To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Week 23 KCs and MotM Jan 16th,17th,20th and 21st

A Forum holding the historic Key Contributions (KCs) and Man of The Matches (MOTM) data from TFF from 2005 up to May 2007
Yer Old Da
Sir KnowsFitbaAlot
FS Record: The superstar of FISO

Post by Yer Old Da »

crabby wrote: Indeed not that important though not many top 10 players have him you know :lol: . And he didnt touch it no bias he simply didnt end of wazzock arguement :roll:
Exactly, no case to answer. I won't post on this thread again until Wednesday, when I shall return to lord it over everyone but crabby. 8-)

crabby
Dumbledore

Post by crabby »

chaser2k4 wrote:Watch carefully on the replay in front of him , and look at the ball spinning before it reached van persie, rosicky cross was fairly flat.
I look forward to taking the piss late tommorow afternoon.

T-boy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 317th all time career high TFF finish

Post by T-boy »

lisbong wrote:For the RVP goal, if Henry is judged to touch it the KC's would obviously go to Henry & Rosicky. If Henry is judged not to have touched it what are the opinions on Fab getting a KC for the pass to Rosicky?
Holy poop, what did I start!

Back to my original point. No, I obsolutely realise that Henry did NOT touch the ball - however, we are talking "Key Contribution" here, and not "key touch of the ball" - so the attempted backheal/sidefoot by Henry, for me, was *absolutely* a key contribution to the goal, even if he did not touch the ball! That was my original point.

Maybe my post should have been in the "chit-chat" thread and not this one, but in MY opinion Henry "deserves" a KC.

crabby
Dumbledore

Post by crabby »

T-boy wrote:
lisbong wrote:For the RVP goal, if Henry is judged to touch it the KC's would obviously go to Henry & Rosicky. If Henry is judged not to have touched it what are the opinions on Fab getting a KC for the pass to Rosicky?
Holy poop, what did I start!

Back to my original point. No, I obsolutely realise that Henry did NOT touch the ball - however, we are talking "Key Contribution" here, and not "key touch of the ball" - so the attempted backheal/sidefoot by Henry, for me, was *absolutely* a key contribution to the goal, even if he did not touch the ball! That was my original point.

Maybe my post should have been in the "chit-chat" thread and not this one, but in MY opinion Henry "deserves" a KC.
He did not touch it and WILL NOT get a KC whether you reckon he 'deserves' it is totally irrelevent.

Burcop
Treebeard

Post by Burcop »

squirter wrote:
HERO OF CANTON wrote:
saboo wrote:
Yer Old Da wrote:
T-boy wrote:Even f Henry did not touch the ball, IMO he deserves a KC - he fooled the defender and gave the goalscoring opportunities on a silver platter to RvP.
Haha, no chance. Henry will defeinitely NOT get a KC for RVP's goal.
Pretty sure he will actually.
I love it when 80 post newbies give attitude to the veteran posters. Its so funny.
thats not patronising!

80 post newbies may have been reading this site for many years, or playing the telegraph game for even longer.
Agree with the above, or maybe in the past have agreed with the veteran posters, and not just commenting to up my count !!

Jameselaprendi
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Jameselaprendi »

Sorry T-Boy but it REALLY should've been in the chit-chat thread. If he DESERVES one or not isnt related to whether he'll get one by the rules of TFF.

This thread is for those who've seen the game and know the rules fairly well. There was a huge uproar about the mess of it earlier in the season when people kept posting their personal opinions and guesses from radio/text commentary.

T-boy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by T-boy »

Thanks, but I'm not the one here having a go at anybody. Has forum etiquette gone out of the window today or what?! :(

crabby
Dumbledore

Post by crabby »

T-boy wrote:Thanks, but I'm not the one here having a go at anybody. Has forum etiquette gone out of the window today or what?! :(
which part of the forum etiquette has gone out the window?

chaser2k4
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 1 Motw in 2006 tffe, top 500 finish in euro 2008 tff! trying to break into that top 1000 in tff. much better at shorter games.

Post by chaser2k4 »

crabby wrote:
chaser2k4 wrote:Watch carefully on the replay in front of him , and look at the ball spinning before it reached van persie, rosicky cross was fairly flat.
I look forward to taking the piss late tommorow afternoon.
And ..... Wednesday , when your even higher.

T-boy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by T-boy »

As instructed I have taken my opinion to the chit chat thread.

(sorry I took offence to seemingly being entirely blamed for the Henry KC arguement on this thread. I personally apologise for posting in the wrong thread. My post count may be low compared to others on this forum, but I'm working hard to get some kind of respect on here, and a lot of the time respect is never given).

saboo
Treebeard

Post by saboo »

Yer Old Da wrote:
saboo wrote:
HERO OF CANTON wrote:
saboo wrote:
Yer Old Da wrote:
T-boy wrote:Even f Henry did not touch the ball, IMO he deserves a KC - he fooled the defender and gave the goalscoring opportunities on a silver platter to RvP.
Haha, no chance. Henry will defeinitely NOT get a KC for RVP's goal.
Pretty sure he will actually.
I love it when 80 post newbies give attitude to the veteran posters. Its so funny.
I know as much about it as anyone. Keep your pompous attitude to yourself.
True, post count doesn't come into it. I'll still be right though. :wink:
We'll see :wink:

Wasn't having a go at you at all BTW.

DixieDean
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: 2 Top 100 finishes in TFFO; £270 in CYKI since 2008

Post by DixieDean »

Never presume post count means anything.. out of order HOC.

The guy is entitled to his opinion.

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

T-boy wrote:As instructed I have taken my opinion to the chit chat thread.

(sorry I took offence to seemingly being entirely blamed for the Henry KC arguement on this thread. I personally apologise for posting in the wrong thread. My post count may be low compared to others on this forum, but I'm working hard to get some kind of respect on here, and a lot of the time respect is never given).
Good attitude mate. I try to do the same.

By the way, there is some slightly dodgy etiquette on this thread today - insulting people because of their post counts, calling people 'moron' etc. I don't think you have any case to answer to anyone on this thread though T-Boy, yeah it should have been on the chit chat thread, big wow, it took months and months of arguing between people before we (I actually) even set up a chit chat thread. :roll:

Let's put this one down to most people having a bad TFF weekend. :lol:

T-boy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by T-boy »

Thanks scarletjim.

I was just thinking about this thread, and how it could be cleared up. One idea I have is that it can be "locked" to everyone other than those who have been granted permission (ie those we ALL without doubt respect, Bram etc)...but I'm not entirely sure how that can be done?! Then this thread would *only* be used to post the most reliable sources of KC opinion. That would be over to Admin..... :?: :!:

I try not to post in this thread unless I am 100% sure of a KC and am watching the game live. However, I can't help sometimes reply to somebody else's opinion when I think it might be wrong! :P

I'll put my handbag down now! :lol:

Red & Blue Braces

Post by Newbie »

tbh I think Henry will get a KC - I thought he def got a touch. :shock:

PSA
Grumpy Old Man

Post by PSA »

I know we all respect Bram, but like he's said previously others are just as good. Somebody like Judio in my eyes is as consistant as Bram, he's posted his thoughts which i respect and appreciate.

Foxtrot
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF Champion 05/06. Tinkerman weekly winner 12/13.

Post by Foxtrot »

Interesting thread!

I'm by no means an expert on these things however on this occasion I disagree with Judio's predictions on both counts.

I thought Toure's touch on Evra's cross was significant and diverted the ball towards Rooney's position. I also believe there was the slightest of touches from Henry for the RVP goal.

Just my opinion but could go either way and I don't see the point of anyone making a fuss whatever the decision turns out to be.

saboo
Treebeard

Post by saboo »

Foxtrot wrote:I thought Toure's touch on Evra's cross was significant and diverted the ball towards Rooney's position.
Thought the same actually but I thought it best not to make a fuss :lol: :lol:

dan1man
FISOhead

Post by dan1man »

Henry won't get a kc.

If its difficult to tell whether he touched it or not, how can his contribution possibly be deemed to be key? Consider this logically and its actually irrelevant as to whether he touched it or not (which he didn't by the sounds of it).

Doogal
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The big two!! VAMPIRE OF THE WEEK SEASON AWARD 2013-14 and FINAL TABLE PREDICTION COMP 2015-16.

Post by Doogal »

Aha! OFL have given an assist, which means they have decided he touched it.
Last edited by Doogal on 21 Jan 2007, 22:39, edited 4 times in total.

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

I think he touched it, you can see from the spin. Any chance of a Fabregas KC for RVP's goal? Also, Doogal, where is your avatar from? I recognise it.

Doogal
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The big two!! VAMPIRE OF THE WEEK SEASON AWARD 2013-14 and FINAL TABLE PREDICTION COMP 2015-16.

Post by Doogal »

Vsz wrote: Also, Doogal, where is your avatar from? I recognise it.
The Scream in not very accurate colours.

Bramernic
Dumbledore
FS Record: Plenty of super league prizes, nothing from the organisers.

Post by Bramernic »

Doogal wrote:Aha! OFL have given an assist, which means they have decided he touched it.
Fascinating arguments on here today. I'd definitely put it down to everyone having a bad weekend points wise. MOTD2 is just about to start, so stand by for my view later.

One thing I would say about OFL is that they do sometimes come to a different view to TFF where the question is about the slightest of touches. Also, OFL sometimes change their view on Monday.

tonyp
Wideboy

Post by tonyp »

Once again we stop the roar of London's traffic to bring you the official MOTMs from tomorrow's Daily Telegraph....

Evra
Riise
Arteta
Agbonlahor
Stephen Hunt
Reo-Coker
Amady Faye
Pedersen
Huddlestone
Downing

Goodnight children everywhere.

Random_Guy
Treebeard

Post by Random_Guy »

Thanks a lot tonyp.

One word. Evra. :shock:

Judio
Dumbledore

Post by Judio »

Thanks tony as always

Evra :shock:

Did Henry Winter file his report after 80 minutes???
Last edited by Judio on 21 Jan 2007, 23:08, edited 1 time in total.

PSA
Grumpy Old Man

Post by PSA »

tonyp wrote:Once again we stop the roar of London's traffic to bring you the official MOTMs from tomorrow's Daily Telegraph....

Evra
Riise
Arteta
Agbonlahor
Stephen Hunt
Reo-Coker
Amady Faye
Pedersen
Huddlestone
Downing

Goodnight children everywhere.

Thanks Tony.

Tricky Tree
FISO Knight

Post by Tricky Tree »

Got to say Evra doesn't surprise me, thought he was very good today. Riise is a surprise IMO. Nothing for me this weekend, utter rubbish, along with my golfers who blew winning chances today. Jiminez loses by one and Glover, joint leader overnight is +6 for today.

Self piitying post now over :(

anon6
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: Small Profit

Post by anon6 »

Judio wrote:Thanks tony as always

Evra :shock:

Did Henry Winter file his report after 80 minutes???
Every got a postive mention on match of the day.

The Jezster
Dumbledore

Post by The Jezster »

Riise seemed out of the blue I have to say also.

I expected Kuyt to be honest.

I know you cant tell too much from the highlights but Evra was mentioned a fair bit

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “TFF KCs & MOTM History to May 2007”