To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Week 9 KCs and MotM Oct 14th 15th and 16th

A Forum holding the historic Key Contributions (KCs) and Man of The Matches (MOTM) data from TFF from 2005 up to May 2007
kini
Cheetah

Post by kini »

Bramernic wrote:
Hammertime wrote:Sure it was Jenas who took the corner?
Defoe won the corner and could be seen walking towards the flag to take it. Jenas was also spotted in the area (or someone wearing his number shirt).
it was a left footer wasn't it?? got a feeling it could have been assou-ekkoto

Flowerpot
Treebeard

Post by Flowerpot »

Bramernic wrote:Portsmouth 2-0 West Ham
Cole (-)
Just to help me understand these things (and not get my hopes up watching MoTD) why do you say no KC for Taylor here - it looked like a pretty straight forward one-two with him after Cole got the ball from Lua Lua...

axel
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF superleague winner 08/09 & 11/12, Euro 08 superleague winner, 64th in TFC08, Fantasy Cricket 08/09 + 09/10 SL winner

Post by axel »

kini wrote:
Bramernic wrote:
Hammertime wrote:Sure it was Jenas who took the corner?
Defoe won the corner and could be seen walking towards the flag to take it. Jenas was also spotted in the area (or someone wearing his number shirt).
it was a left footer wasn't it?? got a feeling it could have been assou-ekkoto
Unfortunatly not, according to the BBC and the Spurs website it was Defoe. Didn't even realise he took corners!

For the record I still think the Telegraph will still give Lampard a KC.

dukeg
FISOhead

Post by dukeg »

IMO this is a close one, but as Taylor put Cole through I think a West Ham defender sliding in got enough of a touch on the ball to negate a KC before Cole got up to score.

Red & Blue Braces

Post by Newbie »

Would Fabregas not get a KC for Adebayors goal then??? His pass split the defence for Henry who squared the ball for a goal for Adebayor?

Is this not classed as a KC?

Neva
Wideboy

Post by Neva »

Newbie wrote:Would Fabregas not get a KC for Adebayors goal then??? His pass split the defence for Henry who squared the ball for a goal for Adebayor?

I would have thought so too but Bramernic says no :(

saboo
Treebeard

Post by saboo »

Neva wrote:
Newbie wrote:Would Fabregas not get a KC for Adebayors goal then??? His pass split the defence for Henry who squared the ball for a goal for Adebayor?

I would have thought so too but Bramernic says no :(
Considering Hleb got one for Van Persie's second against Charlton (for a pass that was hardly defence splitting) I'd be surprised if Fabregas didn't get one personally.

Elvis77
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 15 seasons inc 2 sub 5k and 2 sub 70k finishes. Must try harder

Re: Week 9 KCs and MotM Oct 14th 15th and 16th

Post by Elvis77 »

Bramernic wrote:
Elvis77 wrote:Disappointing thread. At least you tried Judio. I was looking for some decent info before going to bed. :cry:
At least let us finish watching MOTD before posting our thoughts. :wink:
Sorry Bram wasnt a dig at you old son, thought MOTD was finshed too! :)

hardbody
Grumpy Old Man

Post by hardbody »

Bramernic is a god. Don't ever question the great man.

Bramernic
Dumbledore
FS Record: Plenty of super league prizes, nothing from the organisers.

Post by Bramernic »

Usually when they give two KCs the player in the middle only has one (or at most two) touches. Henry touched it three times. I agree that the original pass was defence splitting and if Henry had scored it would probably have got a KC. I can't remember a similar situation, but I agree that this one could possibly go either way. My gut feeling is only one KC, but we'll have to see on Monday.

hardbody
Grumpy Old Man

Post by hardbody »

Bramernic wrote:

Usually when they give two KCs the player in the middle only has one (or at most two) touches. Henry touched it three times. I agree that the original pass was defence splitting and if Henry had scored it would probably have got a KC. I can't remember a similar situation, but I agree that this one could possibly go either way. My gut feeling is only one KC, but we'll have to see on Monday.
So you're saying no KC? I've decided this will make or break your god-like status in the hardbody's eyes. That, and your thought process behind Cahill's goal and the argument of a Johnson KC. I'm a no to both.

Bramernic
Dumbledore

Post by Bramernic »

dukeg wrote:IMO this is a close one, but as Taylor put Cole through I think a West Ham defender sliding in got enough of a touch on the ball to negate a KC before Cole got up to score.
Yes, in fact he almost fell/laid on the ball and nearly took Cole with him. Cole struggled to stay upright, nearly handballed in the process, before getting the ball away to score. I'd say that was classed as too much work for a KC even if the defenders touch isn't deemed significant, which it should be.

Judio
Dumbledore

Post by Judio »

Sunday TIMES MOTMs

FABREGAS
ESSIEN
AGBONLAHOR
BARTON
ROONEY
KANU
MCCARTHY
BOATENG

HOOTER
Red & Blue Braces

Post by HOOTER »

Sunday TIMES MOTMs

AGBONLAHOR

:shock: He was hopeless for most of the game . I know its all down to the persons view , but thats a poor one ....

chaser2k4
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 1 Motw in 2006 tffe, top 500 finish in euro 2008 tff! trying to break into that top 1000 in tff. much better at shorter games.

Post by chaser2k4 »

Newcastle 1 -2 Bolton

Ameobi (-)
Diouf (Anelka & poss Meite)
Diouf ( Campo & Davies )

Bramernic
Dumbledore

Post by Bramernic »

Advance warning:

Contrary to some people's beliefs I do have a life, and I'm out this evening. This means my view on today's match will be delayed (possibly until the morning). It has nothing to do with comments made on another thread.

Judio
Dumbledore

Post by Judio »

chaser2k4 wrote:Newcastle 1 -2 Bolton

Ameobi (-)
Diouf (Anelka & poss Meite)
Diouf ( Campo & Davies )
Campo's was a floated free kick which was flicked on

Meite's was more of a long pass to Anelka, but it was a great ball

There is a possiblity they will BOTH get KCs

Difficult to judge

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Campo's is a definite isn't it?

I'm not enough of an expert to say anything other than Meite's is 'possible'....

thepole
Grumpy Poled Man
FS Record: Legendary

Post by thepole »

murf wrote:Campo's is a definite isn't it?

I'm not enough of an expert to say anything other than Meite's is 'possible'....
Campos is a definite KC, not sure about Meites, fingers crossed anyway

Hammertime
Grumpy Old Hammer
FS Record: Some success and a lot of failure

Post by Hammertime »

Hope Meite gets a KC, it was certainly a key contribution to the goal but as Anelka had a few touches before his cross to Diouf I'm not sure?

danblu11
Treebeard

Post by danblu11 »

Will martins get a KC for winning the penalty ? ( well kicking the ball at defenders hand)

:?:

leeloo
Grumpy Old Man

Post by leeloo »

danblu11 wrote:Will martins get a KC for winning the penalty ? ( well kicking the ball at defenders hand)

:?:
No.

maddocio
Treebeard

Post by maddocio »

HOOTER wrote:Sunday TIMES MOTMs

AGBONLAHOR

:shock: He was hopeless for most of the game . I know its all down to the persons view , but thats a poor one ....
Totally agree, A-E kept him quiet and there were several much stronger candidates

pottster
Dumbledore
FS Record: Regularly finishing in the top 100

Post by pottster »

I know rules is rules (in this case the wording may be crucial) - but in the case of the Frank Lampard 'assist' - it goes against the reasoning why key contributions are given if he doesen't get one.

A goal resulted directly as a result of a well taken free kick that was on target (no other attacking player was directly involved), the defence were unable to clear the shot on goal and the result was an own goal.

It's not as though the FL shot fell at the feet of a defender who in trying to clear the ball toe-poked it into the backside of a fellow defernder with the ball rebounding into the net :D now I could see why that would not be given

May as well scrap altoghether 3 points for an assist if you don't get one for this :roll:

Jameselaprendi
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Jameselaprendi »

If the first defender had been a chelsea player, then Lampard would have got a KC (along with the player), isnt that right?

Why (philisophically) do the rules change when its an opposition player making the '2nd' KC?

maddocio
Treebeard

Post by maddocio »

I know people don't like 'cross fertilisation' on these boards but it is interesting to note that FPL gave assists to Lampard, Johnson, Fabregas and even Petrov. I (previously) thought it was harder to get a three point bonus from them! :?

Jameselaprendi
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Jameselaprendi »

The Petrov one is strange, surely completely out of the question TFF wise anyway.

Are the TFFO(?) scores not updated already so we can lay this to rest?

crabby
Dumbledore

Post by crabby »

not till tommorow morning james.

Burcop
Treebeard

Post by Burcop »

Had a look at the telegraph website yesterday, and they seemed to give assists to Lehmann for Henry's goal, assst to Taylor for Cole's goal,and assist to Johnson for Cahill's goal(or at least his contribution was metioned)
Have an interest in all three of these, but as has been said before Bramernic is usually right :roll:

Dave_E
Kevin and Perry

Post by Dave_E »

MotM for Diouf link

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “TFF KCs & MOTM History to May 2007”