To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

DRAFT WORLD CUP GAME USING TFF

A Fantasy Football forum for news on World Cup (TFFWC), European Championships (TFFEC) and Champions League, Europe (TFFE) Fantasy Football games run by the Daily Telegraph.
robot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Winner tff world 2018 knockout 2nd TFF Euro 2012 Group Stage,tff weekly winner 13/14wk25, 14/15wk7&19,16/17wk2,,Winner tff champions league two foot challenge, winner sun Elite league 15/16,winner tff 17/18 chairmen league, week32 weekender joint 1st.

Re: DRAFT WORLD CUP GAME USING TFF

Post by robot »

Good stuff dude not sure I agree with Kuyt he got me 16 points with his 2 penalty's, Depay yes :( The Brazil defence and my idiotic transfer out of Hummells will be my downfall :cry: lets hope for 2-1 to either side and no assist/goals for the german defence.

robot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Winner tff world 2018 knockout 2nd TFF Euro 2012 Group Stage,tff weekly winner 13/14wk25, 14/15wk7&19,16/17wk2,,Winner tff champions league two foot challenge, winner sun Elite league 15/16,winner tff 17/18 chairmen league, week32 weekender joint 1st.

Post by robot »

Well done Nathan,having the right mini block won through in the end,not letting hummells go might of won it for me but hard to tell because I did get a few points from his replacements.
Thebillfella has by far the most improved team from his starting xi although he did have a low starting point :wink: and Rinky has the 3rd best starting xi but drops to 7th overall.

looking forward now to the premier game.

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Well done Nathan!

@robot. Can you please verify that Nathan didn't make any mistakes "like what I did" in the Super 11s?

@nathan. Please PM me your account number, sort code, and name if it's anything other than Mr T. Miller, as I never realised that nathan began with a T. Or your address if you'd prefer a £25 cheque.

In one way you've been slightly unlucky as I promised myself a few days ago, and even wrote it down to prevent myself from weaselling out of it, if it actually happened, that if I won BOTH the TFF World Cup AND the Sun Premium World Cup game that I'd increase the prize tenfold to £250. As it turned out I finished tied for second in TFF and third in the Premium. So no larger than initially promised cigar for you mate. :wink:

I'll be sticking up a new thread and posting the rules for the 2014/15 Four Full Draft game in a few days after discussing them with robot.

workie-ticket
Grumpy Old Geordie
FS Record: Champion NEFI superleague 2009-10

Post by workie-ticket »

Congratulations Nathan, thanks to striker and robot for organising, the dude for the entertaining write ups :D and everyone else for making this an enjoyable comp! Look forward to the premiership game... :)

the dude abides
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Dreamteam Renault Clio Sport Winner 2010/11

Post by the dude abides »

Draft Diary World Cup Final

Yep, that's it for another four years. Congratulations to Nathan. His German defenders were the difference, and they looked solid all the way through the competition.
In fact, in the final, the Argentinian team failed to get one shot on target in 120 minutes of football.
Robot was second, and the fast finishing thebillfella was third. Striker and myself were tied fourth. :cry:
Joachim Low's team were no doubt the best team at a very good World Cup.
Rinkys Gotze scored a goal worthy of winning any game, but once again it was "Team Germany" that won it. They were immense. thebillfellas Swiensteiger was IMO , the best player on the park. He put in a Terry Butcher , Blood and guts performance. Boetang played the best i have ever seen from him. Rock solid, and as a team they simply didn't let the Argies put their mark on the game.
How Messi won the Golden Ball, i don't know ? He looked jaded, and apart from a few glimpses of his talent he was kept quite.
He did have a clear -cut chance to take over from Maradona as the God of Argentinian football, but he placed the ball wide of the keeper.
Thanks to both Robot and Striker for such a well run game. Updates were quicker than reuters, and we all knew where we were. ( Not always a good thing)
I will leave with my customary bad joke. thebillfella could have won this League if it wern't for this one true fact:
Gonzalo Higuain was born offside. 8-) Cheers, and Auf Wiedersehen .

robot
Dumbledore

Post by robot »

Striker wrote:Well done Nathan!

@robot. Can you please verify that Nathan didn't make any mistakes "like what I did" in the Super 11s?
Nathan did the correct transfers at the right times and didn't make any mistakes as far as i know but technically the only way of knowing for sure is a screen shot of the performance page, because with all of us having 30ish transfers left it would have been possible to sneak a player in and out without me knowing.(although I'm pretty sure none of us would of done that) :!: .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

streety
FISOhead

Post by streety »

Really enjoyed playing this one for the first time. Was up there for a while but dropped quickly in the knockout stages (I'll blame Glastonbury and Team USA).

Thanks for all the organisation. Looking forward to the Premiership game :)

nathan247
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2010 World Cup Egg cup Champion

Post by nathan247 »

Really enjoyed this, even laughing at Fred, great write ups too.

Well done Striker and anyone else who cashed in other games

When we starting the premiership game
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sted
Dumbledore
Location: Outside, fighting 3 big fellas and drinking beer at the same time.

Post by sted »

Thank you guys for a great comp and a great write up :D

thebillfella
FISO Knight
FS Record: 6th FPL 19/20; 1st TFF StartXI 14/15; 8th TFFE11; 18th TFFE12; 1st FISO TFFE11&12; 1st FISO Full Draft 12/13,14/15,19/20,20/21; 1st Block14/15; 1st 5ASChampLge 12/13; 1st TFF Super614/15; 1st Spring17; 1st FISO Div Premx6, Cup, Mirror,Prem&H2H Champ 19/20

Post by thebillfella »

the dude abides wrote:
thebillfella could have won this League if it wern't for this one true fact:
Gonzalo Higuain was born offside. 8-)
To think, I chose Higuain over Muller as first draft as I thought he would perform better in that climate; worse still, I decided early on to target a Spain block tactic rather than go for the still available Robben and J. Rodriguez :oops: Roughly a 140 point swing right there - may have left myself with slightly too much to do!!!

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Well done Nathan, thanks to Dude for the write ups and Robot / Striker for organising.

Not sure how to post my team screenshot and not sure I can be bothered to be honest (but will if needed and someone gives me a pointer)!!!

See you in a couple of weeks!

SE
FISOhead

Post by SE »

Cheers for an entertaining month! :D

rinky
FISOhead
FS Record: jan 09 sdt mom feb 13 tff mow feb 13 mirror mom 17-18 tff golden goal winner

Post by rinky »

Really enjoyed . Thanks for organising.

robot
Dumbledore

Post by robot »

thebillfella wrote: Not sure how to post my team screenshot and not sure I can be bothered to be honest (but will if needed and someone gives me a pointer)!!!

See you in a couple of weeks!
It was only Nathan that needed to post a screenshot :wink:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “International Telegraph Fantasy Football Games”