To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Week 11 KCs and MotM Oct 28th 29th and 30th

A Forum holding the historic Key Contributions (KCs) and Man of The Matches (MOTM) data from TFF from 2005 up to May 2007
Clay
Treebeard

Post by Clay »

murf wrote:
dan1man wrote:Not sure Neville could get one for one of rooney's. He kinda crossed it but it took a big deflection
Haven't seen it but "big deflection" = no KC
Just watched it. Definite right-angle deflection from intended direction. No KC!

Rooney (Carrick)
Rooney ()
Ronaldo (Saha)
Rooney (Fletcher)

Also just watched the Liverpool highlights-

Kuyt (Hyypia) (Maybe a 2nd for whoever put in the long ball but I doubt it)
Crouch (Finnan)
Garcia (Crouch, Kuyt)
Agbonlahor (Sutton)

chaser2k4
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 1 Motw in 2006 tffe, top 500 finish in euro 2008 tff! trying to break into that top 1000 in tff. much better at shorter games.

Post by chaser2k4 »

Al_Jolson wrote:
murf wrote:
dan1man wrote:Not sure Neville could get one for one of rooney's. He kinda crossed it but it took a big deflection
Just watched it. Definite right-angle deflection from intended direction. No KC!

Rooney (Carrick)
Rooney ()
Ronaldo (Saha)
Rooney (Fletcher)

Also just watched the Liverpool highlights-

Kuyt (Hyypia) (Maybe a 2nd for whoever put in the long ball but I doubt it)
Crouch (Finnan)
Garcia (Crouch, Kuyt)
Agbonlahor (Sutton)
Just seen the first goal, looks like the ball was played in by carragher!

sorbiegunner
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sorbiegunner »

murf wrote:
May I respectfully refer you to your own post on the previous page of this thread, the one in extra large letters with red highlights which states (in a manner which indicates that the point is not even open to debate as far as you're concerned)
murf wrote:PLEASE ONLY POST HAVING SEEN THE GOALS AS IT SAYS IN THE OPENING POST
Now doesn't this last post by you (and quoted above) open by saying Haven't seen it but....
Now that's hypocracy or one law for some and another for others or something.

Please Judio remind murf in large bold type about your oft stated policy for this thread and direct hom in the direction of the Pub Talk.

barry
FISO Knight

Post by barry »

sorbiegunner wrote:
murf wrote:
May I respectfully refer you to your own post on the previous page of this thread, the one in extra large letters with red highlights which states (in a manner which indicates that the point is not even open to debate as far as you're concerned)
murf wrote:PLEASE ONLY POST HAVING SEEN THE GOALS AS IT SAYS IN THE OPENING POST
Now doesn't this last post by you (and quoted above) open by saying Haven't seen it but....

Please Judio remind murf in large bold type about your oft stated policy for this thread and direct hom in the direction of the Pub Talk.
I think murf is just pointing out that if it did take a big deflection then it's not a kc - helping out dan really rather than - " I watched it on teletext and it's....."

sorbiegunner
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sorbiegunner »

barry wrote:......
I think murf is just pointing out that if it did take a big deflection then it's not a kc - helping out dan really rather than - " I watched it on teletext and it's....."
I would say you're right barry, but it annoys me when people get on their high horses in a disproportionate manner, and large bold type in capitals and red highlights is a bit disproportionate in my book.
His post states only that you should only post on this thread "having seen the goals" It says nothing about unless it's on a technical point and only meant to be helpful
Live by the sword you die by the sword that's what I always say.

barry
FISO Knight

Post by barry »

sorbiegunner wrote: Live by the sword you die by the sword that's what I always say.
are you nasty nick bateman from Big brother??? :wink:

ok sorbie mate - I see where you're coming from and I'll slowly slip out of this debate...

Hamlet
Treebeard

Post by Hamlet »

[size=12][size=9][quote="sorbiegunner"][quote="murf"][quote="dan1man"]Not sure Neville could get one for one of rooney's. He kinda crossed it but it took a big deflection[/quote]

Haven't seen it but "big deflection" = no KC[/quote]

[quote="murf"]PLEASE ONLY POST HAVING SEEN THE GOALS AS IT SAYS IN THE OPENING POST[/quote]

Please Judio remind murf in large bold type about your oft stated policy for this thread and direct hom in the direction of the Pub Talk.[/quote][/size][/size]

Surely the difference is obvious: murf is clarifying an 'objective' TFF fact (general norm), rather than speculating about a [i]specific event [/i]which he hasn't seen.

The whole trend of criticising those who enforce the rules/etiquette (i.e. by pointing people to the correct place for comments) is not constructive; it is in everybody's interest that important threads, such as this, are left relatively uncluttered (therefore: apologies for wasting space on this thread - but felt the point should be made!).

Hamlet
Treebeard

Post by Hamlet »

Also: apologies for the fact I have no idea how to post (not really a forum person generally), and therefore can't seem to quote in the nice way that everyone else does!

barry
FISO Knight

Post by barry »

Hamlet wrote:Also: apologies for the fact I have no idea how to post (not really a forum person generally), and therefore can't seem to quote in the nice way that everyone else does!
on the top right of the post you want to quote there is a quote button....

Bramernic
Dumbledore
FS Record: Plenty of super league prizes, nothing from the organisers.

Post by Bramernic »

My view of today's potential KCs after watching MOTD:

Now confirmed on TFFO

Arsenal 1-1 Everton
Cahill (Arteta)
van Persie (-)

Bolton 0-4 Man United
Rooney (Carrick)
Rooney (-)
Ronaldo (Saha)
Rooney (Fletcher)

Fulham 0-1 Wigan
Camera (-)

Liverpool 3-1 Aston Villa
Kuyt (Carragher, Hyypia)
Crouch (Finnan)
Garcia (Crouch)
Agbonlahor (Sutton)

Newcastle 0-0 Charlton

Portsmouth 3-1 Reading

Gunnarsson og (Mendes)
Kanu (Campbell)
Mendes (-)
Doyle (-)

Sheffield Utd 0-2 Chelsea
Lampard (-)
Ballack (Robben, Lampard)

Watford 0-0 Totteham

PS. You can also find my views on KCs on my website.
Last edited by Bramernic on 30 Oct 2006, 12:50, edited 1 time in total.

Hamlet
Treebeard

Post by Hamlet »

barry wrote:
Hamlet wrote:Also: apologies for the fact I have no idea how to post (not really a forum person generally), and therefore can't seem to quote in the nice way that everyone else does!
on the top right of the post you want to quote there is a quote button....
Thanks for the tip... however, that's what I tried!

Oh, I had to uncheck the 'disable bbcode' (whatever that means) button. (Amateur: thus me!)

Anyhow, Bramernic has given everyone the info they need, so I'll leave you all alone... (damn newbies!)

Kenners
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Superleague double champ

Post by Kenners »

Yet you later post about a goal that you have not seen :roll: MUPPET

Kenners
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Kenners »

murf wrote:
:oops: :roll: :oops: :roll: :oops: :roll: :oops: :roll:

Judio
Dumbledore

Post by Judio »

How about an outside chance for Sidwell who got a touch from the scramble to Doyle ??

Digsby
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS relegation fodder

Post by Digsby »

kennersuk wrote:
Yet you later post about a goal that you have not seen :roll: MUPPET
Surely he's just stating a tff points scoring rule and not an opinion on kc's, therefore doesn't matter if he's seen the game or not?

Anarchy
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Anarchy »

FFS some people really need to get a life :roll:

(not directed at anyone in particular)

dan1man
FISOhead

Post by dan1man »

murf was commmenting on my comment, thats all

snowy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 4th nationally in TFF 05/06

Post by snowy »

we definitely need two threads from now on. One for speculation based on radio/bbc/what your mate dave who had eight pints before the match but honestly remembers exactly how the goal went in

....and one based on hard evidence.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Think we need 3 threads. 2 as stated and one for muppets to make idiot comments - maybe kennersuk could start the third one :wink:

Kenners
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Kenners »

Maybe we could start a 4th for someone who has not got a life and spends ALL his time sat at a computer rather than actually going out and watching some football.

Crompton
Dumbledore
FS Record: Better than most.

Post by Crompton »

Crompton wrote:I'll go Ballack (Lampard, Robben)
murf wrote: Robben probable KC (put Lampard through nicely and he crossed first time from near the byline and just outside the pen box for first time Ballack header). EXpert comment welcome.
Crompton wrote:It is expert :wink:
Bramernic wrote:Sheffield Utd 0-2 Chelsea
Lampard (-)
Ballack (Robben, Lampard)
You'll listen to me soon :wink:

There have been 3 or 4 similar style goals this season where 2 KC's have been awarded.

gilberto
Kevin and Perry

Post by gilberto »

Maybe we could start a 4th for someone who has not got a life and spends ALL his time sat at a computer rather than actually going out and watching some football.

Ha ha well said Kennersuk, the boys too busy whacking off over Fiso every Sat. Who cares....??[/list][/quote]

oldbill1969
Red & Blue Braces
Location: Just behind the 1 in front whos also just 1 behind the front and so on !

Post by oldbill1969 »

kennersuk wrote:Maybe we could start a 4th for someone who has not got a life and spends ALL his time sat at a computer rather than actually going out and watching some football.
I think you are out of order in your comments, resorting to personal attacks. I know, lets start a poll to see who makes the most valuable contributions on this site....... Murf or yourself... then watch the avalanche going Murfs way :lol:

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

I agree Oldbill. That kind of aggression is really not necessary on here. This is one of the few forums normally free of that sort of stupidity.

xyz
Treebeard

Post by xyz »

oldbill1969 wrote:
kennersuk wrote:Maybe we could start a 4th for someone who has not got a life and spends ALL his time sat at a computer rather than actually going out and watching some football.
I think you are out of order in your comments, resorting to personal attacks. I know, lets start a poll to see who makes the most valuable contributions on this site....... Murf or yourself... then watch the avalanche going Murfs way :lol:
Personal attacks? :roll:

Quote:I agree Oldbill. That kind of aggression is really not necessary on here. This is one of the few forums normally free of that sort of stupidity.

Quote:Think we need 3 threads. 2 as stated and one for muppets to make idiot comments - maybe kennersuk could start the third one

gilberto
Kevin and Perry

Post by gilberto »

You guys tend to forget this whole forum is based on speculation and opinion, so why shouldn't people pass comment on who they think got a kc?

After all they are posting under the right thread.

Folk whinning on about and on about what is acceptable in a thread, i personally cant be done with it.

Remember the whole site is based on opinion and speculation, Murf has no right dictating what can or cannot go in a thread simply because of his post count!

anon6
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: Small Profit

Post by anon6 »

Can anyone remember what the first post in this thread says :?:

Kenners
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Kenners »

gilberto wrote:You guys tend to forget this whole forum is based on speculation and opinion, so why shouldn't people pass comment on who they think got a kc?

After all they are posting under the right thread.

Folk whinning on about and on about what is acceptable in a thread, i personally cant be done with it.

Remember the whole site is based on opinion and speculation, Murf has no right dictating what can or cannot go in a thread simply because of his post count!
I agree 100% and I get sick of his bully boy tactics on newbies because he thinks he is somehow superior :roll:

gilberto
Kevin and Perry

Post by gilberto »

Cant be done with nit picking, especially when he's posted his opinion hundreds sorry thousands of times, i'll bet theres some sh1te in amoungst his posts.

Infact lets nit pick, we'll go through his posts to see whats acceptable!

point made, i'm signing off!

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Post by forestfan »

I can't believe the way people come on here and make personal attacks like this on the long-standing members of this forum.

Of course anyone with thousands of posts will have made plenty that are off-topic, but that's not the point - these are generally kept to the correct forums, and a large proportion of what they post is valuable information, without which this site would be nothing. A minority of people almost managed to drive away thelip for good a few weeks ago, and this kind of thing will surely have murf and a couple of others wondering why they bother.

I suggest for those who don't like the way things are done on here, they look elsewhere, or why not start your own site and see if you can get 15,000 members and as much useful information posted on a regular basis!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “TFF KCs & MOTM History to May 2007”