To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

TFF World Cup 2014

A Fantasy Football forum for news on World Cup (TFFWC), European Championships (TFFEC) and Champions League, Europe (TFFE) Fantasy Football games run by the Daily Telegraph.
Giggs11
Grumpy Old Man
Location: But Gerrard effed it up,again!! Gerrard effed it up, again!!!

Re: TFF World Cup 2014

Post by Giggs11 »

Striker wrote:
Englandcollapsed wrote:Legally does this make the game null and void? its hardly fair anyway whoever wins now did due to a faulty server not any skill.
Its incredibly frustrating for all of us, especially for those thousands of us for whom today was a key transfer day, but grow up its not a matter of legality. I'm as mad with myself as with the TFF idiots as crashing today was always a possibility and not waiting for team news wasn't a massive risk today.

We should be annoyed for a few minutes and then we should all move on, and not go OTT.

What an arrogant post Striker. As a winner of lot of money from different games I`m sure you would be a little more than annoyed if it was costing you some serious cash from being in a well placed position.
TFF have took a lot of elite league money so some might have been able to do transfers and others not which is worth a lot more than a few minutes annoyance.

wizardoffire
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2013/2014 FISO Hotshots league

Post by wizardoffire »

is there an assist there for Casillas :wink:

Latic
FISO Knight
FS Record: Minor past glories. Back for 2021!

Post by Latic »

Been on shift all day so fortunately for me I brought in the dutch last night. Pretty much every day getting towards a kick-off the site has slowed. Hopefully as less people use transfers then this may help in the future of the game.
I sincerely this isn't a sign of the bad old days with dodgy servers having an effect on the TFF PL game.

Agree with Striker in that nearly everyone could have predicted the Dutch team today so waiting was unnecessary. However, the site should be able to cope with 50k teams.

Maldini
Dumbledore

TFF World Cup 2014

Post by Maldini »

Out with a whimper

bluelionman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won a week in TFC once many years ago. Came 3rd over all once in First Downs fantasy NFL newspaper magazine game.

Post by bluelionman »

Latic wrote:Been on shift all day so fortunately for me I brought in the dutch last night. Pretty much every day getting towards a kick-off the site has slowed. Hopefully as less people use transfers then this may help in the future of the game.
I sincerely this isn't a sign of the bad old days with dodgy servers having an effect on the TFF PL game.

Agree with Striker in that nearly everyone could have predicted the Dutch team today so waiting was unnecessary. However, the site should be able to cope with 50k teams.
Really I waited as I thought with it being the Aussies and RVP already on a yellow he may have chosen not to start with him so that's why I opted to wait for team news and then in a paid game with 35mins to go would of expected to be able to make 2 transfers! :evil:

Personally I don't think it's become a fair game and hope the people in big stakes Elite leagues club together and take the TFF on legally as I certainly would want my entry fees back as the game did not work as it should - if I buy a car part and it don't work I take it back.... here they messed up and should refund all as it's not functioned correctly. Also I hope the Telegraph itself get loads of bad press over this as they may get more joy out of the game people over issues like this as it makes them look bad to! :evil:

Giggs11
Grumpy Old Man
Location: But Gerrard effed it up,again!! Gerrard effed it up, again!!!

Post by Giggs11 »

bluelionman wrote:
Latic wrote:Been on shift all day so fortunately for me I brought in the dutch last night. Pretty much every day getting towards a kick-off the site has slowed. Hopefully as less people use transfers then this may help in the future of the game.

Really I waited as I thought with it being the Aussies and RVP already on a yellow he may have chosen not to start with him so that's why I opted to wait for team news and then in a paid game with 35mins to go would of expected to be able to make 2 transfers! :evil:

Personally I don't think it's become a fair game and hope the people in big stakes Elite leagues club together and take the TFF on legally as I certainly would want my entry fees back as the game did not work as it should - if I buy a car part and it don't work I take it back.... here they messed up and should refund all as it's not functioned correctly. Also I hope the Telegraph itself get loads of bad press over this as they may get more joy out of the game people over issues like this as it makes them look bad to! :evil:
Totally agree. In a short game it`s essential to know team news and to say I did a transfer the night before because I had work commitments so guessed who would play versus I waited for team news and tried to do a transfer 30 minutes before deadline is ridiculous.

TFF have fooked up,it`s as simple as that.

Englandcollapsed
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 33rd Telegraph Fantasy European Super League 20/21 (12th TFCI, 17th TFFE, 67th TFC , 96th TFFCH)

Post by Englandcollapsed »

Giggs11 wrote:
Striker wrote:
Englandcollapsed wrote:Legally does this make the game null and void? its hardly fair anyway whoever wins now did due to a faulty server not any skill.
Its incredibly frustrating for all of us, especially for those thousands of us for whom today was a key transfer day, but grow up its not a matter of legality. I'm as mad with myself as with the TFF idiots as crashing today was always a possibility and not waiting for team news wasn't a massive risk today.

We should be annoyed for a few minutes and then we should all move on, and not go OTT.

What an arrogant post Striker. As a winner of lot of money from different games I`m sure you would be a little more than annoyed if it was costing you some serious cash from being in a well placed position.
TFF have took a lot of elite league money so some might have been able to do transfers and others not which is worth a lot more than a few minutes annoyance.
Just catching up on things and missed this. I don't really want to cause an argument I just expressed an honestly held view. There was a lot worse posted onto their facebook page on the night :)

I don't think its over the top to question the validity of a game that is faulty, it happened on the eve of Champions League as well. For me, I got home from work and it was already down so I had no chance other than guesswork but why guess when you expect it to work as normal. Anyway, following Strikers advice I have just made my transfers for the final - just in case :)

grahamajuk
FISOhead
FS Record: Fair to mediocre

Post by grahamajuk »

By allowing transfers before each kick-off time, TFF are actively encouraging people to wait until teams are announced. In a way, they've created extra demand, and should ensure they have the capacity to cope with it. Of course, this view is in no way fuelled by bitterness over a late, failed attempt to bring in Van Persie...

bluelionman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won a week in TFC once many years ago. Came 3rd over all once in First Downs fantasy NFL newspaper magazine game.

Post by bluelionman »

Funny thought they mentioned compensation but I have not had even an offer of free credits for the teams I had in this for their Premiership game - just the usual cut and paste of there T&C's absolving them of any responsibility! :twisted:

dellboy30
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FISO TFFE league champ

Post by dellboy30 »

FIFAWorldCup @FIFAWorldCup · 33m
#USA LINE-UP: Howard, Bradley, Besler, Beasley, Dempsey (c), Bedoya, Jones, Beckerman, Zusi, Cameron, Johnson #USAPOR #WorldCup

FIFAWorldCup @FIFAWorldCup · 33m
#POR LINE-UP: Beto, Bruno Alves, Veloso, Ronaldo (c), Moutinho, Costa, Meireles, Nani, A. Almeida, Pereira, Postiga

bring ronnie in :?:

wizardoffire
Dumbledore

Post by wizardoffire »

I did had a feeling he would do something but guess I was wrong :shock:

Thomarse
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: SL winner 2007/08, 2010/11, 2014/15, 2015/16, 2016/17 .. WC SL winner 2014!

Post by Thomarse »

wizardoffire wrote:I did had a feeling he would do something but guess I was wrong :shock:
Fell for it as well.

21 Transfers used now ... 2 wasted on Dzeko .. in ... out .. in again ... 4pts :( All other seems to have had cleansheet, goal or KC so more or less happy .. 723 overall.

sarllm
Wideboy

TFF World Cup 2014

Post by sarllm »

I have 16 transfers left, 251 points. Currently 19 points behind current super league leader....

What's the best tactic to adopt? Daisy chain strikers, or try to build a team with a more realistic chance of going to at least semis (Argentina have a favourable draw in theory)..?!

looneytoon77
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFFO 07/08 15th place, TFF Twitter League 3rd Place 12/13, William Hill MOTM 5 Winner 12/13, William Hill Season Winner 2012/13

Post by looneytoon77 »

sarllm wrote:I have 16 transfers left, 251 points. Currently 19 points behind current super league leader....

What's the best tactic to adopt? Daisy chain strikers, or try to build a team with a more realistic chance of going to at least semis (Argentina have a favourable draw in theory)..?!
I am in this dilema also. I have 15 transfers left, on 306pts in 57th place overall & 8th in Golden Boot League. I think I am going to keep doing what I have been doing & play with forwards on rotation. Only looking to do 1 more transfer before knockout stage.

In theory it should get easier in the knockouts as you get the extra 10 million to spend & players who you may be tempted to put in as a one off will probably be out already or eliminated. Very difficult to decide best way to go.

sarllm
Wideboy

Post by sarllm »

Good work looney, presumably (without giving it away) you have a fairly healthy def/mid?

wizardoffire
Dumbledore

Post by wizardoffire »

glad I got home in time to get Messi in by seconds to spare, thought Argentina might have rested a few people :shock: manged to climb a lot of places,

looneytoon77
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFFO 07/08 15th place, TFF Twitter League 3rd Place 12/13, William Hill MOTM 5 Winner 12/13, William Hill Season Winner 2012/13

Post by looneytoon77 »

sarllm wrote:Good work looney, presumably (without giving it away) you have a fairly healthy def/mid?
Have gone 4-4-2, cheap defence but served me well and strong midfield. All through so far to knockout round but some will fall at next hurdle as playing each other! Had Messi today and hopefully Benzema gets going soon in this game!

AJC1964
Grumpy Old Man
Location: On the 16th at the FISO Scotland Golf Day with 39 points in the bag.
FS Record: 20k biggest single win was TFF Div1 £5k 2004/05

Post by AJC1964 »

To a lot of Fisonians they won't know me, but to the ones that do, is 1964 back?

1st win in years, winning the daily tff World Cup comp

Unless overnight the scores have been known to change

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

AJC1964 wrote:To a lot of Fisonians they won't know me, but to the ones that do, is 1964 back?

Excellent. Glad to see you back - on TFF and on here. I guess a WC is your sort of duration!

AJC1964
Grumpy Old Man

Post by AJC1964 »

murf wrote:
AJC1964 wrote:To a lot of Fisonians they won't know me, but to the ones that do, is 1964 back?

Excellent. Glad to see you back - on TFF and on here. I guess a WC is your sort of duration!
Now days a daily comp is my limit

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Bloody 'ell Alan, I'd thought that you'd passed on and were now driving golf balls and taxis "up above". :wink:

Welcome back.

AJC1964
Grumpy Old Man

Post by AJC1964 »

Striker wrote:Bloody 'ell Alan, I'd thought that you'd passed on and were now driving golf balls and taxis "up above". :wink:

Welcome back.
young striker still trying to drive both golf and taxi's, trouble is with both hobby and job FF is kind of on a back burner. been playing tff all the time, but just not got the time to watch as much footy or follow it as much. when I remember I have a bash at the odd MotM comp, but thanks to work I usually waste the challenge by the 1st Sunday lol, though had a couple of close efforts last season, but got it wrong in final furlong.

doubt id ever be a reg poster on FISO though, mainly because i'm not as involved in FF anymore and 2, I never really got used to the expansion

Ayns
FISOhead
FS Record: MotW winner week 8 2011, MotW winner week 6 2012, MotW 2nd week 5 2013, MotW =1st week 17 2013 :-(

Post by Ayns »

Welcome back AJC. You may not remember me, but I recall having late night posts re drinking Shiraz and eating burnt pizza, oh it must be 7 or 8 years ago. Nothing much changed here. :mrgreen:

sted
Dumbledore
Location: Outside, fighting 3 big fellas and drinking beer at the same time.

Post by sted »

That's gotta be the longest ban in TFF history. You must be worse than Groomy 8-)

Welcome back AJ (even if it is only to gloat :wink: )

jobmeister
Red & Blue Braces

Post by jobmeister »

How is everyone placed now after the end of the group stage ? I personally have 3 teams the best on 326 points 12 transfers remaining the others 261 with 17 and 241 with 20.Someone posted 148 points with a whopping 34 transfers left.Any updates to compare would be appreciated.Thanks

Mystery
FISO Knight
FS Record: 116th in TFF 05/06

Post by Mystery »

jobmeister wrote:How is everyone placed now after the end of the group stage ?
Much the same as the start of the tournament. Longing for the real football season to start again.

Fudge Brownie
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Fudge Brownie »

jobmeister wrote:How is everyone placed now after the end of the group stage ? I personally have 3 teams the best on 326 points 12 transfers remaining the others 261 with 17 and 241 with 20.Someone posted 148 points with a whopping 34 transfers left.Any updates to compare would be appreciated.Thanks
Your 326 team is in a good position i fancy?

My best is 256 with 16 trannies left - time to gamble!!!

jobmeister
Red & Blue Braces

Post by jobmeister »

Cheers fudge brownie - hope your gamble pays off and you make the right choices !

SamD
FISO Knight

Remaining schedule

Post by SamD »

Spot your 2-for-1s, etc?

WORLD CUP 2014 knockout schedule: 28 June to 13 July

Code: Select all

stage  <    -    round of 16    -    >     < - q-final - >     < s-f >    3-4p    final
         date    Sa28    Su29    Mo30    Tu1         Fr4     Sa5       Tu8 We9    Sa12    Su13
          BST  5pm 9pm 5pm 9pm 5pm 9pm 5pm 9pm     5pm 9pm 5pm 9pm     9pm 9pm    9pm     8pm
  -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -
A1 Brazil      x                                       q?              s?
B2 Chile       x                                       q?              s?
C1 Columbia        x                                   q?              s?
D2 Uruguay         x                                   q?              s?
B1 Holland             x                                       q?          s?
A2 Mexico              x                                       q?          s?
D1 Costa Rica              x                                   q?          s?
C2 Greece                  x                                   q?          s?

E1 France                      x                   q?                  s?
F2 Nigeria                     x                   q?                  s?
G1 Germany                         x               q?                  s?
H2 Algeria                         x               q?                  s?
F1 Argentina                           x                   q?              s?
E2 Switzerland                         x                   q?              s?
H1 Belgium                                 x               q?              s?
G2 USA                                     x               q?              s?
Obviously, any of the last 16 could contest the 3-4 place or Final match.

Stigtag1
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Stigtag1 »

What's everybody's tactics going into the knockout stage? I'm sticking to switching strikers!

Anybody spotted any 2 for 1s etc?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “International Telegraph Fantasy Football Games”