To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

KCs and MotM for Week 1 Aug 19th and 20th

A Forum holding the historic Key Contributions (KCs) and Man of The Matches (MOTM) data from TFF from 2005 up to May 2007
daniel morientes
Treebeard

Post by daniel morientes »

rooney (brown)

Jameselaprendi
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Jameselaprendi »

So you think its whatever the telegraph match reporter decides? And the reporter probably goes with what the match official decides on the day?

Flipside
Grumpy Old ManCity

Post by Flipside »

Can anyone see anywhere that doesn`t say Ferdinand og? just checked sportinglife.com and they have it og with everyone else

El Neilio 10
Grumpy Old Man
Location: Banned from telling the truth in the "Elite league - 2011 / 12" thread
FS Record: First Sun Weekly winner of the second decade of the third Millennium

Post by El Neilio 10 »

If Ferdinand didn't intend to play the ball (with his chest) then it shouldn't really be an own goal. Sounds like a deflection to me. Quite common in football.

:)

Flipside
Grumpy Old ManCity

Post by Flipside »

Flipside wrote:if a shot is goalbound before the deflection then it counts for the striker. As so many are saying it`s an og then i think there has to be serious doubt that the initial shot was goalbound.
Those are the rules for og`s they use. whether he meant to intentionally play the ball or not

thepole
Grumpy Poled Man
FS Record: Legendary

Post by thepole »

I agree with flipside as everyone has said OG thats probably what it will be given as

Any word on neville, was it tactical like sportinglife says or an injury (more likely, it is neville after all)?

daniel morientes
Treebeard

Post by daniel morientes »

Terry (robben)

Bramernic
Dumbledore
FS Record: Plenty of super league prizes, nothing from the organisers.

Post by Bramernic »

TFF award points to whoever is credited with scoring the goal at the final whistle. That is decided by the PA representative at the match. If the goal is subsequently awarded to someone else (of either side) it has no bearing on TFF points, just like if a red card is rescinded (eg possibly Todd) the player still loses 5 points in TFF. It's all in the T&Cs.

gilva18
Red & Blue Braces

Post by gilva18 »

Jameselaprendi wrote:The rio own goal is described as follows:

Heidar Helguson's goal boundshot from outside the area hits United's Rio Ferdinand square in the chest and loops over Edwin van der Sar.

Could be one for the Premiership's famous Dubious Goals Committee to decide on, but Helguson's the favourite.

So what is the expert opinion? And how does it work in TFF? Is it what the goals commitee decide?
Quite simple.....if the original shot on goal is on target.....and it hits a defender, it NOT an OG.If its off target and goes in because of the deflection it is an OG. In this case, NO OG!!!

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Chelsea 3-0
Drogba (definitely Bridge & possibly Robben??)
Last edited by murf on 20 Aug 2006, 17:42, edited 1 time in total.

gilva18
Red & Blue Braces

Post by gilva18 »

Judio wrote:So Far

MAN U 4 FULHAM 0

Saha (Giggs)
Og Pearce (Saha)
Rooney (Saha)
Ronaldo (Rooney)
Goal 3 - Surely a KC for Nevilles wicked inswinging cross resulting in Sahas blocked effort falling to Rooney?

james4d
Treebeard

Post by james4d »

does anyone know when the MoM's will be out?

thepole
Grumpy Poled Man
FS Record: Legendary

Post by thepole »

james4d wrote:does anyone know when the MoM's will be out?
In the telegraph tommorow

Raisin
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Raisin »

thepole wrote:Anyone know why Neville came off, hope its not another injured defender in my team
The injury from last week (hamstring?) was 'feeling tight'. Precautionary.

Raisin
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Raisin »

snowy wrote:not watching the 2nd half, but any chance of a double kc for the 5th united goal?
I was wondering that. Defence-splitting ball forward (from Ronnie?) must be in with a shout.

greenman
FISOhead

Post by greenman »

gilva18 wrote:

MAN U 4 FULHAM 0

Saha (Giggs)
Og Pearce (Saha)
Rooney (Saha)
Ronaldo (Rooney)
Goal 3 - Surely a KC for Nevilles wicked inswinging cross resulting in Sahas blocked effort falling to Rooney?
Haven't seen the goal but if Saha's shot was saved by the keeper it would negate any other player from getting a KC.

anon6
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: Small Profit

Post by anon6 »

greenman wrote:
gilva18 wrote:

MAN U 4 FULHAM 0

Saha (Giggs)
Og Pearce (Saha)
Rooney (Saha)
Ronaldo (Rooney)

Haven't seen the goal but if Saha's shot was saved by the keeper it would negate any other player from getting a KC.
I thought they'd changed that

Raisin
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Raisin »

anon1086 wrote:
greenman wrote:
gilva18 wrote:

MAN U 4 FULHAM 0

Saha (Giggs)
Og Pearce (Saha)
Rooney (Saha)
Ronaldo (Rooney)

I thought they'd changed that
Rule states:

“Key Contribution” means (in relation to scoring points) when one of your selected players makes a significant contribution to a goal scored by his football club. No Key Contribution is given to a player who simply touches the ball sideways from a free kick, or to the penalty taker when penalties are saved or come back off the woodwork before a goal is scored. Also, if during a pass to a team mate that results in a goal, an opposing player significantly alters the speed or direction of the ball, then no Key Contribution is given. If a goalkeeper does not have control of the ball and parries a shot or drops a cross or the ball rebounds off the woodwork, the attacking player shooting or crossing the ball receives the Key Contribution if a goal directly ensues. In the event of a penalty, the player in possession of the ball when fouled for the penalty gets a Key Contribution if it is successfully scored, but not if he takes it himself in which case no Key Contribution is given. No Key contribution is given for a player who earns a free kick that subsequently results in a goal. A Key Contribution may be awarded for an own goal."

Not clear but I read it as only the person whose shot is parried gets the KC.

gilva18
Red & Blue Braces

Post by gilva18 »

I know these things get debated so much but........Nevilles cross was a contribution to the goal. Without that cross there would not have been a goal so it was a key pass. As both 'contribution' and 'key' have been used....3 points thank you!!!!!

Raisin
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Raisin »

gilva18 wrote:I know these things get debated so much but........Nevilles cross was a contribution to the goal. Without that cross there would not have been a goal so it was a key pass. As both 'contribution' and 'key' have been used....3 points thank you!!!!!
Unfortunately whatever the moral justification it is the rules which decide. see above.

Gedz
Cheetah

Post by Gedz »

Quite simple.....if the original shot on goal is on target.....and it hits a defender, it NOT an OG.If its off target and goes in because of the deflection it is an OG. In this case, NO OG!!!
So Andy Johnson's goal yesterday was an OG then?

millrosss
FISOhead

Post by millrosss »

tough to say if that wasnt on target wasnt it??

only saw it once but i thought it was going in the general direction of the goal. wasnt well hit though.

gilva18
Red & Blue Braces

Post by gilva18 »

Gedz wrote:
Looked on target to me......

Stower79
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Previously placed Top 20 Sun DreamTeam, Top 20 TFF, TFF Divisional winner, Top 500 FPL

Post by Stower79 »

gilva18 wrote:
Gedz wrote:
Looked on target to me......
No, it was way off target until it got a deflection so it should go down as an OG. It would have gone closer to the corner flag than the goal. The dubious goals committee will probably take it off him but he'll still get the 5 points in TFF as it has been given to him at the time.

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

I don't understand the difference between the Andy Johnson goal and the Ferdinand OG. Similar effect - but different judgements. Can someone explain.

gilva18
Red & Blue Braces

Post by gilva18 »

Striker wrote:I don't understand the difference between the Andy Johnson goal and the Ferdinand OG. Similar effect - but different judgements. Can someone explain.
There IS no difference!! Both ARE goals, neither is an own goal! I have viewed both on skyplus over and over and both are on target when struck.

Gedz
Cheetah

Post by Gedz »

Well, you must be blind then. Andy Johnson's would definately NOT have gone in without the deflection.

To be honest I think it should only be classed as an own goal if the player actually makes an attempt to play the ball. If it's a shot that a player can't avoid, it should just be classed as a deflection. So neither Andy Johnson's or Ferdinand's should have been own goals. Whereas Ian Pearce's today was an OG.

Bramernic
Dumbledore

Post by Bramernic »

My view of today's KCs after watching MOTD2:

*** all confirmed as correct on TFFO ***

Chelsea 3-0 Man City
Terry (Robben)
Lampard (-)
Drogba (Robben, Bridge)

Man United 5-1 Fulham
Saha (Giggs)
Pearce og (Saha)
Rooney (Neville, Saha)
Ronaldo (Rooney)
Ferdinand og (Helguson)
Rooney (Brown)
Last edited by Bramernic on 21 Aug 2006, 19:33, edited 1 time in total.

greenman
FISOhead

Post by greenman »

Bramernic wrote:
Rooney (Neville, Saha)
I wouldn't expect Neville to get a KC .. can someone put me right? Thanks

Bramernic
Dumbledore

Post by Bramernic »

They've given double KCs on 'keeper parries before, so I'd say they should both get one. Neville's cross was pinpoint accurate.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “TFF KCs & MOTM History to May 2007”