To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Week 5 KCs and MotM Sep 16th and 17th

A Forum holding the historic Key Contributions (KCs) and Man of The Matches (MOTM) data from TFF from 2005 up to May 2007
Judio
Dumbledore

Post by Judio »

Bramernic wrote:You'll never know how many of these I predicted this week, but suffice to say I didn't spot one
Got to have been Osman for AJ's goal

We were all too busy looking to see if a defender got a touch on Cahill's cross to cancel his KC no one spotted it was actually Osman
Last edited by Judio on 18 Sep 2006, 11:51, edited 1 time in total.

Crompton
Dumbledore
FS Record: Better than most.

Post by Crompton »

anon1086 wrote:
bossman wrote:Still dont see how a 25yd ball direct onto Drogbas chest could NOT constitute a KC. Obviously he still had a lot to do to score, but the simple fact is that if Lamps had not played that ball in to him, he would not have got the scoring chance.

Could understand you view if the ball had deflected onto his chest or it had just been a hopeful punt upfield from the back.
I know it's a different game. However, the Telegraph World Cup game had a certain goal with no KC. Riqualme, made a 30 yard, cross field pass and picked out Maxi Rodrigers, who smashed it away from inside the edge of the box.
The Ball was outside the area when he received it and smashed it in, therefore a KC wasn't given. I think that one was very borderline / debatable because the ball was a beauty from Sorin to set him up and it was very touch and go on the edge of the area when he received it.

Judio
Dumbledore

Post by Judio »

So Seol's shot was outside the D which means no KC for Lita

southmeister
Treebeard
FS Record: 616th in TFF07 & a few SL wins

Post by southmeister »

anon1086 I know it's a different game. However, the Telegraph World Cup game had a certain goal with no KC. Riqualme, made a 30 yard, cross field pass and picked out Maxi Rodrigers, who smashed it away from inside the edge of the box.
Excellent memory work Mike, and an excellent point.

I remember that one, and I remember being hacked off there was no KC, so if Frank's is confirmed i'll feel a little bit vindicated!

For the record, i think both deserved the 3 points

Southy

Crompton
Dumbledore

Post by Crompton »

Judio wrote:So Seol's shot was outside the D which means no KC for Lita
Didn't see that one as was out on Saturday night and all day yesterday, has Lita been confirmed yet as a KC?

browny
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won a few prizes

Post by browny »

Bramernic wrote:Confirmed KCs from TFFO:

Charlton 0-1 Portsmouth
Lua Lua (-)

Everton 2-2 Wigan
Johnson (Osman, Cahill)
Scharner (Kilbane)
Beattie (Osman)
Scharner (Johansson)

Sheff Utd 1-2 Reading
Doyle (Convey)
Seol (-)
Hulse (Armstrong, Akinbiyi)

Bolton 0-0 Middlesbrough

Watford 0-0 Aston Villa

Blackburn 4-2 Man City
Sinclair og (Pedersen)
Barton (Dickov)
Pedersen (-)
Ooijer og (Sinclair, Corradi)
McCarthy (Pedersen)
Gallagher (Emerton)

Chelsea 1-0 Liverpool
Drogba (Lampard)

Man United 0-1 Arsenal
Adebayor (Fabregas)

Tottenham 0-0 Fulham

West Ham 0-2 Newcastle
Duff (Martins)
Martins (-)

There might be a surprise extra in Saturday's list, but Sunday's is complete (due to the different way TFFO list points for the immediately previous day).

You'll never know how many of these I predicted this week, but suffice to say I didn't spot one, and another I thought would be wasn't given, so not a perfect set anyway. Time was never on my side this weekend.
Thank god your back.

Crompton
Dumbledore

Post by Crompton »

That answers the Lita KC issue then.

Not given.

Tricky Tree
FISO Knight

Post by Tricky Tree »

Judio wrote:
Bramernic wrote:You'll never know how many of these I predicted this week, but suffice to say I didn't spot one

We were all too busy looking to see if a defender got a touch on Cahill's cross to cancel his KC no one spotted it was actually Osman
Really? I've not really looked at this thread until today as I've been too depressed about my season, but it was clear that Osman shot from the cross and the keeper parried it for AJ's follow up, there where no defenders close???

anon6
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: Small Profit

Post by anon6 »

southmeister wrote: Excellent memory work Mike, and an excellent point.

I remember that one, and I remember being hacked off there was no KC, so if Frank's is confirmed i'll feel a little bit vindicated!

Southy
Can't remember if it was Riqualme or Sorin or whoever. I just remember that he jumped, and took the ball on his chest (possible just outside the box), and was inside the box when the ball was struck. Would've thought this would be similar. Was a cracker of a goal though, and so was Drogs.

leeloo
Grumpy Old Man

Post by leeloo »

Tricky Tree wrote:
Judio wrote:

Really? I've not really looked at this thread until today as I've been too depressed about my season, but it was clear that Osman shot from the cross and the keeper parried it for AJ's follow up, there where no defenders close???
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vApDj_LCp8A

Johnson goals.

Crompton
Dumbledore

Post by Crompton »

anon1086 wrote:

Southy
Can't remember if it was Riqualme or Sorin or whoever. I just remember that he jumped, and took the ball on his chest (possible just outside the box), and was inside the box when the ball was struck. Would've thought this would be similar. Was a cracker of a goal though, and so was Drogs.
He was outside the box

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 991492.stm

2 mins 10 seconds on the video if you don't want to watch the whole highlights of that game.

Judio
Dumbledore

Post by Judio »

leeloo wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vApDj_LCp8A

Johnson goals.
According to the author he is an Everton LEDGEND

Good spelling :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

giggsy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by giggsy »

Crompton wrote:That answers the Lita KC issue then.

Not given.
I was going to bring this up, Lita should have got a KC if Lamps did.

Judio
Dumbledore

Post by Judio »

Lita only rolled the ball to Seol, who's shot was on the very edge of the D
so that was adjudged to be outside the area

Bramernic
Dumbledore
FS Record: Plenty of super league prizes, nothing from the organisers.

Post by Bramernic »

giggsy wrote:
Crompton wrote:That answers the Lita KC issue then.

Not given.
I was going to bring this up, Lita should have got a KC if Lamps did.
No way. Lita's pass was all of five yards and didn't take out any defenders and Seol ran on with it before shooting. Lampard's pass was half way across the field and Drogba just turned and shot.

reds363
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 28th 06/07; TFFO 3rd 09/10; TFF 3rd 12/13

Post by reds363 »

Watching that video of AJ's goal again - Osman was not even close to the ball. I stand by what I thought after MOTD that the defender's back leg takes the ball away from Kirkland's hands and makes it hit his body instead.

I thought maybe Osman played Cahill in but again no, I completely don't understand how he gets that KC. Or for the pen - he didn't touch the ball until after he was fouled so how is that a KC?

Mystery
FISO Knight
FS Record: 116th in TFF 05/06

Post by Mystery »

reds363 wrote:Watching that video of AJ's goal again - Osman was not even close to the ball. I stand by what I thought after MOTD that the defender's back leg takes the ball away from Kirkland's hands and makes it hit his body instead.

I thought maybe Osman played Cahill in but again no, I completely don't understand how he gets that KC. Or for the pen - he didn't touch the ball until after he was fouled so how is that a KC?
I havent seen the goals so am probably not best placed to comment but as a general rule I don't think it's important whether a player touches the ball or not. In theory someone playing a particularly fine dummy could theoretically get a KC (not that I can recall one of the top of my head).

Tricky Tree
FISO Knight

Post by Tricky Tree »

Only seen it once or twice max but when I did see it I was sure it was Osman who was close to the keeper and deflected the ball towards goal?

bossman
FISOhead

Post by bossman »

has anyone ever gpt a KC from a dummy?

Tricky Tree
FISO Knight

Post by Tricky Tree »

I've received a KFC from a Dummy

chaser2k4
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 1 Motw in 2006 tffe, top 500 finish in euro 2008 tff! trying to break into that top 1000 in tff. much better at shorter games.

Post by chaser2k4 »

At least the parker transfer has paid some dividens so far!

nhat1579
FISOhead

Post by nhat1579 »

Lampard KC is a complete joke

RowdyRaver
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RowdyRaver »

nhat1579 wrote:Lampard KC is a complete joke
They seem to be alot more generous with the KC's when the ball is kicked quickly and cleanly by the the scorer. Happened here

snowy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 4th nationally in TFF 05/06

Post by snowy »

if i may chip in here, i actually thought when watching the chelsea match that lampard would get a KC. That was my initial feeling. It was a lovely lofted ball into Drogba, and though he still had to finish expertly, he only actually took one touch and the shot was only just outside the box. I don't have any problems with him getting the KC (even though he's only in a small minority of my teams! :shock: )

Bramernic
Dumbledore
FS Record: Plenty of super league prizes, nothing from the organisers.

Post by Bramernic »

nhat1579 wrote:Lampard KC is a complete joke
I don't understand why you think this. The long distance rule doesn't say "the penalty area" and shots from just outside usually still get given KCs. Certainly the D is not seen to bar KCs. As others have said, it was a good accurate cross from Lampard. Yes, Drogba still had to control it, swivel and shoot, but KCs are still given when the striker takes 3 touches. He didn't have to dodge round any defenders or anything like that, so why are you so alarmed that a KC was awarded to Lampard? Personally, I'd have been more puzzled if they hadn't given him one.

anon6
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: Small Profit

Post by anon6 »

Crompton wrote:
anon1086 wrote:

Southy
He was outside the box

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 991492.stm

2 mins 10 seconds on the video if you don't want to watch the whole highlights of that game.
you're right....was struck outside the box, although he collects from inside the box.

This is a bit clearer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE1LAl8IYe0

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “TFF KCs & MOTM History to May 2007”