To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Week 27 KCs and MotM Feb 13th, 14th, 17th and 18th

A Forum holding the historic Key Contributions (KCs) and Man of The Matches (MOTM) data from TFF from 2005 up to May 2007
amaidment
FISOhead

Post by amaidment »

Crompton wrote:Hansen hasn't transferred him in as he :wink:

To be honest its utter BS that, If I had Viduka in ALL my teams its would be yeh great 3 extra pts but its still total BS.

You've got to look at the bigger picture here. Say someone wins money be it weekly / monthly or a year prize by the points they gained from this change in MOM.

Sorry Telegraph VERY POOR FORM.
Why? The Telegraph DIDN'T change their mind in any way. The original MOTM came from an email direct from the reporter. That wasn't the official MOTM and telegraph have released the official one.

Since they say in their rules it's done by a department they have every right to question and/or change the reporters choice. For all we know it could be a regular occurrence. In many cases we might agree with any change they make.

So why exactly should this be such a disgrace??

Tricky Tree
FISO Knight

Post by Tricky Tree »

If you can't see why this would annoy people I am frankly staggered

Judio
Dumbledore

Post by Judio »

1 How many games are attended by the sports editor??

2 How many Games are attended by Henry Winter??

Who do you think is better positioned to give an informed opinion??

amaidment
FISOhead

Post by amaidment »

Tricky Tree wrote:If you can't see why this would annoy people I am frankly staggered
Well I can't. For all we know this has gone through the standard TFF MOTM process. The fact that the department disgreed with the reporter isn't a bad deal IMO. We disagree with enough of the MOTM so why shouldn't Telegraph people??

amaidment
FISOhead

Post by amaidment »

Judio wrote:1 How many games are attended by the sports editor??

Generally Henry Winter but given how many of his decisions we think are ridiculous in the past, we can hardly say he's always right here can we??

The Drog's Ballacks
Grumpy Old Ballacks
FS Record: nout for the big boys to worry about

Post by The Drog's Ballacks »

Hi new to the forum Been lurking a bit but thought I'd give this posting lark a go.

Really confused about this MOTM situation. I thought that the it was the reporter who decided the outcome not TFF?

Still undecided whether this newish MOTM awards have benefited the game I mean yeah it adds abit of excitment to it but some of the decisions have been a joke! Definitely better now it's only 3 points but maybe next season it should be scrapped all together?

Crompton
Dumbledore
FS Record: Better than most.

Post by Crompton »

amaidment wrote:
Crompton wrote:Hansen hasn't transferred him in as he :wink:

To be honest its utter BS that, If I had Viduka in ALL my teams its would be yeh great 3 extra pts but its still total BS.

You've got to look at the bigger picture here. Say someone wins money be it weekly / monthly or a year prize by the points they gained from this change in MOM.

Sorry Telegraph VERY POOR FORM.
Why? The Telegraph DIDN'T change their mind in any way. The original MOTM came from an email direct from the reporter. That wasn't the official MOTM and telegraph have released the official one.

Since they say in their rules it's done by a department they have every right to question and/or change the reporters choice. For all we know it could be a regular occurrence. In many cases we might agree with any change they make.

So why exactly should this be such a disgrace??
Highlight where I use the word Disgrace?

I said it is POOR FORM and that my Opinion.

For a member on here to get an E-mail saying MOM is etc, and then it gets altered is poor. Thats my opinion, obviously your happy with that and thats your opinion.

I have read the rules BTW.

From games played at the weekend I see the reporters name who actually attended the game giving their MOM in the paper on the Monday.

I'm sure Henry Winter goes to a game and says here's my MOM and some person in the office goes: I watched it on Match of the Day or Listened on Five live and your so wrong so I'll give it to someone else.

Crompton
Dumbledore

Post by Crompton »

Judio wrote:1 How many games are attended by the sports editor??

Spot on, the reporter.

I think thats only in the rules to cover the telegraph nothing else.

robbielee
Dumbledore
FS Record: GQ Best Dressed Man 2008, Smash Hits Most Fanciable Male

Post by robbielee »

The Drog's Ballacks wrote:Hi new to the forum Been lurking a bit but thought I'd give this posting lark a go.

Really confused about this MOTM situation. I thought that the it was the reporter who decided the outcome not TFF?

Still undecided whether this newish MOTM awards have benefited the game I mean yeah it adds abit of excitment to it but some of the decisions have been a joke! Definitely better now it's only 3 points but maybe next season it should be scrapped all together?
Welcome to the forum. I also always believed it was the reporter who gave the MOTM awards but seems we're both wrong! Personally I would not miss the Man of The Match rule if they did choose to scrap it.

Kenners
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Superleague double champ

Post by Kenners »

To stop all this pointless bickering I'm going to advise the Telegraph that I am going to be the man who decides on motm's in future. And I agree with last nights decsion :D

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Kenners wrote:To stop all this pointless bickering I'm going to advise the Telegraph that I am going to be the man who decides on motm's in future. And I agree with last nights decsion :D
Judging by your avatar its you that picks them all for Tim Rich anyway :wink:

Crompton
Dumbledore

Post by Crompton »

murf wrote:
Kenners wrote:To stop all this pointless bickering I'm going to advise the Telegraph that I am going to be the man who decides on motm's in future. And I agree with last nights decsion :D
Judging by your avatar its you that picks them all for Tim Rich anyway :wink:
Kenners is Tim Rich

ghost77uk
Treebeard
FS Record: Highest finish on TFF - 424th (1723pts)

Post by ghost77uk »

Well I'm quite pleased with the MotM decision for last nights game - I transfered Adebayor in on Sunday for Gerrard and a 22pt return so far is quite pleasing :)

amaidment
FISOhead

Post by amaidment »

Crompton wrote:Highlight where I use the word Disgrace?

For a member on here to get an E-mail saying MOM is etc, and then it gets altered is poor. Thats my opinion, obviously your happy with that and thats your opinion.

Sorry, the disgrace part wasn't aimed directly at you, more just everyone on her who can't believe it has happened and may be leaving TFF as a result.

I didn't mean that you hadn't read the rules, just pointed out that it says the editorial department makes the decision and not just the reporter. The abided by their own rules (which have been there from the start) so what exactly have they done wrong? :?

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

amaidment wrote:what exactly have they done wrong? :?
Introduced a subjective element into an objective game. Anything else is just the icing on an increasingly bitter cake.

amaidment
FISOhead

Post by amaidment »

murf wrote:
amaidment wrote:what exactly have they done wrong? :?
Introduced a subjective element into an objective game. Anything else is just the icing on an increasingly bitter cake.
Fair enough, if you don't like MOTM then I can see why TFF can be frustrating.

Crompton
Dumbledore

Post by Crompton »

amaidment wrote:
Crompton wrote:Highlight where I use the word Disgrace?

Sorry, the disgrace part wasn't aimed directly at you, more just everyone on her who can't believe it has happened and may be leaving TFF as a result.

I didn't mean that you hadn't read the rules, just pointed out that it says the editorial department makes the decision and not just the reporter. The abided by their own rules (which have been there from the start) so what exactly have they done wrong? :?
My question would be then, how do they decide on 3pm Saturday games which are not televised.

I can't believe the telegraph would send 2 reporters (Sunday Telegraph and Daily Telegraph) to the game ask for their MOM's, then ask for a video of the whole game and ask someone in their department to then watch it all and make a decision for the purpose of TFF.

I for one will be playing next year, as I stated I just think its poor form that causes unnecessary problems.

Yes I agree if Judio had not got an E-mail from the reported this wouldn't of come about, but it does show flaws up. Why didn't the reporter say, here's my MOM but it has no relevance at all, if it has no relevence why tell us anyway?

IMO - You are in a much better position being at the game to give a MOM than watching on TV.

You can see movement off the ball, to create openings for player or team mates, players work rate, tracking back. Much more than watching on TV.

CrazyHorse
Wideboy

Post by CrazyHorse »

Maybe i'm completely wrong but the Boro v Bristol MOM was never published and officially announced. The fact that someone emailed Henry Winter and got a reply doesn't mean jack.. maybe he was messing around or not thinking about it and maybe when asked by the TFF man gave a different answer after he'd given it more thought.

Eveyone's getting a bit excited about nothing at all!

Judio
Dumbledore

Post by Judio »

Official E Mail from those who run the game

Dear ****,

The official Man of the Match awards are published either in the paper or on the Telegraph Fantasy Football website. In this instance, I can confirm that Mark Viduka was awarded Man of the Match in the Middlesbrough v Bristol City game.

Kind regards

ianthegirth
FISOhead

Post by ianthegirth »

Judio wrote:Official E Mail from those who run the game

Dear ****,

The official Man of the Match awards are published either in the paper or on the Telegraph Fantasy Football website. In this instance, I can confirm that Mark Viduka was awarded Man of the Match in the Middlesbrough v Bristol City game.

Kind regards
what did you put in your email to them judio ?

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Judio wrote:Official E Mail from those who run the game

Dear ****,

Kind regards
I would have expected no other reply :(

Judio
Dumbledore

Post by Judio »

ianthegirth wrote: what did you put in your email to them judio ?
In the absence of any confirmation
in the Newspaper and your website for the FA Cup Man of the Matches,
I E Mailed the reporter Henry Winter
on Wednesday who said he had given the MotM toNoble of Bristol City.

How can you then subsequently award it to Viduka??

Please investigate and reply

Many thanks

robbielee
Dumbledore
FS Record: GQ Best Dressed Man 2008, Smash Hits Most Fanciable Male

Post by robbielee »

Judio wrote:
ianthegirth wrote: what did you put in your email to them judio ?
In the absence of any confirmation
in the Newspaper and your website for the FA Cup Man of the Matches,
I E Mailed the reporter Henry Winter
on Wednesday who said he had given the MotM toNoble of Bristol City.

How can you then subsequently award it to Viduka??

Please investigate and reply

Many thanks
So basically they avoided your actual question! :evil:

Bramernic
Dumbledore
FS Record: Plenty of super league prizes, nothing from the organisers.

Post by Bramernic »

Hammertime wrote:Commentary said Nolan got booked near the end, but not listed on Skysport site, so not sure?
Mark Lawrenson was seeing things. Tele have checked with Arsenal, Bolton and the FA and no-one thinks he was booked.

Bramernic
Dumbledore

Post by Bramernic »

... and this has been confirmed on TFFO if anyone is remotely interested. :wink:

Judio wrote:Man of the Match
ADEBAYOR by reporter Martin Smith

BOL 1 ARS 3
Adebayor (-)
Meite (Campo, Diouf)
Ljungberg (Aliadiere)
Adebayor (Baptista)

Themonkey thatstolexmas
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Highest finishing place in TFF - 117th

Post by Themonkey thatstolexmas »

I kow this must be a little annoying to people that are competing against teams with Viduka, but don't forget that the Telegraph gives different MotMs on Sundays and Mondays too, so its really not worth getting yourselves in such a pickle over - if we didn't have privileged access to H Winter's email then nobody would even be complaining.

dcfallows
Wideboy

Post by dcfallows »

I can confirm that Nolan was definitely booked - as usual the PA struggle to pick up on less obvious bookings - this is not the first time that they have missed one that occurred striaght after a goal.

jambo_jim
Cheetah

Post by jambo_jim »

OK if everyone's leaving can they all transfer in a few injured/Watford/keek players so I have a chance of getting in the top 50000.

Cheers :lol:

Bramernic
Dumbledore

Post by Bramernic »

dcfallows wrote:I can confirm that Nolan was definitely booked - as usual the PA struggle to pick up on less obvious bookings - this is not the first time that they have missed one that occurred striaght after a goal.
The email I had from tele said FA as in Football Association. If they don't think there was one then there probably wasn't. Were you at the game, or just watching on BBC1 like me?

The Saint
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Egg Cup Premier League Champion 2014-15

Post by The Saint »

Themonkeythatstolexmas wrote:I kow this must be a little annoying to people that are competing against teams with Viduka, but don't forget that the Telegraph gives different MotMs on Sundays and Mondays too, so its really not worth getting yourselves in such a pickle over - if we didn't have privileged access to H Winter's email then nobody would even be complaining.
With respect, that is missing the point. The man of the match awards on Sundays are given by Sunday Telegraph reporters for the Sunday Telegraph. In this case the Daily Telegraph's reporter gave the man of the match award to a Noble of Bristol but the game team has decided to give it to Viduka. It would be interesting to know who made this decision. It is possible (and I hope this is not the case) that noone from the sports editorial department of the Telegraph had anything to do with it, and it was made by GFM - which would be a breach of their t&cs.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “TFF KCs & MOTM History to May 2007”