To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Week 28 KCs and MotM Feb 21st, 24th and 25th

A Forum holding the historic Key Contributions (KCs) and Man of The Matches (MOTM) data from TFF from 2005 up to May 2007
browny
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won a few prizes

Post by browny »

axel wrote:
Bramernic wrote:Anyway, he didn't get one according to TFFO, nor did Arca. Everything as predicted apart from no to Arteta and yes to Tainio.
How many KCs for Downing? 1,2 or 0.
1 KC for Downing

shtommer
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Nearly man

Post by shtommer »

How come Stevie G only got 1 KC despite being fouled for both penalties?

cheekychappy99
Red & Blue Braces

Post by cheekychappy99 »

shtommer wrote:How come Stevie G only got 1 KC despite being fouled for both penalties?
Wasn't in possession of the ball for the first one.

tully
Red & Blue Braces

Post by tully »

Can see why Stevie G didn't get the KC for the 1st penalty....but cannot believe Campo didnt get one for Boltons....simple if Keane hadnt have handled the ball Campo would have scored.
How a KC can be given for someone who is tripped in the box when they dont have a 100 % chance of scoring and one not given when you are certain to score until somebody handles the ball on the line to stop the ball going in is beyond belief.
PS....I DONT HAVE CAMPO :? :? :?

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

tully wrote:Can see why Stevie G didn't get the KC for the 1st penalty....but cannot believe Campo didnt get one for Boltons....simple if Keane hadnt have handled the ball Campo would have scored.
How a KC can be given for someone who is tripped in the box when they dont have a 100 % chance of scoring and one not given when you are certain to score until somebody handles the ball on the line to stop the ball going in is beyond belief.
Because that is the rules...

Maybe they need a tweak but the interpretation was spot on.

AJC1964
Grumpy Old Man
Location: On the 16th at the FISO Scotland Golf Day with 39 points in the bag.
FS Record: 20k biggest single win was TFF Div1 £5k 2004/05

Post by AJC1964 »

tully wrote:Can see why Stevie G didn't get the KC for the 1st penalty....but cannot believe Campo didnt get one for Boltons....simple if Keane hadnt have handled the ball Campo would have scored.
prehaps they viewed it that the original block stopped it going in, and that when it hit the hand it was not going in.

shame Poll never saw it that way :x

tully
Red & Blue Braces

Post by tully »

Looking at your avatar I can see why you wish he'd seen it that way. Can only say that Murf is right in so much that this rule needs tweaking.
The ref obviously decided Keane had deliberately stopped a goal bound effort by foul means, hence he was sent off and hence this should have been a KC for Campo.

AJC1964
Grumpy Old Man
Location: On the 16th at the FISO Scotland Golf Day with 39 points in the bag.
FS Record: 20k biggest single win was TFF Div1 £5k 2004/05

Post by AJC1964 »

avtar or no avtar, the hand hit the ball after the chest, still a pen no dispute, but to say his hand stopped the ball going in is something diff.

tully
Red & Blue Braces

Post by tully »

The ref didn't see it that way....in tff terms if after viewing the evidence the card is withdrawn he will still be docked the 5 points.
I agree with you that it was chest first then hand and Keane should have stayed on but Campos header was a KC to the award of the penalty.

Bramernic
Dumbledore
FS Record: Plenty of super league prizes, nothing from the organisers.

Post by Bramernic »

I think that there's some confusion here. TFF have never given KCs for hand ball, although I wish they would. I guess it ties in with their view that it's different if a goalkeeper paries a shot compared to a defender on the post. The game that does give assists for stopping goalbound shots with the hand is OFL (and others based on it like Metro, Mail etc).

tully
Red & Blue Braces

Post by tully »

BRAM you are correct but surely this rule should be changed for the occassions where if it wasn't for the handball the ball would definately gone in.....accepted that it hit his chest first in this case although the FA seem to think Keanes second movement of his arm to the ball was deliberate and therefore upheld the RED.

Bramernic
Dumbledore
FS Record: Plenty of super league prizes, nothing from the organisers.

Post by Bramernic »

tully wrote:BRAM you are correct but surely this rule should be changed for the occassions where if it wasn't for the handball the ball would definately gone in.....accepted that it hit his chest first in this case although the FA seem to think Keanes second movement of his arm to the ball was deliberate and therefore upheld the RED.
As I said above, I agree that TFF should award a KC to the attacker when a handball on the line denies a goal. In the incident above, I think it's likely that they would have done so (OFL certainly did) if the rules had already been changed. However, you are preaching to the converted on here. The people to write to are the game organisers.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “TFF KCs & MOTM History to May 2007”