To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

KCs and MotM for Week 35 Apr 4th 8th 9th

A Forum holding the historic Key Contributions (KCs) and Man of The Matches (MOTM) data from TFF from 2005 up to May 2007
Bramernic
Dumbledore
FS Record: Plenty of super league prizes, nothing from the organisers.

Post by Bramernic »

Wayne Rooney by Henry Winter
Gary Cahill (AV) by Martin Smith
Didier Drogba by Clive Tyldesley
Shola Ameobi by Rob Stewart
Bruno N'Gotty by William Johnson
Brad Friedel by Christopher Davies
Jason Roberts by Mark Ogden
Gonzalo Sorondo by Ben Findon
Kiki Musampa by David Miller

Bramernic
Dumbledore

Post by Bramernic »

There's a few there (esp N'Gotty) that will spark debate, but you heard this one here first ... :lol:
Bramernic wrote:I don't often comment on MotMs as I don't get to see whole matches, but if the edited highlights on MotD are anything to go by, Friedel must be in with a chance.

Bluebeard
Kevin and Perry

Post by Bluebeard »

no Bellamy :shock: :D :P

BBTD
Wideboy

Post by BBTD »

Two wonder goals no motm tut tut Christoper Davies! He is obviously in the anti Bellamy brigade wot happens if a cretin like that is the difference between somebody winning the big prize and losing it has turned the game into a farce. One persons often bias opinion decides these motms its just stupid!

pb312
Kevin and Perry

Post by pb312 »

N'gotty! Something to cheer me up on a rainy monday morning!

Interesting
Treebeard

Post by Interesting »

Bramernic wrote:There's a few there (esp N'Gotty) that will spark debate, but you heard this one here first ... :lol:
Bramernic wrote:I don't often comment on MotMs as I don't get to see whole matches, but if the edited highlights on MotD are anything to go by, Friedel must be in with a chance.
I think this proves the point.
The telegraph reporters only watch match of the day.

johnjohn
FISOhead

Post by johnjohn »

Friedal produced outstanding saves on several occasions and did enough to earn the man of the match.

Not sure about Ngotty though? In all honesty, there wasn't a standout performance in that game (although I would have gone for Hyypia).

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

That joke isn't funny anymore

(now who was it who said that....)

klmorgan
Cheetah

Post by klmorgan »

Hmm I must say Friedel produced several good saves ... but if any ended as goals then he would have been disappointed. Whereas Bellamy's goals were both above and beyond just goal scoring, both top-class finishes from the very few chances he got (and his cross late on to Pedersen could have won them the game)

And yes I am being biased as he's in my team :)

Goosey
FISOhead

Post by Goosey »

Bruno N'Gotty by William Johnson

I don't usually complain about MOTM even though I hate them, but this one's a farce. Okay so nobody stood out, but then Gerrard and Alonso bossed midfield and Hyypia was a rock at the back. N'Gotty was good but that's all. It will all end in tears!

Edit: and I have N'Gotty in a couple of my teams

unhappyhoppy
DumbleSaint
FS Record: TFF 10/11 3rd. Now sorting out Happyhoppy's mess.

Post by unhappyhoppy »

If they are going to give a ridiculous motm give it to Ben Haim......no reason really.... :wink:

Crompton
Dumbledore
FS Record: Better than most.

Post by Crompton »

klmorgan wrote:Hmm I must say Friedel produced several good saves ... but if any ended as goals then he would have been disappointed. Whereas Bellamy's goals were both above and beyond just goal scoring, both top-class finishes from the very few chances he got (and his cross late on to Pedersen could have won them the game)

And yes I am being biased as he's in my team :)
If you read the report on the Telegraph Website its basically all Bellamy, Friedel on gets a mention by a Harry Redknapp quote only, yet the reporter gives it to Friedel.

Reporters Headline for the report:

Bellamy stars as silent assassin

surely should of read something like: Friedel heroics keeps blackburn on Euro trail.

Ngotty - Biggest joke man of the match so far.

Liverpool after a shakey start dominated the entire game (much to my annoyance).

merci merson
Kevin and Perry

Post by merci merson »

Also, it's nice to see that Henry Winter isn't controversial when it's Rooney he's picking for MOM.

Although i can't bemoan the fact that Rooney deserved it for yesterday's performance, it's a pity that he can't be consistent.

Bramernic
Dumbledore

Post by Bramernic »

Sunday's KCs now confirmed on TTF. Neither possible was given in Chelsea game, and Carr didn't get one either for Newcastle (having reviewed again it looks like a defender got a touch before Ameobi scored).

Crompton
Dumbledore

Post by Crompton »

merci merson wrote:Also, it's nice to see that Henry Winter isn't controversial when it's Rooney he's picking for MOM.

Although i can't bemoan the fact that Rooney deserved it for yesterday's performance, it's a pity that he can't be consistent.
Rooneys goal was terrific, but for the first 20/25 mins Rooney wasn't in the game, not that from a FF point of view it bothers me as I have Rooney so the extra 5 is nice as 3rd place behind me doesn't have Rooney.

I would of given man of the match to Ferdinand or Vidic yesterday with an outside shot for VDS or Rooney. VDS made a couple of very good and important saves and was rock solid all game from crosses. Rooney obviously scores 1 and set up the killer goal.

Wenger - thanks for resting Henry, if i was you i would have rested him for the trip to portsmouth not utd at OT

Bramernic
Dumbledore

Post by Bramernic »

Crompton wrote:If you read the report on the Telegraph Website its basically all Bellamy, Friedel on gets a mention by a Harry Redknapp quote only, yet the reporter gives it to Friedel.
If you read the report it seems to be explaining how the media don't like Bellamy and he doesn't do much to change the situation when he refuses post-match interviews etc. Perhaps this was get your own back time?

HOOTER
Red & Blue Braces

Post by HOOTER »

You think these are bad , did you see last Mondays Sun man of the match for the West Ham game .. ?

" Sheringham - just because it was his birthday " :shock:

Crompton
Dumbledore

Post by Crompton »

Bramernic wrote:
Crompton wrote:If you read the report on the Telegraph Website its basically all Bellamy, Friedel on gets a mention by a Harry Redknapp quote only, yet the reporter gives it to Friedel.
If you read the report it seems to be explaining how the media don't like Bellamy and he doesn't do much to change the situation when he refuses post-match interviews etc. Perhaps this was get your own back time?
Agreed, I picked up on that opening gambit by the reporter. As we keep saying are the selections bias or unbias, Personally I cannot stand Drogba he plays with a super sized McCains chip on his shoulder, however if I was reporting at the game I would have to ask myself the question if there was anyone else on the pitch would lets say was close behind Drogba for the man of the match would I give it to him over Drogba?

Bramernic
Dumbledore

Post by Bramernic »

Saturday's KCs now confirmed on TTF. All as predicted.

The Fence
Wideboy

Post by The Fence »

anyone agree its silly that Drogba doesnt get an assist for the Crespo goal seeing as he crossed it for him?! i'm assuming this cos it got a very slight touch off the defenders leg en route. Such pedantic rules :evil:

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

The Fence wrote:anyone agree its silly that Drogba doesnt get an assist for the Crespo goal seeing as he crossed it for him?! i'm assuming this cos it got a very slight touch off the defenders leg en route. Such pedantic rules :evil:
It was a reasonably significant deflection and therefore the correct decision according to the rules

mstylianou
Treebeard

Post by mstylianou »

My nearest rival has Drogba, I don't, but I do agree, how could Crespo have scored a goal if not for Drogba?

Crompton
Dumbledore

Post by Crompton »

mstylianou wrote:My nearest rival has Drogba, I don't, but I do agree, how could Crespo have scored a goal if not for Drogba?
Its down as a Key Contibution one of the most annoying ones (don't have him for points scoring) a Lampard goal from the end of the box this season where the ball was played square across the edge on the box by chelsea player as it comes across Gudjohnsen foxed the defenders by stepping over the ball knowing Lampard is running onto it, therefore creating the space and the opportunity of scoring = Goal - KC for the Chelsea player who crossed it - sweet FA for Gudjohnsen. In my book wrong.

Judio
Dumbledore

Post by Judio »

The Fence wrote:anyone agree its silly that Drogba doesnt get an assist for the Crespo goal seeing as he crossed it for him?! i'm assuming this cos it got a very slight touch off the defenders leg en route. Such pedantic rules :evil:
If you watch the replay it appears that Drogba SHOT at goal
and it was going wide.

The deflection took the shot into Crespo's path

The KC was the defender's :wink:

Elvis77
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 15 seasons inc 2 sub 5k and 2 sub 70k finishes. Must try harder

Post by Elvis77 »

Man United 2-0 Arsenal
Rooney (Silvestre)
Park (Neville, Rooney)

What did Neville do to help Park put the ball in the net? Did he get a ghost deflection from Rooneys cross because Rooney done all that on his own IMO.

Crompton
Dumbledore

Post by Crompton »

Elvis77 wrote:Man United 2-0 Arsenal
Rooney (Silvestre)
Park (Neville, Rooney)

What did Neville do to help Park put the ball in the net? Did he get a ghost deflection from Rooneys cross because Rooney done all that on his own IMO.
He played the defence splitting ball to Rooney :D

Elvis77
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Elvis77 »

Crompton wrote:
Rooney (Silvestre)
Park (Neville, Rooney)

Haha Homer ive played this game long enough to realize that KC's are given for a defence splitting pass which results in a direct goal. Did Rooney not hold of the defender then only just scrape the cross in. All Rooneys work still in my opinion! :lol:

unhappyhoppy
DumbleSaint
FS Record: TFF 10/11 3rd. Now sorting out Happyhoppy's mess.

Post by unhappyhoppy »

Agree. There have been many that have not been given that were far more of a KC than Nevilles so called contribution. It was all Rooney for that goal.

Crompton
Dumbledore

Post by Crompton »

Elvis77 wrote:
Crompton wrote:
Rooney (Silvestre)
Park (Neville, Rooney)

Haha Homer ive played this game long enough to realize that KC's are given for a defence splitting pass which results in a direct goal. Did Rooney not hold of the defender then only just scrape the cross in. All Rooneys work still in my opinion! :lol:
Haha Dead singer

consult the KC guru Bramernic then if you feel that stongly, if you had played the game long enough you must of surely known a KC for Neville. How do you think in your extensive playing of the FF have teams been awarded with 2 KC for goals if by your view (direct goal) how can a second KC ever be given if a pass must result in a direct goal (whatever you mean by the term direct goal?)

What has only just scraping a cross in got to do with it?

Elvis77
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Elvis77 »

We will agree to disagree my friend as I dont have a clue what your trying to say!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “TFF KCs & MOTM History to May 2007”