To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Week 13 KCs and MotM Nov 11th 12th

A Forum holding the historic Key Contributions (KCs) and Man of The Matches (MOTM) data from TFF from 2005 up to May 2007
yeboah
Grumpy Old Man

Post by yeboah »

any chance of the Carvalho KC? :P

Bramernic
Dumbledore
FS Record: Plenty of super league prizes, nothing from the organisers.

Post by Bramernic »

yeboah wrote:any chance of the Carvalho KC? :P
Yes he did. I've just checked through the TFFO pages. Definitely no to Agbonlahor, Shevchenko only got one, D Bent did get one, as did Cattermole. All others are as predicted.

Edit: Just remembered to check Kirkland - he did get one!

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

tpartington wrote:What..you mean all those MOTMs I posted were right? That's spooky....

...because I made 'em all up !!!

What are the odds on that happening? Hmmmmm?

If you're very lucky I'll send you another 11 guesses next Sunday.

I now retire to bed, organ still clutched firmly in my hand!
11?? :D

dan1man
FISOhead

Post by dan1man »

Disappointing lack of vision giving the Man U MOTM to Ronaldo instead of Saha

db83
Wideboy

Post by db83 »

dan1man wrote:Disappointing lack of vision giving the Man U MOTM to Ronaldo instead of Saha
disagree there, watched it in all and would have said any of the following 3 would have been deserving...

Ronaldo
Scholes
Saha

So not moaning about Ronaldo.

fairfranco
Red & Blue Braces

Post by fairfranco »

anyone know what manager of the week score was?

top manager in my super league had 74 which is more than has claimed to have on here.

i had the measley scores of 23, 16 and 32. saha my only scorer.

Bramernic
Dumbledore

Post by Bramernic »

SamD usually posts leaderboard and related info each Wednesday on the password and leaderboard announcement thread. He's got connection problems at the moment though, so can't access the internet.

Yer Old Da
Sir KnowsFitbaAlot
FS Record: The superstar of FISO

Post by Yer Old Da »

This may have been discussed already, but why the f*ck did Carvalho get a KC for Drogba's first? That's an outrage. Shevchenko clearly got a nick on it but wasn't awarded a KC. And don't tell yer old da the touch wasn't enough to warrant a KC, cos if he hadn't been there the defenders would have dealt with it. Typical bloody Telegraph, I'm not happy with that at all. :x

The inconsistency is frightening. :x :x :x

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Yer Old Da wrote:This may have been discussed already, but why the f*ck did Carvalho get a KC for Drogba's first? That's an outrage. Shevchenko clearly got a nick on it but wasn't awarded a KC. And don't tell yer old da the touch wasn't enough to warrant a KC, cos if he hadn't been there the defenders would have dealt with it. Typical bloody Telegraph, I'm not happy with that at all. :x

Clearly?

db83
Wideboy

Post by db83 »

fairfranco wrote:anyone know what manager of the week score was?

top manager in my super league had 74 which is more than has claimed to have on here.

i had the measley scores of 23, 16 and 32. saha my only scorer.
Our top score was 70.

2nd to that was 62 then myself with 54 (im 11th!!).

The top two scorers are Drogba owners and now top of our SL, the first post on our messageboard this morning in response to them was 'Henrys gonna get ya'

haha

I got 54 with only one goal scored. Not bad.

Yer Old Da
Sir KnowsFitbaAlot

Post by Yer Old Da »

murf wrote:
Yer Old Da wrote:This may have been discussed already, but why the f*ck did Carvalho get a KC for Drogba's first? That's an outrage. Shevchenko clearly got a nick on it but wasn't awarded a KC. And don't tell yer old da the touch wasn't enough to warrant a KC, cos if he hadn't been there the defenders would have dealt with it. Typical bloody Telegraph, I'm not happy with that at all. :x

Clearly?
Yes, clearly. From the camera angle in the stand behind Geremi you clearly see the ball change direction. Anyone worth their salt can see that.

db83
Wideboy

Post by db83 »

Yer Old Da wrote:
murf wrote:

Clearly?
Yes, clearly. From the camera angle in the stand behind Geremi you clearly see the ball change direction. Anyone worth their salt can see that.
Dont get why Carvalho merited one yet Agbonlohor didnt.

Thats inconsistency.

Seems TFF are a sucker for a simple wide diagonal pass which in turn leads to a cross which leads to a goal. Like Rooney's KC against Liverpool.

I think its a little generous sticking 3 points onto a player for that sort of thing.

Yer Old Da
Sir KnowsFitbaAlot

Post by Yer Old Da »

db83 wrote:
Yer Old Da wrote:
murf wrote:

Clearly?
Dont get why Carvalho merited one yet Agbonlohor didnt.

Thats inconsistency.

Seems TFF are a sucker for a simple wide diagonal pass which in turn leads to a cross which leads to a goal. Like Rooney's KC against Liverpool.

I think its a little generous sticking 3 points onto a player for that sort of thing.
Agree with you 100% on this. It seems that they readily award KCs if a player plays a slide-rule ball that is crossed and then converted, yet aren't open to a ball being played back then crossed. It's as though they have a template for a double-KC goal, and if the goal doesn't fit that template it isn't considered. It's almost as if there has to be a precedent before they consider new methods of KC, but how the f*ck do you set a precedent in the first place then? GRRR. :x :x :x

Must admit, yer old da's 'cough medicine' has a slightly bitter taste to it today.

Bramernic
Dumbledore

Post by Bramernic »

murf wrote:

Clearly?
According to the final replay on MOTD, when freeze-framed along, it is actually clear that Shevchenko DIDN'T touch the ball. It was a classic air shot.

The consistency is very re-assuring. :)

Yer Old Da
Sir KnowsFitbaAlot

Post by Yer Old Da »

Bramernic wrote:
murf wrote:

Clearly?
According to the final replay on MOTD, when freeze-framed along, it is actually clear that Shevchenko DIDN'T touch the ball. It was a classic air shot.

The consistency is very re-assuring. :)
Don't agree, there is a distinct lack of consistency. Agbonlahor should have got one if Carvalho did. More so in fact.

unhappyhoppy
DumbleSaint
FS Record: TFF 10/11 3rd. Now sorting out Happyhoppy's mess.

Post by unhappyhoppy »

Kc for Shevy - no way jose.

KC for Carvalho - no way jose. Nonsense.

Bramernic
Dumbledore

Post by Bramernic »

Yer Old Da wrote:Don't agree, there is a distinct lack of consistency. Agbonlahor should have got one if Carvalho did. More so in fact.
Agbonlahor passed backwards, about half the distance of Carvalho's shot, with no defenders nearby along the route of the pass. KCs are not awarded for exceptional play, just for passes that have a direct contribution towards the goal being scored. You can't say that about Gabriel's final pass.

Consistency rules!

unhappyhoppy
DumbleSaint

Post by unhappyhoppy »

Dont think Agbony should have got one either.

Bram - do you think there is a big difference between for example Robbens KC and Carvalhos KC ?

Yer Old Da
Sir KnowsFitbaAlot

Post by Yer Old Da »

Bramernic wrote:
Yer Old Da wrote:Don't agree, there is a distinct lack of consistency. Agbonlahor should have got one if Carvalho did. More so in fact.
Agbonlahor passed backwards, about half the distance of Carvalho's shot, with no defenders nearby along the route of the pass. KCs are not awarded for exceptional play, just for passes that have a direct contribution towards the goal being scored. You can't say that about Gabriel's final pass.

Consistency rules!
I understand that and all the rules for the award of a KC, but what I'm saying is that this is a failing in the system. KC's should be awarded for exceptional play, not just a simple pass that is then crossed. By the current rules, a player could waltz around 8 players from his own goal line, knock a ball back to a player who has been p*cking his @rse while all this has been going on, who then crosses it in for a goal to be scored and the first player is not recognised as key to the goal, whilst the second player picks up 3 points. This is not acceptable at all.

Yer Old Da
Sir KnowsFitbaAlot

Post by Yer Old Da »

unhappyhoppy wrote:Kc for Shevy - no way jose.

KC for Carvalho - no way jose. Nonsense.
I agree. No way should Sheva have got one even if he had touched it, but no way should Carvalho have got one. But because Carvalho did get one then Agbonlahor should also have.

unhappyhoppy
DumbleSaint

Post by unhappyhoppy »

There is no way Aggy should get one, Carvalho i thought was about 80% against at the time and I think it shows how debateable it was in that many did not predict it citing the reason that it was a very shortish pass, hardly defence splitting like Hlebs to Fabregas and Robbens to a lesser extent.

Bramernic
Dumbledore

Post by Bramernic »

unhappyhoppy wrote:Dont think Agbony should have got one either.

Bram - do you think there is a big difference between for example Robbens KC and Carvalhos KC ?
Having just watched them again, no, there's not much difference. In both cases the two players combined on the touchline to produce the pass for the goal. In each case the ball was passed round one, if not two, defenders who hadn't picked up on Geremi running down the line after Robben/Carvalho had started running in towards the area. In both cases a second touch by Geremi would have ruled out the first KC, it had to be a pinpoint pass to be crossed first time.

Bramernic
Dumbledore

Post by Bramernic »

Yer Old Da wrote:I understand that and all the rules for the award of a KC, but what I'm saying is that this is a failing in the system. KC's should be awarded for exceptional play, not just a simple pass that is then crossed. By the current rules, a player could waltz around 8 players from his own goal line, knock a ball back to a player who has been p*cking his @rse while all this has been going on, who then crosses it in for a goal to be scored and the first player is not recognised as key to the goal, whilst the second player picks up 3 points. This is not acceptable at all.
A-ha, this is a different argument. I agree that some things should be given KCs that aren't. My number one pet hate is that a striker whose goalbound shot is saved on the line by a defender with his hand won't get a KC if the penalty is converted. I'm not sure that any exceptional play should be awarded KCs though, because more often than not it won't lead to a goal.

What I dispute is that their current interpretation of the KC awards is very inconsistant. If it was, people on here couldn't accurately predict what was likely to be awarded.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “TFF KCs & MOTM History to May 2007”