To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Week 11 KCs and MotM Oct 28th 29th and 30th

A Forum holding the historic Key Contributions (KCs) and Man of The Matches (MOTM) data from TFF from 2005 up to May 2007
dilwar
FISOhead
FS Record: Finished 1264th first season - Highest ever position 627th

Post by dilwar »

Vsz wrote:
dilwar wrote:I'd just like to say I use this thread to tot up my scores every weekend and find it very unhelpful to find peoples opinions on here when they have not even seen the goals.

IMO this thread should be short and to the point.

There are plenty of other threads usually available on speculation and even game by game and if there isn't one then why not start one?

Also l'd like to take this opportunity to thank people like Murf, Bramenic, Judio and The Lip that put so much time and effort to provide valuable information to this excellent forum.
I tend to just scroll through til I see the ominous Bram Green Box avatar and tot em up from there.

So do I usually - when there aren't 3 pages on here!

ethelmoomin
FISOhead
FS Record: 99th TFF 2007/2008

Post by ethelmoomin »

Man of the match: Talal El Karkouri (Charlton). :D

Razorback
FISO Knight
FS Record: 8th overall TFF 06/07, TFF25s & FISO Super League Champion 06/07, FISO Euro 2008 Predictions League Champion, 2nd overall Sky FF 08/09, 263rd overall FPL 08/09, Block Party Super League Champion 10/11 & 44th overall TFF 11/12

Post by Razorback »

Just waiting on Liverpool vs Aston Villa to be confirmed, can't believe Ballack got it over Lampard & Terry and as for Fabregas it would seem he's becoming this season's Gerrard...

ethelmoomin
FISOhead

Post by ethelmoomin »

dilwar wrote:
Razorback wrote:MOTM's confirmed on website (so far);

Watford vs Tottenham :arrow: Lennon
Portsmouth vs Reading :arrow: Mendes
West Ham vs Blackburn :arrow: Sheringham
Arsenal vs Everton :arrow: Fabregas
Sheffield United vs Chelsea :arrow: Ballack :roll: - Guess FF will never get MOTM then!
Bolton vs Manchester United :arrow: Rooney
Fulham vs Wigan :arrow: Camara
Not after reading the report - not sure why Ballack actually got it!

"Frank Lampard, in particular, was an effortless conductor after an untypically quiet period, providing his signature flourish with a goal from a free kick and finding some close harmony with that other subdued midfield performer, Michael Ballack."

:D

Jameselaprendi
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Jameselaprendi »

Razorback wrote:Just waiting on Liverpool vs Aston Villa to be confirmed, can't believe Ballack got it over Lampard & Terry and as for Fabregas it would seem he's becoming this season's Gerrard...
Without the goals.

(Id like to add that the sort of reactionary posts we're getting, especially reactions to MotM decisions, have always been a part of this thread this season. If we're going to make a Specualtive thread too, this stuff could also be moved - infact ALL the discussion could be moved to make this a hyper clean and lifeless functional efficient thread. No implied opinion intended.)

ethelmoomin
FISOhead

Post by ethelmoomin »

Man of the match: Dirk Kuyt (Liverpool).
:D

barry
FISO Knight

Post by barry »

Vsz wrote:
I tend to just scroll through til I see the ominous Bram Green Box avatar and tot em up from there.
good idea!!! try this one too..........

http://www.fantasyfootballuk.co.uk/view ... 345#298345

Razorback
FISO Knight
FS Record: 8th overall TFF 06/07, TFF25s & FISO Super League Champion 06/07, FISO Euro 2008 Predictions League Champion, 2nd overall Sky FF 08/09, 263rd overall FPL 08/09, Block Party Super League Champion 10/11 & 44th overall TFF 11/12

Post by Razorback »

Jameselaprendi wrote:
Razorback wrote:
Just waiting on Liverpool vs Aston Villa to be confirmed, can't believe Ballack got it over Lampard & Terry and as for Fabregas it would seem he's becoming this season's Gerrard...

Without the goals.

(Id like to add that the sort of reactionary posts we're getting, especially reactions to MotM decisions, have always been a part of this thread this season. If we're going to make a Specualtive thread too, this stuff could also be moved - infact ALL the discussion could be moved to make this a hyper clean and lifeless functional efficient thread. No implied opinion intended.)
But easier on the FF wallet :wink: .

Does anyone really have an issue with commentry being posted on MOTM's after they've been confirmed? Don't see why the main KC & MOTM thread needs to become 'lifeless' as the only real issue seems to be with people posting KC's they haven't actually seen.

I understand people having the desire to post KC's based purely on what they've read/heard but equally can see the alternative point of view (which is to maintain 99.9% accuracy of all KC's posted on the main thread).

Just think this thread needs to be kept free of speculative KC posts & we need another thread for those of us that are happy to read about KC's from less reliable sources (beginning to think we're in the middle of an international break :wink: )...

KaKaMyPants
Grumpy Old Man

Post by KaKaMyPants »

HERO OF CANTON wrote:
john hannon wrote:Anyone seen the telegraph for MOTM 's ?
Parallel point. Im part of the Digital Spy TV forum, and if someone posted a thread called FUTURAMA Season 1 DVD Pace, and some jackass started talking about Season 3, he'd be immediately banned from the forum. Same applies here. Post what the post is about, and nothing else.
Absolutely, I totally agree, but its not down to fellow forum members to dole out the punishment if it warrants that surely?

Does it really matter whether someone says x scored or y scored or z possibly KC. The chances are, you would probably wait until you watched the highlightys on MOTD or FF. I would never base my points score based on what I read here on a Saturday afternoon. Its a points indicator but not always 100% correct.

Someone getting on their high horse like they own this forum really hacks me off. Does it really matter if someone is guessing or accidentaly posts it in the wrong section. Just ignore it. Most of what is posted on this forum is opinion and if someone persists then its not down to one forum member to give them a slapping down or belittle them.

You can always PM someone privately rather than put them down and if it warrants a suspension for blatant abuse of rules then yes a ban is justified but that is not decided by you or by me.

Everyones opinion should always be welcome and if you really want to become a moderator I am sure the powers that be can create a position for those that want the job... :D

Being polite are quite clear in the rules and etiquette and whilst I apologise for any bad language, a certain mamber who keeps dishing out his own punishment seems oblivious to the rules on etiquette. Respect a high post count but also respect the rules. :D

The forums were formed with the intention of providing a comfortable place for people with a common interest to meet, exchange ideas, share information and enjoy each other's company. These forums are maintained in that spirit and members are expected to honour those goals. The basic guide to etiquette is this: be polite, be mature, keep your language clean and respect the opinions of others (even if you disagree). You are reminded that you agreed to our Terms and Conditions when signing up to the forum

True Blues
Treebeard

Post by True Blues »

dilwar wrote:Also l'd like to take this opportunity to thank people like Murf, Bramenic, Judio and The Lip that put so much time and effort to provide valuable information to this excellent forum.
Completely agree
Vsz wrote:I tend to just scroll through til I see the ominous Bram Green Box avatar and tot em up from there.
That's what I tend to do as well, Bram usually spot on the money.

gilva18
Red & Blue Braces

Post by gilva18 »

What the hell does Lamps have to do to get MOTM???????

chaser2k4
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 1 Motw in 2006 tffe, top 500 finish in euro 2008 tff! trying to break into that top 1000 in tff. much better at shorter games.

Post by chaser2k4 »

Thank you very much tele reporters! :shock: :?

West Ham game should have been Etherington!

db83
Wideboy

Post by db83 »

Fabregas! :shock: ARF!! :lol:

db83
Wideboy

Post by db83 »

Al_Jolson wrote:
murf wrote:
dan1man wrote:Not sure Neville could get one for one of rooney's. He kinda crossed it but it took a big deflection
Haven't seen it but "big deflection" = no KC
Just watched it. Definite right-angle deflection from intended direction. No KC!

Rooney (Carrick)
Rooney ()
Ronaldo (Saha)
Rooney (Fletcher)

Also just watched the Liverpool highlights-

Kuyt (Hyypia) (Maybe a 2nd for whoever put in the long ball but I doubt it)
Crouch (Finnan)
Garcia (Crouch, Kuyt)
Agbonlahor (Sutton)
Id expect Carrick to get a kc for the 3rd as well...

Judio
Dumbledore

Post by Judio »

Can someone explain why when Chelsea win at home the MOTM
goes to the away team but when Arsenal get a draw at home the MOTM goes to Fabregas :?

AkNotSpur
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2nd YTM 09/10; 3 TFFO Top 10 finishes; 6th TFCI 2008.

Post by AkNotSpur »

Judio wrote:Can someone explain why when Chelsea win at home the MOTM
goes to the away team but when Arsenal get a draw at home the MOTM goes to Fabregas :?
In the first instance - the traditional British love of the underdog and the fact that Chelsea are despised by nearly everyone in football who doesn't support them. As for Fabregas - probably because the Torygraph reporter is GroomyD in disguise.

Javahart
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Not troubling the leaders

Post by Javahart »

Lampard only got 2 or 3 MOM's last season so don't expect many more this term. Considering he was nominated for world player of the year last season, you might have thought MOM's would flow. It appeared to me that Gerrard and Rooney just needed to lace up their boots last season and 'woosh' ....MOM

Perhaps a hatrick will secure an MOM - but only if no one else scores or makes a save :lol:

AkNotSpur
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2nd YTM 09/10; 3 TFFO Top 10 finishes; 6th TFCI 2008.

Post by AkNotSpur »

Perhaps the sight of Lampard running around like a 2 year old again and scoring goals for fun, after his miserable displays in the World Cup, irkes the reporters as much as it annoys me. Beautiful left-footed cross for Ballack's goal against Sheff United - Wayne Bridge would have been proud of it - why did he look like a Sunday League player in Germany a few months ago??

Put him in the Tower on grounds of treason, I say - at least until after Sunday's game at WHL!!

Bramernic
Dumbledore
FS Record: Plenty of super league prizes, nothing from the organisers.

Post by Bramernic »

Just got round to watching the video of MOTD2 now the kids are at school. 11.15 wouldn't normally be too late, but as it was effectively 00.15 and I had to do the school run this morning ...

Now confirmed on TFFO

West Ham 2-1 Blackburn
Sherringham (Zamora, Benayoun)
Mullins (-)
Bentley (McCarthy)
Last edited by Bramernic on 30 Oct 2006, 12:51, edited 1 time in total.

neurotic_red
Wideboy

MOTMs

Post by neurotic_red »

Code: Select all

Home          Away          Reporter        Pos MotM        Club 
----------------------------------------------------------------- 
West Ham      Blackburn     Henry winter    STR Sheringham   WHM 
Arsenal       Everton       David Miller    MID Fabregas     ARS 
Bolton        Man United    Tim Rich        STR Rooney       MNU 
Sheffield Utd Chelsea       Oliver Brown    MID Ballack      CHE 
Portsmouth    Reading       Martin Smith    MID Mendes       POR 
Fulham        Wigan         Ben Findon      STR Camara       WIG 
Newcastle     Charlton      Rob Stewart     DEF El Karkouri  CHA 
Watford       Tottenham     Clive Tyldesley MID Lennon       TOT 
Liverpool     Aston Villa   Mark Ogden      STR Kuyt         LIV 
Man City      Middlesbrough
From the paper. I've tried to mimic judio's excellent table.

Real shame about the edge to all this. Not something I often see here and that's why I come back. It seems that the two threads system is universally agreed with despite the posturing. Raising the issue was valid. Let's go back to wallowing in our own bad luck and misery! :D

xyz
Treebeard

Post by xyz »

HERO OF CANTON wrote:
Seems we're part of an idiot culture, .
I agree here.Yes you are.

Burcop
Treebeard

Post by Burcop »

I enjoy reading the comments on this thread on a monday morning, and yes when i see the Bram Green box try to sort out my points. Everyone who either reads this thread or posts on this thread has passion for the game.
keep going chaps

The Jezster
Dumbledore

Post by The Jezster »

Bram, just a quick question mate. About the 3rd Liverpool goal. I know you have only suggested one KC (for Crouch), just wondering what your thoughts are about Kuyt also getting one? Did he not really do enough to warrant one after Gerrards work?

Cheers

thespecialone
FISO Knight

Post by thespecialone »

Bramernic wrote:Just got round to watching the video of MOTD2 now the kids are at school. 11.15 wouldn't normally be too late, but as it was effectively 00.15 and I had to do the school run this morning ...

West Ham 2-1 Blackburn
Sherringham (Benayoun) I don't think Zamora's pass back could be construed as key to the goal being scored, but it might get one
Mullins (-) Deflection was significant
Bentley (McCarthy)
zamora did get one

scotpool
Treebeard

Post by scotpool »

gilberto wrote:Maybe we could start a 4th for someone who has not got a life and spends ALL his time sat at a computer rather than actually going out and watching some football.

Ha ha well said Kennersuk, the boys too busy whacking off over Fiso every Sat. Who cares....??[/list]
[/quote]

Ah, now then, did you see him whacking off or is it speculation. Do we need a 5th thread for whackers or not (as the case may be), and if he did see him whacking off does than require a whole new debate (mass or otherwise). :lol:

Judio
Dumbledore

Post by Judio »

Back to the point of this thread.....

Can someone confirm the KCs from TFFO please :roll:

thespecialone
FISO Knight

Post by thespecialone »

Judio wrote:Back to the point of this thread.....

Can someone confirm the KCs from TFFO please :roll:
brams were correct except carrick who got just 1 kc and zamora did get one.

Judio
Dumbledore

Post by Judio »

Thank you

I will update the first post for those of you who can't find the
sensible posts in this thread :wink:

HERO OF CANTON
FISOhead

Post by HERO OF CANTON »

xyz wrote:
HERO OF CANTON wrote:
Seems we're part of an idiot culture, .
I agree here.Yes you are.
Wow; an unprovoked personal attack. Can't see you staying on the forum long.

Bramernic
Dumbledore
FS Record: Plenty of super league prizes, nothing from the organisers.

Post by Bramernic »

The Jezster wrote:Bram, just a quick question mate. About the 3rd Liverpool goal. I know you have only suggested one KC (for Crouch), just wondering what your thoughts are about Kuyt also getting one? Did he not really do enough to warrant one after Gerrards work?

Cheers
Thanks TSO for beating me to the TFFO stats. Jezster, Kuyt didn't really pass that far or take out any defenders which is why I didn't think he'd get one. And just to clarify, Sidwell didn't get one for the Reading goal.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “TFF KCs & MOTM History to May 2007”