To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Week 12 KCs and MotM Nov 4th 5th

A Forum holding the historic Key Contributions (KCs) and Man of The Matches (MOTM) data from TFF from 2005 up to May 2007
Parry St Germain
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won a couple of prizes

Post by Parry St Germain »

Bramernic wrote:Is that the first time that EVERY man of the match was on the winning team? (Obviously ignoring draws, which were non-existant this weekend)
Thats an interesting statistic if correct, considering MOTM has been with us for over 50 weeks of TFF in total. Maybe that proves how random it can be - alot of peoples posts in the past have suggested the MOTM should allways come from the winning team.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Plastic Scouser wrote:
Bramernic wrote:Is that the first time that EVERY man of the match was on the winning team? (Obviously ignoring draws, which were non-existant this weekend)
Thats an interesting statistic if correct, considering MOTM has been with us for over 50 weeks of TFF in total. Maybe that proves how random it can be - alot of peoples posts in the past have suggested the MOTM should allways come from the winning team.
The matches were generally not that close which could explain it in part. The first 9 games were all victories to nil! Probably several years since there were 9 of them.

spiderm4tt
FPL Champion 2012/13

Post by spiderm4tt »

Lennon MOTM? :? he did very well yes but I thought Keane was outstanding! Well done Mr Winter! :?

thespecialone
FISO Knight

Post by thespecialone »

no kc for rooney.

Bramernic
Dumbledore
FS Record: Plenty of super league prizes, nothing from the organisers.

Post by Bramernic »

All Sunday's KCs as predicted. Will check Saturday's shortly ...

Bramernic
Dumbledore

Post by Bramernic »

thespecialone wrote:no kc for rooney.
Indeed. :)

All Saturday's as predicted as well.

12th man
Treebeard
FS Record: up to 584th for 24 hours!!!

Post by 12th man »

well done, Bram!

dan1man
FISOhead

Post by dan1man »

Bramernic wrote:

Well done Bram, I bow to you as the guru :)

robbielee
Dumbledore
FS Record: GQ Best Dressed Man 2008, Smash Hits Most Fanciable Male

Post by robbielee »

Bramernic wrote:

Well done for predicting no Rooney KC, it hurts me though! :(

spiderm4tt
FPL Champion 2012/13

Post by spiderm4tt »

thats unbelievable! :shock:

Yes ok he did not touch the ball BUT he let it run across his body & this out foxed the defender, which in my eyes he WAS in control of the ball, therefore, this HAS to be a Key Contribution!

snowy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 4th nationally in TFF 05/06

Post by snowy »

spiderm4tt wrote:

Yes ok he did not touch the ball BUT he let it run across his body & this out foxed the defender, which in my eyes he WAS in control of the ball, therefore, this HAS to be a Key Contribution!
he wasn't in possession (and he dived).

Neva
Wideboy

Post by Neva »

I'm surprised at the Rooney decision as well. Can't see how anyone would say he wasn't in possession of the ball.

Still I suppose he was lucky not to be booked for diving when you think about it.

spiderm4tt
FPL Champion 2012/13

Post by spiderm4tt »

snowy wrote:
spiderm4tt wrote:

he wasn't in possession (and he dived).
Of course he was in possession! Geez :roll:

And maybe he did dive yes but this is not in question when it comes to KCs! The ref gave a pen, end of story.

The Jezster
Dumbledore

Post by The Jezster »

How can you say he was in possession!!???? :shock:

He hadnt even touched it! It clearly wasnt going to be a KC otherwise Bram would have suggested so :wink:

spiderm4tt
FPL Champion 2012/13

Post by spiderm4tt »

The Jezster wrote:How can you say he was in possession!!???? :shock:
Because I understand football! and anyone who does understand can see that Rooney had control of the ball in his possession...its simple. King Kenny, Maradona, Pele were all masters of this skill & please dont tell they werent in possession either! :lol: (and no I dont have Rooney in my team & my avatar suggest Im far from a Manure fan!)

The Jezster
Dumbledore

Post by The Jezster »

spiderm4tt wrote:
Because I understand football! and anyone who does understand can see that Rooney had control of the ball in his possession...its simple. King Kenny, Maradona, Pele were all masters of this skill & please dont tell they werent in possession either! :lol: (and no I dont have Rooney in my team & my avatar suggest Im far from a Man Utd fan!)
You clearly, however,dont understand the term in relation to Fantasy Football :wink:

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

The Jezster wrote:
spiderm4tt wrote:
Because I understand football! and anyone who does understand can see that Rooney had control of the ball in his possession...its simple. King Kenny, Maradona, Pele were all masters of this skill & please dont tell they werent in possession either! :lol: (and no I dont have Rooney in my team & my avatar suggest Im far from a Man Utd fan!)
You clearly, however,dont understand the term in relation to Fantasy Football :wink:
I think TFF 'case history' is the only thing in this world that says Rooney wasn't in possession of the ball.

The Jezster
Dumbledore

Post by The Jezster »

Well thats what were playing isnt it? thats the forum were in...

Thats what im talking about anyway

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

The Jezster wrote:Well thats what were playing isnt it? thats the forum were in...

Thats what im talking about anyway
I know. Just stating an observation :wink:

spiderm4tt
FPL Champion 2012/13

Post by spiderm4tt »

The Jezster wrote:
spiderm4tt wrote:
Yes maybe I dont in relation to Fantasy Football...but u cant blame me as the TFF decisions are poor at times to say the least. I mean Henry Winter is the only person alive who thinks Robbie Keane was not MOTM yesterday! :?

Raisin
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Raisin »

Guys, I know you're pissed at the decision but according to the rules of TFF running after the ball doesn't put you 'in possession' and therefore doesn't merit a KC.

Of course by any standard it was a key contribution, but it wasn't a Key Contribution (if you see what I mean).

I've had 'Mr Angry' arguments with Bram before and I've always been wrong. Sometimes we let our emotions guide us - call it the Pardew-Wenger syndrome. :wink:

Bramernic
Dumbledore

Post by Bramernic »

For what it's worth, I think he should have got a KC because being in such close proximity to the ball is clearly a sort of posession. I also think that when a defender hand balls on the line the striker should get a KC for that penalty as well. However, this thread is all about giving an early indication of what KCs are likely to be awarded and it was clear to me that he wouldn't get one. In addition to helping people tot up their scores, I'm sure some people then decide whether to go for MOTW as well, so it's best to be realistic on this thread.

stevejtr
Grumpy Old Cereal Killer
FS Record: I always liked the old Tele FA Cup competition...

Post by stevejtr »

[quote="spiderm4tt] I mean Henry Winter is the only person alive who thinks Robbie Keane was not MOTM yesterday! :?[/quote]

Actually I'd have given it to Dawson

zipnolan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Ex FISODAS champ; 2009 TFF 95th, MOTW and TFF cup qtr finalist, TFFO 78th, FPL 346th. And a lot of rubbish.

Post by zipnolan »

stevejtr wrote:
Actually I'd have given it to Dawson
Me too. Lennon had some great flashes, and his finishing was perfect, but he wasn't ever-present. He seems to be a Cesc-like MOTM default right now, though. Dawson was everywhere. Keane I'd have as a distant third, if that - Robinson was pretty solid, too.

Crompton
Dumbledore
FS Record: Better than most.

Post by Crompton »

spiderm4tt wrote: Yes maybe I dont in relation to Fantasy Football...but u cant blame me as the TFF decisions are poor at times to say the least. I mean Henry Winter is the only person alive who thinks Robbie Keane was not MOTM yesterday! :?
Henry Winters initial team had Lennon in.

Wonder if he still has him. :roll:

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

Post by Beerfuelledman »

mstylianou
Treebeard

Post by mstylianou »

Is it possible that the guy who runs the TFF points couldn't decide whether it was a KC or not, so he came on to the KC thread to see what Bramernic thought. Then decided to agree with Bramernic.

Bramernics KC predictions have become a self-fulfilling prophecy?

Bramernic
Dumbledore

Post by Bramernic »

mstylianou wrote:Is it possible that the guy who runs the TFF points couldn't decide whether it was a KC or not, so he came on to the KC thread to see what Bramernic thought. Then decided to agree with Bramernic.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wish!

The Ledge
Dumbledore
FS Record: 6th place TFF finish, MotW winner, Highest Climber and Div 15 champ.

Post by The Ledge »

mstylianou wrote:Is it possible that the guy who runs the TFF points couldn't decide whether it was a KC or not, so he came on to the KC thread to see what Bramernic thought. Then decided to agree with Bramernic.

If you really believe that then fair enough.

If you are just saying that tongue in cheek, then you should be delighted that we have someone on FISO who can determine so often who gets the KCs. What good would it be if we all accepted that Rooney would get a KC, if on Wednesday you looked at your points and it wasn't there?

It's not Bram's fault (unless of course your initial consideration is true :shock: ).

The Bear
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Would be alot better but for Andy L & E !

Post by The Bear »

Nice one mate - keep on with those sort of comments and your find Bramernic not doing it and that would piss 99.9% of us off!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “TFF KCs & MOTM History to May 2007”