To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Anyone else not manage to get on TFF website?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on World Cup (TFFWC), European Championships (TFFEC) and Champions League, Europe (TFFE) Fantasy Football games run by the Daily Telegraph.
Achiles74
Dumbledore

Re: Anyone else not manage to get on TFF website?

Post by Achiles74 »

Apology accepted and the free teams for next season will be gratefully received.

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

Achiles74 wrote:Apology accepted and the free teams for next season will be gratefully received.
You can't ask for more than that really, good on them.

Seriously, this is nothing compared to the mess that is the McDonald's game.

Achiles74
Dumbledore

Post by Achiles74 »

I agree, to be fair they have apologized, offered free credits for next season, that is good enough for me.

Even if my transfers had worked this evening I probably would not have won it anyway.

So Im happy now with the outcome, and big ups to TFF who have dealt with this situation very fairly.

sparx14
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: 2nd sky sports 08-09, 1st sky sports dec13 monthly

Post by sparx14 »

sparx14 wrote:Could be a blessing in disguise... I'd only planned 3 or 4 transfers today (Robben RVP and Costa), and was going to make a 50/50 decision on whether to go for iniesta. They've not scored crazy high (pending the spain result), so maybe those 3/4 transfers can make more points for my team later down the line.
Because I couldnt get those guys in i ended up using just one transfer for manzukic (excuse spelling). Was iriginally planning to ignore that game - result is for just one transfer I got as many goals as my original plan for using 4 transfers woild have got me

Tadpole
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Euro Under 21 Threes Winner ; Super Egg Cup Winner 12/13 ; JJB Fantasy World Cup 2010 Monthly Winner ; Mortgage Brain Monthly Winner 11/12 ; A few telegraph super league wins ;

Post by Tadpole »

sparx14 wrote:
sparx14 wrote:Could be a blessing in disguise... I'd only planned 3 or 4 transfers today (Robben RVP and Costa), and was going to make a 50/50 decision on whether to go for iniesta. They've not scored crazy high (pending the spain result), so maybe those 3/4 transfers can make more points for my team later down the line.
Because I couldnt get those guys in i ended up using just one transfer for manzukic (excuse spelling). Was iriginally planning to ignore that game - result is for just one transfer I got as many goals as my original plan for using 4 transfers woild have got me
I think you should be disqualified for encountering such luck :wink:

morganb
FISO Knight
FS Record: Fantasy Advent Calendar 2012 Winner; The FISODAS Cup - Season 22 Winner; Ralfbergs EPL prediction game 2013/14 winner; FISO Goals 2022

Post by morganb »

Couldn't they simply back out all the transfers done for yesterday's games then everyone would be back on even ground again?

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

I would imagine the percentage of people complaining is incredibly small so that really isn't in their interests.
How far back do you back them up? In a couple of teams, I brought Spain/Holland/Chile players in on Tuesday night.

Giggs11
Grumpy Old Man
Location: But Gerrard effed it up,again!! Gerrard effed it up, again!!!

Post by Giggs11 »

Why did you do that?

Incredible foresight if you did it because you guessed the website would have problems before the games the following day. I haven't had any trouble logging in and doing transfers before yesterday. Maybe others had, but I didn't forsee any problems.

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

Mainly because they were poor performing teams and it's touch and go whether I get home from work on time to do all my transfers before the 5pm kick off.
The point is that a lot of people don't wait until teams are named so backtracking all transfers isn't really an option.

How far do you back track?

Giggs11
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Giggs11 »

I'm not the one advocating tracking back. I'm just taking exception to those who were fortunate to avoid any problems and who seem apparently unsympathetic to those that did. The rules are clear, the deadline for transfers is the kick off times. These deadlines weren't able to be used.

That's exactly the point though, mate. You took a risk in teams that weren't contending for a prize. I'm guessing none of them were entered into the elite leagues? Yet you waited for team news for those that are still in with a chance.

My involvement ended yesterday when I couldn't log in, at two separate kick off times. I simply believe that entry money should be returned, which TFF have stated they will do.

Whatever, I believe a paid for game should be able to cope with however many entrants there are. Yesterday was a farce.

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

I'm not disagreeing with you and I think TFF have dealt with the problem as well as they possibly could have done.

Unfortunately websites are fallible and things like this will always happen from time to time.

Giggs11
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Giggs11 »

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: TFFOSM MotW in 2008 and MotM in 2003. 78th overall in TFFO for 2002/3 and 2003/4

Post by Surprised »

Looks like it's crashed again

joshchelseafc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by joshchelseafc »

Jeeeez some of you lot on here are like a couple of 5 year olds. " I'm not playing anymore wa wa wa".

It's the internet stuff like this happens! Even facebook were having gremlins earlier today so what makes tff any different? They do there best and thankfully for us incidents like this are very rare.

Just get over it and use transfers you were going to make on another game instead!

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

joshchelseafc wrote:Jeeeez some of you lot on here are like a couple of 5 year olds. " I'm not playing anymore wa wa wa".

It's the internet stuff like this happens! Even facebook were having gremlins earlier today so what makes tff any different? They do there best and thankfully for us incidents like this are very rare.

Just get over it and use transfers you were going to make on another game instead!
Stop being so sensible.

People come here to whine and cry. Let them be. Image

Giggs11
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Giggs11 »

Perfectly understandable why neither of you would give a fook, there's more chance of achiles and surprised being involved with the cash

joshchelseafc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by joshchelseafc »

Giggs11 wrote:Perfectly understandable why neither of you would give a fook, there's more chance of achiles and surprised being involved with the cash
How would you know?

Achiles74
Dumbledore

Post by Achiles74 »

Giggs11 wrote:Perfectly understandable why neither of you would give a fook, there's more chance of achiles and surprised being involved with the cash
Talking sense, what on earth have you been drinking?

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

TFF used to be bad for stuff like this. Often their fault for limited server capacity. They have been pretty good for the last year or two and seem convinced this was a bug not a server problem.

So... swear a bit then see the world hasn't ended and give them some slack for a one off problem.

And, no, I don't give a fook because I'm not playing the main game and wasn't going for the daily prize that day!

Giggs11
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Giggs11 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't recall whingeing, slagging your precious Tff off, or saying the end of the world was nigh, just that it was farcical for the problems that occurred to coincide with the day the elite leagues were set up.

The log in problems were simply the final nail in the ol coffin as far as I was concerned. I'd already began to tire of having to be online for the 3 kick off times and decided that the game just wasn't worth the effort as it resembles bingo more than fantasy football with the 40 transfers.

Surprised you weren't more into it murf...

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Too much effort when it is the summer!

Need some time off from stressing at every k.o. time about transfers.

Giggs11
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Giggs11 »

Aye, burn out reached here too ...

Still plenty of :lol: about though, especially an achiles post beginning with ' talking sense'

wizardoffire
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2013/2014 FISO Hotshots league

Post by wizardoffire »

site down again :o at 11pm in canada

Herc6
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Telegraph December Monthly Winner, SDT WDT Winner x7, Rugby World Cup Predictions Winner. Euro 2012 SDT phase one prize winner x3. Tour De France Weekly Winner, Formula 1 overall winner (Holiday to New York)

Post by Herc6 »

Down for me up in Scotland, 3am. Pity it doesn't go down on a Saturday night/morning after a few beers :roll:

ianthegirth
FISOhead

Post by ianthegirth »

site down? :?

hogweed
FISOhead
FS Record: Improving

Post by hogweed »

Site down for me. Transfers done early 8-)

bluenosey
Dumblenose
FS Record: FISO Goals Champ 2018/19 & 2019/20

Post by bluenosey »

hogweed wrote:Site down for me. Transfers done early 8-)
I got mine in but disappointing that the site has been down a few times. I expect better from The Telegraph :|

bluelionman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won a week in TFC once many years ago. Came 3rd over all once in First Downs fantasy NFL newspaper magazine game.

Post by bluelionman »

wizardoffire wrote:Latest from TFF headquarters

Well it hasn't been the greatest night in TFF history.

We'll be able to confirm an offer of free game credits by way of compensation connected to the forthcoming Premier League season in the next couple of days (we're still finalising the finer details of next season's game).

However, we can confirm that all Elite League managers will be offered a free membership into TFF 2014/15 Elite League(s) equal to the value of the Elite League(s) they have joined for the World Cup.

As stated previously, we will continue to work towards identifying and resolving the issues ahead of tomorrow's matches. Any transfers that did not get through will not be accepted retrospectively and the points scored in this evening's matches will stand.

Once again, we can only apologise for the frustration caused by the interruptions to the service, we share the disappointment that many of you have expressed and are also grateful for the messages of support.

We constantly strive to create the best fantasy games for your
enjoyment but, while it is always incredibly frustrating, occasional technical issues can happen within complex sites but we will always try to rectify them as quickly and fairly as possible.
Credits is a joke as they have only given me one when I complained they have said that's it.... I am actually going to complain to the gambling authorities as they neither gave me a refund or a credit for each team I had adversely effected in this game due to there website issues - so TFF and me are over with (TFC to and any Telegraph games for that matter)!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “International Telegraph Fantasy Football Games”