To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Clocking Off

A forum for historic posts on the Poll Team (La Republica del FISO) created by some of the users of the PremierLeague.com Forum.

We're All Going On A Summer Holiday ....

Poll ended at 19 May 2007, 15:59

Once a Pubby - Always a Pubby!
100%
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
No votes

Total votes: 13

Flyman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO FPL Knockout Cup Winner 08; 5th Overall Sky Sports Euro 12

Clocking Off

Post by Flyman »

Well, we are at the end of our inaugural season and it'll be interesting to see just how many members have dug deep to keep La Republica's season afloat!

There's is no denying that our club's fortunes have increased as involvement decreased, suggesting that:
A) Too many cook spoil the broth :evil:
and/or
B) The old hardliners know the FF better than the fly-by-nights! :twisted:

In fact our rise from the 120,000ths in January to 17,305 in GW37 has been admirable. It suggests to me that the game might be better played in a league of ten teams with ten managers apiece?
But that then comes too close to multi-teaming for me to be done with FPl.com's game, and where would we find 80+ other dedicated players? :lol:

Fingers crossed that we can rise again in this last week. It'd be great to finish in the top 10K, though 15K may be more realistic!

Anyway, as before, please register that you're still playing the game by using the poll above, and thanks for taking the time to do so.
If you want to say 'hi' feel free, but no pressure. 8-)

7 day poll.

Stick
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Completely private

Post by Stick »

I believe I first walked through La Pub's doors about January time but I am too modest to accept all the praise :lol:

Twas only my first go at FPL (joined in GW27) and the polls etc were a great help in developing my own team also, so cheers for that.

I will be back again next year

vivo La República

sligorover
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sligorover »

Perhaps a comparison of our individual teams with la pub would be interesting. Proof of how committees work in the real world maybe :lol:

uppompei
Red & Blue Braces

Post by uppompei »

I will return next year.

Form being top of the elite easrly season, to finishing 142 in the end, just proves that the elite and its members know best and maybe I should have taken more of their advice!!

I will be back!!

Enjoy your summers (or winters) all

MD

snout
FISO Knight
FS Record: a slice of that cake, over there

Post by snout »

Sylvester Stallone, Dolph Lundgren and Arnold Schwarzenegger were discussing a fancy dress party they were all due to attend. The theme of the party was famous classical composers. Sly Stallone was insistent that he be allowed to dress up as Mozart. Lundgren picked Beethoven and the last choice was left to Arnie, who said:

"I'll be Bach."

viddleodge
sir goatus australis
FS Record: now 2nd highest ever weekly score at Goalsneak.com.au

Post by viddleodge »

sligorover wrote:Perhaps a comparison of our individual teams with la pub would be interesting. Proof of how committees work in the real world maybe :lol:
i finished about 60,000th but was about 2000th? last year.
so the committee stuffed me right up. :wink:

viddleodge
sir goatus australis
FS Record: now 2nd highest ever weekly score at Goalsneak.com.au

Post by viddleodge »

nash0819 wrote:Sylvester Stallone, Dolph Lundgren and Arnold Schwarzenegger were discussing a fancy dress party they were all due to attend. The theme of the party was famous classical composers. Sly Stallone was insistent that he be allowed to dress up as Mozart. Lundgren picked Beethoven and the last choice was left to Arnie, who said:

"I'll be Bach."
thought that was his dog. :wink:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “La Republica del FISO Club History”