To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Week 24 KCs and MotM Jan 23rd,27th and 28th

A Forum holding the historic Key Contributions (KCs) and Man of The Matches (MOTM) data from TFF from 2005 up to May 2007
Crookface
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF 7thOverall 05/06, Winner MOTM Jan, Nov 07 - April 12.  MOTW Winner 2012. 

Post by Crookface »

I have the Paper.... Says Nowt... Though from a couple of reports I read.. Lennon Rooney, Derbyshire shoould have them..... then again.......

The Saint
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Egg Cup Premier League Champion 2014-15

Post by The Saint »

As has been said no man of the match named in the Telegraph today :evil:

Reading the reports one can hazard a guess or two:

Chelsea

Henry Winters says, 'Diarra was eclipsed as man of the match by Michael Essien'

Man City

Mark Ogen says, 'Ireland, the most creative player on the pitch' but also has a section on Barton for England

Arsenal vs Bolton

John Ley, 'they discovered Jussi Jaaskelainen, the Bolton goalkeeper, in outstanding form.'

West Ham vs Watford

'At Watford's end, Ben Foster lived up to his reputation as a potential England goalkeeper,'

Reading

'Like so many Reading displays, it was impossible to single out individual successes from the tight-knit purpose of the team's effort, but Kitson and Lita seized on flimsy defending by Martin Taylor to take both of Reading's first-half chances.

Man U v Pompey

Hard to tell here Rooney, Scholes, Giggs?:

'Although the tie was decided by Rooney's youthful exuberance, much of the match belonged to the veterans.

David James was lithely excellent, Sol Campbell an immense presence. Henrik Larsson would have scored thunderously at the Stretford End, but for a poorly judged line call which also denied Nemanja Vidic a header that Pedro Mendes hacked away a foot over the line. Two years ago at Old Trafford, almost to the day, Mendes, then with Spurs, had been the victim of a similar call when Roy Carroll famously dropped the ball over his own goal line - proof that in football what comes around goes around, even if it is two years late and for another club.

The touches of Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs - who were both on the pitch for that Cantona goal - were sometimes gorgeous.

There was one moment when Giggs twisted inside first Gary O'Neil and then Glen Johnson and another pass on the turn from Scholes that sent Larsson through on goal that were worth if the not the admission price then certainly a cup of half-time Bovril.'

Fulham

'Vincenzo Montella is a gold-plated, 32-year-old striker who found himself out of favour at Roma and with a chance to satisfy his hankering to play in the Premiership with a half-season loan.

To date, he has yet to complete a game but four substitute appearances and an hour on Saturday have yielded four goals. And a masterclass in economy of movement.

Spurs

'Whoever plays up front at the Emirates will have their task made much easier if Aaron Lennon can replicate his form in tearing apart Southend. Starting on the left flank - and showing that he could shine there for England - before terrorising the other full-back for the final 20 minutes, he created two of Tottenham's goals with pinpoint crosses.

thespecialone
FISO Knight

Post by thespecialone »

yet their argument for having motm in the first place was to sell papers on the monday :roll:

pottster
Dumbledore
FS Record: Regularly finishing in the top 100

Post by pottster »

I think the sh@t is going to hit the fan when the weekends MoMs are given - expect the most strange decisions ever :shock:

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

pottster wrote:I think the sh@t is going to hit the fan when the weekends MoMs are given - expect the most strange decisions ever :shock:
Why?

thespecialone
FISO Knight

Post by thespecialone »

the sun gave motm to lampard :shock: it wont get more stranger than that :lol:

im expecting montella/derbyshire/lennon to be nailed on.

of the others toss up between foster/francis(watford)
meite/nolan(bolton)
convey/lita(reading)
giggs/rooney(mu)
barton/ireland(mc)
mikel/essien(chelsea)

and dont expect a boro player.

Yer Old Da
Sir KnowsFitbaAlot
FS Record: The superstar of FISO

Post by Yer Old Da »

Of the two live games I watched yesterday, yer old da's assessment of MOTM's would be Essien and Meite.

Drogba was good but he got hooked and Essien was class throughout. Would be very surprised if an Arsenal player was awarded it given the result.

ShadyOne
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: DLA D-Cup runner up 2008-09, FISO25 cup winner 2009-10

Post by ShadyOne »

Yer Old Da wrote:Of the two live games I watched yesterday, yer old da's assessment of MOTM's would be Essien and Meite.

Drogba was good but he got hooked and Essien was class throughout. Would be very surprised if an Arsenal player was awarded it given the result.
I do hope you're right, that could take me over 80 points for the week.

pottster
Dumbledore

Post by pottster »

murf wrote:
pottster wrote:I think the sh@t is going to hit the fan when the weekends MoMs are given - expect the most strange decisions ever :shock:
Why?
I suppose it's because I am always a little but suspicious/dubious about the FA Cup MoMs, especially when it appaers that there are 'nailed' on Moms Monella, Lennon, Derbyshire etc - you would not argue against these but will they all get one ?

They are also different reporters than the usual suspects so bit more randomness.

Just think that they may be a bit odd, but maybe no odder than usual :?

Judio
Dumbledore

Post by Judio »

pottster wrote: They are also different reporters than the usual suspects so bit more randomness.
The Reporters today are
John Ley Arsenal v Bolton
Mark Ogden Man City v Southampton
Henry Winter Chelsea v Forest (favours Midfielders)
Oliver Brown Bristol C v Middlesboro (favours Strikers)
David Miller West Ham v Watford (favours Midfielders)
Tim Rich Man Utd v Portsmouth (favours Strikers especially Rooney)
Clive Tyldesley Birmingham v Reading (favours Midfielders)
Duncan White Luton v Blackburn (favours Midfielders)

The only two non regulars were
Nicholas Spencer Fulham v Stoke
Stewart Jackson Spurs v Southend

Crompton
Dumbledore
FS Record: Better than most.

Post by Crompton »

The Reporters today are

Tim Rich Man Utd v Portsmouth - Thats ROONEY Nailed on

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Crompton wrote:The Reporters today are

As of 11 December, Tim Rich had reported on 6 ManU games........ and given Rooney 5 MOTMs.

http://fantasyfootballuk.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=11914

pottster
Dumbledore

Post by pottster »

I must be confused I thought the reporters were different in the cup games.

Vinegar Joe
Kevin and Perry

Post by Vinegar Joe »

murf wrote:

As of 11 December, Tim Rich had reported on 6 ManU games........ and given Rooney 5 MOTMs.

But in truth Rooney is one of the few players who would deserve it, so I hope he does. Better than the Observer's MOTM at any rate - Primus :shock:

Crompton
Dumbledore

Post by Crompton »

Vinegar Joe wrote:
murf wrote:

But in truth Rooney is one of the few players who would deserve it, so I hope he does. Better than the Observer's MOTM at any rate - Primus :shock:
I was at the game.

1 nice goal from Rooney and one piece of sheer class. IMO that still doesn't make you man of the match, he didn't do a great deal from when he came on to when he scored the first goal in the 77th minute, ok he got the 2 goals that saw us through. I thought Giggs had alot of the ball and was an integral part and again thought Evra has a very good game.

IMO - Giggs MOM - Played well all game and set up the important 1st goal to break the deadlock.

(In fact I was more annoyed due to having a bet on Vidic 1st goal scorer at 25/1 :evil: )

Hewhodares
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Hewhodares »

The Sunday Mirror gave James MOTM :shock: He conceeded four goals!

Knotty
FISOhead

Post by Knotty »

Having been at the game, I'm not suprised at Primus being given it for us. He was immense in the first half and didn't do a lot wrong in the 2nd.

Did as much as Campbell but also had to cover for our weak link, Johnson, who was getting done regularly by Giggs.

Suppose different people see the game differently but I'd not argue too much with big Linvoy getting it. Agree with Crompton re Giggs too but most of the crosses were cut out by our centre halves (until the first goal anyway).
Last edited by Knotty on 29 Jan 2007, 11:09, edited 1 time in total.

crabby
Dumbledore

Post by crabby »

Hewhodares wrote:The Sunday Mirror gave James MOTM :shock: He conceeded four goals!
Correct me if im wrong but wasnt the score 2-1 :lol:

Peddalo
Wideboy

Post by Peddalo »

Crompton wrote:
Vinegar Joe wrote:
murf wrote:

(In fact I was more annoyed due to having a bet on Vidic 1st goal scorer at 25/1 :evil: )
Do you post on red issue?

Crompton
Dumbledore

Post by Crompton »

Knotty wrote:Having been at the game, I'm not suprised at Primus being given it for us. He was immense in the first half and didn't do a lot wrong in the 2nd.

Did as much as Campbell but also had to cover for our weak link, Johnson, who was getting done regularly by Giggs.
Nice to see i'm not the only one who noticed this. :wink:

Vinegar Joe
Kevin and Perry

Post by Vinegar Joe »

Crompton wrote:I was at the game.
1 nice goal from Rooney and one piece of sheer class. IMO that still doesn't make you man of the match, he didn't do a great deal from when he came on to when he scored the first goal in the 77th minute, ok he got the 2 goals that saw us through.
Sheer class + 2 goals = possible MOTM for me :D

But yeah, Giggs was also deserving.

And IMO no Pompy defender would even be in contention had those two goals stood and it wound up a 4-1 defeat.

Bramernic
Dumbledore
FS Record: Plenty of super league prizes, nothing from the organisers.

Post by Bramernic »

If I can take the discussion back to KCs for one minute ...

All as I (and others where they matched :wink: ) predicted except: No to Trabelsi and only one for Ki-Hyeon. Also, definitely no for Neville in case anyone was in any doubt. Dunne did get it, as did Henderson.

Yer Old Da
Sir KnowsFitbaAlot
FS Record: The superstar of FISO

Post by Yer Old Da »

Bramernic wrote:If I can take the discussion back to KCs for one minute ...

All as I (and others where they matched :wink: ) predicted except: No to Trabelsi and only one for Ki-Hyeon. Also, definitely no for Neville in case anyone was in any doubt. Dunne did get it, as did Henderson.
So Anelka got one? I had a few doubts about that one. Also, what is the difference between Fab's delivery that nicked a head for Toure's goal, and Evra's delivery last week to Rooney? Is it because Evra's was from open play?

Bramernic
Dumbledore
FS Record: Plenty of super league prizes, nothing from the organisers.

Post by Bramernic »

Yer Old Da wrote:So Anelka got one? I had a few doubts about that one. Also, what is the difference between Fab's delivery that nicked a head for Toure's goal, and Evra's delivery last week to Rooney? Is it because Evra's was from open play?
No, it was the size of the deflection and the likelihood of a different outcome without it. I saw both goals from various angles and if Speed hadn't tipped Fab's shot upwards slightly it would not have made it to Toure. IMO.

Judio
Dumbledore

Post by Judio »

Fabregas' cross was deviated by the defender

Evra's cross was just flicked on (did not change the direction of the cross)
Last edited by Judio on 29 Jan 2007, 12:14, edited 1 time in total.

Knotty
FISOhead

Post by Knotty »

Vinegar Joe wrote:
Crompton wrote:I was at the game.
1 nice goal from Rooney and one piece of sheer class. IMO that still doesn't make you man of the match, he didn't do a great deal from when he came on to when he scored the first goal in the 77th minute, ok he got the 2 goals that saw us through.
Sheer class + 2 goals = possible MOTM for me :D

But yeah, Giggs was also deserving.

And IMO no Pompy defender would even be in contention had those two goals stood and it wound up a 4-1 defeat.
..............and if my Aunt had a knob she'd be my Uncle. :roll:

If Man U were 2-0 up, Rooney would have stayed on the bench so it's a fairly pointless comment.

Vinegar Joe
Kevin and Perry

Post by Vinegar Joe »

Knotty: fair enough, but either way they couldn't stop them scoring in the first (only the ref/linesman did that) half and they couldn't stop them scoring in the second. And isn't that a defender's primary job? Not worthy of a MOTM in my opinion.

crabby
Dumbledore

Post by crabby »

Vinegar Joe wrote:Knotty: fair enough, but either way they couldn't stop them scoring in the first (only the ref/linesman did that) half and they couldn't stop them scoring in the second. And isn't that a defender's primary job? Not worthy of a MOTM in my opinion.
Dont think that's what Knotty's getting at he' trying to say that rooney wouldnt have scored as he wouldnt have come onif those goals had been scored which is how the original poster made it sound.

caerphillyred
Red & Blue Braces

Post by caerphillyred »

Is it just me or have the Man of the matches still not been posted.?

Judio
Dumbledore

Post by Judio »

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “TFF KCs & MOTM History to May 2007”