To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

KCs and MotM for Week 36 Apr 12th 14th 15th 16th AND 17th

A Forum holding the historic Key Contributions (KCs) and Man of The Matches (MOTM) data from TFF from 2005 up to May 2007
Tricky Tree
FISO Knight

Post by Tricky Tree »

In you example there would be No KC for Robben for either goal!!!

Bramernic
Dumbledore
FS Record: Plenty of super league prizes, nothing from the organisers.

Post by Bramernic »

Bramernic wrote:
crabby848 wrote:
jimboblue wrote:Not sure if I'm missing something here, but Ambrose has been given a KC in week 36. As his daily points are showing as 1 and he didn't play in the Cup at Boro, it appears that this is for Euell's goal on Saturday.
yeh the KC discussion is for mondays game thats why mate :wink:
Good spot jimboblue, I'll amend the post for Saturday. That wasn't expected so I'll now have to try and find Saturday's MOTD on the video to see what I missed. :roll:
Ambrose corner is cleared by Niemi to Hreidarsson who shoots and Euell intercepts to make sure it goes in. My thought was that by finding Niemi, Ambrose's corner wasn't that good; but it now looks like it might have gone in direct if Niemi hadn't punched it out, so yes I can see why he got a KC.

tonysymonds
Red & Blue Braces

Post by tonysymonds »

Tricky Tree wrote:In you example there would be No KC for Robben for either goal!!!
Mmm. I disagree there. Robben's ball would be playing Lampard into an attacking position to which he would get an assist. He would in fact score the assist as well.

Foxtrot
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF Champion 05/06. Tinkerman weekly winner 12/13.

Post by Foxtrot »

tonysymonds wrote:
Tricky Tree wrote:In you example there would be No KC for Robben for either goal!!!
Mmm. I disagree there. Robben's ball would be playing Lampard into an attacking position to which he would get an assist. He would in fact score the assist as well.
Have you been at the scotch Tony? :)

Tricky Tree
FISO Knight

Post by Tricky Tree »

A 2nd KC is given if the action by player 2 is key. In your example it did not cut out any players or travel far etc so no KC.

can't believe we can even disagree on made up goals :lol: :lol:

tonysymonds
Red & Blue Braces

Post by tonysymonds »

Tricky Tree wrote:A 2nd KC is given if the action by player 2 is key. In your example it did not cut out any players or travel far etc so no KC.

can't believe we can even disagree on made up goals :lol: :lol:
Hehe

I still believe that in this instance Robben's ball allowed a player with more momentum to do something he wasn't in a position to do. If Robben had of crossed the momentum may not have been enough for Drogba to score, so in this instance his lay off was key in creating an opportunity.

Bramernic
Dumbledore
FS Record: Plenty of super league prizes, nothing from the organisers.

Post by Bramernic »

Not sure about your hypothetical situation Tony, but it appears you are right about the Boro game. Here's the reply I managed to get out of TTF this afternoon:
TTF Queries wrote:In the Man U game, van Nistelrooy's pass was played into the path of Ronaldo who continued his run and crossed first time. However, for the Boro goal, it was a simple 1-2 pass between Bates and Maccarone. The run and movement off the ball by Bates was far more.

tonysymonds
Red & Blue Braces

Post by tonysymonds »

Bramernic wrote:Not sure about your hypothetical situation Tony, but it appears you are right about the Boro game. Here's the reply I managed to get out of TTF this afternoon:
TTF Queries wrote:In the Man U game, van Nistelrooy's pass was played into the path of Ronaldo who continued his run and crossed first time. However, for the Boro goal, it was a simple 1-2 pass between Bates and Maccarone. The run and movement off the ball by Bates was far more.
Al this without even seeing the goal. :D

Elvis77
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 15 seasons inc 2 sub 5k and 2 sub 70k finishes. Must try harder

Post by Elvis77 »

scarletjim wrote:
Elvis77 wrote:I agree with the previous MOTM comments to a point about the Man U game though to be fair Rooney done most to win a very important game.

Gooners :lol:
Er, Rooney scored two goals, for which he will be awarded 10 TFF points, so that element of the match has already got it's reward. He did very little else to justify another 5 points on top. The whole point of MOTM was to pick up the best all round player from each game, be it tackling, defensive headers, great creativity, whatever. Giving him MOTM for yesterday is basically rewarding him twice for the same thing.
To be fair Scarletjim I agree with your definition on how MOTM should be awarded, but all season there has been no consistency on that front. In the Telegraph rules there is no guidence on how these points are awarded and this has become a very hot talking point all season, all it says is:
SCORING POINTS

+5 pts for being The Daily Telegraph Man of the Match

Im not having a go at you but most people forget it is their game and their rules so because we all decide to play by their rules we should just accept them, even if we want justification.

I pointed out to my mate when watching the game that Dawson was having a blinder. Still unless he cleared one of the line, hit the bar and scored the equaliser there was no way he was getting MOTM.

Nobody likes it when you cant measure it with numbers...eg...passes made, number of tackles made, defensive headers or whatever. It should just be accepted that on the day Rooney was the difference, so imo i find it hard not to justify him getting MOTM even though I have scratched my head as many times as yourself this season at MOTM

I say keep it because we cant measure the telegraphs decisions and that keeps us talking and debating. Of course I would be peed of if I was near the money and I lost it on a dodgy MOTM decision but hey its only game....saint!

T-boy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 317th all time career high TFF finish

Post by T-boy »

I'm fed up of all the debate over the MOTM awards and points!

Chances are that we have ALL got a fair share of our points from MOTM points, and we probably all equally have the same points due to MOTM if you look at the entire season.

In the end of the day, if you don't have a team of 11 players that are capable of getting MOTM awards, then you aren't going to be a top manager anyway! The players most likely to get MOTM points are usually the best point scorers anyway!

We pick the likes of Henry, Rooney, Lampard etc cos they score points, and thus are also more likely to get a MOTM award. We *don't* pick Sunderland defenders cos they aren't points scorers, and are also equally less likely to get any MOTM awards!

If you've had a team that has had no MOTM points, then you are pretty poor at selecting players!

If you don't have either or both of Rooney and Henry ANYWAY, then you are obviously not a contending manager and should probably give up!!!!

Stop moaning everybody, cos we are all benefitting equally from MOTM points.

tonysymonds
Red & Blue Braces

Post by tonysymonds »

T-boy wrote:Yammer Yammer Yammer
Well said T-Boy.

squirter
Treebeard
FS Record: top 1000

Post by squirter »

BILLO wrote:
reds363 wrote:Drogba won't get a KC despite his good work in tackling back, Lampard was too far out when he received the ball and it wasn't even a first-time shot.
Drogba tracked back, made a fantastic tackle, carried the ball for 15-20 yards before supplying Lampard with a pass and will not get an assist. In my mind that's even more a travesty than some of the diabolical man of the match awards this season.
i find it shocking that drogba didnt get an assist but rvn got one for simply pushing the ball down the channel for ronaldo. had ronaldo scored rvn wouldnt have got one as ronaldo was outside the box. equally, had lampard made a first time pass to somone in the box who scored then drogba probably would have got an assist, even though he had less to do with the actual setting up of the goal. strange how they work it out.

Marquee_Mark
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL - not in the top 10

Post by Marquee_Mark »

Elvis77 wrote: I pointed out to my mate when watching the game that Dawson was having a blinder. Still unless he cleared one of the line, hit the bar and scored the equaliser there was no way he was getting MOTM.
Agreed. I think if Spurs had equalised Daws would have got MOTM, unless JJ got the goal - then the Rooney scenario would have repeated itself.

T-boy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by T-boy »

tonysymonds wrote:
I'm from Swindon
Thanks for telling us!

:lol:

T-boy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by T-boy »

I apologise, I couldn't resist a Swindon joke! :roll:

reds363
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 28th 06/07; TFFO 3rd 09/10; TFF 3rd 12/13

Post by reds363 »

Ronaldo's run and movement off the ball was huge too, so I don't believe this argument stands up. For me Boro's goal was a clear-cut case of a double-KC, I didn't even have to rewind the programme to decide that. I'm with Bram and I think this is an error by the judges.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “TFF KCs & MOTM History to May 2007”