To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

KCs and MotM for Week 36 Apr 12th 14th 15th 16th AND 17th

A Forum holding the historic Key Contributions (KCs) and Man of The Matches (MOTM) data from TFF from 2005 up to May 2007
jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Post by jacksosi »

yeboah wrote:
jacksosi wrote:BBC are showing a booking :( , but still 7 pts
8 pts aint it? 5 + 3...
Thought it was +2 (appear) +5 (goal) +3 ( assist) -3 (booking) = +7 ?

(+MOTM :D )

leeloo
Grumpy Old Man

Post by leeloo »

-2 for booking

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Post by jacksosi »

I am extra hard on my team if they get booked :oops:

BILLO
Kevin and Perry

Post by BILLO »

reds363 wrote:Drogba won't get a KC despite his good work in tackling back, Lampard was too far out when he received the ball and it wasn't even a first-time shot.
Drogba tracked back, made a fantastic tackle, carried the ball for 15-20 yards before supplying Lampard with a pass and will not get an assist. In my mind that's even more a travesty than some of the diabolical man of the match awards this season.

pottster
Dumbledore
FS Record: Regularly finishing in the top 100

Post by pottster »

Hope Bram is correct and RVN gets an assist also chuffed that Bent got MoM.

I thought I had had a totally pants weekend but totting things up I think I've done OK.

AkNotSpur
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2nd YTM 09/10; 3 TFFO Top 10 finishes; 6th TFCI 2008.

Post by AkNotSpur »

Player points are now up on the TTF site. RVN got a KC for Rooney's first goal against Spurs, Eboue :shock: got one for Bergkamp's goal against WBA, Lampard one for Terry's goal v Bolton and another for Drogba's goal v Everton. Nothing for Steve Davis' hair-line flick against Brum.

HOOTER
Red & Blue Braces

Post by HOOTER »

Rooney MOM - joke .

And Im a United supporter. On the main chat site, the MOM was between Ronaldo and GNeville, with soem support for Giggs. Rooney wasnt even mentioned.

And therein lies the whole problem with anything being down to one mans view - it affects 200,000 people at least . How can a major game with massive money at stake be down to somebodys viewpoint ?
They must at least change it to 3 points next season.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :evil:

Foxtrot
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF Champion 05/06. Tinkerman weekly winner 12/13.

Post by Foxtrot »

AkNotSpur wrote:Player points are now up on the TTF site. RVN got a KC for Rooney's first goal against Spurs, Eboue :shock: got one for Bergkamp's goal against WBA, Lampard one for Terry's goal v Bolton and another for Drogba's goal v Everton. Nothing for Steve Davis' hair-line flick against Brum.
Bram predicted one for Zogs for the Luque goal however he had an awful lot to do before he scored ....did he get it?

jakehake
Treebeard

Post by jakehake »

Foxtrot wrote:
AkNotSpur wrote:Player points are now up on the TTF site. RVN got a KC for Rooney's first goal against Spurs, Eboue :shock: got one for Bergkamp's goal against WBA, Lampard one for Terry's goal v Bolton and another for Drogba's goal v Everton. Nothing for Steve Davis' hair-line flick against Brum.
Bram predicted one for Zogs for the Luque goal however he had an awful lot to do before he scored ....did he get it?
6 points in TTF for N'Zogbia yesterday, 1 PA + 5 Goal only

Bramernic
Dumbledore
FS Record: Plenty of super league prizes, nothing from the organisers.

Post by Bramernic »

Foxtrot wrote:Bram predicted one for Zogs for the Luque goal however he had an awful lot to do before he scored ....did he get it?
Not a very good day yesterday for predictions. :oops:

No to N'Zogbia, Ambrose, Maccarone (and Johnson isn't a TFF player :wink: ). Otherwise yesterdays were all given.

mstylianou
Treebeard

Post by mstylianou »

Hi Bram, thanks as always. Are the KCs from the 15th confirmed?

Bramernic
Dumbledore

Post by Bramernic »

mstylianou wrote:Hi Bram, thanks as always. Are the KCs from the 15th confirmed?
Just doing those - anything older than the previous day takes longer to search for on the TTF website.

Friday - No KCs :wink:
Saturday - All given except Chopra who isn't a TTF player.
Sunday - All given (although not the outside chance to Milner)

Edit: really must update my notes when I change things on reviewing the replay.

Judio
Dumbledore

Post by Judio »

Everything is now Summarised in the First Post :wink:

Bramernic
Dumbledore

Post by Bramernic »

Bramernic wrote:
Foxtrot wrote:Bram predicted one for Zogs for the Luque goal however he had an awful lot to do before he scored ....did he get it?

No to N'Zogbia, Ambrose, Maccarone (and Johnson isn't a TFF player :wink: ). Otherwise yesterdays were all given.
I've reviewed the video from last night to see why these three weren't given.

1) Luque only touched the ball twice but before he picks it up it does take a slight deflection off one of the two defenders who probably got in each others way. I think that may be why there was no KC.
2) Although Bent only touched it twice, he did also have to evade a defender which would explain no KC for Ambrose - sorry about that one.
3) I can't understand why Maccarone didn't get one. His return to Bates took out two defenders and Bates passed first time to Hasselbaink. Can anyone else see why there was only one KC here?

Foxtrot
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Foxtrot »

Bramernic wrote:
Bramernic wrote:

I've reviewed the video from last night to see why these three weren't given.

1) Luque only touched the ball twice but before he picks it up it does take a slight deflection off one of the two defenders who probably got in each others way. I think that may be why there was no KC.
2) Although Bent only touched it twice, he did also have to evade a defender which would explain no KC for Ambrose - sorry about that one.
3) I can't understand why Maccarone didn't get one. His return to Bates took out two defenders and Bates passed first time to Hasselbaink. Can anyone else see why there was only one KC here?[/quote]

Can't really remember the goal but generally I get the impression that some of the less high profile players seem to miss out on these marginal decisions. If it was Henry or Rooney you can bet it would have been given.

tonysymonds
Red & Blue Braces

Post by tonysymonds »

Foxtrot wrote: 3) I can't understand why Maccarone didn't get one. His return to Bates took out two defenders and Bates passed first time to Hasselbaink. Can anyone else see why there was only one KC here?[/quote]

Can't really remember the goal but generally I get the impression that some of the less high profile players seem to miss out on these marginal decisions. If it was Henry or Rooney you can bet it would have been given.
Give over. If you don't get an assist, you don't get an assist. Simple as. There's no underlying conspiracy. I didn't think it warranted an assist it didn't get one. Simple as.

I've notcied an increasing disparity in this site in that people are always quick to jump on the bandwagon if thee's something they don't agree on, wether it's a MOTM decision, an assist or what have you. The simple truth is, one man thought the world was round, while everyone disagreed. Turns out he was right.

A majority view doesn't make it a correct view.

crabby
Dumbledore

Post by crabby »

you're quite right it doesnt make it a correct view but the idea of FISO is to discuss fantasy football and we're mearly quetioning why a KC wasn't given whats the problem?

tonysymonds
Red & Blue Braces

Post by tonysymonds »

axel wrote:That MOTM award is bollocks. How many does Rooney have now?
scarletjim wrote:Rooney again? :shock: :shock: :shock:
Charlton 2-1 Portsmouth - D Bent by Martin Smith
Game turned around with him setting up a goal before scoring himself. If it wasn't for him Portsmouth would have won. That defines MOTM.

Chelsea 3-0 Everton - Drogba by Henry Winter
Drogba was instrumental in the first goal and the second goal and by that point the match was over.

Middlesbrough 2-0 West Ham - Hasselbaink by Rob Stewart
Instrumental in both goals. Match over.

Sunderland 1-4 Newcastle - N'Zogbia by Tim Rich
Scored one, helped assist another. Those two goals killed off any chance Sunderland had of winning.

Tottenham 1-2 Man United - Rooney by John Ley
Two first half goals to which Tottenham had no reply.

West Brom 0-0 Bolton - Faye by William Johnson
From what I heard West Brom lost two points as opposed to gaining one. Defender natural choice in this instance.

---

I know this is a patronising post but unil people stop moaning about how MOTM is unfair Ill keep doing it.

Foxtrot
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Foxtrot »

tonysymonds wrote:
Foxtrot wrote: 3) I can't understand why Maccarone didn't get one. His return to Bates took out two defenders and Bates passed first time to Hasselbaink. Can anyone else see why there was only one KC here?[/quote]

Give over. If you don't get an assist, you don't get an assist. Simple as. There's no underlying conspiracy. I didn't think it warranted an assist it didn't get one. Simple as.

I've notcied an increasing disparity in this site in that people are always quick to jump on the bandwagon if thee's something they don't agree on, wether it's a MOTM decision, an assist or what have you. The simple truth is, one man thought the world was round, while everyone disagreed. Turns out he was right.

A majority view doesn't make it a correct view.
Chill out Tony I was just giving my personal opinion, if you disagree fine but don't write as if you're on the KC panel!

tonysymonds
Red & Blue Braces

Post by tonysymonds »

Foxtrot wrote:
I get the impression that some of the less high profile players seem to miss out on these marginal decisions. If it was Henry or Rooney you can bet it would have been given.

Foxtrot wrote:
Chill out Tony I was just giving my personal opinion, if you disagree fine but don't write as if you're on the KC panel!
Im all for discussing KC, but your post was tantamant to say the Telegraph is cheating.

nhat1579
FISOhead

Post by nhat1579 »

scarletjim wrote:
Elvis77 wrote:I agree with the previous MOTM comments to a point about the Man U game though to be fair Rooney done most to win a very important game.

Gooners :lol:
Er, Rooney scored two goals, for which he will be awarded 10 TFF points, so that element of the match has already got it's reward.
Finally! It's only taken until April for somebody to realise the fundamental flaw in MOTM. As I said pre season, you'll be getting players scoring a brace which will more often than not become an effective hat-trick.

Scrap MOTM!

Foxtrot
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Foxtrot »

tonysymonds wrote:
Foxtrot wrote:
I get the impression that some of the less high profile players seem to miss out on these marginal decisions. If it was Henry or Rooney you can bet it would have been given.

Foxtrot wrote:
Im all for discussing KC, but your post was tantamant to say the Telegraph is cheating.
....I'm not saying there is any cheating going on ....whoever it is that decides on KCs in the Tele office, perhaps spends more time considering the bigger games / players when reviewing these things.

Generally they seem quite consistent given that there is an element of subjectivity to every decision, albiet within the rule framework that governs the provision of KCs

Bramernic
Dumbledore

Post by Bramernic »

tonysymonds wrote:
Foxtrot wrote:
Bramernic wrote: 3) I can't understand why Maccarone didn't get one. His return to Bates took out two defenders and Bates passed first time to Hasselbaink. Can anyone else see why there was only one KC here?
OK Tony, you seem to have a pretty firm view of the goal in question, so look at it this way ...

Ronaldo passes to RvN on the touchline and runs through to receive the ball back on the byline and crosses first time to Rooney who scores. 2 KCs.
Bates passes to Maccarone on the touchline and runs through to receive the ball back on the byline and crosses first time to Hasselbaink who scores. Only 1 KC.

I know the Man United scenario was more spaced out, but the movements and defenders taken out by each move were similar. So why the difference? What have you seen that makes you so sure that Boro's goal was only ever going to get one KC?

tonysymonds
Red & Blue Braces

Post by tonysymonds »

Bramernic wrote:
OK Tony, you seem to have a pretty firm view of the goal in question, so look at it this way ...

Ronaldo passes to RvN on the touchline and runs through to receive the ball back on the byline and crosses first time to Rooney who scores. 2 KCs.
Bates passes to Maccarone on the touchline and runs through to receive the ball back on the byline and crosses first time to Hasselbaink who scores. Only 1 KC.

I know the Man United scenario was more spaced out, but the movements and defenders taken out by each move were similar. So why the difference? What have you seen that makes you so sure that Boro's goal was only ever going to get one KC?
It was the runs. When Ronaldo ran onto the ball there was far less of a sharp movement on his part. What this meant was thatVan Nistelrooy's pass created the opportunity for Ronaldo to cross.

With Middlesborough, Bates had to run more to get to the return ball. In my opinion it was Bates movement more than Maccarone's pass that created the opportunity for him to cross and score.
Last edited by tonysymonds on 18 Apr 2006, 13:46, edited 1 time in total.

jimboblue
Kevin and Perry

Post by jimboblue »

Not sure if I'm missing something here, but Ambrose has been given a KC in week 36. As his daily points are showing as 1 and he didn't play in the Cup at Boro, it appears that this is for Euell's goal on Saturday.

Bramernic
Dumbledore

Post by Bramernic »

tonysymonds wrote:It was the runs. When Ronaldo ran onto the ball there was far less of a sharp movement on his part. What this meant was thatVan Nistelrooy's pass created the opportunity for Ronaldo to cross.

With Middlesborough, Bates had to run more to get to the return ball. In my opinion it was Bates movement more than Maccarone's pass that created the opportunity for him to cross and score.
That was surely more down to compressed nature of the Boro move. Maccarone put the ball exactly where Bates wanted it, if he hadn't the move would have broken down.

binky
Dumbledore
FS Record: won 500 quid in euro mirror 2004 and current tff north east champeen,tff 106th,star 42nd last season

Post by binky »

bates wouldve got there so much quicker if it wasnt for that girl in the shower and granny needed feeding :twisted:

crabby
Dumbledore

Post by crabby »

jimboblue wrote:Not sure if I'm missing something here, but Ambrose has been given a KC in week 36. As his daily points are showing as 1 and he didn't play in the Cup at Boro, it appears that this is for Euell's goal on Saturday.
yeh the KC discussion is for mondays game thats why mate :wink:

Bramernic
Dumbledore

Post by Bramernic »

crabby848 wrote:
jimboblue wrote:Not sure if I'm missing something here, but Ambrose has been given a KC in week 36. As his daily points are showing as 1 and he didn't play in the Cup at Boro, it appears that this is for Euell's goal on Saturday.
yeh the KC discussion is for mondays game thats why mate :wink:
Good spot jimboblue, I'll amend the post for Saturday. That wasn't expected so I'll now have to try and find Saturday's MOTD on the video to see what I missed. :roll:

tonysymonds
Red & Blue Braces

Post by tonysymonds »

Bramernic wrote:
tonysymonds wrote:It was the runs. When Ronaldo ran onto the ball there was far less of a sharp movement on his part. What this meant was thatVan Nistelrooy's pass created the opportunity for Ronaldo to cross.

That was surely more down to compressed nature of the Boro move. Maccarone put the ball exactly where Bates wanted it, if he hadn't the move would have broken down.
Ok, this is obviously exaggerated but anyway;

Lampard and Robben are standing over a free kick. Robben slips the ball two feet to the left; Lampard crosses, Drogsy head in. KC for just Lamps.

2. Robben has the ball. He spot Lampard bounding behind him, so lays the ball off two feet to the left. Lampard runs and bullets a cross in first time. Drogs head in. KC for both Lamps and Robben.

Why?

Because Lampard's extra running meant that Robben had to play the ball into the attacking stance, as opposed to Lampard already ebing in the attacking position.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “TFF KCs & MOTM History to May 2007”