
FS Record: Better than most.

Post by Crompton »

Henry Man of the Match

By Rob Stewart

murrkin
Kevin and Perry

Post by murrkin »

MOTM (All now Online)

Thierry Henry (By Rob Stewart)
Nigel Reo-Coker (By Mark Ogden)
C Ronaldo (By William Johnson)
Last edited by murrkin on 02 May 2006, 00:39, edited 1 time in total.

tonysymonds
Red & Blue Braces

Post by tonysymonds »

That puts me up to 6 from 10.

Hammertime
Grumpy Old Hammer

Post by Hammertime »

MOTM - Man u v Boro -
Christian Ronaldo (William Johnson)

Saw the very brief highlights? and they didn't show any before he came on in the 57th minute, and he was involved in the few utd attacks.
Jones did save poor penalty but looks like he didn't have much else to do.
Last edited by Hammertime on 02 May 2006, 00:46, edited 1 time in total.

leeloo
Grumpy Old Man

Post by leeloo »

Hammertime wrote:MOTM - Man u v Boro -
I'm sure they make crap decisions like this to send my stress levels into orbit.

Crompton
Dumbledore
FS Record: Better than most.

Post by Crompton »

Saw the very brief highlights? and they didn't show any before he came on in the 57th minute, and he was involved in the few utd attacks.
Jones did save poor penalty but looks like he didn't have much else to do.
think i had a massive jump tonight

from 27pts b4 the Arsenal game to ending the night on 67pts

axel
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF superleague winner 08/09 & 11/12, Euro 08 superleague winner, 64th in TFC08, Fantasy Cricket 08/09 + 09/10 SL winner

Post by axel »

Never heard of him.

His first names Cristiano, but never mind :wink:

snowy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 4th nationally in TFF 05/06

Post by snowy »

tonysymonds wrote:That puts me up to 6 from 10.
yes, but considering you didn't see any of the games (i'm guessing), then your 'forecasts' are just lucky guesses based upon who scored the goals etc. Not really rocket science ;)

pottster
Dumbledore
FS Record: Regularly finishing in the top 100

Post by pottster »

Ronlado my hero!
Almost makes up for RVN being on holiday or was he thinking about decorating his new house when he moves club!

pixies
FISOhead

Post by pixies »

This just shows another flaw with the motm rule, the fact that in some matches there simply isn't a man of the match, and they just end up handing out five points to anyone.
It just makes a mockery of TFF and the good game that it used to be in previous seasons.
But hey at least it helps shift a few extra monday morning papers :x

axel
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF superleague winner 08/09 & 11/12, Euro 08 superleague winner, 64th in TFC08, Fantasy Cricket 08/09 + 09/10 SL winner

Post by axel »

Any word on the possible KCs? eg. McBride

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Surely some Boro player must have done OK if United didn't score.....

pixies
FISOhead

Post by pixies »

Surely saving a penalty and keeping a clean sheet at OT is more deserving of motm than coming on for half an hour, doing some step overs and falling over whenever touched :roll:

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

I listened to the last half hour and it did sound like fake sparked some life into them and the game had supposedly been dire before that so maybe it has some merit

tonysymonds
Red & Blue Braces

Post by tonysymonds »

Poor Ronnie. Play crap. Get dropped. Play well. Back in. What next?

pixies
FISOhead

Post by pixies »

Maybe so, but in dire games where no-one really excels just seems stupid to even award a motm.
Are motm being used in the world cup comp??

Bramernic
Dumbledore
FS Record: Plenty of super league prizes, nothing from the organisers.

Post by Bramernic »

axel wrote:Any word on the possible KCs? eg. McBride
Just finished checking through the details. All my predictions for Sat/Sun were given (including possibles for Carrick and Osman). Nothing for Angel, Bellamy :P or McBride. The surprise, to me, was that Alonso DID get two KCs.

For last night - Zamora got the Hammers one and Henry got both for Arsenal. Full details will be on the second post shortly.

tonysymonds
Red & Blue Braces

Post by tonysymonds »

pixies wrote:This just shows another flaw with the motm rule, the fact that in some matches there simply isn't a man of the match, and they just end up handing out five points to anyone.
It just makes a mockery of TFF and the good game that it used to be in previous seasons.
But hey at least it helps shift a few extra monday morning papers :x
I love this.

We get people who score and get MOTM: "MOTM effectively turns a goal into a brace."
We get people who score 2 and get MOTM: "MOTM effectively turns a brace into a hattrick"
Then we get those who say "MOTM should be awarded to those who don't get the other points in the match."

Then we get Ronnie's today. The MOTM wasn't given to a defender so it didn't add 5 stupid points to their tally, and it was given to who was apparently the most influential player on the pitch when they got onto the pitch, and yet we still have moaning.

You lot keep asking for consistency with the MOTM decision. Shall we get some consticiency on the moans. Each week you find a new direction to moan about.[/i]

workie-ticket
Grumpy Old Geordie
FS Record: Champion NEFI superleague 2009-10

Post by workie-ticket »

if someone comes onto the pitch and scores one and sets up another (as for example joe cole has done earlier in the season) there might be less of an objection. if ronaldo had of orchestrated a goal to help man utd change the game (not necessarily scored it) then your "most influential player" statement might have some merit. the fact they didn't score must mean he quite clearly didn't.

"another stupid 5 points" for the boro defender that helped to keep out man utd's attack is well-deserved, don't you think?

and before you say, no, i don't have ronaldo, nor any boro defenders, and neither do my competitors, so i'm not just "moaning cos i didn't get the points"!! :P

mase
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: one motm runner up prize works superleague winner 3 times

Post by mase »

i have ronaldo and was astonsished and pleased he got motm i dont tend to moan about it coz theres nothing we can do this season

unhappyhoppy
DumbleSaint
FS Record: TFF 10/11 3rd. Now sorting out Happyhoppy's mess.

Post by unhappyhoppy »

I have fake too and was astonished he got it ahead of a boro defender. Makes the switch from Gerrard slighly more palatable but not much....

Seems crazy, he played well but his performance did not alter the result did it ?

It was far more meritable that boro kept out the mighty Man U with a depleted eleven.

leeloo
Grumpy Old Man

Post by leeloo »

It does make you think if the Tele 'fix' the outcome of prizes though - the top teams in MotM / MotW could easily have either of Brad Jones and Ronaldo and these decisions could dictate where £50 / £250 / £2.5k goes whereas William Johnson can still sleep easily at home on his £60k a year reporters' job, getting drunk at matches on the hospitality and leaving after 70 minutes.

renton1
Treebeard

Post by renton1 »

leeloo wrote:It does make you think if the Tele 'fix' the outcome of prizes though - the top teams in MotM / MotW could easily have either of Brad Jones and Ronaldo and these decisions could dictate where £50 / £250 / £2.5k goes whereas William Johnson can still sleep easily at home on his £60k a year reporters' job, getting drunk at matches on the hospitality and leaving after 70 minutes.
well if he left after 70 mins this team, then ronnie's 13 minutes he saw must have been sth else.... :lol:

this one, campo, terry are all totally bizarre decisions and it is correct that this has a financial impact. if motm in the final costs me money in any way (or anyone else...) then i would be fuming.

they should use an objective staistical standard that cannot be disputed...

opta index or similar is an idea. we wld still have to read the paper to know who it is, unless we all count the number of complete passes in each game....

leeloo
Grumpy Old Man

Post by leeloo »

...but we don't have to read the paper, all you have to do is scour the website around midnight that the paper's out; so all this smokescreen that it sells Monday papers is bullsh!t

pottster
Dumbledore
FS Record: Regularly finishing in the top 100

Post by pottster »

I have Ronaldo and to be honest I wasen't pleased (well obviously a tiny bit!) that he go MOM as it now confirms what an utter farce MOM is this season.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “TFF KCs & MOTM History to May 2007”