To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Week 23 KCs and MotM Jan 16th,17th,20th and 21st

A Forum holding the historic Key Contributions (KCs) and Man of The Matches (MOTM) data from TFF from 2005 up to May 2007
anon6
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: Small Profit

Post by anon6 »

The Jezster wrote:Riise seemed out of the blue I have to say also.

I expected Kuyt to be honest.

I know you cant tell too much from the highlights but Evra was mentioned a fair bit

Riise scored highly in the NOTW.

The Jezster
Dumbledore

Post by The Jezster »

Dont get me wrong, he had a good game, i just didnt have him on my shortlist as MOM is all. Hence it took me by surprise.

tedbull
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 82nd 08/09

Post by tedbull »

Riise did ok but had a few big moments that stood out. I actually tipped him as a possible on the chit-chat thread so I'd have to say it isn't a bad decision. But I still though Kuyt was the best player.

Downing was nailed on!

Kenners
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Superleague double champ

Post by Kenners »

Evra was clearly the motm, anyone who watched the match should have reached the same decsion, It's a terrible decsion for me ff wise, but clearly the right one :evil:

Hammertime
Grumpy Old Hammer
FS Record: Some success and a lot of failure

Post by Hammertime »

Thanks as always TonyP :wink:

I actually agree with Evra although I expected it to go to one of the MOTM usuals like Rooney or Henry, I don't have him but thought the guy was up and down the touchline all day, and looked really good.

Glad Riise got his, mainly because I've got him in a few teams :D but don't think he was the outstanding performer?
Only saw highlights of the other games so can't really comment :wink:

mstylianou
Treebeard

Post by mstylianou »

Evra was clearly the motm, anyone who watched the match should have reached the same decsion
Steady, what about most of the Arsenal team and Vidic?

Tricky Tree
FISO Knight

Post by Tricky Tree »

mstylianou wrote:
Evra was clearly the motm, anyone who watched the match should have reached the same decsion
Steady, what about most of the Arsenal team and Vidic?
He's a Man U fan so Arsenal players don't count :wink: Of Arsenal players I though Fab was Fab. Henry was poor for 95% of the game but got sky MOTM :shock:

brogie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by brogie »

Evra.... what... eboue skinned him for the decisive cross .... i thought clichy was superb in subdueing ronaldo.. also lehmann pulled off a couple of top class saves

One Man
Red & Blue Braces

Post by One Man »

MotM for Sunday

Evra
Arteta

Bramernic
Dumbledore
FS Record: Plenty of super league prizes, nothing from the organisers.

Post by Bramernic »

OK, the goals have been replayed a few times, freeze framed from every angle given and here is what I think today's potential KCs are.

*** Confirmed on TFFO ***

Arsenal 2-1 Man United
Rooney (Ronaldo, Evra)
van Persie (Fabregas, Rosicky)
Henry (Rosicky, Eboue)

Wigan 0-2 Everton
Arteta (Anichebe)
Arteta (Neville)

On the Arsenal first goal, firstly Fabregas won't get a KC whatever happened later (or maybe he will :wink: ) - his pass was too short and didn't take any defenders out, IMO. I'm not convinced Henry touched it; if anything, the defender might have felt it against the side of his leg, but I'm sure it won't be seen as significant. I have been wrong before though ... and was with Fab. :(
Last edited by Bramernic on 22 Jan 2007, 12:08, edited 1 time in total.

ethelmoomin
FISOhead
FS Record: 99th TFF 2007/2008

Post by ethelmoomin »

Did Toure not get his head on the Evra cross though which took it to Rooney at the back post to score the goal? :D

Bramernic
Dumbledore

Post by Bramernic »

ethelmoomin wrote:Did Toure not get his head on the Evra cross though which took it to Rooney at the back post to score the goal? :D
I don't think his touch changed the speed or direction of the ball, so no effect on the KCs.

reds363
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 28th 06/07; TFFO 3rd 09/10; TFF 3rd 12/13

Post by reds363 »

I agree with that, but IMO I think Toure's touch was significant in that it took the ball just over the other defender, and I believe such incidents have negated KCs in the past.

However today's incident was a slighter deflection than ones I can remember in the past, so who knows?

If I had to stick my neck out I'd say no to Evra, yes to Henry. Let's wait and see... :wink:

Hammertime
Grumpy Old Hammer
FS Record: Some success and a lot of failure

Post by Hammertime »

Don't like to disagree with Bram ('cos he's right 99% of the time :D ), and I really want Ronaldo's 3 pts, but I'm with reds363 on this one.
Evra's cross looked to be heading towards Clichy before Toure's touch which took it just far enough to go straight to Rooney, and I do think Henry got a slight touch on RVP's goal.
Not arguing, just my opinion :wink:

Jameselaprendi
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Jameselaprendi »

So Bramernic, is waiting to see if you're right, in the face of such contraversy on these particular KCs, more exciting for you than waiting to see what position your team is in on update day? :D

For what its worth Im in Bramernic's corner on these KCs. Actually, if he turns out to be 'wrong' on any of them Id say its the telegraph who got them wrong not him 8-)

Bramernic
Dumbledore

Post by Bramernic »

Jameselaprendi wrote:So Bramernic, is waiting to see if you're right, in the face of such contraversy on these particular KCs, more exciting for you than waiting to see what position your team is in on update day? :D

For what its worth Im in Bramernic's corner on these KCs. Actually, if he turns out to be 'wrong' on any of them Id say its the telegraph who got them wrong not him 8-)
Oh please. :roll:

Of course I'm happy if I get them right, if not I try to understand why to improve future predictions. With my team currently scaling new heights almost every week ... no, that's a far bigger kick than getting KCs right.

chaser2k4
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 1 Motw in 2006 tffe, top 500 finish in euro 2008 tff! trying to break into that top 1000 in tff. much better at shorter games.

Post by chaser2k4 »

Bramernic wrote:OK, the goals have been replayed a few times, freeze framed from every angle given and here is what I think today's potential KCs are.

Arsenal 2-1 Man United
Rooney (Ronaldo, Evra)
van Persie (Rosicky)
Henry (Rosicky, Eboue)

Wigan 0-2 Everton
Arteta (Anichebe)
Arteta (Neville) very slight possibility for Beattie

On the Arsenal first goal, firstly Fabregas won't get a KC whatever happened later - his pass was too short and didn't take any defenders out, IMO. I'm not convinced Henry touched it; if anything, the defender might have felt it against the side of his leg, but I'm sure it won't be seen as significant. I have been wrong before though ...
Possibility of Fabregas kc then?

Peddalo
Wideboy

Post by Peddalo »

Judio wrote:Thanks tony as always

Evra :shock:

Did Henry Winter file his report after 80 minutes???
Where did he out a foot wrong between 80 and 94?

nathan8
FISOhead
FS Record: 09/10 - £159 profit

Post by nathan8 »

Peddalo wrote:
Judio wrote:Thanks tony as always

Evra :shock:

Did Henry Winter file his report after 80 minutes???
Where did he out a foot wrong between 80 and 94?
Only seen the highlights on MOTD2, but both goals came from crosses from his side, although they were probably more to do with errors from Ferdinand than Evra.

Desperately hoping that Henry gets the KC. I think he definitely touched it (you can see the spin on the ball changes), but he didn't change the trajectory of the ball. Does that matter though?

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Bramernic wrote:On the Arsenal first goal, firstly Fabregas won't get a KC whatever happened later - his pass was too short and didn't take any defenders out, IMO. I'm not convinced Henry touched it; if anything, the defender might have felt it against the side of his leg, but I'm sure it won't be seen as significant. I have been wrong before though ...
I thought he did touch it (ball spin changes). If he did touch it but it is deemed 'not significant' could they give a KC to Rosicky but not one to Henry???

Crompton
Dumbledore
FS Record: Better than most.

Post by Crompton »

brogie wrote:Evra.... what... eboue skinned him for the decisive cross .... i thought clichy was superb in subdueing ronaldo.. also lehmann pulled off a couple of top class saves
So if a full back gets beat just once that means he cannot possibly be man of the match?

by your views =

presumably if a creative passing midfielder like Fabregas makes one poor pass does that also mean he cannot be the man of the match.

If a striker misses one chance then he's out of it, a keeper lets a goal in etc.

I don't have Evra but said at the end he was MOM, 2nd in Super League behind me has Evra.

robbielee
Dumbledore
FS Record: GQ Best Dressed Man 2008, Smash Hits Most Fanciable Male

Post by robbielee »

Evra is the right decision for MOM IMO although I am surprised he got it as 90% of the time the decision goes to a player from the winning team. Hopefully Evra will start to get some recognition for the performances that he has been putting in all season, he's been superb. I also agree with Bram regarding the KC, the touch from Toure did not significantly alter the speed or direction of the cross so should be a nailed on KC IMO.

Yer Old Da
Sir KnowsFitbaAlot
FS Record: The superstar of FISO

Post by Yer Old Da »

Absolutely LOVING Evra getting MOTM, right up you all who don't have him. :wink:

And a special note to Bram for knowing fitba in the face of everyone who thinks Henry got a touch - it is so clear to me he didn't. My Sky+ nearly went into meltdown I replayed it that much.

Crompton
Dumbledore
FS Record: Better than most.

Post by Crompton »

I also don't think Henry got anything on it.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

I couldn't clearly see Henry physically getting a touch but the spin of the ball (from the markings) clearly changed as if there was a touch.

Yer Old Da
Sir KnowsFitbaAlot

Post by Yer Old Da »

murf wrote:I couldn't clearly see Henry physically getting a touch but the spin of the ball (from the markings) clearly changed as if there was a touch.
I also looked at the spin of the ball, but I don't think there was a change in direction of the spin. It was this that confirmed to me my final view on the Henry KC. It's all just a game of opinion all the same. :wink:

Knotty
FISOhead

Post by Knotty »

No KC for Henry.

Yer Old Da
Sir KnowsFitbaAlot

Post by Yer Old Da »

scarletjim wrote:
Good attitude mate. I try to do the same.

By the way, there is some slightly dodgy etiquette on this thread today - insulting people because of their post counts, calling people 'moron' etc. I don't think you have any case to answer to anyone on this thread though T-Boy, yeah it should have been on the chit chat thread, big wow, it took months and months of arguing between people before we (I actually) even set up a chit chat thread. :roll:

Let's put this one down to most people having a bad TFF weekend. :lol:
Mike is a moron though, he knows this himself. :wink:

pottster
Dumbledore
FS Record: Regularly finishing in the top 100

Post by pottster »

Has anyone ever got a KC when not actually touching the ball. E.g. a clever shimmy or body movement that allows the ball to go to a colleague who scores, that without their 'intervention' a defender may have read the situation and a goal would not have resulted.

Probably not.

Billy_the_Fish
Treebeard

Post by Billy_the_Fish »

Confirmed KC's from TFFOSM...

Evra
Ronaldo
Rosicky x 2
Fabregas
Eboue

think that puts that all to bed now.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts