To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Week 37 KCs and MotM Apr 28th, 29th and 30th

A Forum holding the historic Key Contributions (KCs) and Man of The Matches (MOTM) data from TFF from 2005 up to May 2007
dilwar
FISOhead
FS Record: Finished 1264th first season - Highest ever position 627th

Post by dilwar »

scarletjim wrote:
dilwar wrote:
I am watching the goals honest! She's 8 weeks old and being a real pain today!
Well, let her have a go at typing then, she can't be any worse than you. :lol: Only joking mate. :D
Ha ha :shock:

At least I know which WEEK it is! :P

Jameselaprendi
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Jameselaprendi »

Everton 2, Manchester United 4
Stubbs (-)
Fernandes (-)
O'Shea (Poss Giggs)
P Neville OG (poss Ronaldo)
Rooney (poss OShea, Ronaldo)
Chris Eagles (poss Rooney)

For the Rooney goal, Ronaldo fed the ball wide to OShea who crossed first time but then rooney took 2-3 touches before scoring. Another reason the KCs will probably not be given is that it did skim of Carsley's head, tho it really didnt change the path of the ball much.... I like to tease 8-)

Flag
Treebeard

Post by Flag »

Eagles goal definitely a Rooney assist. Great pass.

johnjohn
FISOhead

Post by johnjohn »

Question for the FISO KC guru's, for Blackburn's 3rd goal, any chance of a double KC for Benni and Peds?

HERO OF CANTON
FISOhead

Post by HERO OF CANTON »

johnjohn wrote:Question for the FISO KC guru's, for Blackburn's 3rd goal, any chance of a double KC for Benni and Peds?
Yes and Yes.

HERO OF CANTON
FISOhead

Post by HERO OF CANTON »

Everton 2, Manchester United 4

Stubbs (-)
Fernandes (-)
O'Shea (Definately Giggs)
P Neville OG (Definately Ronaldo)
Rooney (-)
Chris Eagles (poss Rooney)

Chelsea 2 Bolton 2

KC: Bridge (dont know about Bolton)

Blackburn 4 - 1 Charlton

KC: 2 for Pedersen, 1 for McCarthey, 0 for Samba (none for Warnock too though after seeing it the fact that it's not -5 should be enough for us with him.)

Bramernic
Dumbledore
FS Record: Plenty of super league prizes, nothing from the organisers.

Post by Bramernic »

My view of potential KCs from Saturday after watching MOTD (and the cricket)

*** Now Confirmed on TFFO ***

Blackburn 4-1 Charlton
Roberts (-)
D Bent (-)
Hreidarsson og (Emerton, Pedersen)
Roberts (McCarthy, Pedersen)
Derbyshire (Samba)

Chelsea 2-2 Bolton
Michalik (-)
Kalou (Bridge)
Jaaskelainen og (-)
Davies (Tal)

Everton 2-4 Man United
Stubbs (-)
Fernandes (Arteta)
O'Shea (Giggs)
Neville og (-)
Rooney (-)
Eagles (Rooney)

Man City 0-2 Aston Villa
Carew (Young)
Maloney (-)

Middlesbrough 2-3 Tottenham
Keane (Berbatov)
Berbatov (Ghaly)
Viduka (Downing)
Keane (Jenas, Lennon)
Pogatetz (Rochemback)

Portsmouth 2-1 Liverpool
Mwaruwari (James)
Kranjcar (Lauren)
Hyypia (Fowler)

Sheffield United 1-0 Watford
Powell og (Tonge)

Wigan 0-3 West Ham
Boa Morte (Neill)
Benayoun (Zamora)
Harewood (Reo Coker, Boa Morte)
Last edited by Bramernic on 30 Apr 2007, 15:54, edited 3 times in total.

Jameselaprendi
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Jameselaprendi »

I know this is an old debate and I know rules is rules so Im not arguing with Bram as im confident that he's called them right, but some of those KCs that wont be given seem a bit pointless (literally).

Whats the point in KCs if not to reward Kalou for that strong header on target that 2 defending players could not keep out? Ditto for Ronaldo. It doesnt even make much difference in the grand scheme of things but it seems pedantic not to give the KCs when plenty other KCs are given for a lot less 'key' contributions.

unhappyhoppy
DumbleSaint
FS Record: TFF 10/11 3rd. Now sorting out Happyhoppy's mess.

Post by unhappyhoppy »

Agreed, they should have the power to give a KC contrary to the specific rules in exceptional circumstances and therefore Kalou should get one, its farcical that he shouldnt. PS I dont have him.

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Bram: I only saw the Hreidersson own goal once but surely the ball was deflected significantly by another Charlton player onto Hreidersson. It appeard to have been sufficient to have negated the KC's had Hreidersson been a Blackburn player, so why not negate them in this case?

Hammertime
Grumpy Old Hammer
FS Record: Some success and a lot of failure

Post by Hammertime »

Looking at a different angle at the Neville OG, I think Ronaldo should get a KC as his second touch was goalbound when Neville slashed it in, but everyone has him and it doesn't make any difference :wink:

Also don't think it's been mentioned about Joey Barton's missed penalty for anyone who hasn't seen the highlights, so a minus 3 for him.

chaser2k4
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 1 Motw in 2006 tffe, top 500 finish in euro 2008 tff! trying to break into that top 1000 in tff. much better at shorter games.

Post by chaser2k4 »

Hammertime wrote:Looking at a different angle at the Neville OG, I think Ronaldo should get a KC as his second touch was goalbound when Neville slashed it in, but everyone has him and it doesn't make any difference :wink:

Also don't think it's been mentioned about Joey Barton's missed penalty for anyone who hasn't seen the highlights, so a minus 3 for him.
Have to agree with the Ronaldo comment, he got a touch, possibly a shot in and it went to neville , although may have got a touch off hibbert.

thepole
Grumpy Poled Man
FS Record: Legendary

Post by thepole »

Striker wrote:Bram: I only saw the Hreidersson own goal once but surely the ball was deflected significantly by another Charlton player onto Hreidersson. It appeard to have been sufficient to have negated the KC's had Hreidersson been a Blackburn player, so why not negate them in this case?
Wasn't the original deflection off Hreidersson, then another Charlton player thried to scramble it away and kicked it in his own net, but the OG was given to Hreidersson as the ball was going in before the second player kicked it :?: (I'm not 100% sure)

aldo1
Grumpy Old Man

Post by aldo1 »

Hammertime wrote: Also don't think it's been mentioned about Joey Barton's missed penalty for anyone who hasn't seen the highlights, so a minus 3 for him.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHH,.. that's a horrible thing to read,.. just about had a seizure

My best team has him (dont ask me why!!) and i didnt know this,.. jesus,.. i hate this game.

I'm having a terrible time of it to be honest

Team in 13th now confirmed as scoring 13,.. not 18... great :(

Hammertime
Grumpy Old Hammer

Post by Hammertime »

Ars 1 Ful 0
Baptista (adebeyor)

Only 7 more needed :wink:

Anubis
Grumpy Old Olly
FS Record: Manager of the week 26th 27th August 2007:-),£50 at MOTM,leader of the starting X1 league Dec 14th 2010

Post by Anubis »

Yeah a few more goals for the gunners

Hammertime
Grumpy Old Hammer

Post by Hammertime »

A Clichy goal and clean sheet would make a nice change :roll:

Was thinking more about Fulham goal difference over West Ham, so today I'm a Gunners fan :oops:

Anubis
Grumpy Old Olly
FS Record: Manager of the week 26th 27th August 2007:-),£50 at MOTM,leader of the starting X1 league Dec 14th 2010

Post by Anubis »

Clichy for my 2nd half starting :) X1

Hammertime
Grumpy Old Hammer

Post by Hammertime »

1-1
Davies (no KC)
Terrible punch by Lehmann leaving his goal open and Davies lobbed it in.

Knew it was too much to expect that Arsenal could keep a clean sheet :evil:

Hammertime
Grumpy Old Hammer

Post by Hammertime »

2-1
Adebeyor (poss Fabregas)
Pass to him was well outside the area, and he took it on and scored.

Now a penalty to Arsenal, Hleb fouled
3-1
Gilberto (Hleb)

itchy
Red & Blue Braces

Post by itchy »

If Rooney gets one for Eagles goal, then surely Fab should get one for Adebayor (they both did about the same with the ball before scoring)?!?!

Judio
Dumbledore

Post by Judio »

Adebayor was in the D when he scored
So it will be aKC for Fabregas

Arsenal 3-1 Fulham
Baptista (Adebayor)
Davies (-)
Adebayor (Fabregas)
Silva (Hleb)

buryboy
Treebeard

Post by buryboy »

I think there are a few goals this week that fall into the "debatable KC" category.
I personally don't think Fab will get one , he didn't split they defence like Rooney, who I think will get one
But I do think both Oshea and Ronaldo will get one for the Rooney goal , don't think the deflection off Carsley was significant enough
Also wouldn't be too surprised to see Samba get two , but he could just as equally get none. Warnock really should get an assist for the Charlton goal !!

Now there's a new twist on FF , how about negative points for a bad back pass , losing possession , a keeper howler etc that results in a goal ?
It seems to me unfair that the whole defence gets penalised the same as the guy whose just made a cock-up for a goal , and why should a bloke get positive points for a KC , if he goes down the other end and gives the ball straight to the oppo forward who slams in the equaliser ?

Bramernic
Dumbledore
FS Record: Plenty of super league prizes, nothing from the organisers.

Post by Bramernic »

OK, a brief explanation on why I think some KCs will be given and why others probably won't be.

Hreidarsson og: The commentator said it deflected off El Karkouri, but looking at the replays the touch was extremely slight if at all. It looked like the ball just went through his legs. More likely is that it bounced off both of Hreidarsson's legs. That's why I think the preceeding KCs will be given.

Neville og: At least one and possibly two defenders knocked the ball before Neville touched it in and the direction significantly changed, so I'd say there's no chance of a KC.

Rooney: Although the angle of the change in direction caused by Carsley's head wasn't great, if the ball had continued on it's original path it definitely wouldn't have reached Rooney, so in terms of the actual goal scored, the defender intervention was significant.

PSA
Grumpy Old Man

Post by PSA »

Bramernic wrote:OK, a brief explanation on why I think some KCs will be given and why others probably won't be.

Hreidarsson og: The commentator said it deflected off El Karkouri, but looking at the replays the touch was extremely slight if at all. It looked like the ball just went through his legs. More likely is that it bounced off both of Hreidarsson's legs. That's why I think the preceeding KCs will be given.

Neville og: At least one and possibly two defenders knocked the ball before Neville touched it in and the direction significantly changed, so I'd say there's no chance of a KC.

Rooney: Although the angle of the change in direction caused by Carsley's head wasn't great, if the ball had continued on it's original path it definitely wouldn't have reached Rooney, so in terms of the actual goal scored, the defender intervention was significant.

I agree with this one for certain. Main reason i think it won't be given with any KC's is that it looks like the ball was going to Ronaldo but the deflection (whoever slight) did take it away from the originally intended player.

buryboy
Treebeard

Post by buryboy »

having watched it again on youtube , think you could both be right re the Rooney goal - I was sure when I first saw it on MOTD it was going to Rooney - is it possible that someone has since "airbrushed" Ronaldo in there ? :wink:

squirter
Treebeard
FS Record: top 1000

Post by squirter »

Judio wrote:Adebayor was in the D when he scored

Arsenal 3-1 Fulham
Baptista (Adebayor)
Davies (-)
Adebayor (Fabregas)
Silva (Hleb)
makes absolutely no difference where adebayor scored from. its how influential the pass was. what about a ball to adebayor who picks it up in the centre circle and then scores from in the d - would that be a KC?!

Hammertime
Grumpy Old Hammer

Post by Hammertime »

Not saying it will certainly be given :wink:
But having seen the Neville OG from the reverse angle on Sky it shows Ronaldo heading it, the goalie saving with his feet, the ball laying just in front of the keeper while Vaughan and Hibbert are trying to clear it with Vaughan falling over the keeper and Ronaldo poking it goalwards, then Neville's sliced clearance into the net.
The MOTD highlights showed 3 different angles and it wasn't obvious on any, but the reverse angle on sky showed it clearly.

I know it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things but will be interested to see if the TFF adjudicator looks at these things :wink:

-----
The O'Shea cross was actually heading towards Giggs just to clear up the argument :wink:
Last edited by Hammertime on 29 Apr 2007, 21:25, edited 1 time in total.

brogie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by brogie »

squirter wrote:

Arsenal 3-1 Fulham
Baptista (Adebayor)
Davies (-)
Adebayor (Fabregas)
Silva (Hleb)
makes absolutely no difference where adebayor scored from. its how influential the pass was. what about a ball to adebayor who picks it up in the centre circle and then scores from in the d - would that be a KC?!
it makes all the difference. in TFF KC's are usually only given for goals scored inside the box. The D is considered inside the box.

squirter
Treebeard
FS Record: top 1000

Post by squirter »

brogie wrote:
squirter wrote:

Arsenal 3-1 Fulham
Baptista (Adebayor)
Davies (-)
Adebayor (Fabregas)
Silva (Hleb)
it makes all the difference. in TFF KC's are usually only given for goals scored inside the box. The D is considered inside the box.
show me the rule that mentions KC's depending on whether the goal is scored from inside the box or not.

i know that KCs are normally only given for goals from inside the box but that doesnt mean that all goals inside the box receive a KC.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “TFF KCs & MOTM History to May 2007”