To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

DRAFT WORLD CUP GAME USING TFF

A Fantasy Football forum for news on World Cup (TFFWC), European Championships (TFFEC) and Champions League, Europe (TFFE) Fantasy Football games run by the Daily Telegraph.
streety
FISOhead

Re: DRAFT WORLD CUP GAME USING TFF

Post by streety »

Time to gamble. Thought about the Swiss today but chickened out.

Berezutski to Zusi
Ignashenko to Beasley

America... F##k yeah!

Edit - Transfers done. Woooooo spring break!

streety
FISOhead

Post by streety »

Shaqiri to Bradley

All out American... Woooooo.

EDIT - Done.
Last edited by streety on 01 Jul 2014, 20:11, edited 1 time in total.

sted
Dumbledore
Location: Outside, fighting 3 big fellas and drinking beer at the same time.

Post by sted »

nathan247
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2010 World Cup Egg cup Champion

Post by nathan247 »

Srna :arrow: mertens

robot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Winner tff world 2018 knockout 2nd TFF Euro 2012 Group Stage,tff weekly winner 13/14wk25, 14/15wk7&19,16/17wk2,,Winner tff champions league two foot challenge, winner sun Elite league 15/16,winner tff 17/18 chairmen league, week32 weekender joint 1st.

Post by robot »

streety wrote:Shaqiri to Bradley

You need a quick re think workie already has beasley

streety
FISOhead

Post by streety »

robot wrote:
streety wrote:Shaqiri to Bradley

You need a quick re think workie already has beasley
I was too busy eating donuts off a foam finger to notice.

I'll put Bedoya in instead.

EDIT - Done

the dude abides
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Dreamteam Renault Clio Sport Winner 2010/11

Post by the dude abides »

Draft Diary KO match 7

Argentina 0 - 0 Switzerland ( Argentina win 1-0 AET )

It had to happen didn't it . I've watched over 50 games of great football, this time i watched 115 minutes of crap football, and 5 minutes of pure madness, and excitement.
Workie-Ticket must have been asking "How do you solve a problem like Di Maria". he was rank all game, losing the ball, giving it away , then deep into the second period of extra time, he latched onto a pass from some bloke called Lionel, and passed the ball into the net.
The Swiss must be gutted. They kept Messi quiet all day, and restricted him to a few long range efforts.
The first half was a total snore fest. I mowed my lawn during half time, and didn't rush to put the cuttings in the compost bin. 8-)
Higuain again let down thebillfella with a few wasted chances, and my new Superstar transfer Lavezzi was very poor. He was replaced by Palacio, who should sue his barber, he seems to have missed a bit at the back. :lol:
This game was crying out for a player like Carlos Tevez, who surely should have been here ?
Rinky gets a triple cleanie, although Rojo will miss the Quarter-Final as he picked up a yellow card for a needless challenge.
Streetys Swiss duo of Benaglio , and Shaqiri got some points , as did Robroys Djourou, who was brilliant one minute ,and a liability the next, but the Swiss are out.
We have been spoilt in this World Cup with great entertaining games, but the Argies won't mind, they got the job done, and it doesn't bode well later for the USA, as every game has been won by the Group winners.
That should put the mockers on my only hopes of rising in this Draft League. :oops:

nathan247
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2010 World Cup Egg cup Champion

Post by nathan247 »

Site down for anyone else?

robot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Winner tff world 2018 knockout 2nd TFF Euro 2012 Group Stage,tff weekly winner 13/14wk25, 14/15wk7&19,16/17wk2,,Winner tff champions league two foot challenge, winner sun Elite league 15/16,winner tff 17/18 chairmen league, week32 weekender joint 1st.

Post by robot »

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

My penultimate transfer.

Feghouli :arrow: Schurrle

Delighted to see that young Andre is still available.

Edit: Transfer Done.

the dude abides
Grumpy Old Man

Draft Diary KO match 8

Belguim 0 - 0 USA ( Belguim win 2-1 AET )

From one extreme to the other. The earlier game was a anti- climax, but the World Cup is back on track with the entertaining games.
Massive game for The Dude Abides (me) 8-) , and Streety. We had ten players between us.
Streety become a fully fledged cheerleader for the Yanks with a four man midfield of Jones, Bedoya,Bradley, and Zusi, and to be honest , they all played their socks off.
Workie-Ticket had Beasley as well, and he didn't stop running all night.
The team spirit showed by the Americans was admirable.
thebillfellas Tim Howard was fantastic, he was going down faster than the value of a Rolf Harris painting :) , and kept the USA team in the game on numerous occasions.
Steds Dempsey should maybe have scored when through, but Kompany , and gang held firm.
Klinsmann's team started to get tired in the second half, and the Belgian's pushed on, looking to break them down.
Hazard gave rinky ,and Robroy hope , with a few efforts that he should have done better with.
Extra time come, and Wilmots bought on Robots Lukaku for Origi , who had played well.
Well, it was obvious to see that Lukaku was getting used to the new Belgain team diet of Chocolate, Waffles, Beer, some more Waffles, because he was a different man to the one we had seen in the Group games.
My man De Bruyne latched onto a Lukaku pass , and placed it just out of Howards reach into the corner.
A few minutes later the favour was returned, with De Bruyne , who by this time resembled Sammy Lees love child, his face was redder than a pillar box, passed to Lukaku to give Belguim a 2-0 lead.
Game over ? No way, substitute Green still found time to volley home , to give Hercule Poirot, Tin Tin, (can't think of any more famous Belgains) a few nervous minutes.
So clean sheets from my two , Streetys two, and BlahBlah if you are still alive, you got a shut out thanks to Cortois.
So , we now have our Quarter-Finalists.
thebillfellas earlier predictions are looking pretty accurate. My own team has no balance, so i lose four players whatever happens in the Argentina/Belguim game, so i don't think i will be troubling the leading three.
I noticed this thread has had nearly 5,000 views, which is amazing considering there are only twelve of us in the league.
Hopefully we will still have plenty of interest during the remaining eight games.
Somehow, i'm still in Tacalbala's doubles side game, so i still have to make a team in the "Mcshambles" game by Friday.
Myself and moonlightdribbler are representing England, and we are showing Woy, how to get the English into the last eight. :lol:

workie-ticket
Grumpy Old Geordie
FS Record: Champion NEFI superleague 2009-10

Post by workie-ticket »

Are clean sheet points awarded after ninety minutes even if goals are conceded in extra time?

robot
Dumbledore

Post by robot »

thebillfella
FISO Knight
FS Record: 6th FPL 19/20; 1st TFF StartXI 14/15; 8th TFFE11; 18th TFFE12; 1st FISO TFFE11&12; 1st FISO Full Draft 12/13,14/15,19/20,20/21; 1st Block14/15; 1st 5ASChampLge 12/13; 1st TFF Super614/15; 1st Spring17; 1st FISO Div Premx6, Cup, Mirror,Prem&H2H Champ 19/20

Post by thebillfella »

the dude abides wrote: thebillfellas Tim Howard was fantastic, he was going down faster than the value of a Rolf Harris painting :) , and kept the USA team in the game on numerous occasions.
workie-ticket wrote:Are clean sheet points awarded after ninety minutes even if goals are conceded in extra time?
Clean sheet after 90 mins and the most saves in a WC game ever by all accounts - there's even a petition in America now asking for an Airport (Washington) to have it's name changed to Tim Howard Airport in recognition of his stellar performance. However, in this game, because he concedes in extra time, he gets one point :roll:

How much did he get in the FIFA game for all those saves?

workie-ticket
Grumpy Old Geordie

Post by workie-ticket »

Just checking - dude's otherwise excellent and humorous write up :) suggests Belgium got a clean sheet!

workie-ticket
Grumpy Old Geordie

Post by workie-ticket »

Beasley out yepes in - can't see anyone better not already claimed. Thought he had been but guess he must have been dumped! :) moving to 4-3-3...

Edit - done

robot
Dumbledore

Post by robot »

workie-ticket wrote:Beasley out yepes in - can't see anyone better not already claimed. Thought he had been but guess he must have been dumped! :) moving to 4-3-3...

Edit - done
Yep I possibly foolishly dumped him looking for some russian points.

the dude abides
Grumpy Old Man

Sorry about the clean sheet error Workie-Ticket[/b I committed the cardinal sin of Fantasy Football. I didn't read the rules :( . That makes Tim Howards efforts even more unrewarded. 1 point for all that diving around ?, it's not a fair world is it ?

SE
FISOhead

Post by SE »

A big Draft World couple of games coming up!
A 3rd place finish for me now would be the max. I'd be able to achieve, Brazil accommodating! Ever the optimist!

5th / Should beat Streety's USA side! :shock:
4th / Dude loses 4 at least, whatever Arg v Bel! :shock:
3rd / A 1-0 to Germany would help against Striker! :D

If Sted overtakes me, we'll have had the biggest upset and best weekend viewing yet!

All the best. Enjoyed this, considering looking back to the draft I was tapping refresh on my iPad at ungodly hours of the early morning on a Florida holiday!

robot
Dumbledore

Post by robot »

So 28 players between us in this game:
On the bench:

Merteseker SE
Schurlle Striker
Mustafi (Out of Tournament injured) Robroy
Gotze rinky

Giroud Robroy
Koscielney Workie
Sissoko Workie

The only starter not in the 28 Khedira

SE
FISOhead

Post by SE »

Germany 1-0 early doors! Need Mert... to get on quick and a further totally boring 80 mins. for one of my hopes of moving up the table! lol

robot
Dumbledore

Post by robot »

robot wrote:Intention to transfer

Hummells :arrow: Kokorin

Edit Done
:roll: :roll: :roll:

the dude abides
Grumpy Old Man

Draft Diary QF1 Germany 1 - 0 France

Achtung !!!! "Allez Les Bleus" , the French fans must be in a daze. This wasn't in the script, Cantona, Zidane, Vieira, and Co are probably wondering where the French Football team got to this afternoon.
They never turned up, and they never really looked like troubling the Germans.
It was a mixed bag for our Draftees....
nathan was the biggest gainer , with his triple German defence once again doing him proud. Robots gift of Hummells must make it even sweeter, and he is now in the driving seat, and it's his to lose.
Robot also loses Sakho, and Evra, and Workie-Ticket joins him , in the bad day at the office competition, losing Lloris, Koscielny, and Sissoko.
thebillfella has mixed fortunes as well. Debuchy, and Varane out, but Ozil, Boateng, and the impressive Kroos going forward to the semi -finals.
We was told that Hummells had flu, yeah right, Joachim Low mugged us off , Sir Alex style. He was awesome, he held off Varane, and glanced a nice Kroos free kick into the corner. No chance for Lloris.
Striker who nicked Griezmann off me a bit sharpish, had a few chances, but both him and the many Benzema owners were out of luck.
The second half was as bad as the first, and it comes as no surprise that Ze Germans are now in a situation where they have been in more Semis , than Kirstie Alsopp, and Phil Spencer. :lol:
So all over Germany right now ,the people are munching on Bratwurst, washed down with a few "Becks" to the sound of "Prost". That's cheers to the non German speaking readers.
Okay, i think i've ripped the arse out of any more Jerry connections, till next week that is !

SE
FISOhead

Post by SE »

Perfect, if only you'd finished the Jerry quote with, a la film producer, ...can it!

SE
FISOhead

Post by SE »

Transfer out Neymar, in Origi.

That's it! Final transfer sorted!

robot
Dumbledore

Post by robot »

Intention to transfer
Guitterez :arrow: Depay

Edit done

thebillfella
FISO Knight
FS Record: 6th FPL 19/20; 1st TFF StartXI 14/15; 8th TFFE11; 18th TFFE12; 1st FISO TFFE11&12; 1st FISO Full Draft 12/13,14/15,19/20,20/21; 1st Block14/15; 1st 5ASChampLge 12/13; 1st TFF Super614/15; 1st Spring17; 1st FISO Div Premx6, Cup, Mirror,Prem&H2H Champ 19/20

Post by thebillfella »

Intention to transfer

Varane :arrow: Martins-Indi

[Edit: done]

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Transfer Matuidi :arrow: Demichelis :lol:

Edit: Transfer Done.

workie-ticket
Grumpy Old Geordie

Post by workie-ticket »

transfer yepes out basanta in

edit - done!

the dude abides
Grumpy Old Man

Draft Diary Quarter Final 2

Brazil 2 - 1 Columbia

Fortaleza was buzzing from the first minute to the last. A sea of yellow cheered on the home nation to a meet up with Ze Germans next week.
A Neymar corner looked harmless enough, but Thiago Silva made a late run, and gave Robot a good start, althoughRobroys Sanchez should have done better .
The referee , Mr Cabello was too lenient , and so many bad fouls went unpunished. Robots James Rodriguez was kicked from pillar to post, and no one was carded.
While on the subject of Rodriguez, i want too clear something up. His name is bloody James. All this Hames crap is getting on my wick. We've watched enough football to understand that he is not James , but i have it on good authority, that on the mean streets of Bogota, he is known as Jimmy, or Jimbo too his very good friends. :lol:
Anyway i digress. Side-show Bob, er Sorry, David Luiz showed his class and whacked in a 25 yard free kick which was pure class. Striker would have approved.
SE had Ospina again on good form, and we both had Oscar doing chuff all, but at least SE didn't pick him as a star player, like i did :oops:
Nathans Cuadrado just couldn't control the midfield like he has in earlier games, and the game was slipping away for Columbia.
Hulk actually had a good game, and SE will be happy enough with his input.
My defender Alves didn't even get on, so i felt some of the pain that Workie-Ticket has been feeling with this Draft game. Oh obviously Workies Columbian , Aquilar was on the bench. :(
Nathans Fred was his usual self, and along with Oscar went into passenger mode. Both will have to step up against the Germans.
Robot had Silva carded, so he misses the Semi as well.
Hames, Hahm-ez, or just James still had time to make it a tight finish, with a well taken penalty late in the game.
Another of BlahBlahs hit men Zuninga gave Neymar the rest of the tournament off, with a tasty knee in the back late on, uncarded of course.....

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “International Telegraph Fantasy Football Games”