To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Week 30 KCs and MotM Mar 10th and 11th

A Forum holding the historic Key Contributions (KCs) and Man of The Matches (MOTM) data from TFF from 2005 up to May 2007
mupper
Treebeard

Post by mupper »

I thought the lampard second goal came off the defender too :?

Pouzar
Dumbledore
FS Record: 3rd in TFFO 2005

Post by Pouzar »

On Lampard's second it seemed to me after watching multiple replays that Bllack headed it forward, Drogba stabbed it back and the ball brushed Kalou's leg and fell to Lampard. Not 100 per cent, but I don't think the defender got a touch. I awit the Bramnerian verdict. Hell of a match.
Last edited by Pouzar on 11 Mar 2007, 14:51, edited 1 time in total.

Jester
Sir Jedi Jesterlot
FS Record: TFC 2008 T20 winner; EggCup Div 1 06/07; Two-Foot Cup 2018; S4 EPL Cup 2020

Post by Jester »

gilva18 wrote:No Drog assist for Chelseas 2nd goal, came off defender, Drog knew nothing about it

I think you're wrong there - when in the box it doesn't seem to matter how much the last touch knew about it...?!
Last edited by Jester on 11 Mar 2007, 14:51, edited 1 time in total.

gilva18
Red & Blue Braces

Post by gilva18 »

Bramernic wrote:And after double checking the replays at the end, my thoughts on potential KCs from game 2 of the 4:

Chelsea 3-3 Tottenham
Berbatov (Lennon)
Lampard (Ballack)
Essien og (Lennon)
Ghaly (-)
Lampard (Ballack, Drogba)
Kalou (Carvalho, Drogba)
Bram
As much as I respect your predictions as they are so often correct, I would ask you to look at Chelseas 2nd goal again. I have slowed it down several times and I cannot see Drogba touching it, it clearly comes off a defender. I have the Drog so it would be nice but he does not touch it.

Stower79
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Previously placed Top 20 Sun DreamTeam, Top 20 TFF, TFF Divisional winner, Top 500 FPL

Post by Stower79 »

crabby wrote:
Bramernic wrote:And after double checking the replays at the end, my thoughts on potential KCs from game 2 of the 4:

Chelsea 3-3 Tottenham
Berbatov (Lennon)
Lampard (Ballack)
Essien og (Lennon)
Ghaly (-)
Kalou (Carvalho, Drogba)
Drogba for 2 how sure on that one Bram i didnt watch the replays to many times mind?
I'm not so sure about Drogba for 2 KC's. The replays I saw were inconclusive whether or not it was touched by Drogba or a Spurs defender. I know I shouldn't doubt Bramernic!
Last edited by Stower79 on 11 Mar 2007, 14:52, edited 1 time in total.

Raisin
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Raisin »

Stower79 wrote:
crabby wrote:

Chelsea 3-3 Tottenham
Berbatov (Lennon)
Lampard (Ballack)
Essien og (Lennon)
Ghaly (-)
Kalou (Carvalho, Drogba)
Drogba for 2 how sure on that one Bram i didnt watch the replays to many times mind?
I'm not so sure about Drogba for 2 KC's. The replays I saw were inconclusive whether or not it was touched by Drogda or a Spurs defender.
Drogba laid it back. Watched the slomos very carefully.

Andy2005
FISOhead
FS Record: TFF 08/9 161st; 12/13 589th; 15/16 2,827th

Post by Andy2005 »

Pouzar is right...Chelsea's second, was prodded away from goal by Drogba but caught a deflection off Kalou to fall prettily for Lampard.
(btw, is there anything Lampard does that doesn't involve a deflection? geez)

dogsoggy
Treebeard

Post by dogsoggy »

gilva18 wrote:

Chelsea 3-3 Tottenham
Berbatov (Lennon)
Lampard (Ballack)
Essien og (Lennon)
Ghaly (-)
Kalou (Carvalho, Drogba)
Bram
As much as I respect your predictions as they are so often correct, I would ask you to look at Chelseas 2nd goal again. I have slowed it down several times and I cannot see Drogba touching it, it clearly comes off a defender. I have the Drog so it would be nice but he does not touch it.
I agree with Bram it was a Drogba KC, You can see clearly he does 5 keepy uppies before laying it back.

:wink:

crabby
Dumbledore

Post by crabby »

I think most people would like a man who scores 20 (deflected) goals from midfield lol.

Stower79
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Previously placed Top 20 Sun DreamTeam, Top 20 TFF, TFF Divisional winner, Top 500 FPL

Post by Stower79 »

crabby wrote:I think most people would like a man who scores 20 (deflected) goals from midfield lol.
In all fairness his first was a great instinctive finish. So we have many different opinions on Chelsea's second then. :?

crabby
Dumbledore

Post by crabby »

Stower79 wrote:
crabby wrote:I think most people would like a man who scores 20 (deflected) goals from midfield lol.
In all fairness his first was a great instinctive finish. So we have many different opinions on Chelsea's second then. :?
I was defending Frank dont worry thought he played great today led from the front especially in the second half .

Bramernic
Dumbledore
FS Record: Plenty of super league prizes, nothing from the organisers.

Post by Bramernic »

gilva18 wrote:Bram
I'd like to be able to do that, but the video was required for other purposes (or I wouldn't have been able to watch the match live), so it'll have to wait for the highlights on BBCi later (assuming that they don't only show the Sky game). My recollection at the time was that Drogba's leg touched it back to Lampard, what I wasn't clear about was who shot it in in the first place.

gilva18
Red & Blue Braces

Post by gilva18 »

For Chelsea's 2nd, watch the replay very carefully as I have done, esp from the angle that the beeb showed looking across the pen box. Ballack gets up and heads towards goal. Drogba, wearing blue boots, takes a swing at the ball and misses, then a white boot belonging to the spurs number 33 prods the ball to Lamps who scores. No doubt about it, 100% no to Drog assist.

crabby
Dumbledore

Post by crabby »

gilva18 wrote:For Chelsea's 2nd, watch the replay very carefully as I have done, esp from the angle that the beeb showed looking across the pen box. Ballack gets up and heads towards goal. Drogba, wearing blue boots, takes a swing at the ball and misses, then a white boot belonging to the spurs number 33 prods the ball to Lamps who scores. No doubt about it, 100% no to Drog assist.
You seem very sure i'll laugh if ya wrong lol.

thespecialone
FISO Knight

Post by thespecialone »

first chelsea goal was
lampard(shevchenko,ballack).
come on bram :roll: :wink:

on the 2nd chelski goal im not convinced totally it hit drogbas leg.
must admit im favouring NO on this.
if so then ballack will get a kc for the glancing header.
Last edited by thespecialone on 11 Mar 2007, 15:22, edited 2 times in total.

saboo
Treebeard

Post by saboo »

gilva18 wrote:For Chelsea's 2nd, watch the replay very carefully as I have done, esp from the angle that the beeb showed looking across the pen box. Ballack gets up and heads towards goal. Drogba, wearing blue boots, takes a swing at the ball and misses, then a white boot belonging to the spurs number 33 prods the ball to Lamps who scores. No doubt about it, 100% no to Drog assist.
Tempted to agree with you. I only saw it twice but it looked like Rocha that played it back to Lampard.

gilva18
Red & Blue Braces

Post by gilva18 »

crabby wrote:
I would never put 100% down unless I was totally sure. The beauty with sky plus is you can slow the action down and it is still very clear to view. Anybody who has recorded the game, watch the 2nd Chelsea goal again. The beeb show 4 replays of it, watch the 4th reply (view across the box)

sted
Dumbledore
Location: Outside, fighting 3 big fellas and drinking beer at the same time.

Post by sted »

I've watched it a few times, and it wasn't a Drogba KC.

But the Telegraph just come on here and copy what Bram says.....

so it was a Drogba KC. :wink:

Stower79
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stower79 »

sted wrote:I've watched it a few times, and it wasn't a Drogba KC.

But the Telegraph just come on here and copy what Bram says.....

so it was a Drogba KC. :wink:
If so, can Bram give Defoe a KC as well? :wink:

mupper
Treebeard

Post by mupper »

I totally agree gilva...... I replayed it a few times..........and I'll be chuffed if I'm right......not too often us girlies get these things correct after all!! :lol: :P

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

mupper wrote:
I totally agree gilva...... I replayed it a few times..........and I'll be chuffed if I'm right......not too often us girlies get these things correct after all!! :lol: :P
Three of us watched it multiple times and we also all agree we don't think it came off drogba.

crabby
Dumbledore

Post by crabby »

gilva18 wrote:
crabby wrote:
I would never put 100% down unless I was totally sure. The beauty with sky plus is you can slow the action down and it is still very clear to view. Anybody who has recorded the game, watch the 2nd Chelsea goal again. The beeb show 4 replays of it, watch the 4th reply (view across the box)
Fairplay was only joking have only seen the goal a couple of times and wasnt sure so ya may well be right.

robbielee
Dumbledore
FS Record: GQ Best Dressed Man 2008, Smash Hits Most Fanciable Male

Post by robbielee »

I too have watched a fair few replays of the 2nd Chelsea goal and unfortunately one angle does show that it clearly comes off the white boot of a Spurs defender, most other angles it looks like Drogba but one angle clearly shows it coming off a white boot. I'd think Drogba would have more of a chance for a KC on the 1st goal than the 2nd. Is there any rule about how many players can get a KC for one goal?? Drogba did some great work down the right, crossed with his left peg, his cross then touched once by Shev to Ballack, his shot turned in by Lamps. So from Drogba's cross there were just 3 touches before the ball was in the net (one from Shev, Ballack and FFL). At the very least I'd expect Shev to also get a KC and not just Ballack.

DixieDean
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: 2 Top 100 finishes in TFFO; £270 in CYKI since 2008

Post by DixieDean »

robbielee wrote:I too have watched a fair few replays of the 2nd Chelsea goal and unfortunately one angle does show that it clearly comes off the white boot of a Spurs defender, most other angles it looks like Drogba but one angle clearly shows it coming off a white boot. I'd think Drogba would have more of a chance for a KC on the 1st goal than the 2nd. Is there any rule about how many players can get a KC for one goal?? Drogba did some great work down the right, crossed with his left peg, his cross then touched once by Shev to Ballack, his shot turned in by Lamps. So from Drogba's cross there were just 3 touches before the ball was in the net (one from Shev, Ballack and FFL). At the very least I'd expect Shev to also get a KC and not just Ballack.
No chance for Drogba on the first...

robbielee
Dumbledore
FS Record: GQ Best Dressed Man 2008, Smash Hits Most Fanciable Male

Post by robbielee »

DixieDean wrote:
robbielee wrote:I too have watched a fair few replays of the 2nd Chelsea goal and unfortunately one angle does show that it clearly comes off the white boot of a Spurs defender, most other angles it looks like Drogba but one angle clearly shows it coming off a white boot. I'd think Drogba would have more of a chance for a KC on the 1st goal than the 2nd. Is there any rule about how many players can get a KC for one goal?? Drogba did some great work down the right, crossed with his left peg, his cross then touched once by Shev to Ballack, his shot turned in by Lamps. So from Drogba's cross there were just 3 touches before the ball was in the net (one from Shev, Ballack and FFL). At the very least I'd expect Shev to also get a KC and not just Ballack.
More chance for the 1st than the 2nd though! At least he was involved in the 1st!

crabby
Dumbledore

Post by crabby »

Anyone see the blackburn goal any assist? Watching the English beat the frogs at Rugger atm so not watching?

DixieDean
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: 2 Top 100 finishes in TFFO; £270 in CYKI since 2008

Post by DixieDean »

robbielee wrote:
DixieDean wrote:
More chance for the 1st than the 2nd though! At least he was involved in the 1st!
100% no KC for the first imho.

Stower79
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stower79 »

crabby wrote:Anyone see the blackburn goal any assist? Watching the English beat the frogs at Rugger atm so not watching?
No KC for Mokoena's goal.

crabby
Dumbledore

Post by crabby »

Stower79 wrote:
crabby wrote:Anyone see the blackburn goal any assist? Watching the English beat the frogs at Rugger atm so not watching?
Cheers mate.

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

Stower79 wrote:
Just to explain, cross came in, McCarthy (I think) went up to head it but defender got there first, it fell to Mok, he tried to do something with it and it hit a defender then came back to him, had another go at it and buried it. Think that's roughly correct. Definitely no KC.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “TFF KCs & MOTM History to May 2007”