To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

KCs and MotM for Week 34 Mar 29th and Apr 1st 2nd 3rd

A Forum holding the historic Key Contributions (KCs) and Man of The Matches (MOTM) data from TFF from 2005 up to May 2007
Bramernic
Dumbledore
FS Record: Plenty of super league prizes, nothing from the organisers.

Post by Bramernic »

BBTD wrote:I assume brameric you dont know the assists your just the best by a mile at predicting them with no bias or ewt. Whenever ive looked you have been spot on. has there ever been one you have got wrong out of interest.
Thanks for your comments BBTD, it's Bramernic by the way. I wouldn't say I'm the best by a mile, but yes, I do try to ignore who might or might not be in my teams. Yes I have been wrong, in fact most weeks I'll either suggest one that isn't given or miss one that is.

uncsimes
Grumpy Old Uncle, smells faintly of wee?

Post by uncsimes »

Bramernic wrote:
BBTD wrote:I assume brameric you dont know the assists your just the best by a mile at predicting them with no bias or ewt. Whenever ive looked you have been spot on. has there ever been one you have got wrong out of interest.
Thanks for your comments BBTD, it's Bramernic by the way. I wouldn't say I'm the best by a mile, but yes, I do try to ignore who might or might not be in my teams. Yes I have been wrong, in fact most weeks I'll either suggest one that isn't given or miss one that is.
I think your underselling yourself Bramernic. Yep you correct yourself on the odd one, but these are usually the 'close call' ones and you've usually flagged your doubt in the post anyway, but if you want the best summary of likely KC's then Bram's posts are deffo the ones to look for.

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

Bramernic wrote: Thanks for your comments BBTD, it's Bramernic by the way.
So yet another person thought it was Brameric rather than Bramernic. I wonder why so many of us naturally miss out the 'N'. Weird.

Neath boy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Egg Cup Premier league champions 2011-12 and 2012-13. Fiso H2H PremierLeague champion 2015/16. FISO Super League regular season champion 2016-17.

Post by Neath boy »

I don't normally disagree bith Mramernic, but do think Nolan will get a kc for the Bolton goal.

Judio
Dumbledore

Post by Judio »

I second that question on Nolan??

Judio
Dumbledore

Post by Judio »

The SUNDAY TIMES have Picked the following
for their MotM

Henry (Arsenal)
Tebily (Birmingham)
Saha (Man U)
Stead (Sunderland)
Lua Lua (Portsmouth)
Bowyer (Newcastle)
Alonso (Liverpool)

thespecialone
FISO Knight

Post by thespecialone »

Judio wrote:I second that question on Nolan??
cant see why your questioning it.looks nailed on to me :)

Raisin
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Raisin »

Hoping for the Nolan KC but it isn't nailed on. The pass was outside the area, Davies had two touches and beat a defender. Surprised Bram didn't even put it as a possibility though.

thespecialone
FISO Knight

Post by thespecialone »

Raisin wrote:Hoping for the Nolan KC but it isn't nailed on. The pass was outside the area, Davies had two touches and beat a defender. Surprised Bram didn't even put it as a possibility though.
yeah.just noticed he hasnt put it down.its a no go then :lol: if bram says so :wink:

Bramernic
Dumbledore

Post by Bramernic »

The pass was short, outside the area, didn't really take out any defenders and wasn't perfectly posistioned for the scorer to run on to or anything. I did consider suggesting a slim chance, but I'd be surprised if they gave one.

thespecialone
FISO Knight

Post by thespecialone »

Bramernic wrote:The pass was short, outside the area, didn't really take out any defenders and wasn't perfectly posistioned for the scorer to run on to or anything. I did consider suggesting a slim chance, but I'd be surprised if they gave one.
thats true.
was beattie who hooked it back for 1st goal :)

SamD
FISO Knight

Post by SamD »

For comparison purposes, the Sunday Times and Observer man/match decisions on Saturday:

Henry and Adebayor - Arsenal v Villa

Tebily for both - Birmingham v Chelsea

Saha for both - Bolton v Man U

Stead for both - Everton v Sunderland

LuaLua for both - Fulham v Portsmouth

Bowyer for both - Newcastle v Spurs

Alonso and Cisse - WBA v Liverpool

Observer's comments (on two differences with Times):

Emmanuel Adebayor - opened the scoring in a way that showed his usefulness to Arsenal - gobbling up rebounds is not their speciality. But his willingness to work the front line with power and trickery was as impressive.

Djibril Cisse - gave the Albion defence a torrid time as he wreaked havoc down the Liverpool right. He showed awareness to set up the first goal for Robbie Fowler with a superb cross and then crowned it with a strike of his own.

johnjohn
FISOhead

Post by johnjohn »

If cisse gets it over alonso I will be surprised. Alonso had a great game and cisse showed that whilst he can score/create the occasional goal, he still has little all round awareness of where his team mates are.

thespecialone
FISO Knight

Post by thespecialone »

news of the world gave it to

henry(arsenal)
delap(sunderland)
saha(manu)
bowyer(newcastle)
tebily(birm)
alonso(liverpool)
lua lua(ports)

squirter
Treebeard
FS Record: top 1000

Post by squirter »

thespecialone wrote:news of the world gave it to

henry(arsenal)
delap(sunderland)
saha(manu)
bowyer(newcastle)
tebily(birm)
alonso(liverpool)
lua lua(ports)
plenty of similarities between the papers. now lets just wait for the telegraph to spot the unsung heroes that everyone else appears to miss.

the_greatman
Wideboy

Post by the_greatman »

Saha Tebily and Bowyer nailed on in all the Sundays, so watch out for Okocha, Heskey and Owen in rhe Telegraph

reds363
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 28th 06/07; TFFO 3rd 09/10; TFF 3rd 12/13

Post by reds363 »

Bramernic wrote:Arsenal 5-0 Aston Villa
Adebayor (-) Henry definitely won't get a KC, but he does deserve it
Henry (Reyes)
Henry (-)
Van Persie (-)
Diaby (Adebayor)
I agree that the rules should allow KCs for situations like this (OFL gives an assist if it is a last-man goalline clearance), but I'm not unhappy about this cos it's Henry. :D
I can see a KC for Adebayor for giving Henry the space for his 2nd goal (even though it was 25-ish yards out), and therefore one for Eboue too. And even though Van Persie took a long time to score Pires might get one for the initial pass to put him in on goal.
Bramernic wrote:Bolton 1-2 Man United
Davies (-)
Saha (Silvestre)
van Nistelrooy (O'Shea, Saha)
I think it's 50/50 for Nolan - Davies only had 2 touches and the goal was from inside the area - you could possibly argue Nolan's pass was well-positioned to allow Davies to run on and knock it past the defender... not sure. But again I won't be unhappy if he doesn't get it.
Bramernic wrote:Everton 2-2 Sunderland
Osman (Naysmith, ?Beattie) It looked like Beattie, but no help from either commentator or replays
Stead (Leadbiter, Collins)
McFadden (Neville) I don't think either defender touched it, certainly not significantly
Delap (Whitehead)
It was definitely Beattie for the first goal, and it was Brown (no. 20), not Collins, who headed on the corner for Stead's goal.
Bramernic wrote:West Brom 0-2 Liverpool
Fowler (Cisse)
Cisse (Alonso)
I know Cisse had at least 3 touches but Alonso deserves a KC for the pass behind the defence (for Fowler's goal).

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Cisse :shock: Remind me never to by the badly named 'Observer'

The Jezster
Dumbledore

Post by The Jezster »

Cisse was excellent, im not really sure why you would be surprised by that actually murf. Forget his past and just look at the game yesterday, he and Alonso stood out. Either would be a fair reflection of MOTM in my opinion

chaser2k4
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 1 Motw in 2006 tffe, top 500 finish in euro 2008 tff! trying to break into that top 1000 in tff. much better at shorter games.

Post by chaser2k4 »

Man City 0 - 1 Middlesbrough

Cattermole ( Downing)

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

The Jezster wrote:Cisse was excellent, im not really sure why you would be surprised by that actually murf. Forget his past and just look at the game yesterday, he and Alonso stood out. Either would be a fair reflection of MOTM in my opinion
Cisse was good at times (frustrating at others as ever). A valid candidate for second best MOTM but Alonso was head and shoulders above and the shock was more at it not being him.

(I didn't see the last 10 minutes so maybe I'm not fit to judge anyway :wink: )

Bramernic
Dumbledore

Post by Bramernic »

reds363 wrote:I can see a KC for Adebayor for giving Henry the space for his 2nd goal (even though it was 25-ish yards out), and therefore one for Eboue too. And even though Van Persie took a long time to score Pires might get one for the initial pass to put him in on goal.
Although they do give KCs for shots just outside the area, Henry was further out than the edge of the D, which I feel is just too far. RvP touched the ball at least 6 times and had to get round the keeper, you surely aren't seriously suggesting that the original pass had any bearing on that goal. If he'd shot straight away yes, but that must be an example of "the striker did too much".
reds363 wrote:I think it's 50/50 for Nolan - Davies only had 2 touches and the goal was from inside the area - you could possibly argue Nolan's pass was well-positioned to allow Davies to run on and knock it past the defender... not sure. But again I won't be unhappy if he doesn't get it.
I've looked at it again. There were no players between Nolan and Davies and plenty between Davies and the goal. This is very similar to the short free kick to a player who blasts it and they don't give a KC in that instance either.
reds363 wrote:It was definitely Beattie for the first goal, and it was Brown (no. 20), not Collins, who headed on the corner for Stead's goal.
Thanks for both - the commentator was worse than useless for that game, he hardly named any players.
reds363 wrote:I know Cisse had at least 3 touches but Alonso deserves a KC for the pass behind the defence (for Fowler's goal).
Where two KCs are awarded, the player in the middle usually only has one touch. Sometimes they allow two, but I've never seen any more.

Hammertime
Grumpy Old Hammer
FS Record: Some success and a lot of failure

Post by Hammertime »

Hammers 0 Charlton 0 :(

MOTM possibles - Mullins, Etherington, Kishishev, Perry ??
Teddy almost got 40th birthday present, good save from Myhre

Dazza
FISOhead

Post by Dazza »

Hammertime wrote:Hammers 0 Charlton 0 :(

MOTM possibles - Mullins, Etherington, Kishishev, Perry ??
Teddy almost got 40th birthday present, good save from Myhre
Very hard one to call today. Kishishev and Myhre did the 2 key things that made the most difference to the scoreline. Mullins, Etherington and Perry all had very good games as well tho. I think the reporter will go with home advantage and Mullins will poss get it.

Dr. Pepper
FISOhead

Post by Dr. Pepper »

the_greatman wrote:Saha Tebily and Bowyer nailed on in all the Sundays, so watch out for Okocha, Heskey and Owen in rhe Telegraph
OWEN???

mstylianou
Treebeard

Post by mstylianou »

More likely than Heskey to be fair.

Bramernic
Dumbledore

Post by Bramernic »

Just the one goal tonight, so here's my view while watching MOTD2.

*** Now confirmed with TTF ***

Man City 0-1 Middlesbrough
Cattermole (Downing) Rochemback poss not given

West Ham 0-0 Charlton
Last edited by Bramernic on 03 Apr 2006, 10:13, edited 1 time in total.

reds363
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 28th 06/07; TFFO 3rd 09/10; TFF 3rd 12/13

Post by reds363 »

Bramernic wrote:poss Rochemback
No chance IMO, it wasn't defence-splitting.

browny
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won a few prizes

Post by browny »

Man of the Match

Danny Gabbidon (West Ham).
David James (Manchester City)
Xabi Alonso (Liverpool).
Lee Bowyer (Newcastle)
Lomana LuaLua (Portsmouth)
Jussi Jaaskelainen (Bolton)
Jonathan Stead (Sunderland)
Nicky Butt (Birmingham)
Thierry Henry (Arsenal)

axel
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF superleague winner 08/09 & 11/12, Euro 08 superleague winner, 64th in TFC08, Fantasy Cricket 08/09 + 09/10 SL winner

Post by axel »

Common sense prevailed and they gave Henry MOTM, well done Telegraph :wink:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “TFF KCs & MOTM History to May 2007”